1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

WON BY TAYLOR! - The Bad Dream World Tournament! (Darkrai Inclusion)

Discussion in 'Dream World' started by jrrrrrrr, May 30, 2012.

1. Omicron

Omicron
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Man that first game was so close..

Nice games!

Now to vote on Darkrai xD
  2. V0x

V0x o:
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

:)
    Anyway now that I have actual experience, here's my opinion. Note there is over preparedness bias.

Darkrai feels like just another special sweeper. Despite a little above average defenses, it's spread of resistances is rather concentrated and is hit neutral by a lot more relevant attacks. Second, it's weak to Fighting and Bug, two rather common attacking types. In the end, Darkrai died pretty easily in all my matches and didn't do much. On Dark Void, I don't feel it's something game breaking. It doesn't have 100% accuracy like Spore, and with it Darkrai's coverage is limited to Dark Pulse and an inaccurate Focus Blast. I can't say anything much about Choice sets. Anyway that's all I glanced from the few battles I used Darkrai in, ggs once again.
  3. jrrrrrrr

jrrrrrrr wubwubwub
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I'll be making a thread about Darkrai soon, I just need some time because it requires a lot of log copying/pasting for me.

Congrats to Taylor!
  4. Bryce

Bryce Lun

Can we see the the vidoeo/logs of the final?
  5. drakon136

drakon136

Logs were posted here: http://pastebin.com/mLSp3Rrp

I admit though, it would be nice if someone could upload the logs to the replay viewer.
  6. Bryce

Bryce Lun

looks to me that Darkrai is nowhere near being OP from those logs.I'm guessing it'll probably be legit.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)