With a Switch Switch Here and a Switch Switch There

Fair warning, this is my first warstory. The battle itself may not be up to most people's standards but I'm mainly looking to get the formatting and comments right so when I do have an epic battle to write about I'll do it justice. All criticism is welcome. I'm not going to attempt much humor because I've been told I can be quite crude. My team is also not that great so a little insight into that would be great welcomed and appreciated.

I won't post the teams first, I think it'll make the story more interesting to read with the suspense. Or you can ignore me and just scroll down to the bottom.

Enjoy.

Key:
-My moves/Pokemon will be in blue.
-My opponent's moves/Pokemon will be in green.
-Weather/hazards will be in brown.
-Hax will be in red.
-Item switches will be indicated in pink.
-Residual healing/damage will be in multiples of 6 for ease of calculation, so there might be some inconsistencies with the life %'s.

Battle between aFF1NiTy and High Roller started!

Tier: Dream World
Variation: +16, -16
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause

High Roller sent out Thundurus!
aFF1NiTy sent out Thundurus!

(100%)
vs
(100%)

I play Dream World not because I want to use Dream World abilities, but because I don't want team preview. Makes the battle more fun/unpredictable/interesting.

My opponent and I both reveal our leads to be Thundurus. Since it's his lead I assume he's using the same exact build as me with the exception of maybe the STAB attack. I'm fully expecting a speed tie Taunt. It could, however, predict the Taunt and go straight for some damage with HP Ice/Thunderbolt or gain a switch advantage with Volt Switch (if it carries it). In which case maybe I should try to do one of those things instead of attempting to Taunt it for nothing. This feels like way too much predicting for turn 1 though, especially since it could just end up being a sweeper for whatever reason. I'll just play it like I originally wanted to and see what happens from there. Taunt it is.

Start of turn 1
Thundurus[ used Taunt!
The foe's Thundurus fell for the taunt!

The foe's Thundurus used Thunderbolt!
Thundurus lost 198 HP! (66% of its health)

(34%)
vs
(100% | Taunt)

I lose a chunk of life from a STAB Thunderbolt and Taunt for nothing. Sort of. At least I have peace of mind knowing it can't Thunder Wave, Nasty Plot or Taunt me back. I still can't tell what kind of build this Thundurus is though. It may or may not carry Taunt, or might have just outpredicted me. At this point I can't tell so there's no point in busting my head trying to figure it out.

I have two choices laid out for me. It's most likely running Timid 252 Speed too so if I go for a Volt Switch it'll be a speed tie. If I lose the tie, I'm going to lose Thundurus for nothing from a likely Thunderbolt, but if I win I get a switch advantage and Thundurus lives to fight another day. Or I can fire off a guaranteed Thunder Wave and pray hax kicks in but run the risk of Taunt wearing off next turn and getting hit with a possible Thunder Wave in return. Or no hax and I die.

There's less complications with the first option, so that's what it'll be.

Start of turn 2
Thundurus used Volt Switch!
The foe's Thundurus lost 47% of its health!
High Roller called Thundurus back!
High Roller sent out Blissey!

The foe's Thundurus used Thunderbolt!
Blissey lost 118 HP! (16% of its health)

The foe's Thundurus restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Blissey restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(34%)
-> (90%)
vs
(59% | Taunt)

I'm able to go first, land a nice hit and get the switch advantage. This turn was perfect. I send Blissey in because it can take everything (except an unlikely Hammer Arm) Thundurus can throw at it and I want to take this opportunity to get some rocks up.

My team revolves around a fast sweeper with no boosts. Since I don't boost on the sweeper any and all damage my other members can contribute to will help in the sweep, so I'm very eager to get rocks up. Since Thundurus is still Taunted, I have a very good chance at getting them up. The only thing that would stop me is Hammer Arm. Haven't seen too many of those and it's holding Leftovers, not Life Orb, so I'll assume I'm safe. He's most likely going to switch, so now I get to see more of his team.

Start of turn 3
aFF1NiTy called Thundurus back!
aFF1NiTy sent out Serperior!

