LC Wooper

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
QC: Hilomilo / OP / Nineage
GP: Omicron / Fireflame

[OVERVIEW]

Wooper's incredible defensive typing in combination with Water Absorb as well as its access to reliable recovery makes it one of the most consistent counters to some of the common Water- and Electric-types in the tier, such as Staryu, Chinchou, and Magnemite, and allows Wooper to consistently wall these threats throughout the game. It also has access to interesting support options such as Yawn, Encore, and Haze. However, Wooper's low offensive stats mean that it can often be setup bait. Its bulk is also low for a defensive Pokemon, especially on the special side, meaning that powerful wallbreakers such as Life Orb Doduo and Abra will easily be able to break it. In addition, both of Wooper's STAB moves are resisted by Grass-types, which also threaten it with a 4x super effective STAB move, meaning that it is easily countered by common Pokemon such as Pumpkaboo-XL and Foongus. Its weakness to Grass also means it has to be very careful of Grass-type coverage on certain Pokemon such as Ponyta and Clamperl that it would otherwise be able to check.

[SET]
name: Defensive
move 1: Scald
move 2: Recover
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Yawn / Encore
item: Eviolite
ability: Water Absorb
nature: Sassy
evs: 76 HP / 236 Def / 156 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Scald is Wooper's main STAB move and has a good chance to cripple a physical attacker like Mienfoo or Doduo with a burn. Recover gives Wooper reliable recovery, thus greatly increasing its longevity. Earthquake is a more powerful, secondary STAB move that hits the Water-types that Wooper checks neutrally. It also hits Electric-types like Chinchou and Magnemite very hard, meaning that Wooper is a reliable answer to them, while also heavily damaging Steel-types like Pawniard. Yawn forces Pokemon that are trying to set up on Wooper to switch out or fall asleep, preventing their sweep. Encore can lock a foe into a status move, potentially giving one of Wooper's teammates a setup opportunity while also potentially preventing foes from setting up on Wooper if you predict correctly. However, due to Wooper's low Speed, it will usually move after its foe, meaning that good prediction is required in order to lock foes into the right move.

Set Details
========

The Defense and HP EVs in combination with an Eviolite significantly raise Wooper's physical bulk and hit an Eviolite number, thus maximizing its physical bulk. They also allow Wooper to nearly always avoid the 2HKO from offensive Vullaby's Brave Bird and the OHKO from Shellder's Icicle Spear after a Shell Smash. The Special Defense EVs with a boosting nature raise Wooper's special bulk a lot and also hit an Eviolite number, maximizing its special bulk. It also notably allows Wooper to nearly always take the rare Hidden Power Grass from Chinchou as well as two Psychics from Elekid. Water Absorb allows Wooper to completely counter certain Water-types such as Chinchou and Staryu. Unaware may seem appealing in order to check setup sweepers, but due to Wooper's lackluster bulk, it can't check setup sweepers if its Eviolite is removed by Knock Off and will never be able to beat strong setup sweepers such as Swords Dance Doduo and Bulk Up Rufflet. A Sassy nature is used to raise Wooper's Special Defense and not lower the power of Scald or Earthquake, and Wooper is so slow that the drop in Speed will almost never matter.

Usage Tips
========

Always switch Wooper into Water-types it counters, like Chinchou, Skrelp, and Mareanie. Aside from stopping them in their tracks, Wooper will be able to get some of its HP back if it's hit by a Water-type move and also use Recover if it needs to. Also, don't be afraid to switch Wooper into other Pokemon it can take on, such as Magnemite or Ponyta, as they will usually be forced to switch out, allowing Wooper to Recover or potentially cripple a switch-in with a Scald burn. In addition, Wooper can sap momentum from an opponent by switching into Volt Switch from Pokemon like Magnemite and Chinchou. Be wary of Grass-type coverage on certain threats that Wooper would otherwise be able to wall, such as Elekid's Hidden Power Grass or Ponyta's Bloom Doom or Solar Beam. Wooper relies on its Eviolite to take as many hits as it possibly can, and losing it will significantly cripple it; as such, avoid switching into Knock Off users such as Pawniard and Alolan Grimer. Avoid using Scald if the opponent has a Guts user like Timburr, as it will become a significant threat to your team if it gets burned. Yawn can be used on a predicted switch, as it will immediately force the opponent to switch again. This is especially useful if Wooper's team has set up entry hazards, as it will wear down the foe. When Wooper is in against a setup sweeper, it should always use its choice of Yawn or Encore, as it can otherwise easily be set up on. Afterwards, it should usually switch out, since it is unable to significantly threaten common setup sweepers like Nasty Plot Vullaby, while both Yawn and Encore can potentially give a free turn to an ally.

Team Options
========

Wooper should only be used on slower teams, since it can sap a lot of momentum, and even then only on teams that absolutely need a check to Water- and Electric-types, as Wooper is unable to do much else. Pokemon such as Corphish and Archen appreciate Wooper taking on the Water- and Electric-types that check them throughout the game. Pokemon that can take Knock Off like Snubbull and Mienfoo are appreciated, as Wooper hates losing its Eviolite. Pokemon such as Foongus, Vullaby, and Ponyta can switch into the Grass-types that Wooper fears. Foongus also appreciates Wooper checking Fire-types, Vullaby appreciates Wooper countering Electric-types, and Ponyta appreciates Wooper taking on Water-types. Since Wooper tends to switch in a lot, entry hazard removers such as Staryu and Vullaby are good teammates. Similarly, entry hazard setters such as Ferroseed and Onix work well with Wooper, as it forces a lot of switches from opposing Water- and Electric-types. Clerics such as Spritzee and the aforementioned Snubbull can remove status such as burn and poison from Wooper, increasing its longevity.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

An Unaware set is an option to wall common setup sweepers such as Nasty Plot Vullaby and Bulk Up Timburr, but Wooper can't do much to them other than force them out with Yawn, and if its Eviolite is removed by Knock Off, it is usually unable to continue walling the setup sweeper. Waterfall is an option over Scald as a STAB move that comes off of Wooper's higher Attack stat, but the burn chance from Scald is very important to cripple physical attackers, and due to Wooper's low Speed, it is unable to utilize Waterfall's flinch chance. Wooper can utilize a Curse set with Waterfall, Earthquake, and Recover, but this is heavily outclassed by other bulky setup sweepers such as Timburr and Munchlax, does not boost Wooper's lower Special Defense, and is easily walled by most Grass-types. Toxic is an option over Yawn or Encore to allow Wooper to potentially stall out its foe, but the damage doesn't ramp up very quickly due to Little Cup's low HP stats, and the opponent can simply switch out to reset the timer, making it an inferior choice. Similarly, Haze is an option to prevent Wooper from being setup bait, but it is usually outclassed by Yawn, as the latter also forces a switch, which can rack up entry hazard damage on the opponent's team; however, Haze can bypass Substitute. Ice Beam and Ice Punch are both options to hit Grass-types, but Wooper struggles to find room for them, as it would have to give up Scald's chance to burn, Earthquake's ability to hit the Electric- and Water-types it checks, Recover's longevity, or the ability to avoid being setup bait with Yawn and Encore. They should generally be used over either Earthquake or Scald, but Scald's burn chance and Earthquake's ability to dent the Electric-types Wooper wants to counter are usually preferred.

Checks and Counters
===================
**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Pumpkaboo-XL, Snivy, and Foongus can all take any hit from Wooper and hit back hard with a 4x effective STAB move.

**Wallbreakers**: Powerful attackers such as Life Orb Doduo and Abra will easily be able to break through Wooper's relatively low defenses.

**Knock Off**: If Wooper loses its Eviolite, it becomes quite frail, meaning it will be easily broken through. Pokemon such as Pawniard and Alolan Grimer always carry Knock Off, which removes Wooper's Eviolite.

**Status**: Burn and poison both can significantly reduce Wooper's longevity and will force it to use Recover more often than it wants to.

Last edited:

Hilomilo

High-low My-low
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Overview
* I'd add that its Grass-type weakness means it's extremely vulnerable to Grass-type coverage moves from things like Ponyta, Vulpix, and Clamperl.
* I also think that its mediocrity should be emphasized a bit more. Wooper's not fast, bulky or powerful and that should really be stressed whenever possible.

