Worlds Last Chance Qualifier - Kona, HI - August 13, 2010 - OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wait till tomorrow Winters Zombie, just you wait :)

You know, when I was "younger" I thought getting to WORLDS was the true way to being an actual Pokemon Master. I don't know if I still feel that way :p

Personally, right now I am fine with Top 9 Nationals. As I've been battling competitively for only about... 2 months? And VGC for about half that, so I'm content with where I am at. If I rank higher, yay, if not I like my spot >.<

@HolyChipmunk, Japanese people > whiteys. Every single day of the week.

For those who care about the TCG at all:

Table #1 - 2006/2008 World Champion - Jason Klaczynski vs 2004 World Champion - Tsugyoshi Yamato

THAT is going to be the match of the night right there.

Ha Dynasty Finals
Arnold Family Finals
Smogon Vs Japan Finals
Smogon Vs Smogon Finals
Smogon sweeps and gets T8

What would you all rather have at Worlds, and if you're going to it you don't count because its obvious you will want to be in the finals obviously!

All of Smogon getting T8 will be a bit boring honestly, I don't care all too much about Ha Dynasty or Arnold Family finals either (not really looking fo some kind of family battle), so I would want a Smogon vs Smogon finals while they go against Japan in the quarter/semi finals just so it will still be interesting, two people from Smogon will get automatic invites to Worlds and will be very interesting.

Yamato wins - yamato 5-0, Klaczynski 4-1

EDIT:
VGC Pics up on the worlds web site:
http://www.pokemonworldchampionships.com/2010/photos/gallery/day1/pokmon-vgc-last-chance-qualifier-
Xerograde and Ninahaza both in them.

God i love that hula Pikachu!
Nice Infernape Palkia lead Ninahiza! What are they trying to pull, do they have something against Jesus!? They show some of his team in that picture! Still, the shirt with the hula pikachu should pose enough of a distraction.

Impressive showing by the Arnold Family. o_O

Great job to PBB, Winter Zombie, and Ninahaza as well.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. :D

Well, can't really say the right things happened earlier.

My match with Mrs Arnold entirely rested on one single speed tie, and I was fine, albeit mildly pissed off, about losing to a coin flip. But since then I've found out she was using the infamous Arnold mono-choice team. To think someone who can't even play the game is now playing in the worlds is deeply insulting not only to me but to anyone else who cares about the game... god damn the fact that this is even possible is an awful show for the game as a whole. How she was even purposefully taking a long time to move and then had the audacity to say "good game" to me repeatedly isn't even "trollface.jpg" territory.This is "Flip you off in the fucking face" territory.

But yeah, good for everyone who got through. Just not really looking forward to sitting around all day tomorrow watching a tournament I shoul've been part of. :(

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion

My match with Mrs Arnold entirely rested on one single speed tie, and I was fine, albeit mildly pissed off, about losing to a coin flip. But since then I've found out she was using the infamous Arnold mono-choice team. To think someone who can't even play the game is now playing in the worlds is deeply insulting not only to me but to anyone else who cares about the game... god damn the fact that this is even possible is an awful show for the game as a whole. How she was even purposefully taking a long time to move and then had the audacity to say "good game" to me repeatedly isn't even "trollface.jpg" territory.This is "Flip you off in the fucking face" territory.

But yeah, good for everyone who got through. Just not really looking forward to sitting around all day tomorrow watching a tournament I shoul've been part of. :(
Berton Bailey came up with that team..

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Cry more dude. Also, I don't see how that's the "infamous Arnold mono-choice team" when that's something Mr. Bailey created as Paul pointed out.

The fact that you lost to someone who didn't know what she was doing rests on YOU. The fact that you didn't recognize it was the mono-choice team quickly is on YOU. If you see someone who doesn't normally play Pokemon using those Pokemon and using the same move repeatedly, you really should put two and two together. Don't be a sore loser. It reflects poorly on you. You lost because of yourself.

Congrats to everyone who made it in! I hate to see that OmegaDonut isn't among them, though...

Anyone have a link to a post about this "mono-choice" team, or more info about it? From the sound of it, I'm guessing it's a Choice Bander, a Choice Specs-er, a Choice Scarfer, and something else?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Eh, at this point I think it's pretty public info and it won't get anywhere in the swiss tournament so:

Groudon @ Choice Band
- Earthquake

Zapdos @ Choice Specs
- Discharge

Abomasnow @ Choice Scarf
- Blizzard

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
- Shadow Force

Great for players who don't know how to play or read yet. Berton really created something special.

Sucks that you lost to a coin flip man .-. Also, I approve of the above wholeheartedly, I was having these thoughts since the VGCs in Europe were over...

And I tell you, it won't get better in 2011 with B/W and triple battles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)