Wreck and Destroy (Peaked #1)

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
Wreck and DestroyA Hyper-Offensive Team by Motagua

Hey guys, I decided to join Smogon community after the Purplesurge IRC server died. For those who know me, I´m Porta. For the people that do not know me yet, I served my pokemon career as a clanner being in great clans such as [SI], {MD}, and {UA}. I built this HO team, being inspired from one of my best friend´s team: Mostwanted. I would also like to thank him for all the support he gave me back in {UA}, since he was the one who reviewed my war teams, gave me advices and watched my war battles. This team peaked #1 in Smogon with 1609.

This team is an Hyper Offense team based on abusing Turn/Switch strategy forcing the oponent´s pokemons to take hazard damage and clean up with a possible sweep from powerhouses like Dragonite & Scizor. In other words, wreck with hazards and destroy with sweepers. However, because of the fantastic offensive momentum the team has, don´t be surprised if you end up sweeping with other pokemon. Also I don't really mind if you use this team, feel free to do so.

The Team:

Deoxys-D
@ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 20 SDef / 216 Spd (Suggested by Pocket)
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
Moves:

• Spikes: Sets up Spike layer to create more damage on the foe besides Stealth Rock beneficiating Rotom-w/Infernape/Scizor to abuse the Turn/Switch combo and force the opponent to switch out and rack up hazard damage.
  • Taunt: (Suggested by Pocket) This move is amazing on Deo-D. It trolls opposing Deo-D with the combination of Taunt + Magic Coat. Also it completely shuts down Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Haxorus, Dragonite, and so many other pokemons that try to set-up.
  • Magic Coat: It trolls faster pokemons that would Taunt Deo-D and gives me another chance to set more layers. It also works to bounce back status moves and opposing layers.
  • Stealth Rock: Obvious. First layer to set up because it hits all pokemons and breaks sashes.
Why this pokemon?:
A very important pokemon for the team that lays down hazards. I made myself this set based from Mostwanted´s bulky Deo-S lead. What makes Deo-D so different from Deo-S is that it has excellent 160 base Defenses meaning that even Scizor´s Choice Banded U-turn will never KO at full health. This means that Deo-D is guaranteed to get one layer, at least.
EVs, Item & Nature:
Because his defenses are already insanely high, I invested 216 Speed EVs that allow me to Taunt Adamant Haxorus before it does anything and pokemons that carry SR like Heatran, Mamoswine. It also outspeeds Modest Hydreigon and go for more layers before it goes down. The Rocky Helmet serves so many useful purposes on Deo-D: The recoil breaks Dragonite´s Multiscale if you were not able to lay SR, giving Deo-D more time to set-up. It also can reveal Choice items hidden on some pokemon like Terrakion (51.3% - 61.2% with banded Stone Edge). Dont sacrifice Deo-D like garbage, because it can really support and give crucial information to the team

Cadejo (Gengar) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Moves:

• Disable: It prevents the foe from using the move it used to hit Gengar. It works fantasticly under a Substitute and it trolls Choice-locked pokemons. Disable might give a chance for another pokemon to come in or Gengar can simply deal more damage.
  • Substitute: It protects Gengar from status moves and creates a decoy to take hits Gengar wouln't survive anyways. Once the foe's move is disabled (the only move that could hurt Gengar), Gengar will be free to set more Substitutes and wreck the enemy.
  • Shadow Ball: Gengar's STAB move. It hits Psychic and Ghost types for super-effective damage like Lati@s, Reuniclaus, Jellicent and other Gengars. Great overall coverage, being only resisted by Steel, Dark & Normal types.
  • Focus Blast: An amazing move that gives Gengar perfect & unresisted type coverage. It hits the pokemons that resist Shadow Ball or are inmune to it for super-effective or neutral damage.
Why this pokemon?:
Gengar´s main role in the team is to serve as a Rapid Spinner, blocking Tentacruel´s, Starmie´s, Donphan´s and Forretress´ attempts to eliminate Deo-D´s layers. Sub + Disable is a troll for walls and Choice-locked pokemons, but also, it can give an opening for another pokemon to come in or spam his attacks.
EVs, Item & Nature:
Max Sp.atk and Speed are obvious on this set to deal the most damage possible and outspeed HP Fire Lati@s. Black Sludge gives recovery to ameliorate Substitute's taken HP and it hurts Trick users that take this item.