Set
Good

Moves
* Give examples of physical attackers that Scald can burn.
* Earthquake does more than hitting Water-types, as it can dent Electric- and Steel- types as well. Give examples of Pokes with all these types, though calcs aren't needed since Wooper's a defensive mon.
* I'd honestly put Haze here instead of in Other Options. Imo, its a more useful option when dealing with Z-move set up sweepers like Vullaby, Pumpkaboo (it'll likely set up in hopes of a switch) and Sunny Day Ponyta, since they can only set up once and Pumpkaboo has insomnia. Doesn't warrant a a slash, but imo is more than enough to be mentioned here.

Set Details
* I'd give another example of what the physical bulk investment allows Wooper to tank. One is just a little weak imo, since it surely tanks more than just hits from Vullaby.
* Again, give another example of a move Wooper can take with its SpDef investment.

Usage Tips
* Don't use Honedge as an example, it isn't relevant. Archen is a better example.
* In your Knock Off section, give examples of mons that carry the move, such as Pawniard and Alolan Grimer (especially given that Wooper could probably switch into these mons' other attacks without much fear).
* I'd add that Yawn is a decent option to use when predicting a switch.
* I'd also add that Wooper can catch Volt Switches from stuff like Chinchou and Magnemite and should feel free to switch in on the move if its predicted.

Team Options
* Wooper's only role is as a check to certain Water-types. I'd add that because of this, you should only use Wooper on teams that absolutely require a Water-type check given Wooper's inconsistency and poor stats.
* Slower teams are generally the only ones that Wooper fits on, since it kind of saps momentum. Add this.

Other Options
Looks good

Checks and Counters
* All I can think to add here is examples of pokes that carry Knock Off so newer players reading know what to look out for when using Wooper.

Implement these changes and you'll have my 1/3.

Xayah

San Bwanna
Overview
* I'd add that its Grass-type weakness means it's extremely vulnerable to Grass-type coverage moves from things like Ponyta, Vulpix, and Clamperl.
* I also think that its mediocrity should be emphasized a bit more. Wooper's not fast, bulky or powerful and that should really be stressed whenever possible.

Set
Good

Moves
* Give examples of physical attackers that Scald can burn.
* Earthquake does more than hitting Water-types, as it can dent Electric- and Steel- types as well. Give examples of Pokes with all these types, though calcs aren't needed since Wooper's a defensive mon.
* I'd honestly put Haze here instead of in Other Options. Imo, its a more useful option when dealing with Z-move set up sweepers like Vullaby, Pumpkaboo (it'll likely set up in hopes of a switch) and Sunny Day Ponyta, since they can only set up once and Pumpkaboo has insomnia. Doesn't warrant a a slash, but imo is more than enough to be mentioned here.

Set Details
* I'd give another example of what the physical bulk investment allows Wooper to tank. One is just a little weak imo, since it surely tanks more than just hits from Vullaby.
* Again, give another example of a move Wooper can take with its SpDef investment.

Usage Tips
* Don't use Honedge as an example, it isn't relevant. Archen is a better example.
* In your Knock Off section, give examples of mons that carry the move, such as Pawniard and Alolan Grimer (especially given that Wooper could probably switch into these mons' other attacks without much fear).
* I'd add that Yawn is a decent option to use when predicting a switch.
* I'd also add that Wooper can catch Volt Switches from stuff like Chinchou and Magnemite and should feel free to switch in on the move if its predicted.

Team Options
* Wooper's only role is as a check to certain Water-types. I'd add that because of this, you should only use Wooper on teams that absolutely require a Water-type check given Wooper's inconsistency and poor stats.
* Slower teams are generally the only ones that Wooper fits on, since it kind of saps momentum. Add this.

Other Options
Looks good

Checks and Counters
* All I can think to add here is examples of pokes that carry Knock Off so newer players reading know what to look out for when using Wooper.

Implement these changes and you'll have my 1/3.
Thanks for the check, implemented. Ready for 2/3

I'm not a huge fan of the set name because Wooper does a bit more than just counter Water-types. It's fine as is, but I think a more general name like 'Defensive' might be more suitable here.

Moves:
- Encore can also prevent set-up sweepers with prediction
- I don't think Toxic is worth mentioning here, the other options seem to be way better to be considering it
- The last sentence feels unnecessary. There aren't any relevant users of Insomnia and getting into anti-synergies with other sleep-move using members on the same team seems too specific to be worth it. I think a better reason to list could be Haze going through subs, but honestly there aren't many benefits and I'm not sure Haze is worth mentioning here either.

Usage Tips:
- The third point is a little redundant with the first two, I think you could incorporate Volt Switch users into the second one.
- It's a little weird to discourage checking Pawniard/Alolan Grimer w/ Wooper altogether as it walls both of them pretty well and I think a situation where you would want to do so could arise decently often. I'd reword it to just say avoid it, rather than always avoid it. Super minor detail but yea

Team Options:
- Neither Corphish or Carvanha care about Water attacks, I'd replace one of them for something like Archen to represent both Water- and Electric-type moves being checked.
- Trubbish is so bad, I'd rather not have it mentioned. Maybe Snubbull instead

Other Options
- Toxic to here, maybe Haze too
- Ice Beam/Ice Punch to hit Grass-types. I think the moves have the exact same rolls on most Grass-types and it just depends on using the same type as your other attacking move so that you don't have to use a Sassy nature

Checks and Counters:
- Replace Cottonee with Snivy, just a more relevant and threatening mon.

Good work as per usual, QC 2/3!

Xayah

San Bwanna
I'm not a huge fan of the set name because Wooper does a bit more than just counter Water-types. It's fine as is, but I think a more general name like 'Defensive' might be more suitable here.

Moves:
- Encore can also prevent set-up sweepers with prediction
- I don't think Toxic is worth mentioning here, the other options seem to be way better to be considering it
- The last sentence feels unnecessary. There aren't any relevant users of Insomnia and getting into anti-synergies with other sleep-move using members on the same team seems too specific to be worth it. I think a better reason to list could be Haze going through subs, but honestly there aren't many benefits and I'm not sure Haze is worth mentioning here either.

Usage Tips:
- The third point is a little redundant with the first two, I think you could incorporate Volt Switch users into the second one.
- It's a little weird to discourage checking Pawniard/Alolan Grimer w/ Wooper altogether as it walls both of them pretty well and I think a situation where you would want to do so could arise decently often. I'd reword it to just say avoid it, rather than always avoid it. Super minor detail but yea

Team Options:
- Neither Corphish or Carvanha care about Water attacks, I'd replace one of them for something like Archen to represent both Water- and Electric-type moves being checked.
- Trubbish is so bad, I'd rather not have it mentioned. Maybe Snubbull instead

Other Options
- Toxic to here, maybe Haze too
- Ice Beam/Ice Punch to hit Grass-types. I think the moves have the exact same rolls on most Grass-types and it just depends on using the same type as your other attacking move so that you don't have to use a Sassy nature

Checks and Counters:
- Replace Cottonee with Snivy, just a more relevant and threatening mon.

Good work as per usual, QC 2/3!
Today marks a happy and historical day. Today is the day Wooper is finally freed from its almost two month long 1 QC check slumber. It has seen sunrise, and then saw it go down again as Vulpix was banished to the depths of LC Ubers. All this time, it has been patiently waiting for its chance to move on. And today, thanks to the help of user OP, the happiest armless thing that has ever lived has woken up.

Thanks for the check, implemented. Decided to move Haze to OO as well. Writing up now.