Blissey used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around aFF1NiTy's team!

Blissey restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(96%)
vs
(59%) ->
(100%)

I get my rocks up without a hitch and out comes a Serperior. I don't know why people like using this thing. Even with its Dream World ability and Leaf Storm it hasn't proved a problem to me ever. Since he switched it into Blissey, I'm guessing it's going to take this chance to throw up some screens or SubSeed me. Or it could just attempt to boost up with Leaf Storm. That's like the main reason people use it. Who knows.

Doesn't matter what he plans on doing with Serperior. I have the perfect Pokemon to answer to anything that Serprior can throw on me. Unless this guy mindfvcks me and uses HP Fire, the advantage will still be in my favor.

Start of turn 4
High Roller called Blissey back!
High Roller sent out Scizor!

The foe's Serperior used Leaf Storm!
The attack of the foe's Serperior missed!

(96%)
-> (100%)
vs
(100%)

He either predicted a switch or really wants that +6 Leaf Storm. I'm guessing it's the latter since screens and SubSeed would both have been a much better choice regardless of whether I stayed in or switched out. The hax was unfortunate, but it's not like it would have been a game changer. It wasn't exactly going to put a dent in Scizor.

I'm running a standard Choice Band Scizor, so the obvious move now is to U-turn on his highly likely switch to keep the advantage in my favor. Leaf Storm fits on all the Serperior sets so I don't know what skills it's running. I was wary of HP Fire though. *Ran a quick calc, on the off chance Serperior was packing HP Fire, even with Modest 252 SpA EV's and max damage roll I would have survived with 1%.* A Glare hax was also possible. I'm betting on a switch though.

Start of turn 5
aFF1NiTy called Serperior back!
aFF1NiTy sent out Heatran!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Heatran!

Scizor used U-turn!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Heatran lost 12% of its health!
High Roller called Scizor back!
High Roller sent out Rotom-W!

(100%)
-> (100%)
vs
(100%) ->
(76%)

My opponent correctly predicts what I'll do and responds accordingly. A Heatran gets sent in to tank U-turn but now I'm able to switch in a counter. The best counter to Heatran on my team is Rotom-W. I notice Heatran wasn't carrying Leftovers or Air Balloon, which leaves the possibility of Choice Scarf/Specs or Life Orb. That's a relief because the only sets I'm afraid of are the defensive and Torment sets.

I run a standard Choice set on Rotom-W, with the Choice item being a Scarf. I usually love crippling a wall or boosting sweeper with Trick but Heatran is neither of those, nor do I want to be stuck with any of its possible items. I'm left with either Volt Switch or Hydro Pump. Volt Switch will let me keep the switch advantage in my favor but if he doesn't switch there's only one member that can take a hit from Heatran and that's Blissey. Blissey can beat Heatran 1v1 as long as I don't get burned or Toxic. That's too risky for me; I don't want to force another switch out from Blissey. If it predicts a Hydro Pump and switches then I'm back in the driver's seat.

I could just Hydro Pump. If it predicts one then it'll most likely switch back to Serperior to take the hit, or maybe even something better. Hydro Pump is much more predictable since every set carries it. It doesn't know for sure if I have Volt Switch. If I do Hydro Pump, I'm going to have to switch out if he predicts it correctly, giving him a free turn. If it's not holding Choice Scarf I'll OHKO it first and if it is it can't OHKO me with a possible HP Grass. I figure if he does switch back to Serperior then we're back at turn 4. I can just switch Scizor back in and U-turn for the advantage again. Unless he outpredicts me and double switches. Ok, now I'm just thinking way too much.

Second option has a more promising end result, so second option it is.

Start of turn 6
aFF1NiTy called Heatran back!
aFF1NiTy sent out Forretress!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Forretress!

Rotom-W used Hydro Pump!
The attack of Rotom-W missed!

