World Championships Thread - BLUECOOKIES WORLD CHUMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion

This year's world championship will take place in sunny Kona, Hawaii! In between Japan and the United States, this competition will surely attract a host of spectacular battlers!

69-42 Waikoloa Beach Drive
Waikoloa, Hawaii 96738
Friday – Last Chance Qualifier
Senior Division Registration – 9:00AM-9:30AM
Junior Division Registration – 1:00PM-1:30PM
Saturday – World Championships – Preliminary Rounds
Junior and Senior Competitor Check-In – 8:45AM-9:15AM
Sunday – World Championships – Final Rounds
Top 8 Check-In – 9:30AM

List of players attending:

Canada:
Skarm- USA Nationals 8th

USA:
Wesley Morioka- National Champion
Alaka- National Runner up
TR_Jessie- Nationals 3rd
DeagleBeagle- Nationals 4th
BadIntent- Nationals 5th
Huy- Nationals 6th
PokemanMaster- Nationals 7th
kongler - Nationals 10th
Metabou- Nationals 11th
Bianca222- Nationals- 15th
rory - Nationals 16th
AlphaOmega - Junior World Champion 2009

UK:
MrsBlackBird- Birmingham winner
Kinneas- Birmingham runner up
GEC - Semifinalist
Osirus182 - Semifinalist

Spain:
Kefka- Madrid winner
RubeNCB- Madrid runner up

France:
Froggy25- Lyon winner
AlbertVGC- Lyon runner up

Germany:
Kedavra- Köln winner
Julian Appelfeller (Runner up)

Milan Patel is PokemonMaster, Alan Schambers is Metabou, and I was talking to Rory today on facebook and I think he might make it (16th place at Nationals). Good luck everyone!

Yeah, I know! XD

BUT, I'm an underdog as no one on Smogon knows me until I made my first National VGC Debut and showed my skill. :) lol

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Kongler just paid for a trip so as 9th Place US Nationals he'll be attending with the invite. :o)

Wait AlphaOmega.... Are you in Juniors or Seniors right now? If you're in Seniors, that would make 48 Juniors at Worlds and 50 Seniors at Worlds :P (Don't forget to add Kazuyuki Tsuji, last years Senior World Champion)

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
you know how at nationals there was the vgc event and TCG event, and although there was no king of the hill there was a side tourny.

at worlds what are the activities other than vgc/tcg and going swimming afterwards. also anyone have insight on the merchandise. there werent merchandise for sale at nationals but maybe at worlds?

at worlds what are the activities other than vgc/tcg and going swimming afterwards. also anyone have insight on the merchandise. there werent merchandise for sale at nationals but maybe at worlds?
Exclusive event Pokemon download, Side tournaments, the Beanbag room (My personal favorite), Cheer for your friends from the sidelines, League play (this is where you get FREE merch-Explain later), the cultural experence playing and trading pokemon with people from around the world, and of course the Merch booth.

The merch booth has hats, shirts, Backpacks, Towels, DS/DSI skins, and tons more stuff all with the Worlds 2010 logo on them.

As for League play and getting free merch - it is VERY simple. You sign up for league play at the league booth and you get a league number. you play somebody - ANYBODY - and report who won and lost. They put 2 prizes out and the winner gets 1st pick. Either way, you got something free. Keep this up during your downtime and you will comeaway with shirts, Playmats, Skins, Hats - and in 2005 i got a free gamecube as a prize.

Seriously, if you don't make it into the main tournament - go to league play and get tons of free stuff.

Sounds like fun, but its still too expensive to go. I will look forward next years worlds and have at that one. To everyone else, enjoy the event, it sounds like it will be a blast!

Can't wait to meet you guys at worlds :D.
Hope some folks are going for a drink with me as I don't want to play pokemon 24/7 lol.

Good luck to everyone!
Especially rooting for the 3 Lions - Osirus/Kinneas/Reese!! (shame GEC can't go :( )
Bring that S*%* home!!! ROAR

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't actually know if I'm going or not; every minute i'm looking into prices and whatnot, something brings the odds down the brings it back up etc. At the moment, it seems I can go, but i'll need a truckload of money to do so. I might potentially be bunking in Kinneas' room if I do go.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Can't wait to meet you guys at worlds :D.
Hope some folks are going for a drink with me as I don't want to play pokemon 24/7 lol.
Trust me after the Ducks group at Nationals on Friday night that likely won't be an issue. Most of us were hungover for the Swiss day.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Someone help me underage drink in Hawaii please because your country is dumb and doesn't let 19 year olds buy beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)