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]
  • I don't like your use of "best" in the first sentence. To me the term is too general and makes Wooper sound like its a good mon overall. I'd change it to something like "most reliable"

[SET]
ok

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
  • you need to explain why eq is relevant- when you say it hits electrics and steels super effectively, specify that this makes wooper a reliable answer to these pokemon
  • Yawn doesn't directly force Pokemon to switch out- clarify that they switch out or fall asleep

Set Details
========
  • consider mentioning briefly why unaware isnt great here as well as in oo

Usage Tips
========
  • mention chinchou under examples of water types it counters since its the most relevant
  • mention being wary of bloom doom or sunnybeam when switching into pony
  • mention forcing switches with yawn as especially good when hazards are up
  • talk about what to do vs setup sweepers (yawn, encore, switch)

Team Options
========
fine

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
  • explain why finding a place for grass coverage is hard (you give up checking electrics, the utility of burn, or stopping setup)

Checks and Counters
===================
fine

3/3, good as usual

Xayah

San Bwanna
[OVERVIEW]
  • I don't like your use of "best" in the first sentence. To me the term is too general and makes Wooper sound like its a good mon overall. I'd change it to something like "most reliable"

[SET]
ok

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
  • you need to explain why eq is relevant- when you say it hits electrics and steels super effectively, specify that this makes wooper a reliable answer to these pokemon
  • Yawn doesn't directly force Pokemon to switch out- clarify that they switch out or fall asleep

Set Details
========
  • consider mentioning briefly why unaware isnt great here as well as in oo

Usage Tips
========
  • mention chinchou under examples of water types it counters since its the most relevant
  • mention being wary of bloom doom or sunnybeam when switching into pony
  • mention forcing switches with yawn as especially good when hazards are up
  • talk about what to do vs setup sweepers (yawn, encore, switch)

Team Options
========
fine

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
  • explain why finding a place for grass coverage is hard (you give up checking electrics, the utility of burn, or stopping setup)

Checks and Counters
===================
fine

3/3, good as usual

In all seriousness, thanks for the check. Ready for TDP's goons and their army of amcheckers

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
amcheck, implement what you like! (with reply button)
add remove comments
AC = add comma, RC = remove comma, SC = semicolon

GP: /

[OVERVIEW]

Wooper's incredible defensive typing in combination with Water Absorb makes it one of the most reliable counters to some of the common Water- and Electric-types in the tier, such as Staryu, Chinchou, and Magnemite, and access to reliable recovery allows Wooper to consistently wall these threats throughout the game. It also has access to interesting support options, (RC) such as Yawn, Encore, and Haze. However, Wooper's low offensive stats mean that it can often be set(remove space)up bait. Its bulk is also low for a defensive Pokemon, especially on the special side, meaning that powerful wallbreakers such as Life Orb Doduo or Abra (is it life orb abra? if it is, it's fine, but if it's not, move it before doduo) will easily be able to break it. In addition, both of Wooper's STAB moves are resisted by Grass-types, which also threaten it with a 4x super effective STAB move, meaning that it is easily countered by common Pokemon such as Pumpkaboo-XL and Foongus. Its weakness to Grass also means it has to be very careful or of Grass-type coverage on certain Pokemon, (RC) such as Ponyta and Clamperl, (RC) that it would otherwise be able to check.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Scald is Wooper's main STAB move and has a good chance to cripple an opponent's physical attacker like Mienfoo or Doduo with a burn. Recover gives Wooper reliable recovery, thus greatly increasing its longevity. Earthquake is a more powerful, secondary STAB move that hits the Water-types that Wooper checks neutrally. It also hits Electric-types like Chinchou and Magnemite very hard, meaning that Wooper is a reliable answer to them, while also heavily damaging Steel-types like Pawniard. Yawn forces Pokemon that are trying to set up on Wooper to switch out or fall asleep, preventing their sweep. Encore can lock an opponent a foe into a status move, potentially giving one of Wooper's teammates a set(remove space)up opportunity, (RC) while also potentially preventing opponents foes from setting up on Wooper if you predict correctly. However, due to Wooper's low Speed, it will usually move after its foe, meaning that good prediction is required in order to lock foes into the right move.

Set Details
========

The Defense and HP EVs in combination with an Eviolite significantly raise Wooper's physical bulk and hit an Eviolite number. (maybe clarify this for newer users, they wouldn't know what eviolite number means) They also allow Wooper to nearly always avoid the 2HKO from offensive Vullaby's Brave Bird and the OHKO from Shellder's Icicle Spear after a Shell Smash. The Special Defense EVs with a boosting Sassy nature raise Wooper's special bulk a lot and also hit an Eviolite number. (refer to other point) It also notably allows Wooper to nearly always take the rare Hidden Power Grass from Chinchou, (RC) as well as two Psychics from Elekid. Water Absorb is Wooper's best ability, as it (fluff) allows Wooper to completely counter certain Water-types such as Chinchou and Staryu. Even though Unaware may seem appealing in order to check set(remove space)up sweepers, but due to Wooper'(apostrophe)s lackluster bulk, it can't check set(remove space)up sweepers if its Eviolite is removed by Knock Off, (RC) and will never be able to beat strong set(remove space)up sweepers such as Swords Dance Doduo and Bulk Up Rufflet. A Sassy nature is used to raise Wooper's Special Defense and not lower to power of Scald or Earthquake, and Wooper is so slow that the drop in Speed will almost never come into play either. (you already said this, but maybe put this above where you actually talk about the sassy nature already)

Usage Tips
========

Always switch Wooper into Water-types it can counters, like Chinchou, Skrelp, and Mareanie. Aside from stopping them in their tracks, Wooper will be able to get some of its HP back if it's hit by a Water-type move and also use Recover if it needs to on the non-threatening Water-type. Also, (AC) don't be afraid to switch Wooper into other Pokemon it can take on, such as Magnemite or Ponyta, as they will usually be forced to switch out, allowing Wooper to Recover or potentially cripple a switchin with a Scald burn. In addition, Wooper can sap momentum from an opponent by switching into Volt Switch from Pokemon like Magnemite and Chinchou. Be wary of Grass-type coverage on certain threats that Wooper would otherwise be able to wall, such as Elekid's Hidden Power Grass or Ponyta's Bloom Doom or Solar Beam. Wooper relies on its Eviolite to take as many hits as it possibly can, and losing it will significantly cripple it.(RP);(SC) as such, avoid switching into Knock Off users such as Pawniard and Alolan Grimer. Avoid using Scald if the opponent has a Guts user like Timburr, as it will become a significant threat to your team if it gets burned. Yawn can be used on a predicted switch, as it will immediately force the opponent to switch again. This is especially useful if Wooper's team has set up entry hazards, as it will wear down the foe. When Wooper is in against a set(remove space)up sweeper, it should always use its choice of Yawn or Encore, as it can otherwise easily be set up on. Afterwards, it should usually switch out, since it is unable to significantly threaten common set(remove space)up sweepers like Nasty Plot Vullaby, while both Yawn and Encore can potentially give a free turn to an ally.

Team Options
========

Wooper should only be used on slower teams, since it can sap a lot of momentum, and only on teams that absolutely need a check to Water- and Electric-types, since as (you just used since) Wooper is unable to do much else. Pokemon such as Corphish and Archen appreciate Wooper taking on the Water- and Electric-types that check them throughout the game. Pokemon that can take Knock Offs like Snubbull and Mienfoo are appreciated, as Wooper hates losing its Eviolite. Pokemon like such as Foongus, Vullaby, and Ponyta can switch into the Grass-types that Wooper fears. Foongus also appreciates Wooper checking Fire-types, Vullaby appreciates Wooper countering Electric-types, and Ponyta appreciates Wooper taking on Water-types. Since Wooper tends to switch in a lot, entry hazard removers such as Staryu and Vullaby are good teammates. Similarly, entry hazard setters, (RC)such as Ferroseed and Onix, (RC)work well with Wooper, as it forces a lot of switches from opposing Water- and Electric-types. Clerics such as Spritzee and the aforementioned Snubbull can remove statuses such as burn and poison from Wooper, increasing its longevity.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

An Unaware set is an option to wall common set(remove space)up sweepers such as Nasty Plot Vullaby and Bulk Up Timburr, but Wooper can't do much to them other than force them out with Yawn, and if its Eviolite is removed by Knock Off, it is usually unable to continue walling the set(remove space)up sweeper. Waterfall is an option over Scald as a STAB move that comes off of Wooper's higher Attack stat, but the burn chance is very important to cripple physical attackers, and due to Wooper's low Speed, it is unable to utilize Waterfall's flinch chance. Wooper can utilize a Curse set with Waterfall, Earthquake, and Recover, but this is heavily outclassed by other bulky set(remove space)up sweepers such as Timburr and Munchlax, does not boost Wooper's lower Special Defense, and is easily walled by most Grass-types. Toxic is an option over Yawn and or Encore to allow Wooper to potentially stall out its opponent foe, but the damage doesn't ramp up very quickly due to Little Cup's low HP stats, (AC) and the opponent can simply switch out to reset the timer, making it usually inferior. Similarly, Haze is an option to prevent Wooper from being set(remove space)up bait, but it is usually outclassed by Yawn, as the latter also forces a switch, which can rack up entry hazard damage on the opponents' team.(RP);(SC) however, Haze can go through Substitute. Ice Beam and Ice Punch are both options to hit Grass-types, but Wooper struggles to find room for them, as it would have to give up Scald's chance to burn, Earthquake's ability to hit the Electric- and Water-types it checks, Recover's longevity, or the ability to avoid being set(remove space)up bait from Yawn and Encore. They should generally be used over either Earthquake or Scald, but Scald's burn chance and Earthquake's ability to dent the Electric-types Wooper wants to counter are usually preferred.

