"Worst Kalos Pokemon?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Litleo/Pyroar were probably the most disappointing to me.
Bad abilities, mediocre stats, Noble Roar is a pretty bad move - it could have been so good but fell down at every hurdle.

Did anyone else cringe when they saw that the badass flaming death falcon was named Talonflame? TALON - FLAME. The creative gears were turning at mach speeds at game freak that day.

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
Competitively, I'm thinking Aurorus or Dedenne. Aurorus has got a nice enough stat spread and movepool for lower-tier use, but the typing is a huge thorn in its side. Dedenne, on the flip side, has a pitiful movepool (seriously, a Fairy-type who can learn Flash can't at least get Dazzling Gleam?), although I really like its design (marketing department Pikaclone it may be, but it's cuter than Pikachu itself, so it definitely gets a pass on that).

Design-wise, although I like most of the Kalos Pokemon to some extent, there are a few I can't stand. Aromatisse is ugly to begin with, but what annoys me most is that they threw out the cool plague-doctor thing they had going on with Spritzee in favor of... a can-can dancer? No thanks, Game Freak. Sylveon's eyes look completely soulless, which kills what would otherwise be a not-terrible design. I dislike Fennekin because it is a crime against nature for a Pokemon based on a fennec fox not to be cute, and its evolutions have the dubious distinction of being massive furry-bait on top of having designs that don't appeal to me. The Chespin line, while not as bad on their own, don't really do it for me either - Quilladin is the rodent version of Pignite, Chesnaught resembles the anorexic offspring of Bowser and a chipmunk, and extra points are docked for being Grass-type starters so bad that this avowed Grass man didn't want them at all. Diggersby and Slurpuff look pretty ridiculous, but not in a cute way like their prevos did... Meh. Amaura and Aurorus look like something out of MLP.

Mine is probably Malamar.

When i first saw Inkay I saw so much potential but then we get an ugly ass squid that looks like Medusa. It had the potential to be a better looking Jellicent but no, Medusa clone instead.

Hmm.... worst design goes to Barbacle. Hands down. I actually used Dedenne quite a bit in-game, but I can see where it would be useless in competition. But also Mega Gyarados? Wtf?

Probably Dragalge from an aesthetic standpoint. I just... what the hell IS that even? It looks like a mangled fallen leaf.

Klefki just screams "filler" to me, as does Dedenne.

Gourgeist? Now that's just inappropriate, GameFreak.

I'm a little disappointed in Delphox and Chesnaught, but it's fine. They're still better than the Unova starters.

Actually, I think the biggest problem here is simply an utter lack of new designs. Perfectly understandable, seeing as how modelling out and animating well over 718 different creatures (not just for battles but for Amie) must have been a tremendous undertaking.

How about the BEST new designs (or at least my favorite ones)

Greninja, Aegislash, Trevenant, Pangoro, Hawlucha, and Sylveon.

Last edited:
If you touch Honedge's blue hilt it will suck out your soul.

You cannot ask for a better design.
It is even better when applied to Amie. If it likes you, it will freak out and get angry if you touch the hilt, fearing it might accidentally take your soul. But if it hates you...it is happy all-the-way when you are being an idiot and not following the PokeDex's warning.

Oh, Game Freak, you dirty little trolls.

Design-Wise: The whole Fennekin Line.
Are you trying to mock my favorite Pokemon? Never has my Delphox fainted once, even though it got some nasty hits, like Zygarde's Earthquake, and it's a complete wall for catching Mewtwo. It's a wizard's robe for the reason that it pretty much is one, as a Psychic type. Though I do agree that it could be designed slightly better, I still love it. Augmenting fiery abilities with the mind... that's a deadly combination.

By the time I saw a Diggersby, my Braixen laughed at it after delivering a Psyshock. Then there's Shalour Gym, which was simple for Braixen. It may have been target practice for a slighly inaccurate move like Psyshock (literally, controlling that much at once with with magic isn't easy).
The legendary Pokemon are as unique as I've seen them in other games. Even though they're totally different, they're still unique. The only problem I have with Xerneas is finding its unique move. I run Horn Leech, Moonblast, Megahorn, and Night Slash. The downside I saw with this was that Xerneas is actually Special Attack based, not physical. But it's hard to NOT resist 356 Attack. Take damage? Simple solution: get an opposing Pokemon weak to it, do as much damage, then heal that damage you take.
Klefki, used by Wikstrom, is a problem for myself due to Spikes getting priority. All I can do by the time I battle him is that he doesn't deploy them. I need Haxorus' Mold Breaker Earthquake for ignoring Sturdy (because it was of little use back then, they decide that they can't let it be one-shotted without special methods).
I do believe that Barbaracle could use some improvement. It's, for me, ridiculous in its look, and it's way too easy for someone to beat as an Elite Four Pokemon. I give Delphox Grass Knot for obvious reasons for covering weaknesses, but it is just something else IF I could see it attack.
Against most people, as I've read so far, I actually don't mind the Flabebe line much. It completely caught me off-guard that it was a Fairy type, and not Grass. I'll compliment that as a tricky way to interpret Pokemon, especially when you first see them.
And Talonflame is a Pokemon I like, but with extreme risks, as I've seen against Malva's own. For Malva's Talonflame, it seems the only move it knows is Brave Bird, wrecking your team while killing itself, trying to do as much damage as possible before it goes down, which isn't hard to do so.

