Wisconsinite Warstory :O!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah. It's my first year in the VGC/competitive Pokemon gaming, and you know what? I get the one year with hax across the board.

This metagame was based on hax.

After months of preparing, I've come to the conclusion that I could have done no more than what I did. I couldn't have gone 5-2 in this metagame with my awful luck. No way. Wasn't gonna happen. I prayed for a clear mind and a good attitude. I slept 12 hours the night before. I spent hours a day working on a team. I spent more hours trying to prepare it to be ready. Nothing could outdo the hax.

So you know what? I had a darn good day today. I had fun, met some awesome people, some new faces, some older ones, and definitely fully enjoyed the trip. I'm completely content knowing I did my best, and hope everyone else feels the same way.

I put as much hax induction in my team as I could. Scarfed haxorus, Terrakion, even the unstoppable Deaglefisk. But no. Nothing would muster what ZeroWing showed me today.

(btw, I want a video of that. Please. I know someone recorded it. Post a link here please, that was absolutely ridiculous.)

First game...I end up going up 4-2, then down to 2-2. Problem? Nonsense.
Step 1: Send out Deaglefisk
Step 2: Use Muddy Water
Step 3: ...???
Step 4: PROFIT.

Nuff said.

Second game I lost fair and square. I got up 4-2 easily, then suddenly a wild Jellicent and Seismitoad (wtf, ikr?) appeared. Go...deaglefisk...NO WAIT NO NO NO. Yeah, let's just say he lasted long enough to smile at them 1 or two times before he got washed away :c...

Seismitoad sweep. Mind = blown. Credit = due to opponent. That was a worthy loss. But if you want to call hax, you can call odd team hax.

Third game. Oh. My. Goodness.
Let me sum it up with what I remember:
-6 muddy water misses / 9 chances to hit
-1 rock slide miss / 4 chances to hit
-1 defense lower from crunch >.>...
-3 parahaxes / 5 chances to be paralyzed (ALL ON FIRST TURN PARALYZE MUST I ADD!?)

Ri-freaking-diculous. I threw my hat on the ground in utter frustration. That told me that everyone was right. This metagame is all hax. Nothing but hax. I played Zerowing PERFECTLY. I survived down to 2-1. I got that much hax, and still came close. My strategy, honestly, was perfect. I was satisfied with what I could control. What I couldn't control lost me the battle.

Oh, and odds of me missing 6 times in 9 turns? 0.9 in 100. RIDICULOUS.

I had better odds of putting a focus lens on my stunfisk and using fissure than hitting with muddy water. I hit *38%* of the time. That's a 85% attack ratio normally.
Rock slide was tolerable. 75% on a 90% move. It happens.
Parahax...30% chance to be paralyzed...this game it was 54%. WHAT.

Fourth game I continued my slide against Evan (a duck). He haxed me a little too... I had him beat a little but one rock slide miss and one flinch on me turned that 180 degrees. Then my Muddy Water backfired again and that was GG. 3/5 muddy water hits there. 1 accuracy lower. >.>...

Fifth game was against Kinderlew. Pretty much Deaglefisk'd him and got a little hax, but nothing that was game-changing. Had that one pretty much from the start, probably because I knew what he was using to lead.

Sixth game I faced a guy from my original table. Haxed him a little too...I probably still would have won (like 95% sure) had he not gotten critted, but it would have been interesting to see it play out. Either way, I bounced back to 3-3...

Final game I played a guy I was talking to before the game. He knew my team (WHY DID I TELL IT TO HIM -.-) so um, yeah, gg from the start. He deserved it though, he played very well.

So overall, I should be 4-3 had planets not aligned for zerowing, and 5-2 had Evan not gotten two pivotal haxes (even though he did do really well, so I'm not really upset with that battle).

Strategy = didn't matter.
Hax = the game.

No wonder I named my haxorus "metagamrus"

After the match, I congratulated the noobs who got hax (:p), said hi to JRank and Lucien again, booked it back to the hotel, grabbed my stuff, and hit the road. Went from Indianapolis to the Milwaukee suburbs in less than 5 hours. #winning? I think so. 12 hours of driving in two days? Legs = sore. But hey, that was a great weekend. Will definitely go back again next year.

Also, I wana give a shoutout to a few people who I met at Nats in other divisions: Maski, Lucien Lachance, JRank, and Snake...all of whom are awesome :D. You now have another fan :p. GL next year!

Hopefully next year's metagame isn't based on luck or gimmicks. Something involving "more than 50% strategy" would be rather helpful.

Hit me up on Skype if you ever want to chat, name's Northernfront. If not there, find me on the Skarmbliss server on Pokemon Online- same name as here.

Hope you all had a bunch of fun. I sure did have fun, and hope to see all you c00l people back there next year. I'll be attending a Texas regional next year if they don't get a midwest one. If they do, I'll drive to it. But I hope to have an excuse to go to Texas :3...so much better than the midwest.

Thanks for a great first year everyone!

-ZachDro

At least you did better than me. After doing amazing on PO, I showed up to swiss and cracked under the pressure going 2-5. I got video of 6 of my matches and watched them all looking at how many mistakes I made in moves etc. The only match I didnt get vid of was the one where I lost to hax. You played very well, especially compared to me.

Hax = this metagame's definition.

It sucks, what're you going to do. Nice read and good job on the whole, hax really trolled you though :/ lol

Yeah were, I was very nervous too but that went away when I locked into tryhard mode. 2-5 is better than not winning though.

And yeah, too much hax. I think the only reason Wolfe won was because he was not using a hax strategy. He deserved it.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I thought our match was pretty clean actually. Amoonguss did avoid a Rock Slide and I did get a comedy crit on Eel that didn't really do too much, but the crit on Deaglefisk at the end didn't matter (unless turtle missed Aqua Jet because of the accuracy drop you got) and you missed those two Muddy Waters because I used Wide Guard. You actually hit all three that you could have hit that match!

Anyway, it was still a really great game and I enjoyed it and seeing you (and the rest of the DC people) all over again.

Haha yeah I'm not complaining about that. That was a typical match. The problem is that my team was trying to induce as much hax as possible, and I was counting on it to hit a few times.

Great job though, and yeah, it was fun seeing everyone :D

Hmm it seems like I didnt talk to anyone at DC hahah. Sorry I didn't see you :l

And thanks for the link. Time to shed some more tears :/

Yeah I wrote that out of rage.

But I had that battle if neither one of us would have had that much hax. Muddy water would have 2hko'd chandelure (let's give it the benefit of the doubt missing once), and if it missed once rock slide would have finished it. That would have been game, set, and match, since I could have taken out thundurus smoothly with a muddy water + rock slide from haxorus. then either haxorus or deaglefisk would be dead, and I'd have had terrakion to finish off scrafty and your other mon. and not to mention scrafty had a less than 50% chance to hit me that turn with drain punch >_>

Eh, all in all, I probably should have had it. We should rematch sometime though to see what it could have looked like, it'd be cool to see the results.

Then again, what am I complaining about, hax is the metagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)