Wooper used ice butt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't you see how it flies in the Reshiram/Zekrom movie? makes total sense.

I don't get why people are saying stuff like normal types using fire blast makes no sense. Obviously they can breathe fire. And linoone using surf is cuz it can clearly swim.

Snorlax using self destruct goes against the laws of physics tho.

The first Pokemon Mystery Dungeon has a Diglett mention he has feet (to everyone's surprise) so I guess he has claws to use Slash too.

Also Shroomish learning Wake-up Slap, Drain Punch, and Focus Punch, yeah yeah it's because of Breloom but still.

Didn't you see how it flies in the Reshiram/Zekrom movie? makes total sense.

I don't get why people are saying stuff like normal types using fire blast makes no sense. Obviously they can breathe fire. And linoone using surf is cuz it can clearly swim.

Snorlax using self destruct goes against the laws of physics tho.
I really hope most Pokemon can swim. I don't think that makes Linoone a candidate for Surf, aka a literal tidal wave.

How about Psybeam Seaking? Gotta admit, it's kinda weird.

I think Seaking gets Psybeam for the same reason it gets Signal Beam

which is...um...why do the Pokemon that get Signal Beam get Signal Beam

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
For some reason I find Pokemon like Dunsparse learning Solarbeam, Blizzard, Hex, Shadow Ball, Incinerate, and Thunderbolt to be especially strange. How can it gather light for Solarbeam anyway?

@The Cicada

Your argument is kind of invalid since you could theoretically explain away ANY move choice with "use your imagination". It makes the whole thread moot as if we accepted it as a reason for a move/pokemon combination to not be posted, we'd have NOTHING to post.

Anyway...

Personally with normal types like Dunsparce with wide movepools, I tend to think of normal types as having some degree of the potential for all types, as a sort of base type, and with the proper stimulation they can bring forth this hidden potential in the form of moves from other types. That explains a LOT of odd move choices for normal types, and is supported by stuff like Eevee.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
For some reason I find Pokemon like Dunsparse learning Solarbeam, Blizzard, Hex, Shadow Ball, Incinerate, and Thunderbolt to be especially strange. How can it gather light for Solarbeam anyway?
To be fair, a lot of random stuff gets Solar Beam/Thunderbolt and the like... Rapidash gets Solar Beam :/

To be fair, a lot of random stuff gets Solar Beam/Thunderbolt and the like... Rapidash gets Solar Beam :/
Fire type using solar beam makes sense, don't it? They get their moves boosted by the sun, whos to say they cant call upon the sun for a powerful beam?

And then we have Groudon and Solrock getting Solarbeam by level.

It does fit since both are related to the sun :/

Anyway uh, how does Flamethrower Slowbro even work ._. The first time I saw it being done i nearly flipped my table >____<

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Is every post by user TheCicada as useless as the ones in this thread?

My personal favorite move discontinuity has got to be horn drill mew. Some things mew learns are bad, but that one is just really bad

Is every post by user TheCicada as useless as the ones in this thread?

My personal favorite move discontinuity has got to be horn drill mew. Some things mew learns are bad, but that one is just really bad
No need to get mad about me making sense out of pokemon using cool moves.

Exploding mew is silly.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The elemental attacks tend to be uninteresting really, since they are not at all consistent with the type of the user, and pretty much any design could "focus elemental energy" and shoot it...

I think the more interesting moves of this thread have more to do with the physical ones that seem physically impossible--

like Rare Candy's 15 lbs Foretress with no arms or legs using Earthquake.

I mean, if we want to get picky... I have no idea how Escavalier gets Pursuit. I mean, how does a Pokemon with no arms or legs, no levitation, no propulsion of any sort, and covered by heavy metal armor, "Pursue" anything?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Chou Toshio, it was a Pineco! XD

Anyway, is it just me or is The Cicada being a negative nelly here? I mean, if sarcasm is the lowest form of wit then what is this? "by blowing fire."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)