Wooper used ice butt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Cressilia kinda makes sense because the moons light is really just the suns light reflected off the pale surface of the moon. Xatu is said to stare into the sun to tell the future, so maybe can absorb the suns rays? Togekiss is a normal type. Psychic types in general I can kinda get, psychic powers let you do a lot of cool shit. Dragons are in a similar boat. Everything else... just no.

How about infernape wit Poison Jab/Gunk Shot? How the hell the does work?

Alright, here's something that isn't DIRECTLY related but... Explain how you Seismic Toss a Diglet/Dugtrio AND WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT'S UNDER THERE.

ZoroDark

esse quam videri
is a Tiering Contributor
Pursuit tends to be incredible trolly, I mean Tyranitar pursu(it)ing a Lati tends to be incredibly successful in competitive battling, while these are both know to be incredibly fast. I wonder how Ttar cheats ...

Pursuit tends to be incredible trolly, I mean Tyranitar pursu(it)ing a Lati tends to be incredibly successful in competitive battling, while these are both know to be incredibly fast. I wonder how Ttar cheats ...
The way I see it is that the red light that comes from the Pokeball slows down or stops when it reaches the monster that's being returned. Since said monster is completely defenceless, the user of Pursuit deals a heavier blow to it before the light fully returns it to the ball.

I guess maybe Delibird uses rapid spin by doing an ice skating spin maybe? Like maybe it can freeze the ground under it's feet and use it to figure skate!

Wow I'm really stretching there.

But as for Cryogonal and Gigalith learning it, I can rationalize that as them storing the solar energy in their crystalline structures. Fire types getting it is much like water types getting ice beam, when you really think about it, it doesn't make sense but it's basically standard. As for Mawile, Aggron, Nincada, Gulpin, and Altaria... I'm at a loss. I guess I can rationalize Aggron and Altaria as being dragon-like things so shit, why not give them super powered sun lasers for rule of cool reasons, but the others? I just... no.

Looked up some other Solar Beam users too... Venonat and Venomoth, A crapload of normal types (those can be explained weakly using my "normal is the base type so they can learn stuff from all types" explanation), Ledyba and Ledian, Spinarak and Ariados, Natu and Xatu, Yanma and Yanmega, Beautifly and Dustox, Surskit and Masquerian, Trapinch familty, Lati@s, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Wormadam and Mothim,Togekiss, Uxie (but not Mesprit and Azelf, oh no that would be silly), Cresselia, Venipede family, Dewbble family, Sigilyph, GARBADOR and GOLURK!!?!??!?.

Ok, it seriously looks like Gamefreak just hands out Solarbeam to whatever the fuck they feel like giving it to.
Sounds like alot of bugs get it. Maybe they can fly up close enough to the sun to absorb its energy or something silly? but then again, not all bugs can fly

True, but it's still a snowflake. The thing is most likely going to melt on contact, and they give it a slashing move not by some understandable reason, but by level up. I don't know, it's just strange.

True, but it's still a snowflake. The thing is most likely going to melt on contact, and they give it a slashing move not by some understandable reason, but by level up. I don't know, it's just strange.
It's a sharp snowflake, though. Look at its edges.

It's why it gets Sharpen, Slash, and (probably) Rapid Spin. Even if something is frail, it can still be sharp and cut you. See: Paper

It's a sharp snowflake, though. Look at its edges.

It's why it gets Sharpen, Slash, and (probably) Rapid Spin. Even if something is frail, it can still be sharp and cut you. See: Paper
Plus ice can actually cut you if it's sharp enough on the edges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)