1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

World War Three mafia postgame

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Stoo, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Stoo

Stoo

Hi everyone and welcome to the world war three mafia postgame thread, hope you all had a fun time playing :)

This game was mine and shades first as hosts, and to be honest im pretty pleased with how it turned out. I was kinda rooting for the atheist covenant from the start since it contained the mighty nation England, but in general I think the teams were fairly balanced and all had an equal chance of winning this.
    The premise of this game was obviously world war three, and i got the idea whilst bored on holiday, where i started to plan the roles and the factions, and even wrote some of the backstory on a napkin as i run out of paper :x

The mafia were designed rather differently to some games, with the idea here being that one mafia (the atheist covenant) was designed to be less powerful but have more info to use this power with, while the red revolution were designed to have more powerful roles but less information to use it with. With shivs expert moling, this handicap was almost unnoticeable and i had my doubts as to whether the atheists had a chance at the start of the game, but after pretty much everybody and their grans targeted shiv night 1, including the village inspector, shivs expert leadership was unable to guide the red revolution to victor. Even though he did leave them alot of information with which they probably should have won when he died, they were unable to do so.

Anyway, as i was saying, the atheists main advantage over the communists was mcgraw, their inspector. The red revolutions only concrete source of information came in umbreon dan, who could check a users alliance every night but not their role. His role didn’t really get put to use as much as i thought, since shiv gave the communists a pretty well filled in spreadsheet when he died.
    When McGraw died incredibly early on shade and i were disappointed, because the atheists were now at a severe disadvantage, having next to no information with which to kill every other night, whereas the red revolution had alot of information with which to kill every night. An unfortunate mix of bad luck and bad playing lost the game for the red revolution, with the key turning point being night 4, where dak obtained gts’ bibles and earned the atheists kills every night, aswell as ace matador inspecting myriad, and yoshi king redirecting myriads killing of scrubs onto the now useless pyromaniac, who lost his only power when kumar stole his item. This hit them hard, and as their numbers started to lower, the atheists took charge of the game, with Veedrock at the helm.

Before i get to individual players though, i want to talk about the setup abit more. The village had 14 members, against 10 mafias and 2 neutrals, a ratio which i think worked out well. The power roles were united fairly quickly with Kumar taking charge and hitting a series of excellent lynches right at the start. Kumar learned the identity of the inspector, bodyguard, redirector, and watcher early on, and with the most important roles in the village at his command he was successful in taking out the two mafias most important members. The only problem here was that one of those two people was Shiv, who learned the identity of all the same users kumar did (except ace matador, though he sussed that ace was the inspector himself) before kumar got wind of ace matadors inspection results.

My only gripe about this game was that we didn’t include enough items. There were 3 in total, two of which were only usable in the hands of one user. This came about as a lack of forethought i guess, since the original inclusion of the mafia thief was designed with the idea of the bibles, which would give the atheists their kills every night. We toyed with a few things, but most of them just turned peoples roles into items which would have underpowered the village and just generally been kinda gay, since we could end up with one thief with a collection of roles and a bunch of villagers with no roles at all. In hindsight, we should have built the game from the ground up with items on our minds rather than trying to include items into a game which could have functioned without them, but i guess in the end it just didn’t turn out that way. If i ever design another game, this will certainly be at the top of my list of improvements.

Now, lets move on to teams and individual roles:

The Pangaean Republic

Fishins death was a big blow to the Pangaean Republic so early on, but like i said a couple paragraphs up, they did fairly well early on with Kumars leadership, with the exception of shiv’s short lived but hard-hitting moling, which managed to provide information on most of the important villagers for the red revolution. Later in the game Ace Matador and Yoshi King took charge of the village, but the two didn’t cooperate with each other well as ace matador took a dislike to yoshi king for some fairly trivial things and i guess just personal distaste (its not really my place to say), which was part of the villages downfall in the end.

Anyway, individual roles:

Fishin opted to play it safe night 1 and idled, but was killed before he even got a chance to do nothing. His death was a random kill from Myriad, which really crippled the village in the end. Not much more he could of done about it, though :(

2/10

Scrubs was abit too open with his role in the end. He claimed to Kumar early on and was able to protect ace matador from death at the wolfs hands n4, but aside from this he told shiv his role and even protected him n2 which eventually led to his death at the hands of the red revolution. He actually would have died night 4 alongside ace matador if yoshi king hadn’t redirected myriad towards pyromanic instead, so i guess he got lucky!

