Wooper used ice butt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Didn't go through all that, but I'm quickly leaving some of my favourite pokemon hyperboles..

Flying Doduo
Where are the fucking wings you ask?

Surfing Tauros
Bitches be wonderin' I be surfin'

LOL

Now these next ones aren't complains about learnsets but they fucking defy logic anyways. I mean wtf trollfreak.

The last one is really more for the LOLs rather than to press a point.

How can Darmanitan get Belly Drum if it's only a face with limbs? Unless punching itself in the face somehow maximizes its attack.

Ok here's one. Spoink getting rest.
At first, you see nothing in that, as every pokemon gets rest. The problem? Rest requires you to stop moving and relax. If spoink does that, it DIES. at least give it insomnia to fit it's pokedex description.

Why can't you fly on a scyther? Yet you can fly on a pidove/pidgey etc etc
Ermahgerd.
Flying denotes that the Pokemon using the technique is flying at a high altitude to transport its trainer from one location to another to save time walking/running/biking back to a familiar town. Flying bugs in real life do not typically fly long distances at the implied altitude that you reach when Flying in the games, so every Bug/Flying types inability to learn Fly is a replication of real life limits.
Also, in Scyther's case, several of his Pokedex entries state that he doesn't use his wings for hovering even, unless it's absolutely necessary. Scyther isn't adept at flying on his own to begin with, so even without the implied replication of real life, the lore around Scyther alone should make it obvious that you can't mount him high up in the air.
Does everybody understand this?

...why can't Counter Shield exist? It's kind of an amazing move, and even Oshawott, while not using Counter Shield exactly, seems to be using a variation of sorts. It would be awesome to have an attack that almost any Pokémon could use, similar to Protect, that also powers up the next move or something.
I think that kind of mechanic could exist in a spinoff game, like the next Pokepark, or a new Pokemon game that uses live battles instead of turn-based battles. Certain techniques could be used as a defense to guard against/deflect an opponents attack, if you use it while hitting another button, or something of the sort.

But Yanmega should be able to learn fly, it is even said in his pokedex entry
Most Bug/Flying Pokemon have a dex entry mentioning the Pokemon's flying prowess, which is quite ironic. Mothim's dex entry says that it flies over mountains. Another slap in the face to point out involving Bug/Flying types inability to Fly is that in Gen V, no new Bug/Flying types were released, but a Bug/Fire and a Bug/Steel were revealed, both of which could use Fly.
Your Yanmega's eternally screwed, I'm sorry to say.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
How does Gyarados learn Bounce (lol imagine giant water dragon bouncing) and not learn Fly? Honestly neither make sense. It really shouldn't have flying type, it's a Dragon type through and through.

How does Gyarados learn Bounce (lol imagine giant water dragon bouncing) and not learn Fly? Honestly neither make sense. It really shouldn't have flying type, it's a Dragon type through and through.
The same could be said for Charizard :-|

I mean to say that if Gyarados should be a dragon, why not Charizard? They're both certainly draconic. While we're at it, let's make Tyranitar a Grass type, because he's green.
being green isn't really a justification for that because vileplume should be water because blue, right?
(i know you're kidding, just saying)

they both make sense, but charizard also makes a lot of sense as a flying type. gyarados does if you look into it a bit more (carp jumping/flying over the magical gate), but from an onlooker's perspective, it doesn't make as much sense.

being green isn't really a justification for that because vileplume should be water because blue, right?
(i know you're kidding, just saying)

they both make sense, but charizard also makes a lot of sense as a flying type. gyarados does if you look into it a bit more (carp jumping/flying over the magical gate), but from an onlooker's perspective, it doesn't make as much sense.
That's exactly my point. In the world of Pokemon, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and talks like a duck, It's probably a firebreathing demon with spikes growing out of its back

Yeah, some Pokemon are a little nonsensical. I'm kind of upset that Beedrill, as a winged bug, doesn't have a resistance to Ground attacks like most of the others. It doesn't mean I think he should be a Flying type just for that.

To be fair, Gyarados was originally going to be Water/Dragon but GF thought it would had been too broken they decided to nerf it before it was released.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Fan made doesn't mean a damn thing. To the best of my knowledge, Gyarados was always intended to be Water/Flying, and Gamefreak has never said otherwise.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I don't really get why this thread was bumped, especially since the WTF thread was created specifically to take over for it.

That being said, Nosepass with Tackle. According to its Sapphire entry, it moves 3/8 inch every year. Must be quite a brutal hit.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Ironic given that this thread was the first one, if anything now that it's been bumped we may as well keep the discussion here. The other thread can still be for WTF abilities or stats but we can have moves here.

Ironic given that this thread was the first one, if anything now that it's been bumped we may as well keep the discussion here. The other thread can still be for WTF abilities or stats but we can have moves here.
am i detecting a hint of bias because it's your board? ;)
that said, there's no point in this not being locked or something, as we have the other board for everything that this could possibly encapsulate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)