The foe's Forretress restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(100%)
vs
(76%) ->
(94%)

Hax for hax I guess. We're now even at one miss a person, except mine could have potentially knocked off half of the unexpected Forretress's life. Because of the switch I'm guessing it's a specially defensive build and he also wants to get his hazards up. That's not a good thing for me because if you haven't already guessed, I use Volt Switch and U-turn a lot and no, I don't carry a Rapid Spinner. To answer the question you're probably asking yourself right now, yes, I am retarded.

I'm locked into Hydro Pump now, so I can't screw it over with HP Fire or Trick. Hydro Pump might not even 2HKO it and I'm not relying on it's shoddy accuracy. The question here is whether or not to switch but who to switch to. I decide to just switch Thundurus back in to Taunt it so it can only get one hazard up. Or if I get lucky it'll decide to Rapid Spin first. Then I can Volt Switch back to Rotom-W and destroy it. I'm desperate to get my switch advantage rhythm back.

Start of turn 7
High Roller called Rotom-W back!
High Roller sent out Thundurus!

The foe's Forretress used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around High Roller's team!

The foe's Forretress restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(100%)
-> (34%)
vs
(100%)

Much to my dismay, it gets rocks up. Nothing I can do about it now. At least I can Taunt it to prevent anything else from going up.

However, it knows I carry Taunt. It could be gearing up for a switch or rare but possible Explosion, both which could put me at a major disadvantage. At this point though hazards are my biggest concern, so I go for the Taunt to guarantee no more are going up this turn.

Start of turn 8
aFF1NiTy called Forretress back!

Thundurus used Taunt!
The foe's Heatran fell for the taunt!

(34%)
vs
(100%) ->
(64% | Taunt)

Predicted my Taunt and sent Heatran back in. This could mean a couple of things. It can either mean this Heatran is Scarfed and is coming in to finish Thundurus off or he doesn't want Heatran anymore. Since my Scizor is still alive, I'm guessing it's Scarfed.

At this point I make a bad play. Even though I was already leaning towards Scarf I still took my chances with Volt Switch. I should have either switched out to Blissey or at least Thunder Waved it. Oh well.

Start of turn 9
The foe's Heatran used Hidden Power!
Thundurus lost 102 HP! (34% of its health)
Thundurus fainted!

Pointed stones dug into Rotom-W!

(0%)
-> (88%)
vs
(64% | Taunt)

Uh, did anyone else notice anything strange about that turn? I get hit with Hidden Power, but it was neutral. My curiosity got the best of me so I tried to figure out what the Hidden Power could've been: water, electric, dark, psychic, ghost, dragon, poison, fire and normal. Out of those, the most likely one would be electric. Maybe it got walled by too many Gyarados? However, I'm going to give my opponent the benefit of the doubt and say he accidentally messed up the IV's while manually changing them (I manually change them too; auto sometimes gives you an undesirable IV spread). Since it's for sure not HP Grass and been confirmed that it's Scarfed, Rotom-W gets switched back in now that it's locked into a neutral/not very effective Hidden Power.

He's obviously not going to stay in and try go toe to toe with Rotom-W with HP whatever. The same thing happened before and he predicted a Hydro Pump and switched to Forretress. So far it only got rocks up, and it's still pretty early in the match, so I'm guessing it's itching to lay down some more hazards. However, he does still have two unrevealed members that he could possibly switch to, or switch to Serperior or maybe even sacrifice Heatran/someone else (Thundurus) for a free switch in.

Old habits die hard, so I'm banking on Forrestress coming in to set hazards again. If that's the case, then the best thing to do is to try and cripple it with Trick. I kind of want to get rid of my Choice items at this point anyways since rocks are already up and there's probably going to be hazards coming from Forretress so constantly switching isn't going to be doing me any favors.

Start of turn 10
aFF1NiTy called Heatran back!
aFF1NiTy sent out Forretress!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Forretress!

Rotom-W used Trick!
Rotom-W switched items with the foe's Forretress!
Rotom-W obtained one Leftovers!
The foe's Forretress obtained one Choice Scarf!