4.5/10

Tim was a bit of a filler role, and didn’t really have alot he could do, so sorry about that :| I attempted to make his role abit more interesting by giving him zerowings vaccine, but zerowing never contacted tim about the “medical aid” he said he could offer, so in the end it was just stolen by dak.

Tims one time hook wasn’t put to very good use either, as he ended up hooking veedrock who had already outed himself as the silencer. This did nothing but let arcticblast speak in the enxt day thread, but since GTS killed arcticblast that night anyway it ended up doing nothing.
    His one time hook would have gone to RB-Golbat upon his death, but tim outlived argentina and didn’t use his hook until very late anyway, so this never happened.

3/10

Thundas role was something shade and i basically ripped from epic mafia, and in conjuncture with the inspector, had alot of potential. If thunda watched the mafia killer the same night he was inspected, then the village could tell the guy who got targeted was not a member of that mafia. Inversely, if the mafia bodyguard got inspected the same night he was watched, the village would have obtained two mafias in one night.

Thunda chose to set a new mafia record for “most times watching umbreon dan in a mafia game” early on, watching him the first couple of nights after claiming to kumar and working closely with him while he was alive. He was the villages “backup” leader so to speak, and upon Kumars death he would have taken charge. Unfortunately, they both died in the same night and he never got a chance to do this

Once Shiv discovered Thundas role, however, he didn’t have alot of opportunity to maximise its potential, meeting his end at the hands of Myriad, who opted to kill Thunda instead of Scrubs or Ace Matador in a rather odd move (though it kind of payed off when the wolf killed kumar the same night, sending the village into disarray with no leadership).

6/10

The holder of the only “proper” item in the game, so to speak, pyromanic didn’t really have alot to do. He claimed to Kumar early on, and Kumar stole his item n2 (the same night he was targeted for killing by the wolf in a rather funny twist). Didn’t really have an opportunity to do much, and met his end when yoshi king redirected myriads kill to him instead of scrubs. In effect, he adversely saved the lives of both the village leader and the village bodyguard! For that reason, even though he didn’t have alot to do with it:

4/10

First of all i should say that the posting restriction was shades idea! This is the standard mayor role, with a posting restriction to spice things up a little. RB-Golbat actually would have obtained timw06’s one time hook upon his death, but unfortunately tim didn’t use his hook until very late and didn’t die until the very end either, so this never happened.

From an individual point of view, rb golbat didn’t do a whole lot. His double vote came in handy on a couple votes, but it was never really necessary and he ended up dying to annhialator zero n5.

3/10

The village twins were another huge asset the village had, who were guaranteed to become vigilantes who could kill every other night upon their partners death. We decided this would be necessary in a game with 5 mafia on each side, and looking at how things turned out we were probably right.

Following pookars death, iKitsune earned the ability to bleat a dangerous gang of sheep at a user, but he died the night after and never even got a chance to use it. The village got very unlucky that the twins survived so long, because had one died earlier on they would have had an incredibly valuable asset :(

2.5/10

Pookar claimed to kumar early on, but also claimed to shiv and gave the rr knowledge of the twins. Thoguh he didn’t give away his partners identity, he didn’t really do anything except die.

3/10

Ace Matador played an incredibly important part in the village, with his n1 inspect saving the village from shiv’s moling. He was one of the few roles Shiv didn’t outright learn the identity of (though shiv pieced it together and figured out ace was the inspector later on), and also dealt some huge blows to the red revolution when he inspected umbreon dan and myriad, who were both lynched the day after.

Unfortunately, after kumar and thundas deaths, yoshi king took charge, and ace took a dislike to him after yoshi king accidentally sent some information to GTS in a PM that was sent out to multiple people. This barrier between the two most important roles in the village was a huge handicap, which was eventually the villages downfall. Yoshi King had told ace that if he found any killers, he should tell him asap, and the village would be able to redirect kills to whoever they so pleased. Ace didn’t listen to this, and instead started the lynch on myriad. Had he listened to yoshi king, the village would have had a good shot at winning, and so for that reason:

7/10

This was probably my favourite role i created in the game, being both original, interesting, and humorous at the same time (not to be modest or anything). It also created some leeway for another item, which was at the top of our to do list at that point in the designing of the game, and was strangely appropriate with the beginning of quarantine mafia.

