Woobat [QC 3/4] Writing up

Should Bat get a set other than BP receiver?

• Yes (if so post down it there VVV)

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
aka:
wewbat
wewbae
woobae
etc.

Overview
########

+useful abilities in simple and unaware
+big movepool with stuff like heat wave, shadow ball etc. as coverage
+decent bulk 22/10/10 uninvested
+17 speed
+okay offenses
-bad defensive typing
-weak to koff

Baton Pass Receiver
########
name: Baton Pass Receiver
move 1: Roost
move 2: Calm Mind
move 3: Stored Power
move 4: Heat Wave
ability: Unaware
item: Eviolite
evs: 76 HP / 252 Def / 172 SpD
nature: Calm Nature

Moves
========

-roost is good recovery which is cool and nice and stuff
-cm lets it beat other set up mons and also lets it boost after being passed defense boosts into
-stored power lets it abuse boosts
-last slot is coverage: air slash is stab
-heat wave hits steels
-hp fite hits steels and especially pawn
-hp ground hits steels and mag

Set Details
========

-eviolite for bulk obv
-hits eviolite numbers in both stats
-rest in hp
-unaware is used to help woobat check set up sweepers which are otherwise threats to baton pass

Usage Tips
========

-basically just use it on bp teams bc it lets you set up alongside sweepers like fletch and then pass into bat and lol in their faces :D
-pass defense and speed boosts to it and it can sweep easily
-pawniard isnt a check it loses after woobat has a couple def boosts even w/o evio

Team Options
========

-use bp mons to boost def and speed and then pass into it
-unaware is useful for bp teams
-torchic is good partner passes speed
-mime jr is a great mon on bp with encore barrier and cm
-other bp mons like sewaddle, mienfoo are good teammates

Simple Sweeper
########
name: Simple Sweeper
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Stored Power
move 3: Heat Wave
move 4: Roost
ability: Simple
item: Eviolite
evs: 76 HP / 12 Def / 236 SpA / 180 Spe
nature: Timid Nature

Moves
========

-calm mind + simple gives you +2 spa +2 spdef which means you hit really hard with p good bulk
-stored power hits very hard with STAB
-heat wave hits steels that resist stored power
-roost keeps you alive longer

Set Details
========

-max speed timid to hit 17 speed tier, which ties mienfoo and outspeeds pawniard
-rest in spatk
-76 in hp for odd number to reduce residual damage and improve bulk
-12 in def bumps it up one point and theres nowhere else to put it really, in def over spdef because you have cm to boost spdef
-eviolite is chosen so you might tank a hit

Usage Tips
========

-it can be used as either an early game wallbreaker or a late game cleaner depending on matchup
-Get rid of fast threats because Woobat is revenged by or speed-ties with many of them

Team Options
========

-woobat likes fighting type partners because they beat the darks and steels that annoy it
-mons that like having special walls broken, such as abra and gastly, appreciate woobats support
-memento support from pokemon like drifloon and cottonee can help woobat set up
-it appreciates having stealth rock removed by either rapid spin and defog

Other Options
########

-speed means an offensive set can be run
-uturn is rly cool and gives it a cool niche on voltturn for beating setup mons
-koff is nice on it (its nice on anything)
-it has a great offensive movepool, such as Giga Drain, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam, and Simple Charge Beam
-hidden powers can be run to hit pokemon like pawniard (hp fighting) or houndour (hp ground)
-taunt can help it set up

Checks & Counters
########

**Dark-types**: Dark-types such as Pawniard and Houndour are immune to Woobat's primary STAB, meaning they can switch in on a Stored Power and threaten Woobat out with their supereffective STAB attacks.
**Knock Off**: Knock Off can cripple Woobat by removing its item and possibly KOing the Simple Calm Mind set.
**Revenge killers**: Pokemon that can revenge kill Woobat by outspeeding it, like Gastly, or with priority, like Pawniard, can prevent a sweep.
**Taunt users**: Taunt users like Mienfoo can prevent Woobat from setting up with either of its sets.

