1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Winner's Path Event: Pokewalker

Discussion in 'Stark Mountain' started by Phadunk, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NESgamer

NESgamer

Jeez, it took me a few attempts too! Actually i wasted a lot of watts, Munchlax was much easier, got 3 without problems.

Talking about hard, the Yellow Forest is just insane.
  2. mintyfresh7

mintyfresh7

does anyone know how to get other natures with preferable(flawless) ivs? I'd like to catch a horsea for my in game team in addition to munchlax and beldum.
  3. Staraptor Call

Staraptor Call

The DSi never asks you if you want to quit after setting the time. When should I start watching the clock when using a DSi?
  4. Chinese Dood

Chinese Dood

I was never a big fan of RNG abusing, but since everyone competitive seem to be doing it, I decided that I'll just give it a try, after catching 33 munchlaxes in the past week getting only one with an ok nature (careful) and ok IVs.

I tried that 2:13:58/59 trick thing and got these today:
    Relaxed Magikarp
    Adamant Beldum
    Impish Beldum
    Adamant Munchlax (Thick Fat)

all with 29/30/30/x/30/30/1. I tried to make it a slightly different time on every attempt (like a bit after 58, just before 59, right at 59, etc.).
  5. Sy123

Sy123

You dont have to, just turn the damn DS of, :), then turn it on again
  6. reaverz

reaverz

Hey, Brave trick worked for me too, only I lucked out with Pickup. -_-

Guess I'll have to wait to try again tomorrow...
  7. Smasher89

Smasher89

Seemed to work for me too in the first try, Adamant bronzor though, and only got it leveled up to lv 13 for IV checking, but all stats was possibly same as in the post...

Why is this so extreemly easy to time?, and why exacly those seconds (is it the first frames of the second that this abuses since theres nothing that makes the "delay" ?

EDIT: Got Brave munchlax with thick fat =)
  8. bearsfan092

bearsfan092

It's so easy to time because no matter what, the delay is always considered 0. This means you only need to hit a date/time/second.
  9. reaverz

reaverz

Okay, for the last three days I've sent one Brave nice IV Boomlax to my game each day. All three so far have Pickup... I'm starting to think that maybe each game will yield only one ability with that Boomlax spread. Can someone prove me wrong?
  10. Chinese Dood

Chinese Dood

All my lax have been thick fat (all 5 of them) and all my bronzors (all 6 of them) have been heatproof. So, probably that is the case.
  11. reaverz

reaverz

Oh no... If that's true, then I guess the only other possibility could be that the current setup of Group A Pokemon has Pickup Munchlax for that frame.

Perhaps if I take out my Pokemon and put it back in on Winner's Path, the Munchlax for that specific frame may this time have Thick Fat. I'll report back soon, unless someone else proves that the ability may differ...
  12. PhredLevi

PhredLevi

Well, I managed to get one of everything, with a handful of Munchlax to boot. I'm not sure if I want to head back to Treehouse or hang around Winner's Path for a bit longer.
  13. Flail

Flail

Does anyone know if there's a timid spread that works like this. Some guy on serebii claimed to have a nice timid hp ice spread but he got banned...
  14. Wichu

Wichu ACUPRESSURE
    is a Pokemon Researcher

Uh... just contact him on Smogon instead then?
  15. Shining_Latios

Shining_Latios

I got a Bronzor, Winner's Path is so Epic.
  16. Joel

Joel

I have ben working on Munchlax since the day the event started, and I do believe that just like your A, B, and C group Pokes have one of each generated when you go out for the stroll, the abilities they have (suppossing they have more than one), are set in the same manner.

I have stayed on Winner's Path for a while now, and when I catch my BoomLax's (I catch them in sets of 3), they always have the same ability on each stroll, and I recieve my gifts.

However, I think the ability is sent as the group of Pokes come back to your DS. I keep getting the Brave, 29/30/30/0/30/1 spread, and they are always Pick Up for me, so on that exact delay, I believe the ability is set, in accrdance with each persons SID, but the IV's are being hit off of the same delay.

I don't know how to RNG...I just used a delay I was given by MattJ to hit those IV's, so I hope I faked knowing what I was talking about well enough for everybody else to understand it.
  17. Flail

Flail

Didn't know he was here. I'll try that.

I contacted you (as you were the original source) but you didn't reply...
  18. Sy123

Sy123

Can anyone comfirm, that this can be used for every other Pokewalker course, I cant RNG, so it would be great if I could get more, I have made a lot of succesful attempts :)
  19. Flail

Flail

I'm pretty sure this works for any Pokewalker course. :)

MattJ posted this recently at Serebii:
    I can confirm the Timid spread works - got a Pikachu w/that spread. Unfortunatly my Surfchu was in slot 1 (I've had it there for a couple of days) so it wasn't timid and had a crappy spread. The Pika in slot 2 had this spread though. I guess I'll have to keep trudging through Yellow forest but at least I know it'll be worth it.

Thanks Matt!
  20. StealthX

StealthX

Is there a guide about how to RNG on the pokewalker? If so, would someone give me the link?
  21. Flail

Flail

Not that I'm aware of - I can't RNG so I would love one too.

Oh - and I just got my Timid Surfchu! Woo-hoo!
  22. reaverz

reaverz

I'm still getting Pickup on my Brave nice spread Munchlax... I currently have four identical lax.

At this point, either the Pokemon you have in affects the ability of a specific frame, or it's just set according to your ID, which would suck. I'm still hoping someone comes and says that they got two of the same Brave lax with differing abilities.
  23. StealthX

StealthX

I got pickup too. I'M SO ANNOYED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (does this mean that snorlax will have imunity? Or is there still a chance to get Thick fat?)
  24. bearsfan092

bearsfan092

It's set, which sucks for all of us. It's been proven by Wild Eep. You will always get Pickup on Brave Munchlaxes.

EDIT: Ability 0, which Pickup is, always corresponds to Snorlax's ability 0, Immunity. It can only change if it's from 3rd generation.
  25. Skymin_Flower

Skymin_Flower It's Seed Flare time.

I got a Brave Munchlax with Thick Fat... I assume you mean with those IV's?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)