Challenge WonderLocke Challenge

What is a Wonderlocke?

To answer that question we're going to being with a nuzlocke, for those that are unaware here are the primary rules of a nuzlocke challenge, shamelessly stone from the nuzlocke thread.

Nuzlocke Rules said:
1. The player may only capture the first Pokémon he or she encounters in an area.
If you accidentally KO the Pokémon you encounter or run out of Poké Balls, tough luck.

2. If a Pokémon faints, it is considered "dead" and must be released immediately.
In more recent Nuzlocke Challenges, "dead" Pokémon are placed in a PC box named
"Dead" or "Cemetery." These Pokémon cannot participate in battles and cannot use
HMs. You may not "redo" battles; deaths are final.
Now I had an idea to spice up the nuzlocke and really change the way it works entirely, It's a change that primarily affects the first rule, where in any pokemon you receive you immediately trade off in the wondertrade feature of Pokemon X & Y. Now this causes some issues, like you can receive pokemon of much higher levels than the one you sent, so the Wonderlocke has a few additional rules. You can't receieve a pokemon with more than 10 levels higher than what you sent. You can also add other rules to this challenge as you would any other nuzlocke. So for my first runthrough I'll be playing with 2 uses of each pokemon center, and no items outside of battle.

I'll be posting periodically to story through my first wonderlocke.

Last edited:

Did you actually come up with this idea? You kind of just added Nuzlocke. Anyways, I will be attempting this on my Y version. I'll post Screenshots as I go through.

Did you actually come up with this idea?
Obviously not, the idea's been around for ages. This for example.

The problem I see with this is that we're going to see a lot of runs with Weedles, Fletchlings, and Flabébés. Not that it's not possible to finish the game with these, but it really detracts from the whole "random pokemon" idea when about 4/6 of the pokemon you get are the same early route pokemon.

Obviously not, the idea's been around for ages. This for example.

The problem I see with this is that we're going to see a lot of runs with Weedles, Fletchlings, and Flabébés. Not that it's not possible to finish the game with these, but it really detracts from the whole "random pokemon" idea when about 4/6 of the pokemon you get are the same early route pokemon.
Or even worse, a level 43 Golem, a level 46 Sandslash, a level 42 Noibat, a level 59 Hydreigon, a level 100 Pidgeot and a level 71 Nidoqueen. The stuff I got before I decided to try an actual Nuzlocke.

Am I the only one who loves it when I get a Pokemon named "Wonderlocke" or something like that though Woder Trade? I just gave someone though Wonder Traded a Jolly Minccino with 2≈4 perfect IVs and a few egg moves. I hope they enjoy it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)