1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Would Like Some Ubers Team Help! (RMT)

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by TheGhost983, May 12, 2013.

1. TheGhost983

TheGhost983

Hi Smogon! This is my first time building an ubers team. I've played on showdown a bit, and this team does fairly average, but Kyogre wrecks me. Here's the team:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers

Trait: Sand Stream

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef

Adamant Nature

Pursuit

Stone Edge

Crunch

Superpower

My team is based around sandstorm, and I prefer Tyranitar for that. He is also a very great attacker and a pretty bulky one at that. Standard set really. Not much to say.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon

Trait: Sand Rush

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature

Earthquake

Rock Slide

Swords Dance

Iron Head

My main sweeper. If Excadrill gets a swords dance up, and the current weather is sandstorm, well now you know why it was banned. This set is pretty standard, but I opted for iron head instead of rapid spin, because that just seems weird on a sweeper. I don't really know what item to put here though. The balloon works well if the opponent switches into Groudon, and then Excadrill can KO if he has a SD up, but other than that it seems like I'd get more use out of another item.

Garchomp @ Bright Powder

Trait: Sand Veil

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature

Swords Dance

Outrage

Earthquake

Stone Edge

With the sandstorm up, Garchomp can abuse Sand Veil, and potentially get a swords dance up. Again, this is a fairly standard swords dance set. I'm also wondering what item to put here. Bright powder is a weird item, I was just testing it, because I might be able to abuse the lifted evasion clause even more with it.

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash

Trait: Pressure

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Naive Nature

Psycho Boost

Superpower

Ice Beam

ExtremeSpeed

Deoxys is my lead. The main goal is to get a quick KO on the opponent's lead. Psycho boosts wrecks everything, the other moves are mostly for coverage. I don't have much to say here, this is once again a fairly standard set.

Kyurem-White @ Leftovers

Trait: Turboblaze

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP

Timid Nature

Draco Meteor

Ice Beam

Focus Blast

Fusion Flare

Kyurem is a great cleaner. He can abuse his ridiculous special attack stat well with these moves. I usually send him out as my main Kyogre counter (but I still have trouble with Kyogre). Kyurem can outspeed Groudon with the given
    spread, and take him out with ice beam or draco meteor. As such he's a good counter to Groudon, and many other threats in the uber tier.

Mewtwo @ Life Orb

Trait: Pressure

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

Timid Nature

Aura Sphere

Ice Beam

Psystrike

Thunderbolt

Mewtwo is pretty much another cleaner. Him and Kyurem get great coverage with all of these moves. This also gives me a way to damage Chansey if my physical sweepers are gone. Mewtwo can also outspeed a large amount of the metagame, which makes him excellent at his job.

So that's my team. I'd be open to suggestions for literally anything I can do to make it better. Thanks for all your help!
  2. Garchomp for president

Garchomp for president

This team layout is just not smogon's standerds. Try battle 101 for tips and read the Making a RMT rules section
  3. TheGhost983

TheGhost983

What do you mean by that?
  4. DarkWinds55

DarkWinds55

First thing, Stealth Rock. That is one of the most important moves in the competitive scene. You don't have it. Second problem, Deoxys. The lead position is its only position. You need to be able to use a Pokemon for more than just leading in ubers. Any priority user would destroy it. Third problem, Garchomp. You are using a hax based set, which is unreliable. Garchomp either needs to go or run a more reliable set. Either bring it in against something that doesn't hurt it and use Swords Dance or switch to a Choice set.

Fourth, I don't consider Excadrill to be efficient. The only way it will usually get in without dying is to switch into a ground, electric, or non-attacking move. Otherwise you have to literally just let a poke die to get it in. Tyranitar is not reliable on his own as a weather setter, because most people have either Groudon or Kyogre, both of which beat it with ease. Your Kyurem should not have leftovers, because it does nothing for him.

Mewtwo is acceptable as is, so don't worry about him. Kyurem should be lose Focus Blast for Dragon Pulse or Substitute. Should you use Substitute you should also give Kyurem White Herb so that it can use Draco Meteor twice. If you intend to keep a sandstorm team either add Hippowdon for a second weather setter or use a Specially Defensive set on Tyranitar. If you should decide to replace Excadrill you should put another 'conventional' uber in it's place. If you feel like it, you could also replace the Garchomp. If you keep the Garchomp it needs a different item. Choice Scarf would allow it to outspeed Scarf Kyogre, but it would fail to KO.

Deoxys-Speed is an excellent pokemon, capable of outspeeding Choice Scarf Kyogre, which can sweep your entire team if you aren't careful. He also makes for an excellent lead because of his speed. He gets Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave, Taunt, Spikes, and a very large set of possible attacks. You could even use him to set up a Sandstorm at the beginning with reliability. against something like a Genesect lead you would use Stealth Rock while it triggers Focus Sash, then use Sandstorm or Thunder Wave if they used U-Turn into something that you can outspeed (meaning not Arceus-Normal). If focus sash was triggered the sandstorm would assuredly kill Deoxys after it is set up, allowing your Excadrill a free switch.

Now, if you truly need to deal with Kyogre you should go for Ferrothorn. Kyogre generally don't have a good way to hurt him while you can use leech seed and protect to kill it slowly. You can also give it Stealth Rock or Spikes, but you should make sure to have Power Whip to keep him from being taunt bait. You could also carry Gyro Ball if you can give up your entry hazard on Ferrothorn for it.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)