Anyway, zerowing didn’t claim early on, but following kumars death, made his claim to yoshi king, who trusted him a little bit. His voting capabilities almost fucked the atheist covenant over in the secret lynch, and had they not changed to yoshi king and gained the red revolutions votes, the village would have win it :(
    0wing kept his head down and claimed to the right guys, and used his role as much as he really could, so for that reason:

5/10

Kumar played the role of village leader and did a good job but for trusting shiv abit too much, letting him onto the spreadsheet early on. He united the power roles quickly, and with ace matadors inspection result realized he had been deceived.
    Kumar’s role itself wasn’t very powerful since there weren’t very many items in the game, but he put it to good use anyway, stealing pyromanics camouflage kit the same night he was targeted by the wolf in a pretty lucky twist. After that, there wasn’t really much else he could steal, so i guess me and shade are to blame for that :|
    Still, for laying the foundations of a successful village and doing incredibly well while he was alive:

8/10

Yoshi King was Kumars right hand man at the start of the game, claiming early on and earning his trust, eventually getting onto the spreadsheet. Following Kumar’s death he took charge of the village and attempted to pull them together, but without ace’s cooperation (and just a general lack of people claiming to him) he was unable to unite them fully.
    Still, he did the best he could with the claims and roles he did get, and made very good use of his own role, targeting mafias every night, half of the time redirecting them to other mafias, too!

After idling n1, he redirected annihialator zero’s kill to a protected shiv, then redirected umbreon dans alliance check to scrubs (which the rr already knew, but this was a risky move as dan could have been the killer). n5 he redirected the atheist bodyguard onto the communist killer, but was lynched the day after in Veedrock’s secret lynch, in what was a very close lynch.

8.5/10

Seven Deadly Sins’ role was potentially alot more useful than he realized, because the mafias were split into clear groups: The Atheists were all from Europe, while the Communists were all from the Asia. Had he united with the village and figured this out, his “weak” role could actually have the utility of Umbreon Dan’s, providing the village with an alliance check every night.
    Unfortunately, sds spent his nights mostly checking the role names of his village allies to prove they were who they said they were, nosing around kumar n3 and yoshi king n5 after his claim of Sweden.
    Props for being last villager alive though!

4.5/10

Twash/Dogfish’s role was designed to help in controlling the lynch. He could choose between voting himself and silencing another user, which could have proved alot more useful had he survived longer. Unfortunately, twash asked to be subbed out early and was replaced by Dogfish, who only got a chance to silence annihialator zero before being killed rather ironically by the same guy the next night.

3.5/10

NEUTRALS

When jumpluff asked to be subbed out, shade and me were disappointed as we unsure of how well a newbie would do with such a difficult role that basically requires you to deceive everyone and utilise your powers to the best of their abilities to have a chance at winning. jumpluff wrote a good fake pm and i think would have been successful had she stayed in the game.
    Unfortunately, when the baton was passed to arcticblast, he didn’t use this fake pm and ended up just sitting along for the ride, surviving as long as he could. He got off some crucial kills, but never used his secondary ability which we were really dissapoinetd about as it had endless trolling potential as well as alot of flexibility for different things :(
    As i was saying, he got off some important kills, hitting Kumar and Ace Matador on n3 and n5. His relative inactivity didn’t help much either, as he didn’t send in a kill n6

5.5/10

MS played quite well, givijg his claim of harmless neutral to yoshi king, and working closrly with the village until the end, when they lost the ability to control the votes. At this point, he jumped ship, planning to work with the atheists. Unfortunately he was killed by the wolf.
    Also, unknown to him, jumpluff actually killed him n1, but he was busy protecting himself from harm!

7/10

The Red Revolution

Shiv’s expert moling and leadership should have led the red revolution to victory once he obtained information on all the important village roles, but unfortunately he was targeted by the village inspector n1 (aswell as the atheist killer and wolf before jumpluff changed her target to MS), and his true identity was revealed.
    His fake role pm was the most believable of all of them in the game too, followed closely by jumpluffs, and it was a shame to see him die so early as he could have done some lasting damage to the village. More importantly though i think, shivs team needed his help to create believable pms as some of the rr’s pms weren’t exactly great, especially umbreon dan’s which included a fatal error which gave away his allegiance :|
    Anyway, Shiv was easily the star of the rr and up there with the most important players in the game, a pretty impressive feat considering he was only alive for a couple of nights!

9/10

Tennisace played his part in the rr, saving shiv from an early death n1 and protecting the rr killers after that. He wrote an ok fake pm, but he used his own role for it, and he should have realized the village would already have a bg. Still, he kept his head down and never had to give out his pm, surviving until the very end before being picked off by the atheists.

