1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Challenge WonderLocke Challenge

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Classical, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Classical

Classical

What is a Wonderlocke?

To answer that question we're going to being with a nuzlocke, for those that are unaware here are the primary rules of a nuzlocke challenge, shamelessly stone from the nuzlocke thread.

Now I had an idea to spice up the nuzlocke and really change the way it works entirely, It's a change that primarily affects the first rule, where in any pokemon you receive you immediately trade off in the wondertrade feature of Pokemon X & Y. Now this causes some issues, like you can receive pokemon of much higher levels than the one you sent, so the Wonderlocke has a few additional rules. You can't receieve a pokemon with more than 10 levels higher than what you sent. You can also add other rules to this challenge as you would any other nuzlocke. So for my first runthrough I'll be playing with 2 uses of each pokemon center, and no items outside of battle.

I'll be posting periodically to story through my first wonderlocke.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  2. Unfixable

Unfixable

[​IMG]

Did you actually come up with this idea? You kind of just added Nuzlocke. Anyways, I will be attempting this on my Y version. I'll post Screenshots as I go through.
  3. goomy pls

goomy pls

Obviously not, the idea's been around for ages. This for example.

The problem I see with this is that we're going to see a lot of runs with Weedles, Fletchlings, and Flabébés. Not that it's not possible to finish the game with these, but it really detracts from the whole "random pokemon" idea when about 4/6 of the pokemon you get are the same early route pokemon.
  4. Unfixable

Unfixable

goomy pls pls, no they always aren't. I am about to start mine, I will show my Before -> After shots soon.
  5. missmaddiej

missmaddiej

So basically it's an egglocke but with wondertrade
  6. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

Marriland is doing a Wonderlocke playthrough that should be entertaining
  7. KingHeracrossTheBug

KingHeracrossTheBug

Can you make a rule that says you can leave your starter in the PC and catch other Pokémon instead?
  8. KingHeracrossTheBug

KingHeracrossTheBug

Or even worse, a level 43 Golem, a level 46 Sandslash, a level 42 Noibat, a level 59 Hydreigon, a level 100 Pidgeot and a level 71 Nidoqueen. The stuff I got before I decided to try an actual Nuzlocke.
  9. TheGamedawg

TheGamedawg

Am I the only one who loves it when I get a Pokemon named "Wonderlocke" or something like that though Woder Trade? I just gave someone though Wonder Traded a Jolly Minccino with 2≈4 perfect IVs and a few egg moves. I hope they enjoy it!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)