Wormadam-T

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
QC: Galbia / Raiza / Anty
GP: P Squared / Weebl

[OVERVIEW]

Wormadam-T has a nice Bug / Steel typing and solid bulk, which lets it check Pokemon such as Stoutland, but, outside of that, it is outclassed by other Steel-types such as Probopass, which has more offensive presence and utility. It also lacks reliable recovery and can be setup fodder for Pokemon such as Barbaracle and Raichu due to its low offensive presence. Wormadam-T's susceptibility to Taunt from Pokemon such as Misdreavus and Grumpig can hinder its ability to function as a utility Pokemon.

[SET]
name: Utility
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Toxic
move 3: Protect
move 4: Iron Head
item: Leftovers
ability: Overcoat
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stealth Rock damages all foes switching in and breaks Sturdy and Focus Sash. Toxic is Wormadam-T's best way to deal any damage, as it puts foes on a timer. Protect allows Wormadam-T to scout for moves while also racking up Toxic damage and recovering some health with Leftovers. Iron Head is Wormadam-T's only attacking move and allows it to both function while Taunted and hit Rock- and Ice-types such as Armaldo and Piloswine super effectively.

Set Details
========

252 EVs in HP maximize Wormadam-T's overall bulk. 252 EVs in Defense along with an Impish nature add to Wormadam-T's physical bulk, allowing it to better handle physical attackers such as Stoutland and Sawsbuck. Leftovers provides passive recovery each turn, which is important because Wormadam-T has no form of reliable recovery. Overcoat is the preferred ability to keep Wormadam-T from being sleep fodder for the likes of Jumpluff and Tangela as well as to avoid taking damage from hail set by Snow Warning Aurorus.

Usage Tips
========

Wormadam-T's primary objective is to set up Stealth Rock for its teammates. Toxic should be used often to put opposing foes on a timer. Protect should be used mostly to rack up Toxic damage and to scout for any attacks aimed at Wormadam-T, but it must be used carefully, as foes can use this turn to set up entry hazards or use boosting moves. Because of its typing, Wormadam-T can switch in on attacks from Pokemon such as Stoutland and Jumpluff and either use Toxic or attack with Iron Head.

Team Options
========

Due to its lack of offensive presence, Wormadam-T only fits on defensive and stall teams. Pokemon that can take of Fire-types, such as Poliwrath and Torkoal, make good partners for Wormadam-T. Spikes and Toxic Spikes support from Pokemon such as Quilladin and Roselia complements Wormadam-T's Stealth Rock support to wear down the opposing team faster, but keep in mind that all these Pokemon are weak to Fire-type attacks. Wish support from Pokemon such as Lickilicky and Hypno is greatly appreciated, as Wormadam-T is easily worn down.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Wormadam-T could attempt a specially attacking set with moves such as Signal Beam and Flash Cannon, but the damage output is still lackluster even with maximum investment in Special Attack. A specially defensive spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD with a Careful nature can be used to better take on Psychic-types such as Kadabra and Grumpig and other special attackers such as Raichu and Tangela. Gyro Ball can make use of Wormadam-T's low Speed and do more damage to faster Pokemon, but the power is inconsistent and Gyro Ball has fewer PP than Iron Head.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fire-types**: Fire-types such as Ninetales, Rapidash, and Simisear can easily KO Wormadam-T with their respective Fire-type STAB attacks. Furthermore, Ninetales can use Nasty Plot or Substitute as Wormadam-T switches out.

**Setup Sweepers**: Wormadam-T is very passive, so setup sweepers such as Barbaracle, Raichu, and Carracosta can use it as setup fodder and attempt to sweep, but they don't appreciate being poisoned.

**Strong Special Attackers**: Even with its bulk, Wormadam-T can easily be 2HKOed by strong special attacks from Pokemon such as Simipour, Floatzel, and Poliwrath.