Rotom-W restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(94%)
vs
(64%) ->
(88%)

At this point I can say something like 'read him like a book', but that would be arrogant and incorrect. I did predict him to some degree, but in actuality it was a risky move. I could have easily ended up with Heatran's Scarf or Thundurus/Serperior's unknown item. I essentially had a 1/6 chance of this going in my favor. A little luck never hurt though. Choice Scarf for Leftovers is my favorite trade ever.

He can either keep Forretress and lay down hazards like he was planning on doing, or switch out. Since it's stuck with a Scarf now I'm guessing it's probably going to lay down as many hazards as it can and either die for a free switch in or switch out for a free switch in later. I don't want this thing polluting my field with anymore hazards so it's time to kill it. HP Fire should do just nicely.

Recap: 5-6

My Team:
(0%)
(88%)
(100%)
(96%)
(100%) ?(100%) ?

Opponent's Team:
(59%)
(100%)
(64%)
(100%) ?(100%) ?(100%)

Field Status:
-Stealth Rocks on both sides of the field.

Start of turn 11
Rotom-W used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Forretress lost 79% of its health!

The foe's Forretress used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of High Roller's team!

(100%)
vs
(9%)

So it was a specially defensive build. Not that it really matters now. *A quick calc revealed that even with a max damage roll it would survive with 1%, so it was a 2HKO regardless.* It's able to get a layer of Toxic Spikes down. This may seem like a bad thing but it actually works in my favor. It's not going to be able to get another layer down, so at most it can only do normal poison damage, which won't hamper me too much. Three of my remaining Pokemon are immune, prevents my Blissey from getting burned/Toxic and prevents my sweeper from being paralyzed, although it will severely cut down the number of turns it can attack.

Time to finish this overgrown walnut off. So far this thing has irked me the most because of rocks, so I can safely say killing it will bring me immense satisfaction. I was contemplating using Hydro Pump instead in case he switches to Heatran but with the shaky accuracy I can't risk a second layer of Toxic Spikes going down. Can't Volt Switch as that would give him the switch advantage.

Start of turn 12
Rotom-W used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Forretress lost 8% of its health!
The foe's Forretress fainted!

Pointed stones dug into the foe's Serperior!

(100%)
vs
(0%) ->
(88%)

Nothing new here. Forretress finally goes down in a blaze of glory (pun completely intended). He brings his Serperior back in since I can't outspeed it anymore without Scarf and he can OHKO with Leaf Storm.

I can bring in Scizor, but with rocks floating around he could potentially OHKO it with HP Fire. Serperior hasn't revealed its other moves yet, but just like before, I'm pretty confident it wants to try and get a +6 Leaf Storm up. I could play it safe and go to Blissey, but if it does end up using Leaf Storm and carries SubSeed I'm going to be at a major disadvantage. I'd rather lose Scizor than let Serperior set up. Sorry buddy.

Start of turn 13
Pointed stones dug into Scizor!

Scizor lost 51 HP! (14% of its health)
The foe's Serperior's Sp. Att. sharply rose!

The foe's Serperior restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(100%)
-> (74%)
vs
(94% | +2 SpA)

Got greedy and went for the Leaf Storm. It's also carrying Leftovers, so it's probably a SubSeeder. It can still be packing HP Fire, but I feel if it did it probably would have used it by now.

I feel safe using U-turn to get the switch advantage. Throwing up a subs won't work because I'll just U-turn it to death. Sub damage > hazard damage. Switching won't help too much either since I get to counter pick. It could just fire off one last Leaf Storm and die to U-turn to get a switch advantage, but it seems like this guy really likes his Serperior. Let's see what he sends out to eat a U-turn.

Start of turn 14
aFF1NiTy called Serperior back!
aFF1NiTy sent out Gyarados!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Gyarados!

The foe's Gyarados intimidates Scizor!
Scizor's Attack fell!
Scizor used U-turn!
The foe's Gyarados lost 18% of its health!

The foe's Gyarados restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(74%)
-> (94%)
vs
(94%) ->
(63%)

Gyarados reveals itself as the fifth member. Too bad it's just a big target for two of my remaining Pokemon to zap into oblivion, which if course is the reason why Rotom-W is back in.

