SPOILERS! Wonder Trades

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been sending out female 5iv (essentially 4iv because one of them is in special attack) jolly Larvitar spitbacks in love balls with Dragon Dance, Outrage, Iron Head and Stealth Rock during my quest for a shiny, and I'll be sending out more seeings how the shiny I got was 31/11/31/31/31/31 :(. I toss all the males and keep all the flawless females, hopefully some of you randomly get them or pm me if you want a flawless spitback

Ive actually been getting a lot of Wonderlocke trades! People have been setting their passerby message to 'wonderlocke' or whatever, and some 'mons even have nicknames like WONDER SNAKE the Onix. It makes me really want to do one! Except I know I'd be picky and keep trading until I got something cool which defeats the purpose of the game. I feel like Larvitar spitbacks would be a cool thing to get for a playthrough though, maybe I'll start nicknaming them so it's even more special

I've gotten lots of wonderful rare ball parents from Wonder Trade (recently I always get at least one out of every box I WT) but males in rare balls drive me mad. It's like ... so close, yet so far away. I once spent a week looking for a female Dream Ball Wooper after I got a male one from WT.

I've gotten lots of wonderful rare ball parents from Wonder Trade (recently I always get at least one out of every box I WT) but males in rare balls drive me mad. It's like ... so close, yet so far away. I once spent a week looking for a female Dream Ball Wooper after I got a male one from WT.
Part of that was what inspired me to try and catch some Apricorn ball Pokemon...only to find that one of the ones I had gotten over WT was bred from a hack. (Torkoal, you troll...) But at least I've got a female Moon Ball Sneasel so the male I got so long ago stops teasing me with a ball I can't pass down, among other Pokemon including Sport Ball Pinsir. (now if there would just be a Snubble swarm for Love Ball...)

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Ive actually been getting a lot of Wonderlocke trades!
I had a situation like this recently when I was WTing aerodactyl spitbacks. The person sent me a Santalune Forest bug (forget which). I felt good, because I gave the person one of the god-tier pokemon for in-game teams, and then I realized that it had 4 non-attacking moves (scary face, roost, tailwind, wide guard), and wouldn't learn an attack by level-up until level 25, and it would be...ancient power. :-/

I once spent a week looking for a female Dream Ball Wooper after I got a male one from WT.
Were you able to get a dream ball female? I can help you if you didn't. :)

The thing I like best about wonder trade is when I choose to start a new project, and I go looking through my pokebank stuff to see what I already have to start with, and find that I already have a 4IV poke with egg moves and a beneficial nature to start with (happens quite a bit for me, lol).

Also, as of right now, I have better luck getting shinies off of wonder trade than through shiny charm MM breeding. I've just passed the 2k egg mark, with 1 shiny hatched. I don't know the exact number of pokemon I've WT'ed (definitely less than 2k, though), and I've gotten 2 shinies from there (zubat, looked to be from a horde battle, and eevee, Kalso bred modest in a heal ball--perfect for sylveon, methinks).

Were you able to get a dream ball female? I can help you if you didn't. :)

The thing I like best about wonder trade is when I choose to start a new project, and I go looking through my pokebank stuff to see what I already have to start with, and find that I already have a 4IV poke with egg moves and a beneficial nature to start with (happens quite a bit for me, lol).

Also, as of right now, I have better luck getting shinies off of wonder trade than through shiny charm MM breeding. I've just passed the 2k egg mark, with 1 shiny hatched. I don't know the exact number of pokemon I've WT'ed (definitely less than 2k, though), and I've gotten 2 shinies from there (zubat, looked to be from a horde battle, and eevee, Kalso bred modest in a heal ball--perfect for sylveon, methinks).
I did, thank you! I still keep that male around because it's actually flawless but I still get annoyed looking at it sometimes lol.

I've only gotten two legit (as far as I can tell) shinies from WT and many more hacks. I got a level 1 shiny Giratina once, made me laugh.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
I did, thank you! I still keep that male around because it's actually flawless but I still get annoyed looking at it sometimes lol.