4/10

GTS played the part of the communist mole, who would give any inspectors false results upon inspection. He came so close to being inspected by ace not one but twice that it almost hurt ;x On night 4, ace matador planned to inspect gts but at the last possible moment changed to myriad, essentially making the difference between the rr infiltrating another guy and losing their most important member in one night. He was also inspecting GTS the night of his death :(

GTS played ok, but like the rest of his team, didn’t communicate with his teammates very well. See:

01[18:41] <WOOD> gts
    01[18:41] <WOOD> how ww3 mafia going
    [18:41] <GTS> Well
    [18:41] <GTS> I was considering suiciding.
    [18:41] <GTS> But like
    [18:41] <GTS> I have not been paying enough attention, like...at all
    01[18:42] <WOOD> dont suicide
    01[18:42] <WOOD> ill sub out out if push comes to shive
    01[18:42] <WOOD> x___x
    [18:42] <GTS> Why? lol
    [18:42] <GTS> I'm the last of my kind.
    01[18:42] <WOOD> shove*
    01[18:42] <WOOD> not shiv
    [18:42] <GTS> lol
    01[18:42] <WOOD> what
    01[18:42] <WOOD> no you arent
    01[18:42] <WOOD> tennisace is still alive
    [18:43] <GTS> really?
    [18:43] <GTS> lol
    01[18:43] <WOOD> you didnt know he was on your team..?
    01[18:43] <WOOD> hes the bodyguard
    [18:43] <GTS> i donno
    [18:43] <GTS> oh shit
    [18:43] <GTS> haHA
    01[18:43] <WOOD> its in your role pm
    [18:43] <GTS> I told you I have not paid enough attention
    [18:43] <GTS> I'll contact him
    [18:44] <GTS> I wasn't suiciding because I didn't wanna play
    [18:44] <GTS> i thought i was the last one

Still, he killed the village bg and MS, so gets some props for that!

4.5/10

Umbreon Dan didn’t have a whole lot to do really, since his weak inspection was almost useless with Shiv infiltrated in the village, and the majority of the villagers were already known to the rr. He did learn that dak was an atheist the night before his lynching, but the rr didn’t do anything with this info.
    His role pm was also pretty poor (sorry) with a huge error which blatantly labelled him as mafia, and it didn’t help when he posted it in the thread for all to see :|

3/10

Myriad played well for a newbie. He wrote a decent role pm early on, and with abit of tweaking from Shiv, had a good claim. On top of this, he killed his fair share of important users, including fishin and thunda. His other two kills (kumar and scrubs) were bpv’d and redirected respectively, but had they gone through myriad would undoubtedly have been the most successful killer in the game, eliminating a huge chunk of the important players and roles. Good job, overall.

6/10

ATHEIST COVENANT

And finally, the Atheist Covenant, who took control mid-game against pretty substantial odds and ended up on top, largely in part to veedrocks leadership and timely use of his secret lynch. This allowed him to get rid of one of the most dangerous villagers, as well as asserting his dominance over the village, even though they could have outvoted the atheists fairly comfortably with the red revolutions votes!
    As i said before, the atheists were at a huge disadvantage when McGraw died, having lost their most important member day 1 still only able to kill every odd night, but turned the game around when dak stole GTS’ bibles and the red revolution started getting picked off, slowly putting the atheists back in the game.
    Props to mighty nation England for surviving to the very end, shade and i knew you could do it!!!

Poor McGraw was approached by kumar and Shiv n1 and, without a false claim ready, severely handicapped his team upon his death. His only inspect was to prove kumar’s role to his teammates, but other than that, he didn’t have a chance to do much.

3/10

Dak arguably played the most important part on his team with his random theft on n4, which gave annhialator zero the tools with which he could kill his way to the top, bringing his team with him.
    He wasn’t online a whole lot and didn’t lead his team as i’d suspected he would, but luckily Veedrock stepped up to the plate to take that position, and his team coasted to victory anyway.

7/10

Good old England basically spent the whole game protecting annhialator zero, and coasted along for the ride with his team as tey sailed to victory. He didn’t have a fake pm written and blew off yoshi king when he asked for a claim, but in the end he avoided suspicion long enough for his team to outnumber the village and come out on top.
    Didn’t show a whole lot of initiative, but, hey, right place, right time!

5/10

Annhialator Zero killed 5 users this game, more than any other killers in the game, so earns the prestigious title of serial killer for world war 3 mafia!