The only thing Gyarados can hit for decent damage with is Stone Edge. I doubt he's going to rely on a crit from a 80% accuracy move so the only option left for him is to switch. I can counter back with a Volt Switch. Gyarados is just killing itself with all this switching anyways.

Start of turn 15
aFF1NiTy called Gyarados back!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Serperior!

Rotom-W used Volt Switch!
The foe's Serperior lost 18% of its health!

(94%)
-> (62%)
vs
(63%) ->
(70%)

We rack up some more damage on each other. He's got to realize by now he's not going to win this by switching back and forth since I'll always do more.

Unless he's an idiot, he's going to do something different this turn. Either let his Serperior or something else die and get a free switch in, surprise me now with HP Fire or keep subbing and make me rack up hazard damage. I U-turn as usual.

Start of turn 16
The foe's Serperior used Glare!
Scizor is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Scizor is paralyzed! It can't move!

(62%)
vs
(76%)

So let me see if I have this right. Serperior has Leaf Storm and Glare, which means it's either not carrying SubSeed or it's not carrying Hidden Power. Whatever floats your boat I guess. I get hit with some paralyze hax but it happens, oh well. I shouldn't be complaining anyways considering I carry Thunder Wave.

I smell a Gyarados or Heatran switch in. U-turn will net me switch advantage or a KO if it stays in, both which will be greatly appreciated. No brainer here.

Start of turn 17
Scizor lost 55 HP! (16% of its health)
The foe's Serperior's Sp. Att. sharply rose!

Scizor used U-turn!
It's super effective!
The foe's Serperior lost 75% of its health!
The foe's Serperior fainted!
High Roller sent out Jirachi!
Pointed stones dug into Jirachi!

aFF1NiTy sent out Skarmory!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Skarmory!

(46%)
-> (94%)
vs
(0%) ->
(88%)

Finally KO Serperior. I switch in Jirachi because it's still holding onto Choice Scarf and I want to Trick it away. 99% of the Jirachi's I've faced are the Haxrachi set, so I may have the element of surprise here. Not many people have two Trick users on a team anyways. It switches in its final member, Skarmory.

I suspect Spikes + Whirlwind about to be unleashed on me. I better Trick this Skarmory quick before it starts shuffling my team to death.

Start of turn 18
Jirachi used Trick!
Jirachi switched items with the foe's Skarmory!
Jirachi obtained one Leftovers!
The foe's Skarmory obtained one Choice Scarf!

The foe's Skarmory used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of High Roller's team!

Jirachi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(100%)
vs
(88%)

Another successful Trick, another hazard setup wall now stuck with Scarf and in exchange I get its precious Leftovers. It's probably going to attempt to lay down more Spikes, so now all I have to do is kill it. He can still switch it out and save it for shuffling later though.

Instead of giving my Jirachi both Ice and Fire Punch, I only gave it Fire Punch and instead replaced Ice Punch with U-turn. Its last skill is Iron Head. Time to fry this metal chicken.

Start of turn 19
Jirachi used Fire Punch!
It's super effective!
The foe's Skarmory lost 23% of its health!

(100%)
vs
(65%)

I forgot how bulky Skarmory can be. I do a pitiful 23% and another layer of Spikes gets put down. Now I understand how people felt when I used to run Skarmory on my teams.

He now has rocks up, one layer of Toxic Spikes and two layers of Spikes. He also knows I carry Fire Punch. If he doesn't get greedy and go for that last layer of Spikes he could switch to Heatran for Flash Fire and use Skarmory later to shuffle. My Jirachi is dead weight against his remaining members. It already did its most useful job. I should've U-turned it out and saved it for fodder later but I figured I'd just let it die to a probable Heatran switch in.

Start of turn 20
Jirachi used Iron Head!
The foe's Skarmory lost 9% of its health!

(100%)
vs
(56%)

Guess it really wanted to complete its Spikes. My Iron Head didn't even flinch it. Not that I was praying for hax or anything.