I've only gotten two legit (as far as I can tell) shinies from WT and many more hacks. I got a level 1 shiny Giratina once, made me laugh.
Level 1 is probably hacked, but level 5 in a dream ball with ability telepathy is actually possible (I can collect legit ones personally). If you transfer dream radar giratina to BW2 before you beat the 1st gym, it'll be level 5.

EDIT: missed the shiny, lol. Yeah, definitely hacked. ^^

EDIT2: Possibly not, going off of Sakuretsu? Curious.

Level 1 shiny Giratina (and Dialga and Palkia) is possible through the Sinjoh event in HGSS - it required some special event Arceus to activate; and shiny through RNG abuse. Just sayin' that it's possible - it most likely is a hack.

Level 1 shiny Giratina (and Dialga and Palkia) is possible through the Sinjoh event in HGSS - it required some special event Arceus to activate; and shiny through RNG abuse. Just sayin' that it's possible - it most likely is a hack.
Oh I know it's possible. The one I got was a really poor hack. If I could get my hands on one of those event Pokemon though ... *_*

Oh I know it's possible. The one I got was a really poor hack. If I could get my hands on one of those event Pokemon though ... *_*
Let's face it, the possibilities of you getting one are about 0% unless you have an Action Replay and some knowledge about PokeSav (and of course PokeSav itself).
I just got a shiny 6 IVs Giratina at Level 47. Too bad it's Docile.

Last edited:
Let's face it, the possibilities of you getting one are about 0% unless you have an Action Replay and some knowledge about PokeSav (and of course PokeSav itself).
I just got a shiny 6 IVs Giratina at Level 47. Too bad it's Docile.
Or, you know, you can just RNG the egg you get from Sinjoh. The cutscenes and selection might screw up the frames a bit, but if you know how to RNG (and know the frames advanced from the scenes!) chances are you can get a Shiny lv. 1 with 6 IVs.

I've actually gotten obviously bad hacks from Wonder Trade. Level 1 Blisseys, Azumarills, and even Dragonites (Blissey being slightly less obvious than the other two), along with Shiny Reshirams, Zekroms, and Victinis (nice try lol).

My friend just got a Pokeball Vivillon from WT. I appreciate the sentiment behind such acts, but it's still really lame. Sad thing is, lots of people don't even realise they're hacks and lots of people who send Pokemon like that out are thinking about doing a good deed.

Early on in the game I got a Larvitar with pretty cool egg moves (Which I kept and now I think it's worth it) and a Level 30 Japanese Pikachu from what appears to be from someone's Friend Safari and now it's OP because I kept it. Sucks because most of the time it won't listen, but eh, still very much worth it. Other than that, haven't really got much else. :/

Or, you know, you can just RNG the egg you get from Sinjoh. The cutscenes and selection might screw up the frames a bit, but if you know how to RNG (and know the frames advanced from the scenes!) chances are you can get a Shiny lv. 1 with 6 IVs.

I've actually gotten obviously bad hacks from Wonder Trade. Level 1 Blisseys, Azumarills, and even Dragonites (Blissey being slightly less obvious than the other two), along with Shiny Reshirams, Zekroms, and Victinis (nice try lol).
I was talking about getting the Arceus, but yeah guess that also counts

I got another Eevee... But this one has Anticipation and is female. Now to see whether Espeon likes Modest (this Eevee's nature) or would prefer a different nature...and if it has egg moves it has since forgotten.

My friend gets really "lucky" with wonder trades.
- Haunter with Everstone
- Shiny Charmander with Outrage, Dragon Dance, Dragon Rush, and a Modest nature.
- Diggersby named "SNORLAX"
- Xerneas named "FAILKARP'

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just received a nice parent while trading off Masuda Carvanha spitbacks; 4iv female Heracross in a Love ball, adamant with Rock Blast. I really want a Dream ball female with Moxie but this is a pretty good freebie!

boom 600th post

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)