Checks and Counters
===================
**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Pumpkaboo-XL, Snivy, and Foongus can all take any hit from Wooper and hit back hard with a 4x effective STAB move.

**Wallbreakers**: Powerful attackers such as Life Orb Doduo and Abra will easily be able to break through Wooper's relatively low defenses.

**Knock Off**: If Wooper loses its Eviolite, it becomes quite frail, meaning it will be easily broken through. Pokemon such as Pawniard and Alolan Grimer always carry Knock Off to , (AC) which removes Wooper's Eviolite. (sounds like they're carrying knock off just for wooper; this makes it more clear)

**Status**: Burn and poison both can significantly reduce Wooper's longevity, (RC)and will force it to use Recover more often than it wants to.

btw, setup = adjective, set up = verb :]

Xayah

San Bwanna
amcheck, implement what you like! (with reply button)
add remove comments
AC = add comma, RC = remove comma, SC = semicolon

GP: /

[OVERVIEW]

Wooper's incredible defensive typing in combination with Water Absorb makes it one of the most reliable counters to some of the common Water- and Electric-types in the tier, such as Staryu, Chinchou, and Magnemite, and access to reliable recovery allows Wooper to consistently wall these threats throughout the game. It also has access to interesting support options, (RC) such as Yawn, Encore, and Haze. However, Wooper's low offensive stats mean that it can often be set(remove space)up bait. Its bulk is also low for a defensive Pokemon, especially on the special side, meaning that powerful wallbreakers such as Life Orb Doduo or Abra (is it life orb abra? if it is, it's fine, but if it's not, move it before doduo) will easily be able to break it. In addition, both of Wooper's STAB moves are resisted by Grass-types, which also threaten it with a 4x super effective STAB move, meaning that it is easily countered by common Pokemon such as Pumpkaboo-XL and Foongus. Its weakness to Grass also means it has to be very careful or of Grass-type coverage on certain Pokemon, (RC) such as Ponyta and Clamperl, (RC) that it would otherwise be able to check.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Scald is Wooper's main STAB move and has a good chance to cripple an opponent's physical attacker like Mienfoo or Doduo with a burn. Recover gives Wooper reliable recovery, thus greatly increasing its longevity. Earthquake is a more powerful, secondary STAB move that hits the Water-types that Wooper checks neutrally. It also hits Electric-types like Chinchou and Magnemite very hard, meaning that Wooper is a reliable answer to them, while also heavily damaging Steel-types like Pawniard. Yawn forces Pokemon that are trying to set up on Wooper to switch out or fall asleep, preventing their sweep. Encore can lock an opponent a foe into a status move, potentially giving one of Wooper's teammates a set(remove space)up opportunity, (RC) while also potentially preventing opponents foes from setting up on Wooper if you predict correctly. However, due to Wooper's low Speed, it will usually move after its foe, meaning that good prediction is required in order to lock foes into the right move.

Set Details
========

The Defense and HP EVs in combination with an Eviolite significantly raise Wooper's physical bulk and hit an Eviolite number. (maybe clarify this for newer users, they wouldn't know what eviolite number means) They also allow Wooper to nearly always avoid the 2HKO from offensive Vullaby's Brave Bird and the OHKO from Shellder's Icicle Spear after a Shell Smash. The Special Defense EVs with a boosting Sassy nature raise Wooper's special bulk a lot and also hit an Eviolite number. (refer to other point) It also notably allows Wooper to nearly always take the rare Hidden Power Grass from Chinchou, (RC) as well as two Psychics from Elekid. Water Absorb is Wooper's best ability, as it (fluff) allows Wooper to completely counter certain Water-types such as Chinchou and Staryu. Even though Unaware may seem appealing in order to check set(remove space)up sweepers, but due to Wooper'(apostrophe)s lackluster bulk, it can't check set(remove space)up sweepers if its Eviolite is removed by Knock Off, (RC) and will never be able to beat strong set(remove space)up sweepers such as Swords Dance Doduo and Bulk Up Rufflet. A Sassy nature is used to raise Wooper's Special Defense and not lower to power of Scald or Earthquake, and Wooper is so slow that the drop in Speed will almost never come into play either. (you already said this, but maybe put this above where you actually talk about the sassy nature already)

Usage Tips
========

Always switch Wooper into Water-types it can counters, like Chinchou, Skrelp, and Mareanie. Aside from stopping them in their tracks, Wooper will be able to get some of its HP back if it's hit by a Water-type move and also use Recover if it needs to on the non-threatening Water-type. Also, (AC) don't be afraid to switch Wooper into other Pokemon it can take on, such as Magnemite or Ponyta, as they will usually be forced to switch out, allowing Wooper to Recover or potentially cripple a switchin with a Scald burn. In addition, Wooper can sap momentum from an opponent by switching into Volt Switch from Pokemon like Magnemite and Chinchou. Be wary of Grass-type coverage on certain threats that Wooper would otherwise be able to wall, such as Elekid's Hidden Power Grass or Ponyta's Bloom Doom or Solar Beam. Wooper relies on its Eviolite to take as many hits as it possibly can, and losing it will significantly cripple it.(RP);(SC) as such, avoid switching into Knock Off users such as Pawniard and Alolan Grimer. Avoid using Scald if the opponent has a Guts user like Timburr, as it will become a significant threat to your team if it gets burned. Yawn can be used on a predicted switch, as it will immediately force the opponent to switch again. This is especially useful if Wooper's team has set up entry hazards, as it will wear down the foe. When Wooper is in against a set(remove space)up sweeper, it should always use its choice of Yawn or Encore, as it can otherwise easily be set up on. Afterwards, it should usually switch out, since it is unable to significantly threaten common set(remove space)up sweepers like Nasty Plot Vullaby, while both Yawn and Encore can potentially give a free turn to an ally.

Team Options
========

Wooper should only be used on slower teams, since it can sap a lot of momentum, and only on teams that absolutely need a check to Water- and Electric-types, since as (you just used since) Wooper is unable to do much else. Pokemon such as Corphish and Archen appreciate Wooper taking on the Water- and Electric-types that check them throughout the game. Pokemon that can take Knock Offs like Snubbull and Mienfoo are appreciated, as Wooper hates losing its Eviolite. Pokemon like such as Foongus, Vullaby, and Ponyta can switch into the Grass-types that Wooper fears. Foongus also appreciates Wooper checking Fire-types, Vullaby appreciates Wooper countering Electric-types, and Ponyta appreciates Wooper taking on Water-types. Since Wooper tends to switch in a lot, entry hazard removers such as Staryu and Vullaby are good teammates. Similarly, entry hazard setters, (RC)such as Ferroseed and Onix, (RC)work well with Wooper, as it forces a lot of switches from opposing Water- and Electric-types. Clerics such as Spritzee and the aforementioned Snubbull can remove statuses such as burn and poison from Wooper, increasing its longevity.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

