Worst Nuzlocke Death

Tank the Mamoswine in Platinum; Got 1-shotted by a veteran's Porygon-Z's Hyper Beam. R.I.P. Tank.
Also Rokoshu the Houndoom, who got hit with Poison Fang. Which critted. And poisoned. And it was hailing.

Last edited:
I remember that veteran...R.I.P callus the gallade and R.I.P tank
Tank the Mamoswine in Platinum; Got 1-shotted by a veteran's Porygon-Z's Hyper Beam. R.I.P. Tank.
Also Rokoshu the Houndoom; Got hit with Poison Fang, which critted. And poisoned. And it was hailing.

Scyther, in HeartGold. That thing was so OP throughout my Nuzlocke run.

Then Bruno's Hitmonlee critted it with Hi Jump Kick. I never knew it could do that much damage.

Also, I lost all my mons except Pignite and Tympole to Lenora in Black. Then, I lost all my mons except Scrafty to Ghestis later. Pretty much invalidated my chances of doing anything post-game.

Although Scrafty is a beast in-game. Dat Moxie.

Monferno got Force-palm critted in Platinum. Stunningly bad. But, the game threw me a bone-dog in Houndour which lasted all the way up to the final fight with Cyrus. After that, I actually didn't lose another team member and decisively beat the pokemon league.

But White 2 challenge mode nuzlocke... So much blood. I can't even begin. You know it's bad when your starter is killed in the first gym by that fucking pidove. And I remember losing Conkeldurr to a Plasma grunt of all things near the end of the game, who'd a thunk a mere grunt would have a Crobat? Rock Slide missed and he OHKO'd with a critical Air Cutter.

Okuu

Blame [me] for Global Warming!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Lost my Lombre (Rock/Dark) in a randomizer Heart Gold Run.

Forgot that the opposing mon had Flash Fire. And Focus Punch.

And, to top it all of, a completely unnecessary Critical Hit.

My newest worst death is on my documented run cschollen1s jerkish green my pidgeoto I had from the start it was a lot of fun writing for him and made the loss that much harder as along with my starter he was my favorite and he died the worst possible way poison death maybe 10 steps away from the pokecenter and I still had so much backstory for him left it sucks and it was so sad.

Losing my Pokemon to a stupid one hit KO move in G/S/C and then again in 5th generation.
Especially when its a horn drill coming from a Goldeen :/

My worst ones seem to be associated with crits, like Elesa killed my Audino with a crit Volt Switch,even though I was walling her to hell with mine.
I'd say everytime I nuzlocke the CPU loves to get more crits, but normal game, it never happens. As for a current run of Black 2, I still have my starter and 3 other Pokemon I caught fairly early, so I'm doing pretty well in my nuzlocke challenge. I'm planning to do a nuzlocke run of Y, I just hope that goes well, but knowing my luck,its probably gonna go horribly.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Bruce my Machop in Pearl. I was strolling around Solaceon, battling some trainers or wild Pokémon. After one of the battles, I had to go heal. Bruce had ended the battle with less than a quarter of its HP left, and only 96 exp. points left before levelling up. Exiting the Poké Center, I figured that since I already was in Solaceon, I could go explore the Solaceon ruins for some loot.

I sprayed myself with repel and went inside to do some graverobbing. On my way out, my pockets full of loot, in the last or second to last chamber before the exit, the repel's effect wore off. I then met an Unown-D.

"Perfect, I can take it for those last Exp. Points," I thought to myself and ordered Bruce to attack, despite the type disadvantage. Bruce was in perfect health, and while he wasn't strong enough to OHKO, he outsped it, was several levels higher, and his moves would easily finish the puny Unown in two hits. I mean, Unown. The decidedly worst of all fully evolved Pokémon. What was the worst that could happen?

Critical hit STAB 50+ BP Hidden Power Psychic, that's what. Bruce was defeated in a single blow.

I might not be the first Nuzlocker to lose the prime battler of my team to an Unown, but I can't imagine that there are many of us. It might have been short-sighted planning on my part, but some of it certainly boils down to bad luck. Not only was the Hidden Power the only type Unown could get STAB from (1/16 chance), but it was also at a high Base Power (upper end of the 40 different powers HP can have, though I'm not sure where the treshold is), AND it critted (1/16 chance). The probability of HP Psychic and Critical Hit alone is 1/256. Multiply by the probability of it having high enough BP to KO, and you'll probably wind up somewhere in the 1/500 - 1/800 range.

Needless to say, I was slightly pissed.