Last edited:

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Overview:

This is pretty bare. Woobat has 17 Speed and can become a decent Simple Sweeper, which I believe should be a set. I'll give you a proper check once you add that set, but the rest looks pretty good so far.

Consider adding ImprisonBat to Other Options too, as it screws Mienfoo over.

QC Pending.

in the overview, mention that it's really frail once it's eviolite is gone. also mention its access to recovery in roost.

in general, there's several places where you have really short comments. expand on each of these, especially in the overview. on points in the overview, relate each one to woobat's role in the metagame (baton pass recipient).

for the first set, in the last slot, are all those slashes really necessary? considering woobat will prolly be coming in fully boosted, air slash and heat wave might be all that's necessary. Calc to be sure though.

mention what unaware does in set details.

for the second set, is reflect really necessary? This is just me, but I'd rather run hp fight or roost and have team support to beat/weaken stuff that is fine taking woobat's boosted attacks, instead of running reflect to try and beat some of them.

mention simple in set details, and be sure to add more team options.

remove the physical set from OO imo, 45 Attack is too low to run on something like this.

please just use full sentences and capitalization in checks and counters. doing that now will give you a little easier time later on. I would suggest doing this for the rest of the analysis too.

holding off on stamping this for now

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Is Hidden Power Fighting even that good? The only prominent Pokemon I can think of that it hits are Carvanha and Houndour, and both of them have to be hit on the switch, anyway. I guess Reflect is useful for bypassing Substitute but I'm a bit skeptical of its effectiveness without Roost on the same set. I feel like both should just be left in move descriptions if not relegated to OO because at least Roost lets Swobat set up on more things and extends its longevity drastically, but I'd rather just use SubBJ or something of the sort.

pawn levi pawn
also fine i'll start using grammar and such in the analysis
also Kavatika i'll implement them shortly, but tbh i don't think air slash should go anywhere, it doesn't hit anything stored power + heat wave can't hit better

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
+2 236 SpA Woobat Heat Wave vs. 0 HP / 116 SpD Eviolite Pawniard: 22-28 (104.7 - 133.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I think you should rearrange the order of the sets because Baton Pass is a very niche strategy and the second set would be considered more viable on the majority of teams.
Baton Pass Receiver:
Why does this need so many slashes? Heat Wave hits steel types and does Air Slash hit anything that's annoying to Baton Pass? Change it to just Heat Wave or let me know why these other options are helpful.

Set Details:
If these Hidden Powers are actually helpful, an alternate EV spread needs to be listed here to go along with them because of IV changes.
You need to explain why unaware is useful here

Simple Sweeper:
Moves:
Reflect needs to be removed from here too
Don't give exact BP values for Stored Power given that it varies.

Set Details:
Mention what the speed does. Ex: Speed tie Mienfoo, outspeed pawn, etc.
Defense EVs are helpful when taking priority hits. Lets Woobat live Pawn's SP from full health

Usage Tips:
Remove HP Fighting reference
What its doing doesn't really depend on preference, more on matchup
Change the last point to say something along the lines of 'Get rid of fast threats because Woobat is revenged by or speed-ties with many of them'

Team Options:
Memento support
Hazard removal

Other Options:
You never got rid of Physical set from Kava's check
Imprison set is way too gimmicky imo
Explain what the offensive set would entail. Like a 4 attacks set?
Mention the cool coverage moves it gets like Giga Drain, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam, Charge Beam(!)
Taunt
Add Hidden Powers into here and say what they specifically hit like fighting for Pawnaird and Houndour

Checks and Counters:
You need specific Examples for each of these things.
Dark-types: definitely mention Houndour because of its ability to completely wall Stored Power / Heat Wave
You never added Taunt users from Avs' check
Critical hits can't be prepared for and a player can't really actively go for crits, remove this.
Add revenge killers and encompass faster physical attackers and priority users. Pawniards an example to highlight

I'll give you QC 3/4 after I see you've implemented this stuff!

Last edited:
i swear i added taunt users smh smogon
also yeah these are good points, but i thought the sets were supposed to be alphabetically ordered.
offensive meant four attacks yeah. i definitely removed phys set, ngl these stupid forums keep not saving my changes and i are angered. will implement once i get home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)