An Unaware set is an option to wall common set(remove space)up sweepers such as Nasty Plot Vullaby and Bulk Up Timburr, but Wooper can't do much to them other than force them out with Yawn, and if its Eviolite is removed by Knock Off, it is usually unable to continue walling the set(remove space)up sweeper. Waterfall is an option over Scald as a STAB move that comes off of Wooper's higher Attack stat, but the burn chance is very important to cripple physical attackers, and due to Wooper's low Speed, it is unable to utilize Waterfall's flinch chance. Wooper can utilize a Curse set with Waterfall, Earthquake, and Recover, but this is heavily outclassed by other bulky set(remove space)up sweepers such as Timburr and Munchlax, does not boost Wooper's lower Special Defense, and is easily walled by most Grass-types. Toxic is an option over Yawn and or Encore to allow Wooper to potentially stall out its opponent foe, but the damage doesn't ramp up very quickly due to Little Cup's low HP stats, (AC) and the opponent can simply switch out to reset the timer, making it usually inferior. Similarly, Haze is an option to prevent Wooper from being set(remove space)up bait, but it is usually outclassed by Yawn, as the latter also forces a switch, which can rack up entry hazard damage on the opponents' team.(RP);(SC) however, Haze can go through Substitute. Ice Beam and Ice Punch are both options to hit Grass-types, but Wooper struggles to find room for them, as it would have to give up Scald's chance to burn, Earthquake's ability to hit the Electric- and Water-types it checks, Recover's longevity, or the ability to avoid being set(remove space)up bait from Yawn and Encore. They should generally be used over either Earthquake or Scald, but Scald's burn chance and Earthquake's ability to dent the Electric-types Wooper wants to counter are usually preferred.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Knock Off**: If Wooper loses its Eviolite, it becomes quite frail, meaning it will be easily broken through. Pokemon such as Pawniard and Alolan Grimer always carry Knock Off to , (AC) which removes Wooper's Eviolite. (sounds like they're carrying knock off just for wooper; this makes it more clear)

**Status**: Burn and poison both can significantly reduce Wooper's longevity, (RC)and will force it to use Recover more often than it wants to.

btw, setup = adjective, set up = verb :]
Thanks for the check, implemented most of it

[OVERVIEW]

Wooper's incredible defensive typing in combination with Water Absorb as well as its access to reliable recovery makes it one of the best most reliable (repetition) counters to some of the common Water- and Electric-types in the tier, such as Staryu, Chinchou, and Magnemite, and access to reliable recovery allows Wooper to consistently wall these threats throughout the game. It also has access to interesting support options such as Yawn, Encore, and Haze. However, Wooper's low offensive stats mean that it can often be setup bait. Its bulk is also low for a defensive Pokemon, especially on the special side, meaning that powerful wallbreakers such as Life Orb Doduo or Abra will easily be able to break it. In addition, both of Wooper's STAB moves are resisted by Grass-types, which also threaten it with a 4x super effective STAB move, meaning that it is easily countered by common Pokemon such as Pumpkaboo-XL and Foongus. Its weakness to Grass also means it has to be very careful of Grass-type coverage on certain Pokemon such as Ponyta and Clamperl that it would otherwise be able to check.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Scald is Wooper's main STAB move and has a good chance to cripple a physical attacker like Mienfoo or Doduo with a burn. Recover gives Wooper reliable recovery, thus greatly increasing its longevity. Earthquake is a more powerful, secondary STAB move that hits the Water-types that Wooper checks neutrally. It also hits Electric-types like Chinchou and Magnemite very hard, meaning that Wooper is a reliable answer to them, while also heavily damaging Steel-types like Pawniard. Yawn forces Pokemon that are trying to set up on Wooper to switch out or fall asleep, preventing their sweep. Encore can lock a foe into a status move, potentially giving one of Wooper's teammates a setup opportunity while also potentially preventing foes from setting up on Wooper if you predict correctly. However, due to Wooper's low Speed, it will usually move after its foe, meaning that good prediction is required in order to lock foes into the right move.

Set Details
========

The Defense and HP EVs in combination with an Eviolite significantly raise Wooper's physical bulk and hit an Eviolite number, thus maximizing its physical bulk. They also allow Wooper to nearly always avoid the 2HKO from offensive Vullaby's Brave Bird and the OHKO from Shellder's Icicle Spear after a Shell Smash. The Special Defense EVs with a boosting nature raise Wooper's special bulk a lot and also hit an Eviolite number, maximizing its special bulk. It also notably allows Wooper to nearly always take the rare Hidden Power Grass from Chinchou as well as two Psychics from Elekid. Water Absorb allows Wooper to completely counter certain Water-types such as Chinchou and Staryu. Unaware may seem appealing in order to check setup sweepers, but due to Wooper's lackluster bulk, it can't check setup sweepers if its Eviolite is removed by Knock Off and will never be able to beat strong setup sweepers such as Swords Dance Doduo and Bulk Up Rufflet. A Sassy nature is used to raise Wooper's Special Defense and not lower the to power of Scald or Earthquake, and Wooper is so slow that the drop in Speed will almost never matter come into play either.

Usage Tips
========

Always switch Wooper into Water-types it counters, like Chinchou, Skrelp, and Mareanie. Aside from stopping them in their tracks, Wooper will be able to get some of its HP back if it's hit by a Water-type move and also use Recover if it needs to. Also, don't be afraid to switch Wooper into other Pokemon it can take on, such as Magnemite or Ponyta, as they will usually be forced to switch out, allowing Wooper to Recover or potentially cripple a switch-in with a Scald burn. In addition, Wooper can sap momentum from an opponent by switching into Volt Switch from Pokemon like Magnemite and Chinchou. Be wary of Grass-type coverage on certain threats that Wooper would otherwise be able to wall, such as Elekid's Hidden Power Grass or Ponyta's Bloom Doom or Solar Beam. Wooper relies on its Eviolite to take as many hits as it possibly can, and losing it will significantly cripple it; as such, avoid switching into Knock Off users such as Pawniard and Alolan Grimer. Avoid using Scald if the opponent has a Guts user like Timburr, as it will become a significant threat to your team if it gets burned. Yawn can be used on a predicted switch, as it will immediately force the opponent to switch again. This is especially useful if Wooper's team has set up entry hazards, as it will wear down the foe. When Wooper is in against a setup sweeper, it should always use its choice of Yawn or Encore, as it can otherwise easily be set up on. Afterwards, it should usually switch out, since it is unable to significantly threaten common setup sweepers like Nasty Plot Vullaby, while both Yawn and Encore can potentially give a free turn to an ally.

Team Options
========

Wooper should only be used on slower teams, (RC) since it can sap a lot of momentum, and even then only on teams that absolutely need a check to Water- and Electric-types, as Wooper is unable to do much else. Pokemon such as Corphish and Archen appreciate Wooper taking on the Water- and Electric-types that check them throughout the game. Pokemon that can take Knock Off like Snubbull and Mienfoo are appreciated, as Wooper hates losing its Eviolite. Pokemon such as Foongus, Vullaby, and Ponyta can switch into the Grass-types that Wooper fears. Foongus also appreciates Wooper checking Fire-types, Vullaby appreciates Wooper countering Electric-types, and Ponyta appreciates Wooper taking on Water-types. Since Wooper tends to switch in a lot, entry hazard removers such as Staryu and Vullaby are good teammates. Similarly, entry hazard setters such as Ferroseed and Onix work well with Wooper, as it forces a lot of switches from opposing Water- and Electric-types. Clerics such as Spritzee and the aforementioned Snubbull can remove status such as burn and poison from Wooper, increasing its longevity.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

An Unaware set is an option to wall common setup sweepers such as Nasty Plot Vullaby and Bulk Up Timburr, but Wooper can't do much to them other than force them out with Yawn, and if its Eviolite is removed by Knock Off, it is usually unable to continue walling the setup sweeper. Waterfall is an option over Scald as a STAB move that comes off of Wooper's higher Attack stat, but the burn chance is very important to cripple physical attackers, and due to Wooper's low Speed, it is unable to utilize Waterfall's flinch chance. Wooper can utilize a Curse set with Waterfall, Earthquake, and Recover, but this is heavily outclassed by other bulky setup sweepers such as Timburr and Munchlax, does not boost Wooper's lower Special Defense, and is easily walled by most Grass-types. Toxic is an option over Yawn or Encore to allow Wooper to potentially stall out its foe, but the damage doesn't ramp up very quickly due to Little Cup's low HP stats, and the opponent can simply switch out to reset the timer, making it an usually inferior choice. Similarly, Haze is an option to prevent Wooper from being setup bait, but it is usually outclassed by Yawn, as the latter also forces a switch, which can rack up entry hazard damage on the opponent's team; however, Haze can bypass go through Substitute. Ice Beam and Ice Punch are both options to hit Grass-types, but Wooper struggles to find room for them, as it would have to give up Scald's chance to burn, Earthquake's ability to hit the Electric- and Water-types it checks, Recover's longevity, or the ability to avoid being setup bait with from Yawn and Encore. They should generally be used over either Earthquake or Scald, but Scald's burn chance and Earthquake's ability to dent the Electric-types Wooper wants to counter are usually preferred.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Knock Off**: If Wooper loses its Eviolite, it becomes quite frail, meaning it will be easily broken through. Pokemon such as Pawniard and Alolan Grimer always carry Knock Off, which removes Wooper's Eviolite.

