1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Wrath of the Serpents (V.1) RMT

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Eleon, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Eleon

Eleon

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Wrath of the Serpents (V.1) RMT

This is my newest team. And my first real attempt at a Hyper Offensive team. I'm not sure how it is going to work so any advice will be very welcomed!

My Lead:
    [​IMG]
    Forretress (F) Leftovers
    Ability - Sturdy
    Relaxed Nature
    252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
    - Gyro Ball
    - Rapid Spin
    - Spikes
    - Stealth Rock

This is my usual lead. I use her to set out Spikes and Stealth Rock then often switch her back out and bring her in whenever I need to Rapid Spin or a good Physical Wall. Gyro Ball is thrown in there to do some decent damage. However (Could just be mine, I may breed a new one), I've found that she doesn't hit very hard. Using Gyro Ball when Super Effective only did 1/8th of health in damage in my last battle. However, Spikes, Stealth Rock, and Rapid Spin are more than enough reason for me to keep her.

Choice Band User:

[​IMG]
    Scizor (F) Choice Band
    Ability - Technician
    Adamant Nature
    248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-Turn
    - Brick Break
    - Pursuit

Ah Scizor... such an amazing Pokemon and she always seems to find her way on any of my teams somehow. A boosted priority Bullet Punch is so deadly, almost always 2HKO'ing the opponent if not a OHKO. I chose Brick Break over Superpower for two reasons: If my opponent has multiple Pokemon weak to Fighting, it could be useful to keep Scizor in, and Brick Break wouldn't lower any stats. Plus with Choice Band, it hits plenty hard if it's Super Effective, the only time I'd be using it. And it's also very useful if my opponent uses Dual-Screens, which is surprisingly common, I've found.

Choice Scarf User:
    [​IMG]
    Terrakion - Choice Scarf
    Ability - Justified
    Jolly Nature
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - X-Scissor

I've replaced my Reuniclus with a Choice Scarf Terrakion by suggestion of Novaray. The change was made due to my massive Fire weakness in Forretress and Scizor, and I use him to out-speed and kill Volcarona before it can do any massive damage to my team. At the same time, he makes an incredible sweeper and revenge-killer for my team with powerful STAB Close Combat and Stone Edge.

Sub-Disable:
    [​IMG]
    Gengar (M) Black Sludge
    Ability - Levitate
    Timid Nature
    4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Disable
    - Substitute

Gengar seems to be hated by many. Using his massive speed, he's always able to get off Substitute, and then turn around and use Disable to shut down the opponent. It's so funny to watch someone rage as this happens to them. Then using his massive special attack stat, I can turn around and blast them with Shadow Ball or Focus Blast for massive amounts of damage. Gengar is such an amazing Pokemon to use if you can master him.

First Physical Sweeper:
    [​IMG]
    Gyarados (M) Leftovers
    Ability - Intimidate
    Adamant Nature
    56 HP / 248 Atk / 204 Spe
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - Substitute
    - Dragon Dance

Gyarados was one of the core members I knew I had to have on my team. He's such a powerful beaste Substitute is used to build up defenses (if the opponent tries to use a status move or i'm facing a non-effective attack) and to shield from status, which Gyarados cringes at. Once he's safe behind a Substitute, I build up a couple Dragon Dances then go on the sweep, using Waterfall and Stone Edge for great coverage and massive amounts of damage. I use stone edge over bounce for a few reasons. Mainly more damage and better coverage. So many Pokemon resist or only take neutral damage from flying type attacks. Many more massive damage from a rock type

Offensive Dragon Dance User:
    [​IMG]
    Dragonite (F) Lum Berry
    Ability - Multiscale
    Adamant Nature (31 attack IVs)
    252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    - Outrage
    - Fire Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Dance

Dragonite, the absolute core of my group, the only one I wanted even more than Gyarados. Using Multiscale and backed with Forretress's Rapid Spin support, she is always to get off a Dragon Dance, and that is all she needs. Then she goes on the offense using Fire Punch or Earthquake to take out any annoying steel types, then blasting way the rest of my opponent's team using a STAB Outrage. She nearly always gets a OHKO when backed with a Dragon Dance. Lum Berry is there to protect from status or to break the confusion caused by Outrage, whichever comes first.

Well guys, that's my team. I appreciate any rates and advice from you all.

2. LilOuOn

LilOuOn

Hey man, try to make the team with images so it could be easier to read and understand, also; try to improve the descriptions of each poke. Remember using Introduction and Conclusion.
  3. Eleon

Eleon

They do have images...? >_> Not sure what thread you're looking at but there are two images of each Pokemon in this one. And there is plenty of description.
  4. Sayonara

Sayonara don't forget

Hey! Nice team, Eleon. I'd definitely go with Superpower over brick Break on Scizor, as it lets you OHKO Ferrothorn (after Stealth Rock), which would only be a 2HKO with a weak Brick Break.

CB Scizor's Superpower vs. 252 / 88 Ferrothorn = 90.34% - 106.81%
    CB Scizor's Brick Break vs. 252 / 88 Ferrothorn = 56.81% - 67.01%
  5. Nova

Nova Samsung Alpaca
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Hi Eleon

Solid team you have here, I really like seeing other people use Sub Dragon Dance Gyarados. Now looking at your team, I can see Choice Specs Tornadus-T, one of the strongest forces in the new Black and White 2 metagame, as being a major threat. He outspeeds your entire team and no member on your team has the special defense to take Specs Hurricanes. Scizor can hit it with a CB Bullet Punch, but can't OHKO with the Tornadus-T's improved defenses over its incarnation forme. Another threat is Volcarona with Hidden Power Rock. After a Quiver Dance, the moth outspeeds and OHKOs every member with Stealth Rock up. For these threats, I suggest replacing Reuniclus with a Choice Scarf Terrakion. Scarf Terrakion is one of the best revenge killers in the game and gives your team some much needed speed. He's able to dispatch of Tornadus-T and Volcarona with Stone Edge, outspeeding the latter even after a Quiver Dance. Scarf Terrakion also serves as a great cleaner after Gyarados and Dragonite have punched holes in your opponent's team due to his great Fighting/Rock STAB combination.

Now for some smaller changes. First, I agree with Expert Physics suggestion of Superpower over Brick Break on Scizor. The OHKO on Ferrothorn is critical to prevent it from stalling you out with a combination of Leech Seed and Iron Barbs damage if you opt for the weaker Brick Break. Superpower also gets the OHKO on Heatran who would otherwise wreck Scizor with its Fire STAB. Superpower also hits Chansey and Porygon2 harder who would otherwise prove troublesome due to their bulk. Next I would suggest Bounce over Stone Edge on Gyarados. Bounce provides better coverage alongside Waterfall and is also backed by STAB with a paralysis chance. This change allows you to get past Virizion and Ferrothorn who would otherwise wall Gyarados.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team!

Set:
    Show Hide

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    -X-Scissor

tl;dr
    Show Hide

Reuniclus ----> Choice Scarf Terrakion
    Brick Break on Scizor ----> Superpower
    Stone Edge on Gyarados ----> Bounce
  6. Eleon

Eleon

I will consider giving terrakion a try. However I don't use superpower because I don't have access to it. I have no way to get it on scizor. Same thing with bounce.

I've changed out Reuniclus with Terrakion per Novaray's suggestion. Which has left me with only one Special Attacker. Not sure how this will effect my team.
  7. Eleon

Eleon

Bump. Could use some more advice please. Worried about my lack of special attackers. Gengar is my only one.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)