F
Losing my Pokemon to a stupid one hit KO move in G/S/C and then again in 5th generation.
Especially when its a horn drill coming from a Goldeen :/

My worst ones seem to be associated with crits, like Elesa killed my Audino with a crit Volt Switch,even though I was walling her to hell with mine.
I'd say everytime I nuzlocke the CPU loves to get more crits, but normal game, it never happens. As for a current run of Black 2, I still have my starter and 3 other Pokemon I caught fairly early, so I'm doing pretty well in my nuzlocke challenge. I'm planning to do a nuzlocke run of Y, I just hope that goes well, but knowing my luck,its probably gonna go horribly.
Try playing fr lg I swear every single hyper fang from a raticate or ratatata is a critical hit

The greatest thing I have ever seen in a nuzlocke is a snorlax survive a crit explosion from a wheezing in cinnabar I'm terrified of that or any crit happening
crits terrify me when ever I try doing nuzlocke cuz one crit and your pokemon is probably dead >.<

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
The single worst death in nuzlockes is when you have to put one of your own Pokemon to death. The fact is, it is better to kill 1 or 2 of your pokemon than to white out and fail, at least in my opinion. There are a bunch of times where I would've been screwed if not for having to use some Pokemon as death fodder - this is why I usually have 5 main Pokemon in my nuzlockes and a 6th underleveled Pokemon, however this doesn't always work. Sometimes I do use 6 Pokemon, this would be in the games Red/Blue, FR/LG, D/P/Pt and on my first run of XY. But eh idk there you go.

Monferno got Force-palm critted in Platinum. Stunningly bad. But, the game threw me a bone-dog in Houndour which lasted all the way up to the final fight with Cyrus. After that, I actually didn't lose another team member and decisively beat the pokemon league.

But White 2 challenge mode nuzlocke... So much blood. I can't even begin. You know it's bad when your starter is killed in the first gym by that fucking pidove. And I remember losing Conkeldurr to a Plasma grunt of all things near the end of the game, who'd a thunk a mere grunt would have a Crobat? Rock Slide missed and he OHKO'd with a critical Air Cutter.
It outsped a crobat? O.o

I personsaly think this is true in dpp onward but is not in the earlier games as in those ones it's in my opinion poison death seeing your pokemons health slowly ebb away while all you can do is run to the pokecenter and hope just hope that they live it sucks ESPECIALY when the poke enter is in view when they die.
The single worst death in nuzlockes is when you have to put one of your own Pokemon to death. The fact is, it is better to kill 1 or 2 of your pokemon than to white out and fail, at least in my opinion. There are a bunch of times where I would've been screwed if not for having to use some Pokemon as death fodder - this is why I usually have 5 main Pokemon in my nuzlockes and a 6th underleveled Pokemon, however this doesn't always work. Sometimes I do use 6 Pokemon, this would be in the games Red/Blue, FR/LG, D/P/Pt and on my first run of XY. But eh idk there you go.

My worst death was probably in my heartgold nuzlocke. I was fighting your rival in the burned tower and I just swept most of his team with my magnemite and it was low on health. Your rival, which I named Silver of course, sent out his last pokemon, his magnemite and then proceeded to paralyze my magnemite, confuse it, and kill it with sonicboom. The worst part was that I couldn't switch magnemite out because his magnemite had the ability magnet pull. I was really mad cause' magnemite is one of my favorite pokes and getting killed by one really sucks. Also those gravelers you think they wont self-destruct but they will.

Playing a internet-less blind run in Soul Silver. I got to Chucks gym and had no idea what level the Pokemon where, so i decided to fight a random Blackbelt to see. He had a 5 level higher Hitmonchan with all the elemental punches. Bayleef took a critical fire punch, followed by my Haunter sacrificing himself to curse the bastard. I lost 4 Pokemon that fight.

In Emerald,

"Vibrava is level 43 and this Spheal is only level 20, I should just leave it in to kill it whats the worst that could happen?"
--Earthquake leaves it with 5 HP left
--Ice Ball OHKO's Vibrava
--RIP 2 levels away from Flygon :/
That happened to me once in a fire red nuzlocke but with my started that's why I always play where if starter dies you restart now and you can't box your starter just because of those emotions I felt that day

The worst nuzlocke death was losing my starter in black 2 to the first gym...I couldn't even restart because of how mad I was

I lost my Bunnelby in Y to a Dragon Rage from Axew. Oddly enough, I replaced that slot with a Furret, who died when he crit Wobbuffet with Return during a Destiny Bond. I replaced it Krokorok, who died in the electric gym to Magneton's Flash Cannon.

Yeah, that slot was death from things I didn't expect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)