He was lucky to have pokemon reds protection all game really, because from the start he told everyone he was wolf after having no role pm ready. Alot of people went the whole game thinking this, and i guess the village left him alone in the hope he would turn against the mafia, or maybe they just had better targets. Really i don’t know why he was never targeted, so that’s something i’d be interested to hear.

7/10

And finally the star of the show Veedrock, who led the Atheist Covenant to victory in spectacular fashion! He had the whole game planned out meticulously and made excellent use of his secret lynch to finally take charge of the game and go all the way to the end with his team suffering only 1 casualty in McGraw. The instructions he wrote out for his team to win after his death were so detailed it took me a couple reads to take it all in. He had pretty much everything right, except for the fact that he didn’t suspect arcticblast to be the wolf at all for some reason, seeming to think hed been cleaned by ace matador, and instead coming to the conclusion that pookar was the wolf. Aside from that, though, his control of the votes and night actions was so meticulous that his team marched straight through into victory, with the help of the rr who never even thought to target the atheists until it was too late.

I really want to give him 10/10, but his role pm wasn’t great and he didn’t really fool the village early on. His team were put into a position where Veedrock could take charge after a series of inspects from ace which fucked the red revolution up, rather than any merits of the atheists themselves. Still, without veedrock i don’t think the atheists would have made it to the end, or at least done so with 4 out of 5 members still alive!

9.5/10

And so concludes the mighty world war three mafia. Hope you guys had as much fun playing as me and shade did making it, especially updating it which i really got into during the latter half of the game.

Feel free to correct things i’ve said or offer your own comments, because alot of players in this game don’t have irc access or i haven’t seen online a lot lately, so there may be things im not aware of that you did. I tried to be a little more on the harsh side with my ratings also as I feel it’s better to learn from your mistakes than have it sugar coated for you.

Thanks once again, guys!
  2. 6A9 Ace Matador

6A9 Ace Matador veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE

Thank you for hosting stoo & shade! it was incredibly enjoyable =] also stoo i did not co-operate with draco yoshi since he sent his pms while i was asleep ._.' i only disliked him since he rand lynched me.
  3. matty

matty I did stuff a long time ago for the site
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

lol @ the GTS log x.x
  4. Arcticblast

Arcticblast LOL STAFF FAG
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

I did use the fake pm once, maybe I should have notified you?

And I tried using it on Veedrock the night I was killed (my kill went to iKitsune and may have worked). I wasn't sure how to use that ability, and I guess it just didn't work. I was trying it out and then I died...
  5. GTS

GTS

man...

sorry shiv
  6. Scrubs

Scrubs

Fucking shiv/GTS WHY DO I TRUST PEOPLE

Great mafia you had stoo

fuck gts :(:(
  7. GTS

GTS

8. Stoo

Stoo

like i said, i dont know everything that happened in the game as im not omnipotent or something, so its good to ehar stuff that happened that i didnt know about

also you got pretty unlucky receiving probably one of the hardest roles if not the hardest role in the game, and considering it was your first mafia you did well to survive so long imo
  9. 6A9 Ace Matador

6A9 Ace Matador veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE

Oh Stoo, i knew GTS was mafia since Night two, so did Kumar. I inspected him tonight since i needed solid evidence to give to yoshi for some redirects, or even a possible lynch. The fatal error was Scrubs sending GTS a pm saying that he was BG ._.'' It's what lead to my death lol.

Edit: Oh i would have died anywhere since idiot ms distracted bodyguard >_____________>''''''
  10. Scrubs

Scrubs

I'm to trusting I can't help it :(
  11. dak

dak

posting to say i didnt exchange a single word with any member of my team
  12. Stoo

Stoo

13. Annhialator Zero

Annhialator Zero

Yeah I'm not sure how I didn't get lynched either, I guess the village just wanted to take the mafia out (And I think Yoshi King SORTA thought I might have been a regular neutral, not sure).

Also I killed dogfish as I was afraid that after he supported Shiv based on me that when Shiv went down he might conclude I was bad. Probably wouldn't have happened but I was playing it safe.

Anyway, well played everyone, really enjoyed the game. Thanks Stoo and shade for hosting.
  14. Fishin

Fishin
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I was planning to try and talk to all the villagers once the night was over, since I doubt many people would disbelieve a claim from the USA (I hadn't spoken to anyone at all before I died). Seemed like an interesting mafia, but oh well :/

Also, the ability to do voting by a closed ballot once in the game was really neat.
  15. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Yeah, 3/10 is fair =\
  16. Stallion

Stallion Joe Cool
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Thanks for the nice wrap, I don't see a number though :P. Anyway gg guys and sorry I did that Yoshi King, I wanted to win with the village but had to jump ship to save my own skin.
  17. Myriad

Myriad

Well, I killed thunda instead of Ace Matador or Scrubs because he claimed inspector to me to get me to change my vote and I'm gulible like that. I figured some of Shiv's information could be wrong. It was quite lucky that the other kills hit Kumar so that their leadership was knocked out in one go.

