SPOILERS! Wonder Trades

My only "bad" wonder trades was around release when I just did it for fun in Santalune Forest, so all I got in return were Pokémon from the same area. Since then I've gotten lots of decent Pokémon and some pleasant surprises! I am currently IV breeding for Gale Wing Adamant Flethling, so I am sending out all the Gale Wing Adamant Fletchling with less than 3 perfect IVs.

Very soon I will be sending out all my spare Quad and Trike Surskits from my breeding exploits. So keep an eye open.

I got a Goomy with Modest and one perfect IV in SpA some time after my third badge. Since then it's become my favourite Pokemon, and the only Pokemon I've ever leveled up all the way to level 100.

im starting to get a lot happier with wonder trading. the number of people being jerks seems to fluctuate but the peaks are getting lower and lower with the over all quality getting slowly better. ive been sending out a lot of my own breeding rejects. if I am breeding more common pokes like howlucha ill only send out the ones with relatively good natures. and ive gotten a lot of the same in return. ive gotten a few pokemon I really liked but nothing that is amazing. course ive done it so much my boxes were getting full and I had to release a huge number of the bad pokemon. one of my favs I got is a adamant DW shroomish with charm,focus punch worry seed and bullet seed. id alrdy got and trained my own breloom for my team but its still one of my fav pokemon. ive also gotten pokerus a number of times

Been breeding Noibats named Noibatman/Noibatgirl (pending on gender), so if you got one of those, that'd have been me. There's a lot of interesting stuff coming my way, most recent batch had a Drought Vulpix and a Marvel Scale Dratini...so I'm statisfied.

I remember that I was on route 8 and offer a Inkay ...I received a Level 33 Bronzong, and some time later I received a Modest Larvesta...help me a lot to hatch early eggs.

Like many others, I've been using the wonder trade feature and sending off those that don't make the cut in breeding projects. I've bred a large number of Riolu's and Torchics and sent them on, and I've often gotten some interesting stuff in return. It's been more of an exception than a common occurrence to receive some early-game mons like Fletchling, Bunnelby, and so on, but I've also received a lot of Flabebe, and strangely enough 7 Froakie (in contrast to one Chespin and Fennekin). My best so far is receiving a Haunter which swiftly evolved into a Gengar, so that was pleasantly received.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I'm using this in a different way -- I'm doing a nuzlocke and whatever dies (if it doesn't earn a "brobadge" a.k.a me getting sort of affectionate towards a Pokemon (NOW IN 3D!) because of some amazing things it does) I'll be wonder trading the things off and see what I get.

Right now only my Chespin died and I got a Stunky in return. It went straight in the box (that's the rule) but meh... Stunky's a pretty cool Pokemon.

We are going to spread a lot of Braixens and Mawiles left from our Mawile project. With a bit of luck, we might find a HA-Venipede we are looking for. Probably not the most probable bet here. Might not be enough counteract the Froakie-Boom however. These guy are really popular.

I'm horrible, I sent out an Adamant Haunter with 0 SpA IVs and 31 Attack IVs holding an Everstone. In return I got a level 67 Japanese Fearow. Oops,

trading off anything with my OT on it for the lottery, and the best thing i've gotten so far is an yveltal and a dugtrio named '3 amigos'. i've also been sending them off with stuff like sun/leaf stones so i don't feel as bad about sending off com-mons.

I got 2 modest froakies, a modest bulbasaur with petal dance, a pupitar, a beldum, and a jolly gible. With a perfect speed IV. I also got 2 pokerus mons, a bunnelby and a clawitzer. It's kinda useless now though considering that Super Training makes EV training incredibly easy. Pretty awesome. Also, does anyone want a japanese Ditto? I got an extra one.

I got Scatterbug and a Japanese Bunnelby in exchange for Heatmor and Lairon. I got more interesting ones afterward, though, thank goodness. I sent out Sneasel, Houndour, Panpour, Sawsbuck, and Klefki and got a Modest Cleffa with max HP, a Litwick, a Timid Eevee, an Espurr, and a Japanese Klefki.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
This isn't Wonder Trade but I got a 31/31/31/31/29/26 Bold HP Ice Italian Zapdos off the GTS for a scrap Yveltal I found in a separate trade (I got 3 yveltals atm anyways, though I'm not tossing any of them until I get a better one).

Neat things ive gotten out of wondertrade are Heracross, Golem, Brave Honedge (bred, but still bad stats), and like two Gourgeists. Needless to say I havent gotten much worthwhile.

I've been using Wonder Trade a ton lately to pawn off Honedges, Binacles, and Venonats from breeding. I probably traded about 50 Adamant Honedges with 2-4 perfect IVs and got nothing worth using in return, but I did get the occasional bred Pokemon with a couple good IVs that will make it easy to breed when I get to that point. Best thing I've gotten from Wonder Trade is probably an Adamant Marill with Belly Drum, Aqua Jet, and Superpower along with 28/31/13-14/2-3/31/31 IVs. Not perfect, but plenty good enough to use :)

Also check out any Honedge/Binacle/Venonat you get from Wonder Trade and see if the OT is Felicia. If so, it's probably pretty good. :0

Sent off 8 or so Shroomish with Bullet Seed and Seed Bomb got a mix of good and bad. Got a Blaze Vulpix, which was fine I need it for the Dex, some weedle, Mr.Mime and random stuff I can't remember. Did get a Honedge called #Breeding which I sent on its merry way (It had 31 SpAtk IV)

I love Wonder Trade so much. I've been doing a lot of breeding, so I've been trading away the bottom 95% or so of my babies. Currently responsibly for ~100 Careful Larvitar, ~45 Timid Gastly, and ~70 Adamant Drilbur, all with 2-4 perfect IVs. Cool stuff I've gotten in return includes an Adamant Huge Power Azurill (no Aqua Jet, though), Protean Froakie, a bunch of Japanese Ditto, and some Gale Wing Fletchlings. Also a shit ton of IDs for that lottery thing.

lol i was all ready to post about how shit my wonder trading luck is, but i've actually gotten a really good haul today. like lots of people, i've just been sending out lots of breeding rejects. some cool shit i've gotten include:

-adamant swinub with icicle crash and 31/31/31/31/31/x. and it's female, so breeding one with 31 speed will be easy.
-japanese protean froakie with x/x/x/31/31/31
-a honedge with pokerus
-a pinsir (i'm playing y so i was grateful for the pokedex entry)
-adamant 31 atk tech scyther

plenty of garbage too, of course, but man this is a great way to amass ids for the lottery.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would like wonder trading WAY more if you could do it in the background because the whole 'stop what you're doing and only do this now' thing feels like a bit of a waste of time. I mostly use it when I'm watching tv or something when I'm not really concentrating (then stop during ads). I haven't got any sweet breeding rejects or the like yet, just a tonne of really high level random 'mons, like a lv60 dwebble with no outstanding features at all. A friend got a timid protean Froakie (obv breeding spitback) so he traded that to me so I could breed better ones for us which is hella nice. But like I said, I really don't enjoy wasting my time getting hordes of Bunnelby's etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)