**Status**: Burn and poison both can significantly reduce Wooper's longevity and will force it to use Recover more often than it wants to.

[OVERVIEW]

Wooper's incredible defensive typing in combination with Water Absorb makes it one of the most reliable counters to some of the common Water- and Electric-types in the tier, such as Staryu, Chinchou, and Magnemite, and access to reliable recovery allows Wooper to consistently wall these threats throughout the game. It also has access to interesting support options such as Yawn, Encore, and Haze. However, Wooper's low offensive stats mean that it can often be setup bait. Its bulk is also low for a defensive Pokemon, especially on the special side, meaning that powerful wallbreakers such as Life Orb Doduo or Abra will easily be able to break it. In addition, both of Wooper's STAB moves are resisted by Grass-types, which also threaten it with a 4x super effective STAB move, meaning that it is easily countered by common Pokemon such as Pumpkaboo-XL and Foongus. Its weakness to Grass also means it has to be very careful of Grass-type coverage on certain Pokemon such as Ponyta and Clamperl that it would otherwise be able to check.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Set Details
========

The Defense and HP EVs in combination with an Eviolite significantly raise Wooper's physical bulk and hit an Eviolite number, thus maximizing its physical bulk. They also allow Wooper to nearly always avoid the 2HKO from offensive Vullaby's Brave Bird and the OHKO from Shellder's Icicle Spear after a Shell Smash. The Special Defense EVs with a boosting nature raise Wooper's special bulk a lot and also hit an Eviolite number, maximizing its special bulk. It also notably allows Wooper to nearly always take the rare Hidden Power Grass from Chinchou as well as two Psychics from Elekid. Water Absorb allows Wooper to completely counter certain Water-types such as Chinchou and Staryu. Unaware may seem appealing in order to check setup sweepers, but due to Wooper's lackluster bulk, it can't check setup sweepers if its Eviolite is removed by Knock Off and will never be able to beat strong setup sweepers such as Swords Dance Doduo and Bulk Up Rufflet. A Sassy nature is used to raise Wooper's Special Defense and not lower to power of Scald or Earthquake, and Wooper is so slow that the drop in Speed will almost never come into play either.

Usage Tips
========

Always switch Wooper into Water-types it counters, like Chinchou, Skrelp, and Mareanie. Aside from stopping them in their tracks, Wooper will be able to get some of its HP back if it's hit by a Water-type move and also use Recover if it needs to. Also, don't be afraid to switch Wooper into other Pokemon it can take on, such as Magnemite or Ponyta, as they will usually be forced to switch out, allowing Wooper to Recover or potentially cripple a switchin with a Scald burn. In addition, Wooper can sap momentum from an opponent by switching into Volt Switch from Pokemon like Magnemite and Chinchou. Be wary of Grass-type coverage on certain threats that Wooper would otherwise be able to wall, such as Elekid's Hidden Power Grass or Ponyta's Bloom Doom or Solar Beam. Wooper relies on its Eviolite to take as many hits as it possibly can, and losing it will significantly cripple it; as such, avoid switching into Knock Off users such as Pawniard and Alolan Grimer. Avoid using Scald if the opponent has a Guts user like Timburr, as it will become a significant threat to your team if it gets burned. Yawn can be used on a predicted switch, as it will immediately force the opponent to switch again. This is especially useful if Wooper's team has set up entry hazards, as it will wear down the foe. When Wooper is in against a setup sweeper, it should always use its choice of Yawn or Encore, as it can otherwise easily be set up on. Afterwards, it should usually switch out, since it is unable to significantly threaten common setup sweepers like Nasty Plot Vullaby, while both Yawn and Encore can potentially give a free turn to an ally.

Team Options
========

Wooper should only be used on slower teams, since it can sap a lot of momentum, and only on teams that absolutely need a check to Water- and Electric-types, as Wooper is unable to do much else. Pokemon such as Corphish and Archen appreciate Wooper taking on the Water- and Electric-types that check them throughout the game. Pokemon that can take Knock Off like Snubbull and Mienfoo are appreciated, as Wooper hates losing its Eviolite. Pokemon such as Foongus, Vullaby, and Ponyta can switch into the Grass-types that Wooper fears. Foongus also appreciates Wooper checking Fire-types, Vullaby appreciates Wooper countering Electric-types, and Ponyta appreciates Wooper taking on Water-types. Since Wooper tends to switch in a lot, entry hazard removers such as Staryu and Vullaby are good teammates. Similarly, entry hazard setters such as Ferroseed and Onix work well with Wooper, as it forces a lot of switches from opposing Water- and Electric-types. Clerics such as Spritzee and the aforementioned Snubbull can remove status such as burn and poison from Wooper, increasing its longevity.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

An Unaware set is an option to wall common setup sweepers such as Nasty Plot Vullaby and Bulk Up Timburr, but Wooper can't do much to them other than force them out with Yawn, and if its Eviolite is removed by Knock Off, it is usually unable to continue walling the setup sweeper. Waterfall is an option over Scald as a STAB move that comes off of Wooper's higher Attack stat, but the burn chance is very important to cripple physical attackers, and due to Wooper's low Speed, it is unable to utilize Waterfall's flinch chance. Wooper can utilize a Curse set with Waterfall, Earthquake, and Recover, but this is heavily outclassed by other bulky setup sweepers such as Timburr and Munchlax, does not boost Wooper's lower Special Defense, and is easily walled by most Grass-types. Toxic is an option over Yawn or Encore to allow Wooper to potentially stall out its foe, but the damage doesn't ramp up very quickly due to Little Cup's low HP stats, and the opponent can simply switch out to reset the timer, making it usually inferior. Similarly, Haze is an option to prevent Wooper from being setup bait, but it is usually outclassed by Yawn, as the latter also forces a switch, which can rack up entry hazard damage on the opponents' team; however, Haze can go through Substitute. Ice Beam and Ice Punch are both options to hit Grass-types, but Wooper struggles to find room for them, as it would have to give up Scald's chance to burn, Earthquake's ability to hit the Electric- and Water-types it checks, Recover's longevity, or the ability to avoid being setup bait from Yawn and Encore. They should generally be used over either Earthquake or Scald, but Scald's burn chance and Earthquake's ability to dent the Electric-types Wooper wants to counter are usually preferred.

Checks and Counters
===================

(Lol you posted it twice)

GP 1/2

Xayah

San Bwanna
[OVERVIEW]

Wooper's incredible defensive typing in combination with Water Absorb as well as its access to reliable recovery makes it one of the best most reliable (repetition) counters to some of the common Water- and Electric-types in the tier, such as Staryu, Chinchou, and Magnemite, and access to reliable recovery allows Wooper to consistently wall these threats throughout the game. It also has access to interesting support options such as Yawn, Encore, and Haze. However, Wooper's low offensive stats mean that it can often be setup bait. Its bulk is also low for a defensive Pokemon, especially on the special side, meaning that powerful wallbreakers such as Life Orb Doduo or Abra will easily be able to break it. In addition, both of Wooper's STAB moves are resisted by Grass-types, which also threaten it with a 4x super effective STAB move, meaning that it is easily countered by common Pokemon such as Pumpkaboo-XL and Foongus. Its weakness to Grass also means it has to be very careful of Grass-type coverage on certain Pokemon such as Ponyta and Clamperl that it would otherwise be able to check.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Set Details
========

The Defense and HP EVs in combination with an Eviolite significantly raise Wooper's physical bulk and hit an Eviolite number, thus maximizing its physical bulk. They also allow Wooper to nearly always avoid the 2HKO from offensive Vullaby's Brave Bird and the OHKO from Shellder's Icicle Spear after a Shell Smash. The Special Defense EVs with a boosting nature raise Wooper's special bulk a lot and also hit an Eviolite number, maximizing its special bulk. It also notably allows Wooper to nearly always take the rare Hidden Power Grass from Chinchou as well as two Psychics from Elekid. Water Absorb allows Wooper to completely counter certain Water-types such as Chinchou and Staryu. Unaware may seem appealing in order to check setup sweepers, but due to Wooper's lackluster bulk, it can't check setup sweepers if its Eviolite is removed by Knock Off and will never be able to beat strong setup sweepers such as Swords Dance Doduo and Bulk Up Rufflet. A Sassy nature is used to raise Wooper's Special Defense and not lower the to power of Scald or Earthquake, and Wooper is so slow that the drop in Speed will almost never matter come into play either.