I'm pretty sure if we hadn't gotten lynched every day until it was just Umbreon Dan and GTS we would've gone a little better.

I thought Annihilator Zero was the wolf so when I tried to get all the neutrals and mafias to take out the village when it was clear we couldn't win, I missed the wolf. But otherwise Shiv's list was quite good, and I wish I had claimed earlier so that I didn't arouse enough suspicion to get inspected.

I wish I could get IRC to work again so I could've played a more informed game. Thanks for hosting Stoo and Shade
  18. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Yeah, the Red Revolution really needed Shiv. He was acting as our leader for the first few days, but when he was lynched, we were more or less stumbling around in the dark. After a while, I saw it happening so I tried to take control and get us organized, but then I went and got my ass lynched the next day. I don't know what went down after that ._.
  19. Stoo

Stoo

lol sorry ms, i rushed to get this ready so some bits i left bolded and planned to fill in later

obviously i forgot to do so but im monster tired right now so ill do it asap tommorow i promise!!!
  20. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

also, kumar didn't get all the power roles together, i did. i was planning on uniting then killing them off sweetly.

also, i saw through veedrock and even got to know of pokemon red lol :)

damn, i thought we would've taken this lol.
  21. Veedrock

Veedrock

Actually that was probably my bad writing ._.

Anyways, about the bad claims, AZ made a claim for France (McGraw) while I made one for Portugal (AZ), so AZ's claim fell through when McGraw was lynched. He hadn't claimed that role to anybody luckily but after everyone was convinced that AZ was wolf I was paranoid that he'd get lynched and cause my written claim to fall under. Because of this I just decided to be safe and false claim miller. Domino effect across our claims.

I won't deny that a lot of our success was completely circumstantial. Happens in most mafia games really. Even near the end when I thought I'd die for a second time if it wasn't for the Wolf/Vig double death, we would have been struggling with finding whichever killer was left along with the Reds. My confidence was not very strong at all, we had to tip-toe around most roles majority of the lategame or get blindsided by 3 opposing killers.
  22. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

Oh btw Veedrock, right after I told you we had no more kills, Stoo told me that GTS idled and I had to choose a target. I chose the wolf by sheer luck lol, which screwed any chance of a comeback.
  23. Arcticblast

Arcticblast LOL STAFF FAG
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

fuck you tennis

great game everyone
  24. Yoshi King

Yoshi King

I'm sorry Ace but seriously, that's just incredibly poor judgement on your part. The point of PMs is that they can be read at any time and responded to at any time, it's not like instant messaging (IRC) where if you're not online I have no way of sending you a message. If you were really intent on winning this game, you should have accepted the fact that I was given misinformation and attempted a lynch- yes it was somewhat hasty and I accept full responsibility for leading that, but I also did apologize sincerely for that blunder. Yet, you continued to treat me like an enemy and ultimately cost us the game by refusing to cooperate. If you don't mind some constructive criticism, I think you would do well to put aside your differences with whichever users you're working with and just try to work together for the "greater good".

I should apologize to the village because my poor judgement on who was claiming and who wasn't lead to nothing getting done about suspected mafia. Pretty much everyone who was mafia either didn't respond or blew me off and instead of believing that they were just inactive users, I really should have taken a chance and lynched one of them- however, I was incredibly paranoid about mis-lynching a villager and then being lynched myself, since no one really knew I was Kumar's right hand.

Attempting to lead the villagers was an interesting experience, one that I would someday like to repeat. My inexperience with leading (Every other mafia game, I have followed my leaders blindly) did cost us some heavy losses, but it was certainly a learning experience.

I'm also upset that Annhialator's kill was protected by Scrubs because it made me think he wasn't a killer :(

On the whole, incredible game Stoo and Shade. Despite my team losing, I had a really fun time of it!
  25. Pokemon Red

Pokemon Red

Thanks for the game, I enjoyed it.
    Actually, I had 1 written, but I didn't want to look as if I'm too easy on giving it away. So when Yoshi King didn't ask me a second time, I kept it to myself lol. I was lucky though, I don't know whether they would buy it if I ever give out the fake pm.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)