Last edited by a moderator:
you know im not qc but ill help

[OVERVIEW]
-mention that its typing allows it to check stout which is a huge threat

[SET]
-i honestly think the ability should be overcoat since it allows you to check stuff like jumpluff and non-hp fire tangela but its up to QC

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
-mention that gyro ball makes it so its not completely a sitting duck vs speed boosting setup mons

Set Details
========
-again, i think ability should be overcoat but its best qc decides

Team Options
========
-mention hazard control

TONE

is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
you know im not qc but ill help

[OVERVIEW]
-mention that its typing allows it to check stout which is a huge threat

[SET]
-i honestly think the ability should be overcoat since it allows you to check stuff like jumpluff and non-hp fire tangela but its up to QC

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
-mention that gyro ball makes it so its not completely a sitting duck vs speed boosting setup mons

Set Details
========
-again, i think ability should be overcoat but its best qc decides

Team Options
========
-mention hazard control
I added the first part for now, but i considered putting Overcoat as the ability, but I was thinking that Jumpluff could either U-turn out to an appropriate Pokemon to handle Wormadam-Trash and if Tangela is running Hidden Power Fire, it would rather just attack it rather than try to put it to sleep, plus Aurorus can't 2HKO Wormadam-Trash without possibly being OHKOd by Gyro Ball. Plus in the matter of speed boosting setup mons, the only Pokemon (that I can think of atm) that even remotely threatened by a Gyro Ball after setting up Rock Polish / Agility is Lunatone which isn't even common plus Barbaracle is 3HKOd by Gyro Ball after Shell Smashing and 2HKOs Wormadam-Trash with Razor Shell or Stone Edge and Carracosta OHKOs Wormadam with Stone Edge at +2 after Stealth Rock damage. I also don't feel that hazard removal is all that manditory on a Pokemon with no offensive presence, much less trying to fill a role that is done by better Pokemon. Hazard removal would be more for setup sweepers that are weak to Stealth Rock such as Vanilluxe and Persian, so I left it off.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The set should be iron head for more consistent damage against like every slower poke ever (and especially do consistent damage to rose). You'll also run out of PP really easily and basically be more of a sitting duck than you already are. If it does stay gyro ball, specify zero speed IVs

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
^agreeing with megazard especcially because p much every thing is crippled more by a toxic
0 Atk Wormadam-S Gyro Ball (29 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Clefairy: 56-68 (16.2 - 19.7%) -- possible 6HKO
And at least you do /some/ damage to rose rather than p much 0. Also the damage is the same till the opp's speed gets greater than +speed base 95 so there is nothing that is greatly effected (especcially bc most of those pokemon either beat you anyway or you beat them anyway - scarf dodrio is the only poke gyro makes a big difference against)

Also I think overcoat would be the preferred ability as the only possible random fire move you will see would be tang, and you have protect to scout that if you are really scared (if they go for it on the switch it doesnt really matter.

Throughout the analysis you are really overstating the effects of taunt. Of the common users, you beat pig anyway, simipour/dodrio 2HKO you anyway, so missy is the only one that properly effects you. One pokemon which would hate switching in on a toxic is not enough to stress how badly taunt hurts it.

In UT you also need to give examples of what it switches into. Also in c&c make sure to mention that set up sweepers dislike toxic

TONE114

TONE

Alright implemented all the suggestions. Ready for a second check.

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
[OVERVIEW]
along with steel bug typing, mention this has decent overall bulk
mention this is outclassed anyway

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
mentions sr break through sash and sturdy

Set Details
========
mention why a ph def spread is used over a spdef one

Usage Tips
========
when you talk about taunt users, mention some
mention wormadam should be weary to setup users
mention wormadam should be careful when using protect, as pokemon that carry entry hazards, substitute or setup moves can take advantage of it

Team Options
========
mention pokemon that appreciate sr and toxic support to wear down foes
mention pokemon that appreciate a physical def backbone
i wouldn't mention heal bell support, as wormadam-trash is immune to toxic, while doesn't that care much about paralysis / burn

Checks and Counters
===================
mention tales can use this as a setup fodder too. mention fire-types do not appreciate switching in on stealth rocks and getting poisoned anyway.
mention that setup sweepers don't appreciate getting poisoned too as they can be worn down along w protect and eventually put in range of revengekillers

**Strong Attacks**: rename into Strong Special Attackers

TONE114 QC 2/3

TONE

[OVERVIEW]
along with steel bug typing, mention this has decent overall bulk
mention this is outclassed anyway

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
mentions sr break through sash and sturdy

