"Worst Kalos Pokemon?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quilladin - I thought we killed off all the Teletubbies already?

Florges - It's a bloody flower and it's not a grass type?

Furfrou - The worst attempt at the french-poodle gimmick I've ever seen.

Aromatisse - What is this I don't even...

Slurpuff - I LOVE taking can's of whip cream and eating it (no homo), but really?

Klefki - A fucking key ring? Are you serious?

I'll give my thoughts on all Gen 6 mons that are fully evolved:
Chesnaught: I don't think it's as bad as people say it is. Though I expected this to be the fast badass one, and Froakie's final evo being the bulky-looking one.
Delphox: I love Fennekin, and I'm glad it's not Fire/Fighting, but it leaves a lot to be desired.
Greninja: At first, I was mixed, but I love it now.
Diggersby: I don't think it's ugly, and it's pretty useful in competitive IMO.
Slurpuff/Aromatisse: I think they are ehhhhhhh (Can't decide IMO), and they are just NU hype trains, but Aromatisse I heard is good in Doubles.
Florges: I'm not a huge fan, and I prefer Floette (I think that thing's adorable)
Sylveon: I freaking love this thing. It's useful, and I think it's cute (Even if it has Bug eyes)
Vivillon: Very cute for a Bug-type, but it's not too scary for a 666 Pokemon.
Pyroar: Cool, but it could've been better in stats.
Pangoro: Same as Pyroar, but I love it's design a lot more.
Gourgeist: My favorite of this gen, even if it does kinda look like a dick.
Dedenne: I don't like this thing, but it's cute, but even then, it's weak as all fuck.
Furfrou: I wanted it to have a Toy Poodle Pre-Evo, but oh well, it's alright I guess.
Carbink: What is it supposed to be?! A bunny, a flying gem? What is it?!
Trevenant: I like this one a bunch, and it's very close with Gourgeist, Ylvetal and Greninja for my favorite of this gen.
Klefki: It's unoriginal, but it's annoying as shit in competitive (It's good, don't get me wrong).
Aegislash: It's a hypetrain IMO, it's so predictable in competitive, but it's so awesome.
Barbacle: I like this one, but it's very weird.
Dragalgae: Kinda reminds me of Kingdra, but a bit more icky.
Clawitzer: I love this thing, but I never got it's huge claw, maybe it's origin has that, but I'm not sure.
Goodra: Icky and cute at the same time. But I love Goomy a whole lot more.
Talonflame: Basically what I said about Aegislash, and it's actually not Normal/Flying for once!
Noivern: Pretty nice, but it looks a bit too much like Swoobat IMO.
Aurorus: Good design, typing and stats, not so much.
Tyrantrum: An actual T-Rex, and it's pretty cool.
Heloisk: Suprising gem in this generation, pretty nice.
Gogoat: It's interesting I guess.
Avalugg: It's part reptile, part roadkill, part ice berg, yeah..........
Hawlucha: Same as Helioisk
Meowstic: It's cute, but it's debatable in competitive.
Malamar: Pretty wicked IMO.
Zygarde: It's a snake and worm mixed together, but it's design is pretty weird.
Ylvetal: Favorite of the two legendaries, but I had to go with X.......................
Xerneas: It's a Fairy-type deer, which looks Steel or Grassish, and it's pretty good in it's own right, but I prefer Ylvetal.

If I missed any, sorry for that.

Wait, how can you not like Mega Manectric's design?!

It's a LIGHTNING BOLT. The electric blue fur + pale yellow blends so well! This is an INCREDIBLE design.

Dedenne, to me, looks like a cheap Korean knock-off of Pikachu. You know Ling-Ling from Drawn Together?

And Diggersby... at first I was like "Oh god, what the hell is that thing?" Then I discovered that its big ears have muscular arms with hands on them, and learnt of its competitive viability. I was won over. ^_^

I don't care how ugly Diggersby is. Huge Power + STAB Earthquake, Quick Attack, U-turn, Ghost and Electric immunities, decent Speed. Really should be used more.
That art makes it look a lot better than the 3D model. I still wish the big lightning bolt was a little bit more like fur, so it didn't look so stiff. I've seen some fanart of it that looks pretty good. If it's not fur I'm not sure how the guy is supposed to move, haha.

Dedenne. I can't stand gimmicky Pokemon, and they've been doing gimmicky Pikachu knockoffs since gen III. (gen II if Pichu counts)

They could easily solve this problem by making it a good Pokemon, or giving it an evolution, but they seriously didn't even try.

I'm also disappointed that Garchomp got a mega evo and Dragonite didn't...

Dedenne. I can't stand gimmicky Pokemon, and they've been doing gimmicky Pikachu knockoffs since gen III. (gen II if Pichu counts)

They could easily solve this problem by making it a good Pokemon, or giving it an evolution, but they seriously didn't even try.
Dedenne and pals are solely there to make cute plushies and to make Pikachu look even better IMO. Every one of the Pikaclones are god-awful stat-wise and are usually only added to introduce some gimmick; Pichu for Baby Pokémon, Plusle and Minun for Double Battles, etc etc. But Dedenne takes the cake for terribleness. Pity, it's so adorable too.