Are you trying to mock my favorite Pokemon? Never has my Delphox fainted once, even though it got some nasty hits, like Zygarde's Earthquake, and it's a complete wall for catching Mewtwo. It's a wizard's robe for the reason that it pretty much is one, as a Psychic type. Though I do agree that it could be designed slightly better, I still love it. Augmenting fiery abilities with the mind... that's a deadly combination.

By the time I saw a Diggersby, my Braixen laughed at it after delivering a Psyshock. Then there's Shalour Gym, which was simple for Braixen. It may have been target practice for a slighly inaccurate move like Psyshock (literally, controlling that much at once with with magic isn't easy).
The legendary Pokemon are as unique as I've seen them in other games. Even though they're totally different, they're still unique. The only problem I have with Xerneas is finding its unique move. I run Horn Leech, Moonblast, Megahorn, and Night Slash. The downside I saw with this was that Xerneas is actually Special Attack based, not physical. But it's hard to NOT resist 356 Attack. Take damage? Simple solution: get an opposing Pokemon weak to it, do as much damage, then heal that damage you take.
Klefki, used by Wikstrom, is a problem for myself due to Spikes getting priority. All I can do by the time I battle him is that he doesn't deploy them. I need Haxorus' Mold Breaker Earthquake for ignoring Sturdy (because it was of little use back then, they decide that they can't let it be one-shotted without special methods).
I do believe that Barbaracle could use some improvement. It's, for me, ridiculous in its look, and it's way too easy for someone to beat as an Elite Four Pokemon. I give Delphox Grass Knot for obvious reasons for covering weaknesses, but it is just something else IF I could see it attack.
Against most people, as I've read so far, I actually don't mind the Flabebe line much. It completely caught me off-guard that it was a Fairy type, and not Grass. I'll compliment that as a tricky way to interpret Pokemon, especially when you first see them.
And Talonflame is a Pokemon I like, but with extreme risks, as I've seen against Malva's own. For Malva's Talonflame, it seems the only move it knows is Brave Bird, wrecking your team while killing itself, trying to do as much damage as possible before it goes down, which isn't hard to do so.

Yep, I completely aimed that post at you. And btw, this whole post screams in-game, try Physical Xerneas and Delphox on Showdown. This was post was before then, but still, that horrible ear is just ugh and the in-game model is ugh. I wondertraded my reject Fennekins faster than a blink, I only had them because trade.

Avalugg.... It's just disappointing, where do I start? Ah!
He's built like Blissey, but with more emphasis on Physical than Special. Ice Type is not good for a Physical attacker (All of 3 Physical STAB attacks) and is even worse when you think about the typing. Ice has 4 weaknesses (I swear it was 5, must of been changed) and one of them is Fire, a mainly special type. That isn't good. While his HP is great, he doesn't have the SpecDef to back it up, and a simple Flamethrower can 1HKO (Judging by his 46 SpecDef) and don't forget moves like Focus Blast and Flash Cannon. Not really "terrible" but I think it justifies my personal worst Kalos Pokemon (I know there are worse, but Avalugg is just disappointing)

Avalugg.... It's just disappointing, where do I start? Ah!
He's built like Blissey, but with more emphasis on Physical than Special. Ice Type is not good for a Physical attacker (All of 3 Physical STAB attacks) and is even worse when you think about the typing. Ice has 4 weaknesses (I swear it was 5, must of been changed) and one of them is Fire, a mainly special type. That isn't good. While his HP is great, he doesn't have the SpecDef to back it up, and a simple Flamethrower can 1HKO (Judging by his 46 SpecDef) and don't forget moves like Focus Blast and Flash Cannon. Not really "terrible" but I think it justifies my personal worst Kalos Pokemon (I know there are worse, but Avalugg is just disappointing)
Ice has 8 physical moves. Ice Shard, Ice Ball, Ice Fang, Ice Punch, Icicle Spear, Avalanche, Freeze Shock, and Icicle Clash.

Ice has 8 physical moves. Ice Shard, Ice Ball, Ice Fang, Ice Punch, Icicle Spear, Avalanche, Freeze Shock, and Icicle Clash.
When I said "all of 3 Physical STAB moves" I mean "all of 3 Physical STAB moves that he can learn" Ice Ball, Ice Fang, and Avalanche are the only Physical STAB he gets, making him predictable. And there's another point, his Movepool... It sucks. That is all.

Designwise, Sylveon stinks. (But, in competitive battling, it is WAYYYYYYYY better then Dedenne). Also, if Deddenne becomes OU, then I will NEVER Pokemon competitive battle again.

Now I'm gonna get a lot and I mean A LOT of hate for this but my most hated Kalos Pokémon has got to be Tyrantrum just for the pure fact that the dude is overrated as fuck I mean for crying out who hasn't heard of a fanboy jizz their pants over a T-Rex. Also competitively he's not good either since imo Dragon Dance still doesn't help his slow ass speed and like has a great physical defense but can't make use for it since it can't go defensive/supportive and like every other Pokémon with great defense, they have a shitty/no special defense (I'm looking at you Cloyster) and vice versa so I dies to a lot of special anyways. Also I like "WTF is that thing?" when I first saw Tyrantrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)