Set Details
========
mention why a ph def spread is used over a spdef one

Usage Tips
========
when you talk about taunt users, mention some
mention wormadam should be weary to setup users
mention wormadam should be careful when using protect, as pokemon that carry entry hazards, substitute or setup moves can take advantage of it

Team Options
========
mention pokemon that appreciate sr and toxic support to wear down foes
mention pokemon that appreciate a physical def backbone
i wouldn't mention heal bell support, as wormadam-trash is immune to toxic, while doesn't that care much about paralysis / burn

Checks and Counters
===================
mention tales can use this as a setup fodder too. mention fire-types do not appreciate switching in on stealth rocks and getting poisoned anyway.
mention that setup sweepers don't appreciate getting poisoned too as they can be worn down along w protect and eventually put in range of revengekillers

**Strong Attacks**: rename into Strong Special Attackers

TONE114 QC 2/3
Implemented the changes. Analysis has been written and is ready for a final check.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Analysis is good so mostly nitpicks:

It also lacks offensive presence and has no reliable recovery outside of Rest
rest doesnt really count as reliable recovery

A suspectability to Taunt from Pokemon such as Misdreavus and Grumpig which can prevent Wormadam-Trash from functioning as a utility Pokemon for its teammates.
I mentioned stuff about this earlier - is taunt really relevant enough to mention here? Its not like grumpig is staying in on wormadam and it takes upwards from 25% depending on the ev spread

The taunt bit is especcially not relevant to mention in UT when missy is the only relevant user of taunt that threatens it out due to taunt

Due to its lack of offensive presence, Wormadam-Trash only fits on balanced and stall teams.
Say defensive teams as not only is stall p shit but also bc stall isnt the only type of defensive team

**Taunt**: Wormadam-Trash relies on Toxic to do any significant damage so Taunt users such as Misdreavus and Grumpig can cripple Wormadam-Trash to rely on Iron Head to do damage.
Again with this, grumpig shouldnt have a mention in c&c at all and its not like missy is a perfect counter so i really dont think this should be mentioned

TONE114

e: forgot to 3/3

Last edited:

TONE

Analysis is good so mostly nitpicks:

rest doesnt really count as reliable recovery

I mentioned stuff about this earlier - is taunt really relevant enough to mention here? Its not like grumpig is staying in on wormadam and it takes upwards from 25% depending on the ev spread

The taunt bit is especcially not relevant to mention in UT when missy is the only relevant user of taunt that threatens it out due to taunt

Say defensive teams as not only is stall p shit but also bc stall isnt the only type of defensive team

Again with this, grumpig shouldnt have a mention in c&c at all and its not like missy is a perfect counter so i really dont think this should be mentioned

TONE114
Alright I fixed this. Removed the Taunt mentions as isn't that prominent.

edit: sending this to GP.

Last edited:
Unofficial practice GP; does not count towards the requisite two.

Delete
Comment
Add

[OVERVIEW]

Wormadam-Trash has a nice Bug / Steel typing and solid bulk which lets it check Pokemon such as Stoutland, but, outside of that, it is outclassed by other Steel-types such as Probopass which can do the same thing while having have more offensive presence and utility. It also lacks offensive presence and has no reliable recovery. The previous sentence seems redundant with the end of the sentence before it, except for mentioning recovery. Wormadam-Trash can be used as setup fodder by for Pokemon such as Barbaracle and Raichu due to its low offensive presence attacking stats. A suspectability susceptibility to Taunt from Pokemon such as Misdreavus and Grumpig which can prevent hinder Wormadam-Trash's ability to function from functioning as a utility Pokemon for its teammates.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stealth Rock damages all foes switching in and is a great move in general for breaking breaks Sturdy and Focus Sash. Toxic is Wormadam-Trash's best way to deal any damage as it puts foes on a timer. Protect allows Wormadam-Trash to scout for moves while also racking up Toxic damage and recovering some health with Leftovers. Iron Head is Wormadam-Trash's only attacking move and prevents it from being shut down by Taunt and allows while also allowing Wormadam-Trash to hit Rock- and Ice-types such as Armaldo and Piloswine.

