Wooper used ice butt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dugtrio gets Aerial Ace and that pretty much defies all logic, considering no one knows what its body looks like.
Aerial Ace doesn't directly relate to flight or the air in general as far as I can tell. The weird part is Dugtrio learning Slash. Once again the Japanese name of the attack could cause confusion (like Sucker Punch) but the in-game description of Slash identifies using claws or blades so it's ONE OF NATURE'S MYSTERIES

Aerial Ace doesn't directly relate to flight or the air in general as far as I can tell. The weird part is Dugtrio learning Slash. Once again the Japanese name of the attack could cause confusion (like Sucker Punch) but the in-game description of Slash identifies using claws or blades so it's ONE OF NATURE'S MYSTERIES
Also, Slash's Japanese name is Tear Into Pieces. How does Dugtrio do that again? >.> Trollfreak. Just >.>

Im not sure if this belongs here but im REALLY mad at gyrados being flying and not dragon. I mean, look at it, being all big and learning all them dragon moves.
Also, lot of pokes seems to summon toxic out of nowhere. How blissey, the happinness pokemon, can make a pokemon get deeply poisoned?
http://www.rarecandytreatment.com/comics/1387224/the-more-you-know/#cpage

As for some of the other things, some of them are just technical things (Gastly gets the elemental punches because its evolution does and it's probably easier on everyone to not limit it until it evolves), others are translation issues (Roost and Sucker Punch for example).

As for some of the odder ones like Raticate using Ice Beam, I just wave it off as normal types having deep hidden magical powers of a sort. Like Normal is the base from which all types emerge, so normal types have bits and pieces of the characteristics of all the other types.

Protect I always imagined the Pokemon just doing some sort of defensive action that allows them to dodge or block the attack, rather than a psychic barrier of some sort.

No, what really gets me are things like Diglet and Dugtrio getting Slash and Scratch.

What the flying fuck? HOW DOES THAT WORK!?!??!

Ah, Gamefreak shennanigans...

NOMINEES
Gastly w/ Elemental Punches
Pikachu w/ Fly and Surf
Dugtrio w/ Cut, Slash, Sucker Punch, and Aerial Ace
Nidoking w/ Fire Blast, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt

IMO, why does Gyrados gets Bounce? I just don't know how it flys/jumps... XD

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
iirc in the anime Gyarados is capable of flying (or at least, has been shown flying).

Ah, Gamefreak shennanigans...

NOMINEES
Gastly w/ Elemental Punches
Pikachu w/ Fly and Surf
Dugtrio w/ Cut, Slash, Sucker Punch, and Aerial Ace
Nidoking w/ Fire Blast, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt

IMO, why does Gyrados gets Bounce? I just don't know how it flys/jumps... XD
Those moves on Pikachu were for special events...so they were probably supposed to be silly and logic-defying.

As for the Nidoking thing, as far as I know GF likes to give most big, intimidating-looking monster Pokemon attacks that they can shoot out their mouth (Fire Blast and Ice Beam). The Thunderbolt part's a mystery, though. Hey, at least those move help make one of my favorite mons viable (aside from Sheer Force) =D

What I don't get about GameFreak is just one simple thing:

Snorlax gets Selfdestruct. Like seriously, can you imagine tiny bits of Snorlax just flying around everywhere? I can't.
Explosion Lickilicky.

If we're on the topic of Gamefreak being generally weird with Digglet, how in the hell does it mate with Wailord? That's much more stupid than Skitty-on-Wailord action.
EDIT: 200th post. So proud.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Im not sure if this belongs here but im REALLY mad at gyrados being flying and not dragon. I mean, look at it, being all big and learning all them dragon moves.
Also, lot of pokes seems to summon toxic out of nowhere. How blissey, the happinness pokemon, can make a pokemon get deeply poisoned?
I thought Gyarados should be Water/Dragon too, but I can't help but think that Game Freak made it Water/Flying more for gameplay reasons rather than story reasons.

I dunno if a Water/Dragon Gyarados would be overpowered or not nowadays, but back in Red and Blue, it would have no weaknesses. Water/Dragon's only weakness is Dragon, and the only Dragon move back then was Dragon Rage...so yeah

I just had a thought on the whole Diglett using slash and crew thing. I recall the show stating that Diglett can pull its head underground at the speed of light (the fuq?). So who's to say it can't do that when attacking? It could pop up high enough to reveal any claw it may have down there, slash the opponent, and then go back to its normal position so quickly that you can't even see it happen.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Something I've had trouble getting my head around is some moves themselves, like amnesia. How do you make yourself forget things on purpose? And then all it does is lower speed in terms of negative! I mean, I understand how some pokemon do some attacks, but then some of the effects they have just seems... wrong. One thing though, surf just seems thrown around. I mean, there are some pokemon that I can imagine using it, but the pokemon I can't are:
Sentret
Furret
Lickitung
Dratini
Dragonair
Dragonite
OMFG WHY THE HELL DOES SNEASEL LEARN IT!?!?!?!?!?
Miltank
Zigzagoon
Linoone
Azurill
Lati@s
Garchomp
Munchlax
OMG! I was hoping sneasel was a glitch, but Weavile can too! XD
Herdier
Audino
Druddigon
Hydreigon

The pokemon like tyranitar and rhydon I'm ok with because surf is like a tsunami which the pokemon rides, tsunamis are made from earthquakes, and if something as heavy as a tyranitar landed right next to a tectonic plate then at least a small earthquake is pretty likely. Especially for snorlax and lickylicky.

Also, glad to see this thread is a success!

pretty sure dratini/dragonair/dragonite can swim, and the former two can walk on water in PMD so it's not a far stretch. azurill makes sense too since it evolves into marill, latis can hax for water, but stuff like lickitung... uh...

then we also get the baffling ones like focus punch shroomish

This thing can learn Mega Kick.

I know Dusclops has feet but it pretty much shows that they didn't really plan this one out too much.

I don't get this thing's entire movepool to be honest.

EDIT:

Primeape can learn Iron Tail, but that is only half the problem. In Pokepark or whatever it was called, Primeape is the tutor for Pikachu's Iron Tail, and he legitamately says that "he mastered the move without even having a tail" or something like that. Active trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)