Usage Tips
========

Team Options
========

Wooper should only be used on slower teams, (RC) since it can sap a lot of momentum, and even then only on teams that absolutely need a check to Water- and Electric-types, as Wooper is unable to do much else. Pokemon such as Corphish and Archen appreciate Wooper taking on the Water- and Electric-types that check them throughout the game. Pokemon that can take Knock Off like Snubbull and Mienfoo are appreciated, as Wooper hates losing its Eviolite. Pokemon such as Foongus, Vullaby, and Ponyta can switch into the Grass-types that Wooper fears. Foongus also appreciates Wooper checking Fire-types, Vullaby appreciates Wooper countering Electric-types, and Ponyta appreciates Wooper taking on Water-types. Since Wooper tends to switch in a lot, entry hazard removers such as Staryu and Vullaby are good teammates. Similarly, entry hazard setters such as Ferroseed and Onix work well with Wooper, as it forces a lot of switches from opposing Water- and Electric-types. Clerics such as Spritzee and the aforementioned Snubbull can remove status such as burn and poison from Wooper, increasing its longevity.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

An Unaware set is an option to wall common setup sweepers such as Nasty Plot Vullaby and Bulk Up Timburr, but Wooper can't do much to them other than force them out with Yawn, and if its Eviolite is removed by Knock Off, it is usually unable to continue walling the setup sweeper. Waterfall is an option over Scald as a STAB move that comes off of Wooper's higher Attack stat, but the burn chance is very important to cripple physical attackers, and due to Wooper's low Speed, it is unable to utilize Waterfall's flinch chance. Wooper can utilize a Curse set with Waterfall, Earthquake, and Recover, but this is heavily outclassed by other bulky setup sweepers such as Timburr and Munchlax, does not boost Wooper's lower Special Defense, and is easily walled by most Grass-types. Toxic is an option over Yawn or Encore to allow Wooper to potentially stall out its foe, but the damage doesn't ramp up very quickly due to Little Cup's low HP stats, and the opponent can simply switch out to reset the timer, making it an usually inferior choice. Similarly, Haze is an option to prevent Wooper from being setup bait, but it is usually outclassed by Yawn, as the latter also forces a switch, which can rack up entry hazard damage on the opponent's team; however, Haze can bypass go through Substitute. Ice Beam and Ice Punch are both options to hit Grass-types, but Wooper struggles to find room for them, as it would have to give up Scald's chance to burn, Earthquake's ability to hit the Electric- and Water-types it checks, Recover's longevity, or the ability to avoid being setup bait with from Yawn and Encore. They should generally be used over either Earthquake or Scald, but Scald's burn chance and Earthquake's ability to dent the Electric-types Wooper wants to counter are usually preferred.

Checks and Counters
===================

[OVERVIEW]

Wooper's incredible defensive typing in combination with Water Absorb makes it one of the most reliable counters to some of the common Water- and Electric-types in the tier, such as Staryu, Chinchou, and Magnemite, and access to reliable recovery allows Wooper to consistently wall these threats throughout the game. It also has access to interesting support options such as Yawn, Encore, and Haze. However, Wooper's low offensive stats mean that it can often be setup bait. Its bulk is also low for a defensive Pokemon, especially on the special side, meaning that powerful wallbreakers such as Life Orb Doduo or Abra will easily be able to break it. In addition, both of Wooper's STAB moves are resisted by Grass-types, which also threaten it with a 4x super effective STAB move, meaning that it is easily countered by common Pokemon such as Pumpkaboo-XL and Foongus. Its weakness to Grass also means it has to be very careful of Grass-type coverage on certain Pokemon such as Ponyta and Clamperl that it would otherwise be able to check.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Set Details
========

The Defense and HP EVs in combination with an Eviolite significantly raise Wooper's physical bulk and hit an Eviolite number, thus maximizing its physical bulk. They also allow Wooper to nearly always avoid the 2HKO from offensive Vullaby's Brave Bird and the OHKO from Shellder's Icicle Spear after a Shell Smash. The Special Defense EVs with a boosting nature raise Wooper's special bulk a lot and also hit an Eviolite number, maximizing its special bulk. It also notably allows Wooper to nearly always take the rare Hidden Power Grass from Chinchou as well as two Psychics from Elekid. Water Absorb allows Wooper to completely counter certain Water-types such as Chinchou and Staryu. Unaware may seem appealing in order to check setup sweepers, but due to Wooper's lackluster bulk, it can't check setup sweepers if its Eviolite is removed by Knock Off and will never be able to beat strong setup sweepers such as Swords Dance Doduo and Bulk Up Rufflet. A Sassy nature is used to raise Wooper's Special Defense and not lower to power of Scald or Earthquake, and Wooper is so slow that the drop in Speed will almost never come into play either.

Usage Tips
========

Always switch Wooper into Water-types it counters, like Chinchou, Skrelp, and Mareanie. Aside from stopping them in their tracks, Wooper will be able to get some of its HP back if it's hit by a Water-type move and also use Recover if it needs to. Also, don't be afraid to switch Wooper into other Pokemon it can take on, such as Magnemite or Ponyta, as they will usually be forced to switch out, allowing Wooper to Recover or potentially cripple a switchin with a Scald burn. In addition, Wooper can sap momentum from an opponent by switching into Volt Switch from Pokemon like Magnemite and Chinchou. Be wary of Grass-type coverage on certain threats that Wooper would otherwise be able to wall, such as Elekid's Hidden Power Grass or Ponyta's Bloom Doom or Solar Beam. Wooper relies on its Eviolite to take as many hits as it possibly can, and losing it will significantly cripple it; as such, avoid switching into Knock Off users such as Pawniard and Alolan Grimer. Avoid using Scald if the opponent has a Guts user like Timburr, as it will become a significant threat to your team if it gets burned. Yawn can be used on a predicted switch, as it will immediately force the opponent to switch again. This is especially useful if Wooper's team has set up entry hazards, as it will wear down the foe. When Wooper is in against a setup sweeper, it should always use its choice of Yawn or Encore, as it can otherwise easily be set up on. Afterwards, it should usually switch out, since it is unable to significantly threaten common setup sweepers like Nasty Plot Vullaby, while both Yawn and Encore can potentially give a free turn to an ally.

Team Options
========

Wooper should only be used on slower teams, since it can sap a lot of momentum, and only on teams that absolutely need a check to Water- and Electric-types, as Wooper is unable to do much else. Pokemon such as Corphish and Archen appreciate Wooper taking on the Water- and Electric-types that check them throughout the game. Pokemon that can take Knock Off like Snubbull and Mienfoo are appreciated, as Wooper hates losing its Eviolite. Pokemon such as Foongus, Vullaby, and Ponyta can switch into the Grass-types that Wooper fears. Foongus also appreciates Wooper checking Fire-types, Vullaby appreciates Wooper countering Electric-types, and Ponyta appreciates Wooper taking on Water-types. Since Wooper tends to switch in a lot, entry hazard removers such as Staryu and Vullaby are good teammates. Similarly, entry hazard setters such as Ferroseed and Onix work well with Wooper, as it forces a lot of switches from opposing Water- and Electric-types. Clerics such as Spritzee and the aforementioned Snubbull can remove status such as burn and poison from Wooper, increasing its longevity.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

An Unaware set is an option to wall common setup sweepers such as Nasty Plot Vullaby and Bulk Up Timburr, but Wooper can't do much to them other than force them out with Yawn, and if its Eviolite is removed by Knock Off, it is usually unable to continue walling the setup sweeper. Waterfall is an option over Scald as a STAB move that comes off of Wooper's higher Attack stat, but the burn chance is very important to cripple physical attackers, and due to Wooper's low Speed, it is unable to utilize Waterfall's flinch chance. Wooper can utilize a Curse set with Waterfall, Earthquake, and Recover, but this is heavily outclassed by other bulky setup sweepers such as Timburr and Munchlax, does not boost Wooper's lower Special Defense, and is easily walled by most Grass-types. Toxic is an option over Yawn or Encore to allow Wooper to potentially stall out its foe, but the damage doesn't ramp up very quickly due to Little Cup's low HP stats, and the opponent can simply switch out to reset the timer, making it usually inferior. Similarly, Haze is an option to prevent Wooper from being setup bait, but it is usually outclassed by Yawn, as the latter also forces a switch, which can rack up entry hazard damage on the opponents' team; however, Haze can go through Substitute. Ice Beam and Ice Punch are both options to hit Grass-types, but Wooper struggles to find room for them, as it would have to give up Scald's chance to burn, Earthquake's ability to hit the Electric- and Water-types it checks, Recover's longevity, or the ability to avoid being setup bait from Yawn and Encore. They should generally be used over either Earthquake or Scald, but Scald's burn chance and Earthquake's ability to dent the Electric-types Wooper wants to counter are usually preferred.