Now it has to switch. He didn't set up a near perfect hazard field just to lose his phazer. I decide to keep Jirachi just in case and U-turn out of his switch. Since I know his whole team now I know I have a counter to anything he switches in.

Recap: 5-4

My Team:
(0%)
(94%)
(46%)
(96%)
(100%)
(100%) ?

Opponent's Team:
(59%)
(0%)
(64%)
(0%)
(65%)
(63%)

Field Status:
-Stealth Rocks on both sides of the field.
-One layer of Toxic Spikes on my side of the field.
-Three layers of Spikes on my side of the field.

Start of turn 21
aFF1NiTy called Skarmory back!

The foe's Gyarados intimidates Jirachi!
Jirachi's Attack fell!
Jirachi used U-turn!
The foe's Gyarados lost 7% of its health!
High Roller called Jirachi back!

The foe's Gyarados restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(100%)
-> (40%)
vs
(56%) ->
(37%)

He sends out Gyarados so I match it with Rotom-W. He's pretty much pinned against the wall now. His Gyarados is getting slaughtered by rocks and can't really do anything to my team anyways.

Gyarados seems to be switch in fodder so I'll just kill it with Volt Switch and let him get switch advantage. Don't want to risk letting it get a lucky KO with Stone Edge.

Start of turn 22
aFF1NiTy called Gyarados back!
aFF1NiTy sent out Thundurus!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Thundurus!

Rotom-W used Volt Switch!
The foe's Thundurus lost 33% of its health!
The foe's Thundurus fainted!
Scizor is hurt by spikes!

aFF1NiTy sent out Skarmory!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Skarmory!

(40%)
-> (34%)
vs
(37%) ->
(0%) ->
(44%)

Ok then. So Gyarados is back out, Thundurus comes in to die, and Skarmory gets the free switch in. I don't know why he wouldn't pick Heatran to go against Scizor. Guess he's going to start shuffling for hazard damage and use Heatran to clean up whatever is left. I also realize (I'm slow) that his Gyarados is probably a Sleep Talker with Dragon Tail a/o Roar.

Skarmory is going to proceed to shuffle my team to death (or try to at least). Like I said before, I'm an idiot. I U-turn instead of Superpower, letting him rack up some free hazard damage, but it doesn't really matter at this point. Four out of my remaining five members carry a SE attack against it, so it's not going to be alive for long.

Start of turn 23
Scizor used U-turn!
The foe's Skarmory lost 12% of its health!
High Roller sent out Jirachi!
Pointed stones dug into Jirachi!
Jirachi is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Skarmory used Whirlwind!
Pointed stones dug into Deoxys-S!
Deoxys-S is hurt by spikes!
Deoxys-S was poisoned!
Deoxys-S was dragged out!
Deoxys-S is exerting its Pressure!

Deoxys-S is hurt by poison!

(34%)
-> (69%)
-> (50% | Poison)
vs
(32%)

Jeez. Knocked 31% off Jirachi and half of Deoxys-S. Oh yea, that's the sweeper. I wanted something that could outspeed and revenge most threats even if they had a +1 Spe boost under their belt or was Scarfed and Deoxys-S was the best candidate. I could've went for a Scarf user with more SpA but being able to switch attacks has proved very useful. I copied a build I saw on here that had Ice Beam/HP Fire/Superpower/Thunderbolt, so credit goes out to whoever you are. Most people think it's using a lead set.

Anyways, this match is over. Deoxys-S has a SE attack ready for each of his weakened remaining members. All that's left for him to do is send them out to get shot down.

Start of turn 24
Deoxys-S used Thunderbolt!
It's super effective!
The foe's Skarmory lost 29% of its health!
The foe's Skarmory fainted!
Deoxys-S is hurt by its Life Orb!

(28% | Poison)
vs
(0%) ->
(52%)

I'll continue with the pictures just to please your eyes.

Start of turn 25
Deoxys-S used Superpower!
It's super effective!
The foe's Heatran lost 50% of its health!
The foe's Heatran fainted!
Deoxys-S's Attack fell!
Deoxys-S's Defense fell!
Deoxys-S is hurt by its Life Orb!