Set Details
========

252 EVs in HP maximizes Wormadam-Trash's overall bulk. 252 EVs in Defense along with an Impish nature gives Wormadam-Trash added physical bulk to better handle physical attackers such as Stoutland and Sawsbuck. Leftovers gives it provides passive recovery with each turn as which is important because it has no form of reliable recovery. Overcoat is the preferred ability to avoid being sleep fodder for the likes of Jumpluff and Tangela as well as to avoiding taking Hail damage from Snow Warning Aurorus. I know it sounds a bit redundant to use "to avoid" twice, so feel free to edit it, but it needs to be parallel between "to...sleep fodder" and "to...Hail damage".

Usage Tips
========

Wormadam-Trash's primary objective is to set up Stealth Rock for its teammates. Toxic should be used often to put opposing foes on a timer. Protect should be used mostly to rack up Toxic damage and to scout for any attacks aid aimed at Wormadam-Trash, but must be careful used cautiously as foes can use the turn this to set up entry hazards or use boosting moves. Because of its typing, Wormadam-Trash can switch in on attacks from Pokemon such as Stoutland and Jumpluff and either use Toxic or attack with Iron Head.

Team Options
========

Due to its lack of offensive presence, Wormadam-Trash only fits on defensive and stall teams. Pokemon that can take of Fire-types such as Poliwrath and Torkoal make for good partners for Wormadam-Trash. Spikes and Toxic Spikes support from Pokemon such as Quilladin and Roselia complements Wormadam-Trash's Stealth Rock support, wearing to wear down the opposing team faster, but keep in mind that all these Pokemon are weak to Fire-type these Pokemon will give you a double weakness to Fire. Wish support from Pokemon such as Lickilicky and Hypno is greatly appreciated for Wormadam-Trash, as it Wormadam-Trash is easily worn down.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Wormadam-Trash could try to use attempt a special attacking set with moves such as Signal Beam and Flash Cannon, but the damage output is still lackluster even with maximum investment in Special Attack. A specially defensive spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD with a Careful nature can be used to better take on Psychic-types such as Kadabra and Grumpig and other special attackers such as Raichu and Tangela. Gyro Ball can make use of Wormadam-Trash's low Speed and do damage to faster Pokemon, but the power can be inconsistent and Gyro Ball has less PP than Iron Head. Well written.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fire-types**: Fire-types such as Rapidash, Simisear, and Ninetales can easily do away with KO Wormadam-Trash with their respective Fire-type STAB attacks. The former Simisear can set up Nasty Plot or Substitute as Wormadam-Trash switches out. It wasn't clear who "the former" referred to as there were three.

**Setup Sweepers**: Wormadam-Trash is very passive, so setup sweepers such as Barbaracle, Raichu, and Carracosta can use Wormadam-Trash to setup their respective boosting moves boost and attempt to sweep, but don't appreciate being poisoned.

**Strong Special Attackers**: Even with its bulk, it can easily be 2HKOd by strong special attacks from Pokemon such as Simipour, Floatzel, and Poliwrath.

Overall, not bad. I was never able to catch the blasted Wormadam-Trash in my DPP game...

Trimmed a few wording things here and there, but I like it.

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
using lots of the above, GP 1/2
mine are add remove comment

also, replace all "Wormadam-Trash" with "Wormadam-S"
[OVERVIEW]

Wormadam-Trash has a nice Bug / Steel typing and solid bulk, (AC) which lets it check Pokemon such as Stoutland, but, outside of that, it is outclassed by other Steel-types such as Probopass, (AC) which can do the same thing while having have more offensive presence and utility. It also lacks offensive presence and has no reliable recovery. Wormadam-Trash and can be used as setup fodder by for Pokemon such as Barbaracle and Raichu due to its low offensive presence attacking stats. A suspectability susceptibility to Taunt from Pokemon such as Misdreavus and Grumpig which can prevent hinder Wormadam-Trash's ability to function from functioning as a utility Pokemon for its teammates.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stealth Rock damages all foes switching in and is (make sure to reread stuff after you've made edits) a great move in general for breaking breaks Sturdy and Focus Sash. Toxic is Wormadam-Trash's best way to deal any damage, (AC) as it puts foes on a timer. Protect allows Wormadam-Trash to scout for moves while also racking up Toxic damage and recovering some health with Leftovers. Iron Head is Wormadam-Trash's only attacking move and prevents it from being shut down by Taunt and allows while also allowing it Wormadam-Trash to hit Rock- and Ice-types such as Armaldo and Piloswine.