Dedenne and pals are solely there to make cute plushies and to make Pikachu look even better IMO. Every one of the Pikaclones are god-awful stat-wise and are usually only added to introduce some gimmick; Pichu for Baby Pokémon, Plusle and Minun for Double Battles, etc etc. But Dedenne takes the cake for terribleness. Pity, it's so adorable too.
Then why do Pachirisu and Emolga exist? What's their gimmick?

Because squirrels are adorable, and emolga...for volt switch? Or maybe because it was traditional by 4th gen?
Pacharisu and Emolga at least tried to be different. Pacharisu is a squirrel, and Emolga is a flying squirrel or sugar glider. Plusle/Minun/Dedenne are complete copycats of Pikachu: electric mice with the same color scheme, body shape, cheek circles, etc.

At least Dedenne is part fairy-type, and Plusle/Minun have their use in Doubles (don't use them in Doubles).

Florges - It's a bloody flower and it's not a grass type?
You do realise Florges isn't technically a flower. Sure, she wears a flower wreath around her neck, but no evidence supports that that is part of it's body. It's more of a guy who loves flowers then an actual flower.

At least Dedenne is part fairy-type, and Plusle/Minun have their use in Doubles (don't use them in Doubles).
That's what I don't like about them. It's like someone from GameFreak was like "hey, let's make Pikachu, only have it be the new type! It'll make so much money!" Same with Plusle and Minun.

That's what I don't like about them. It's like someone from GameFreak was like "hey, let's make Pikachu, only have it be the new type! It'll make so much money!" Same with Plusle and Minun.
I think the point with Plusle and Minun was to show off a radical (for then) new game mechanic: double battles. They tried something similar with Dedenne, but Dedenne gets no good use of its fairy STAB. Still, I believe at least Plusle and Minun had some good in them as tutorial mons.

You do realise Florges isn't technically a flower. Sure, she wears a flower wreath around her neck, but no evidence supports that that is part of it's body. It's more of a guy who loves flowers then an actual flower.
Paras is part grass and the only "grass" part about it is the mushroom on its back
Mow Rotom is part grass
The Leavanny line are literally just bugs that wear leaves

Chesnaught. So much potential wasted on stupid legs and arms. Could you imagine if this was a turtle-type of thing? How cool would that be? Instead they elongated the arms and legs to a stupidly unnatural degree and filled in the blank space with arbitrary stripes. It's the first time in history I didn't pick the grass starter and I've been playing since gen 1.

Florges (not a grass type) and barbaracle (unimaginably piss-poor design; sheer ugliness) are dishonorable mentions.

Honestly, the real question is if there are any good pokemon from gen 6. I've raised a yveltal and that's the extent of my plans for this gen.

Of course, I'm very aesthetic and flavor-oriented. With all factors taken into consideration, dedenne would have to be the worst. It's completely useless competitively and in-game, and the design couldn't have been lazier.

I think the point with Plusle and Minun was to show off a radical (for then) new game mechanic: double battles. They tried something similar with Dedenne, but Dedenne gets no good use of its fairy STAB. Still, I believe at least Plusle and Minun had some good in them as tutorial mons.
What were they trying with Dedenne that couldn't be solved by something... good.

What were they trying with Dedenne that couldn't be solved by something... good.
I think Dedenne was intended to show off the Fairy type similar to how Plusinun showed off double battles. But it gets 1 fairy move and cant use it, and we already have that role filled by Sylveon and Flabebe.

I'm also disappointed that Garchomp got a mega evo and Dragonite didn't...
They probably were going to give it one but "Dragoniteite" sounded too silly.

They probably were going to give it one but "Dragoniteite" sounded too silly.
Dragonite also suffers from being Dragon/Flying and only having multiscale to soften the blows. Garchomp is much faster and much more scary, what with Sand Veil.

Mmmmmmmmmm, tough choice. I have to say the Fenekin line is the worst. Sure, it has a big special attack stat at the Dephox stage, but what else? Greninja has Protean which makes it an instant God, and Chesnaught with Bulletproof, block those focus blasts!!! I do not approve of Klefki haters if one post here was about Klefki being bad. Best new support entry pokemon yet, great typing and move sets! But other than that, the Fox is just....so bad.

P-please just use the edit button next time
Yeah, I think Chespin was adorable, but Quilladin and Chesnaught were just unbearably ugly. Aesthetically, the same goes with Diggersby, Binacle, Barbaracle, and Avalugg. From a competitive standpoint, the majority of the Fairy-types were disappointments (Xerneas is obviously fine though). I don't particularly like Mega Mewtwo X, but Mega Mewtwo Y I find pretty adorable.
Tried Klefki yet? Fairy/Steel typing is awesome and Prankster lets it set up fast. Best fairy in the game.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Tried Klefki yet? Fairy/Steel typing is awesome and Prankster lets it set up fast. Best fairy in the game.
ummm try not to quadruple post - double posting is frowned upon and you can reply to multiple people in one post

And yeah Klefki's a pain to deal with sometimes (priority status) but with some luck it's not too hard to take down (also I'm an ubers play so it's not much of a problem in general).

I don't do a ton of competitive play, so I'm biased hugely in favor of design, and Klefki just looks so stupid. Fairy/Steel may be an awesome type, but I'd rather use Mawile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)