Checks and Counters
===================

(Lol you posted it twice)

GP 1/2
Thanks for the check, implemented. Ready for 2/2

Fireflame

Silksong when
is a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Remove Add Comments (AC)= add comma (RC)= remove comma (AH)= add hyphen (RH)= remove hyphen
[OVERVIEW]

Wooper's incredible defensive typing in combination with Water Absorb as well as its access to reliable recovery makes it one of the most consistent counters to some of the common Water- and Electric-types in the tier, such as Staryu, Chinchou, and Magnemite, and allows Wooper to consistently wall these threats throughout the game. It also has access to interesting support options such as Yawn, Encore, and Haze. However, Wooper's low offensive stats mean that it can often be setup bait. Its bulk is also low for a defensive Pokemon, especially on the special side, meaning that powerful wallbreakers such as Life Orb Doduo or and Abra will easily be able to break it. In addition, both of Wooper's STAB moves are resisted by Grass-types, which also threaten it with a 4x super effective STAB move, meaning that it is easily countered by common Pokemon such as Pumpkaboo-XL and Foongus. Its weakness to Grass also means it has to be very careful of Grass-type coverage on certain Pokemon such as Ponyta and Clamperl that it would otherwise be able to check.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Set Details
========

The Defense and HP EVs in combination with an Eviolite significantly raise Wooper's physical bulk and hit an Eviolite number, thus maximizing its physical bulk. They also allow Wooper to nearly always avoid the 2HKO from offensive Vullaby's Brave Bird and the OHKO from Shellder's Icicle Spear after a Shell Smash. The Special Defense EVs with a boosting nature raise Wooper's special bulk a lot and also hit an Eviolite number, maximizing its special bulk. It also notably allows Wooper to nearly always take the rare Hidden Power Grass from Chinchou as well as two Psychics from Elekid. Water Absorb allows Wooper to completely counter certain Water-types such as Chinchou and Staryu. Unaware may seem appealing in order to check setup sweepers, but due to Wooper's lackluster bulk, it can't check setup sweepers if its Eviolite is removed by Knock Off and will never be able to beat strong setup sweepers such as Swords Dance Doduo and Bulk Up Rufflet. A Sassy nature is used to raise Wooper's Special Defense and not lower the power of Scald or Earthquake, and Wooper is so slow that the drop in Speed will almost never matter.

Usage Tips
========

Team Options
========

Wooper should only be used on slower teams,(AC) since it can sap a lot of momentum, and even then only on teams that absolutely need a check to Water- and Electric-types, as Wooper is unable to do much else. Pokemon such as Corphish and Archen appreciate Wooper taking on the Water- and Electric-types that check them throughout the game. Pokemon that can take Knock Off like Snubbull and Mienfoo are appreciated, as Wooper hates losing its Eviolite. Pokemon such as Foongus, Vullaby, and Ponyta can switch into the Grass-types that Wooper fears. Foongus also appreciates Wooper checking Fire-types, Vullaby appreciates Wooper countering Electric-types, and Ponyta appreciates Wooper taking on Water-types. Since Wooper tends to switch in a lot, entry hazard removers such as Staryu and Vullaby are good teammates. Similarly, entry hazard setters such as Ferroseed and Onix work well with Wooper, as it forces a lot of switches from opposing Water- and Electric-types. Clerics such as Spritzee and the aforementioned Snubbull can remove status such as burn and poison from Wooper, increasing its longevity.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

An Unaware set is an option to wall common setup sweepers such as Nasty Plot Vullaby and Bulk Up Timburr, but Wooper can't do much to them other than force them out with Yawn, and if its Eviolite is removed by Knock Off, it is usually unable to continue walling the setup sweeper. Waterfall is an option over Scald as a STAB move that comes off of Wooper's higher Attack stat, but the burn chance from Scald is very important to cripple physical attackers, and due to Wooper's low Speed, it is unable to utilize Waterfall's flinch chance. Wooper can utilize a Curse set with Waterfall, Earthquake, and Recover, but this is heavily outclassed by other bulky setup sweepers such as Timburr and Munchlax, does not boost Wooper's lower Special Defense, and is easily walled by most Grass-types. Toxic is an option over Yawn or Encore to allow Wooper to potentially stall out its foe, but the damage doesn't ramp up very quickly due to Little Cup's low HP stats, and the opponent can simply switch out to reset the timer, making it an inferior choice. Similarly, Haze is an option to prevent Wooper from being setup bait, but it is usually outclassed by Yawn, as the latter also forces a switch, which can rack up entry hazard damage on the opponent's team; however, Haze can bypass Substitute. Ice Beam and Ice Punch are both options to hit Grass-types, but Wooper struggles to find room for them, as it would have to give up Scald's chance to burn, Earthquake's ability to hit the Electric- and Water-types it checks, Recover's longevity, or the ability to avoid being setup bait with Yawn and Encore. They should generally be used over either Earthquake or Scald, but Scald's burn chance and Earthquake's ability to dent the Electric-types Wooper wants to counter are usually preferred.

Checks and Counters
===================

GP 2/2

Amazing job!

Xayah

San Bwanna
Remove Add Comments (AC)= add comma (RC)= remove comma (AH)= add hyphen (RH)= remove hyphen
[OVERVIEW]

Wooper's incredible defensive typing in combination with Water Absorb as well as its access to reliable recovery makes it one of the most consistent counters to some of the common Water- and Electric-types in the tier, such as Staryu, Chinchou, and Magnemite, and allows Wooper to consistently wall these threats throughout the game. It also has access to interesting support options such as Yawn, Encore, and Haze. However, Wooper's low offensive stats mean that it can often be setup bait. Its bulk is also low for a defensive Pokemon, especially on the special side, meaning that powerful wallbreakers such as Life Orb Doduo or and Abra will easily be able to break it. In addition, both of Wooper's STAB moves are resisted by Grass-types, which also threaten it with a 4x super effective STAB move, meaning that it is easily countered by common Pokemon such as Pumpkaboo-XL and Foongus. Its weakness to Grass also means it has to be very careful of Grass-type coverage on certain Pokemon such as Ponyta and Clamperl that it would otherwise be able to check.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Set Details
========

Usage Tips
========

Team Options
========

Wooper should only be used on slower teams,(AC) since it can sap a lot of momentum, and even then only on teams that absolutely need a check to Water- and Electric-types, as Wooper is unable to do much else. Pokemon such as Corphish and Archen appreciate Wooper taking on the Water- and Electric-types that check them throughout the game. Pokemon that can take Knock Off like Snubbull and Mienfoo are appreciated, as Wooper hates losing its Eviolite. Pokemon such as Foongus, Vullaby, and Ponyta can switch into the Grass-types that Wooper fears. Foongus also appreciates Wooper checking Fire-types, Vullaby appreciates Wooper countering Electric-types, and Ponyta appreciates Wooper taking on Water-types. Since Wooper tends to switch in a lot, entry hazard removers such as Staryu and Vullaby are good teammates. Similarly, entry hazard setters such as Ferroseed and Onix work well with Wooper, as it forces a lot of switches from opposing Water- and Electric-types. Clerics such as Spritzee and the aforementioned Snubbull can remove status such as burn and poison from Wooper, increasing its longevity.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Checks and Counters
===================

GP 2/2

Amazing job!
Thanks for the check, implemented.

I was starting to doubt if I'd ever say this, but Wooper is done!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)