Set Details
========

252 EVs in HP maximize Wormadam-Trash's overall bulk. 252 EVs in Defense along with an Impish nature gives add to Wormadam-Trash's added physical bulk, allowing it to better handle physical attackers such as Stoutland and Sawsbuck. Leftovers gives it provides passive recovery with each turn, (AC) as which is important because Wormadam-S it has no form of reliable recovery. Overcoat is the preferred ability to avoid being sleep fodder for the likes of Jumpluff and Tangela as well as to avoiding taking hail damage from Snow Warning Aurorus.

Usage Tips
========

Wormadam-Trash's primary objective is to set up Stealth Rock for its teammates. Toxic should be used often to put opposing foes on a timer. Protect should be used mostly to rack up Toxic damage and to scout for any attacks aid aimed at Wormadam-Trash, but it must be careful used cautiously, (AC) as foes can use the turn this to set up entry hazards or use boosting moves. Because of its typing, Wormadam-Trash can switch in on attacks from Pokemon such as Stoutland and Jumpluff and either use Toxic or attack with Iron Head.

Team Options
========

Due to its lack of offensive presence, Wormadam-Trash only fits on defensive and stall teams. Pokemon that can take care of Fire-types, (AC) such as Poliwrath and Torkoal, (AC) (without the commas, it sounds like Poliwrath and Torkoal are examples of Fire-types rather than Pokemon that can take care of them, so it's good to be safe and add some commas for clarity) make for (I don't really know why, but it's sort of convention for us to use "make for" rather than "make", possibly because "make" can be read to have a different meaning. so, keep the "for") good partners for Wormadam-Trash. Spikes and Toxic Spikes support from Pokemon such as Quilladin and Roselia complements Wormadam-Trash's Stealth Rock support, wearing to wear (the original was fine) down the opposing team faster, but keep in mind that all these Pokemon are weak to Fire-type these Pokemon will give you a double weakness to Fire. Wish support from Pokemon such as Lickilicky and Hypno is greatly appreciated for Wormadam-Trash, as it Wormadam-Trash is easily worn down.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Wormadam-Trash could try to use attempt a specially attacking set with moves such as Signal Beam and Flash Cannon, but the damage output is still lackluster even with maximum investment in Special Attack. A specially defensive spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD with a Careful nature can be used to better take on Psychic-types such as Kadabra and Grumpig and other special attackers such as Raichu and Tangela. Gyro Ball can make use of Wormadam-Trash's low Speed and do more damage to faster Pokemon, but the power can be is inconsistent and Gyro Ball has less fewer (if it's countable, use "fewer"! fun fact) PP than Iron Head.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fire-types**: Fire-types such as Rapidash, Simisear, and Ninetales can easily do away with KO Wormadam-Trash with their respective Fire-type STAB attacks. The former Simisear can set up Nasty Plot or Substitute as Wormadam-Trash switches out. (It wasn't clear who "the former" referred to as there were three.) (ya good)

**Setup Sweepers**: Wormadam-Trash is very passive, so setup sweepers such as Barbaracle, Raichu, and Carracosta can use Wormadam-Trash as setup fodder to setup their respective boosting moves and attempt to sweep, but they don't appreciate being poisoned.

**Strong Special Attackers**: Even with its bulk, it Wormadam-S can easily be 2HKOed by strong special attacks from Pokemon such as Simipour, Floatzel, and Poliwrath.