The foe's Gyarados intimidates Deoxys-S!
Deoxys-S's Attack fell!

(5% | Poison | -2 Atk | -1 Def)
vs
(0%) ->
(12%)

Zap.

Start of turn 26
Deoxys-S used Thunderbolt!
It's super effective!
The foe's Gyarados lost 12% of its health!
The foe's Gyarados fainted!

*log gets cut short*

(0%)
vs
(0%)

Very anti-climatic ending, I know.

Final Score: 4-0

My Team:

Opponent's Team:

I felt like everyone did their fair share but if I had to name one..

MVP:

Why?
Chipped away a lot of life.
Walled/forced switches.
Kept switch advantage.
Screwed over a wall.

Props:
+Rotom-W for the reasons above
+Scizor for similar reasons
+Blissey for getting rocks up

+Getting a near perfect hazard field set up
+Not using a weather team
+Not rage quitting

Slops:
-Thundurus for doing pretty much nothing
-A few obvious misplays

-Gyarados for doing nothing
-Heatran for doing pretty much nothing
-Not playing Serperior right

The End.​

what does the opponents serperior carry as the hp? cuz if it was hp fire like normal ppls serprior, hes been misplaying it. not a very good battle, a little too haxy. if serperior had not missed that leaf storm, he could have koed u with hp fire. but commentary and format was excellent

Loved this warstory. I love U-Turn and Volt Switch too, momentum is SO GOOD!

The Serperior was kind of a let down though. And you seemed as if you were in control of the whole match. His walls got hit by trick, Skarmory got 1 Whirlwind, and you always seemed to do more damage than him on the switches. It's a minor flaw, but I'd say you should pick a better battle next time.

Not too bad for a first try, but like the above poster said a more balanced match that doesn't hinge on hax would be more fun to read.

" I essentially had a 1/6 chance of this going in my favor. A little luck never hurt though."

Wrong. You were smart, and even though you had a little bit of luck, you assumed that he would try to do something that had been and would be favorable for him. Thats not luck. You are a good battler, or, at least, you had good battle. And you are a good writer too... thats one of a good wartory. Congratulations (:

Commentary: 10/10 (no really, it was great)
Battle: 4/10
Format:9/10
Overall: 8/10

You sir, have LOTS of potential as a warstory-maker. Just find better battles.

That warstory doesn't look so bad... You seem to have good battling skills, especially by keeping the momentum for a while, or even too much, because despite your opponent's hazards, you managed to beat him. I found the ending too brutal (not saying that all battles should end by 1-0), so please pick a little better opponent for your next warstory. Hax stroke again on the worst moments (Hydro Pump and Leaf Storm misses) but it matters a little here.

Excellent format and great comments, even if one or two of them surprised me.

8.5/10

I agree with Chielee, there is a lot of potential here. The commentary was definitely a strong point, very intelligent and thorough, although it petered out a little toward the end (But I suppose that's inevitable when there are so fewer options for both you and the opponent). I'll enjoy seeing what you can do with a better battle.

A good DW warstory! :D
You played around your opponent pretty well. He was pretty determined to get up hazards (although you did Trick-Scarf both hazards users...w/e) , and you used that to weaken his team. Very nice.

I'd rate this about 8.5/10 Great warstory, but the battle was fairly one-sided, what with it essentially ending 5-0.

Just to clarify, when I said "you have potential" I didn't mean "This could have been good, but wasn't." It was very good. What I meant was, you have inherent analytical abilities that will allow you to make an unforgettable warstory if the circumstances are right, i.e. you get a very good battle. Just don't get too eager and post an only "pretty good" battle; wait until you have a fantastic one and blow everyone's breath away all at once.

Pretty good warstory. Nice format and commentary. As everyone already said, you just need a better battle. Get one of those for a warstory, and you'll definitely have a 10/10.

8/10

wow, i thought it was damn good-especially if it really was a first try. the format made me feel all warm inside. plus an anticlimactic ending is just fine. it means you have higher to climb next time :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)