TONE

using lots of the above, GP 1/2
mine are add remove comment

also, replace all "Wormadam-Trash" with "Wormadam-S"
[OVERVIEW]

Wormadam-Trash has a nice Bug / Steel typing and solid bulk, (AC) which lets it check Pokemon such as Stoutland, but, outside of that, it is outclassed by other Steel-types such as Probopass, (AC) which can do the same thing while having have more offensive presence and utility. It also lacks offensive presence and has no reliable recovery. Wormadam-Trash and can be used as setup fodder by for Pokemon such as Barbaracle and Raichu due to its low offensive presence attacking stats. A suspectability susceptibility to Taunt from Pokemon such as Misdreavus and Grumpig which can prevent hinder Wormadam-Trash's ability to function from functioning as a utility Pokemon for its teammates.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stealth Rock damages all foes switching in and is (make sure to reread stuff after you've made edits) a great move in general for breaking breaks Sturdy and Focus Sash. Toxic is Wormadam-Trash's best way to deal any damage, (AC) as it puts foes on a timer. Protect allows Wormadam-Trash to scout for moves while also racking up Toxic damage and recovering some health with Leftovers. Iron Head is Wormadam-Trash's only attacking move and prevents it from being shut down by Taunt and allows while also allowing it Wormadam-Trash to hit Rock- and Ice-types such as Armaldo and Piloswine.

Set Details
========

252 EVs in HP maximize Wormadam-Trash's overall bulk. 252 EVs in Defense along with an Impish nature gives add to Wormadam-Trash's added physical bulk, allowing it to better handle physical attackers such as Stoutland and Sawsbuck. Leftovers gives it provides passive recovery with each turn, (AC) as which is important because Wormadam-S it has no form of reliable recovery. Overcoat is the preferred ability to avoid being sleep fodder for the likes of Jumpluff and Tangela as well as to avoiding taking hail damage from Snow Warning Aurorus.

Usage Tips
========

Wormadam-Trash's primary objective is to set up Stealth Rock for its teammates. Toxic should be used often to put opposing foes on a timer. Protect should be used mostly to rack up Toxic damage and to scout for any attacks aid aimed at Wormadam-Trash, but it must be careful used cautiously, (AC) as foes can use the turn this to set up entry hazards or use boosting moves. Because of its typing, Wormadam-Trash can switch in on attacks from Pokemon such as Stoutland and Jumpluff and either use Toxic or attack with Iron Head.

Team Options
========

Due to its lack of offensive presence, Wormadam-Trash only fits on defensive and stall teams. Pokemon that can take care of Fire-types, (AC) such as Poliwrath and Torkoal, (AC) (without the commas, it sounds like Poliwrath and Torkoal are examples of Fire-types rather than Pokemon that can take care of them, so it's good to be safe and add some commas for clarity) make for (I don't really know why, but it's sort of convention for us to use "make for" rather than "make", possibly because "make" can be read to have a different meaning. so, keep the "for") good partners for Wormadam-Trash. Spikes and Toxic Spikes support from Pokemon such as Quilladin and Roselia complements Wormadam-Trash's Stealth Rock support, wearing to wear (the original was fine) down the opposing team faster, but keep in mind that all these Pokemon are weak to Fire-type these Pokemon will give you a double weakness to Fire. Wish support from Pokemon such as Lickilicky and Hypno is greatly appreciated for Wormadam-Trash, as it Wormadam-Trash is easily worn down.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Wormadam-Trash could try to use attempt a specially attacking set with moves such as Signal Beam and Flash Cannon, but the damage output is still lackluster even with maximum investment in Special Attack. A specially defensive spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD with a Careful nature can be used to better take on Psychic-types such as Kadabra and Grumpig and other special attackers such as Raichu and Tangela. Gyro Ball can make use of Wormadam-Trash's low Speed and do more damage to faster Pokemon, but the power can be is inconsistent and Gyro Ball has less fewer (if it's countable, use "fewer"! fun fact) PP than Iron Head.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fire-types**: Fire-types such as Rapidash, Simisear, and Ninetales can easily do away with KO Wormadam-Trash with their respective Fire-type STAB attacks. The former Simisear can set up Nasty Plot or Substitute as Wormadam-Trash switches out. (It wasn't clear who "the former" referred to as there were three.) (ya good)

**Setup Sweepers**: Wormadam-Trash is very passive, so setup sweepers such as Barbaracle, Raichu, and Carracosta can use Wormadam-Trash as setup fodder to setup their respective boosting moves and attempt to sweep, but they don't appreciate being poisoned.

**Strong Special Attackers**: Even with its bulk, it Wormadam-S can easily be 2HKOed by strong special attacks from Pokemon such as Simipour, Floatzel, and Poliwrath.
All of this has been implemented. Thanks for the checks P Squared and Torterrable. Ready for a second check.

Weebl

Hey!
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
here

[OVERVIEW]

Wormadam-S has a nice Bug / Steel typing and solid bulk, which lets it check Pokemon such as Stoutland, but, outside of that, it is outclassed by other Steel-types such as Probopass, which have has (not all steel-types have this) more offensive presence and utility. It also lacks reliable recovery and can be setup fodder by foe Pokemon such as Barbaracle and Raichu due to its low offensive presence. A Wormadam-S's susceptibility to Taunt from Pokemon such as Misdreavus and Grumpig can hinder Wormadam-S's its ability to function as a utility Pokemon.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stealth Rock damages all foes switching in and breaks Sturdy and Focus Sash. Toxic is Wormadam-S's best way to deal any damage, as it puts foes on a timer. Protect allows Wormadam-S to scout for moves while also racking up Toxic damage and recovering some health with Leftovers. Iron Head is Wormadam-S's only attacking move and prevents it from being shut down by Taunt and allows Wormadam-S to it to both function while Taunted and hit Rock- and Ice-types such as Armaldo and Piloswine super effectively.

Set Details
========

252 EVs in HP maximize Wormadam-S's overall bulk. 252 EVs in Defense along with an Impish nature adds to Wormadam-S's physical bulk, allowing it to better handle physical attackers such as Stoutland and Sawsbuck. Leftovers provides passive recovery each turn, which is important because Wormadam-S has no form of reliable recovery. Overcoat is the preferred ability to avoid keep Wormadam-S from being sleep fodder for the likes of Jumpluff and Tangela as well as to avoid taking hail damage from hail set by Snow Warning Aurorus.

Usage Tips
========

Wormadam-S's primary objective is to set up Stealth Rock for its teammates. Toxic should be used often to put opposing foes on a timer. Protect should be used mostly to rack up Toxic damage and to scout for any attacks aimed at Wormadam-S, but it must be used carefully, as foes can use this turn to set up entry hazards or use boosting moves. Because of its typing, Wormadam-S can switch in on attacks from Pokemon such as Stoutland and Jumpluff and either use Toxic or attack with Iron Head.

Team Options
========

Due to its lack of offensive presence, Wormadam-S only fits on defensive and stall teams. Pokemon that can take of Fire-types, such as Poliwrath and Torkoal, (AC) make good partners for Wormadam-S. Spikes and Toxic Spikes support from Pokemon such as Quilladin and Roselia complements Wormadam-S's Stealth Rock support to wear down the opposing team faster, but keep in mind that all these Pokemon are weak to Fire-type attacks. Wish support from Pokemon such as Lickilicky and Hypno is greatly appreciated, as Wormadam-S is easily worn down.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Wormadam-S could attempt a specially attacking set with moves such as Signal Beam and Flash Cannon, but the damage output is still lackluster even with maximum investment in Special Attack. A specially defensive spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD with a Careful nature can be used to better take on Psychic-types such as Kadabra and Grumpig and other special attackers such as Raichu and Tangela. Gyro Ball can make use of Wormadam-S's low Speed and do more damage to faster Pokemon, but the power is inconsistent and Gyro Ball has fewer PP than Iron Head.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fire-types**: Fire-types such as Ninetales, Rapidash, and Simisear can easily KO Wormadam-S with their respective Fire-type STAB attacks. The former Furthermore, both Ninetales and Rapidash can set up use Nasty Plot or Substitute as Wormadam-S switches out.

**Setup Sweepers**: Wormadam-S is very passive, so setup sweepers such as Barbaracle, Raichu, and Carracosta can use Wormadam-S it as setup fodder and attempt to sweep, but they don't appreciate being poisoned.

**Strong Special Attackers**: Even with its bulk, Wormadam-S can easily be 2HKOed by strong special attacks from Pokemon such as Simipour, Floatzel, and Poliwrath.
GP 2/2

Last edited:
Weebl

OML I think I just realized/remembered that both Simisear and Ninetales can run Substitute or Nasty Plot sets. Should it maybe be said that "Ninetales and Simisear can both...switches out"?

TONE

Don't worry about it guys. Of the two, Ninetales is the most common user of Substitute and/or Nasty Plot.

TONE

here

[OVERVIEW]

Wormadam-S has a nice Bug / Steel typing and solid bulk, which lets it check Pokemon such as Stoutland, but, outside of that, it is outclassed by other Steel-types such as Probopass, which have has (not all steel-types have this) more offensive presence and utility. It also lacks reliable recovery and can be setup fodder by foe Pokemon such as Barbaracle and Raichu due to its low offensive presence. A Wormadam-S's susceptibility to Taunt from Pokemon such as Misdreavus and Grumpig can hinder Wormadam-S's its ability to function as a utility Pokemon.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stealth Rock damages all foes switching in and breaks Sturdy and Focus Sash. Toxic is Wormadam-S's best way to deal any damage, as it puts foes on a timer. Protect allows Wormadam-S to scout for moves while also racking up Toxic damage and recovering some health with Leftovers. Iron Head is Wormadam-S's only attacking move and prevents it from being shut down by Taunt and allows Wormadam-S to it to both function while Taunted and hit Rock- and Ice-types such as Armaldo and Piloswine super effectively.

Set Details
========

252 EVs in HP maximize Wormadam-S's overall bulk. 252 EVs in Defense along with an Impish nature adds to Wormadam-S's physical bulk, allowing it to better handle physical attackers such as Stoutland and Sawsbuck. Leftovers provides passive recovery each turn, which is important because Wormadam-S has no form of reliable recovery. Overcoat is the preferred ability to avoid keep Wormadam-S from being sleep fodder for the likes of Jumpluff and Tangela as well as to avoid taking hail damage from hail set by Snow Warning Aurorus.

Usage Tips
========

Wormadam-S's primary objective is to set up Stealth Rock for its teammates. Toxic should be used often to put opposing foes on a timer. Protect should be used mostly to rack up Toxic damage and to scout for any attacks aimed at Wormadam-S, but it must be used carefully, as foes can use this turn to set up entry hazards or use boosting moves. Because of its typing, Wormadam-S can switch in on attacks from Pokemon such as Stoutland and Jumpluff and either use Toxic or attack with Iron Head.

Team Options
========

Due to its lack of offensive presence, Wormadam-S only fits on defensive and stall teams. Pokemon that can take of Fire-types, such as Poliwrath and Torkoal, (AC) make good partners for Wormadam-S. Spikes and Toxic Spikes support from Pokemon such as Quilladin and Roselia complements Wormadam-S's Stealth Rock support to wear down the opposing team faster, but keep in mind that all these Pokemon are weak to Fire-type attacks. Wish support from Pokemon such as Lickilicky and Hypno is greatly appreciated, as Wormadam-S is easily worn down.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Wormadam-S could attempt a specially attacking set with moves such as Signal Beam and Flash Cannon, but the damage output is still lackluster even with maximum investment in Special Attack. A specially defensive spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD with a Careful nature can be used to better take on Psychic-types such as Kadabra and Grumpig and other special attackers such as Raichu and Tangela. Gyro Ball can make use of Wormadam-S's low Speed and do more damage to faster Pokemon, but the power is inconsistent and Gyro Ball has fewer PP than Iron Head.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fire-types**: Fire-types such as Ninetales, Rapidash, and Simisear can easily KO Wormadam-S with their respective Fire-type STAB attacks. The former Furthermore, both Ninetales and Rapidash can set up use Nasty Plot or Substitute as Wormadam-S switches out.

**Setup Sweepers**: Wormadam-S is very passive, so setup sweepers such as Barbaracle, Raichu, and Carracosta can use Wormadam-S it as setup fodder and attempt to sweep, but they don't appreciate being poisoned.

**Strong Special Attackers**: Even with its bulk, Wormadam-S can easily be 2HKOed by strong special attacks from Pokemon such as Simipour, Floatzel, and Poliwrath.
GP 2/2
Made the changes. Thanks for the check Weebl.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I finally got to one before Anty or galbia did ;_;

Uploaded. Changed all the Wormadam-S with Wormadam-T, P Squared you're wrong with the trash to S as there are actually 3 different Wormadam forms; Wormadam, Wormadam-Sandy, Wormadam-Trash.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)