ESPADA (Scizor) (M) @ Iron Plate
Trait: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 96 Atk / 168 SDef (Suggested by Pocket)
Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
Moves:

• Roost: It allows Scizor to recover the lost HP after switching into attacks increasing his life span on the battlefield. It works perfectly with Swords Dance giving him more time to set-up when its necesary.
  • U-turn: Amazing STAB move for scouting. It allows Scizor to initially mimic a Choice Band set forming a Turn/Switch combo with Rotom-w & Infernape. Most Dark & Psychic types, like Tyranitar and Reuniclaus, will flee avoiding to take a super-effective U-turn.
  • Bullet Punch: Scizor's main weapon and priority move. It checks the enemy's sweepers, like Terrakion & Dragonite, finishing them off before they act. After a couple of Swords Dance boosts, it can clean the field.
  • Swords Dance: Once Scizor is not required to fake a CB set anymore, Swords Dance raises his monstrous Attack to insane levels, killing anything that doesn't resist his priority Bullet Punch or U-turn.
Why this pokemon?:
Is it a sweeper or a hit-and-run pokemon? Scizor can be both. This set is based from Mostwanted´s bulky SD set and it functions amazingly with the team. Thanks to its bulk Scizor can come in repeatedly, Roost when it is necesary, switch-out giving momentum to the team alongside Infernape and Rotom-w, and set up to sweep the foe´s team when the situation calls it.
EVs, Item & Nature:
The EVs allow him to tank it the strongest special attacks in the OU metagame like Latios´s Draco Meteor, Rotom-w´s Hydro Pump, and weak un-invested HP Fires from pokemon like Espeon and Celebi. 96 Atk EVs allows you to 2HKO Offensive D-nite & Haxorus if you didnt got a chance to pull out a SD. An Iron Plate is used to bluff a Choice Band set, as well as giving more power to Bullet Punch, so it is advised you play this Scizor at the start of the game as a Choice Bander.

Whirlpool (Rotom-W) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
Moves:

• Trick:This move cripples the special walls that can tank Rotom-W's attacks like Chansey, Blissey and Gastrodon.
  • Volt Switch: It gives the offensive momentum the team needs with Scizor and Infernape. Rotom-W's STAB Volt Switch still does a lot of damage to Water & Flying types like Politoad, Skarmory, Tentacruel, Tornadus, Gyarados, etc.
  • Hydro Pump: Rotom-W's second STAB move. It has great coverage with Volt Switch and soaks the Ground types trying to absorb it. It also hits Fire and Rock type pokemons like Volcarona, Tyranitar, Heatran & Terrakion for super-effective damage.
  • Hidden Power [Ice]: The cherry on the top of the cake. It gives Rotom-W's an almost perfect type coverage hitting the Dragon & Grass types that resist his dual STAB combination. Its main purpose is to revenge kill DD Dragonite after rocks.
Why this pokemon?:
Its main role is to abuse Turn/Switch strategy alongside Scizor and Infernape forcing the opponent to rack up hazard damage. Also it is a fantastic revenge-killer capable of destroying offensive threats like Heatran, Gyarados, Dragonite and Gliscor.
EVs, Item & Nature:
I dont really need to explain a lot about Rotom-w. Modest nature is used to give Rotom-w more power because it outspeeds +1 Dragonite anyways with a Choice Scarf. Max Sp.atk and Speed are used to deal the highest damage possible.

El Bananero (Infernape) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
Moves:

• U-turn: Infernape's scouting move forming, in my opinion, the best Turn/Switch combo with Rotom-W & Scizor. It hits Lati@s switch-ins for super-effective damage, heavily weakening them for a priority kill.
  • Overheat: An excellent special attack that will hit the pokemon that can take repeated Close Combats for higher damage, like Gliscor. It also OHKOs the Steel, Grass & Bug types like Jirachi, Celebi & Scizor.
  • Stone Edge: This move is a piece of shit. Unfortunately, it is Infernape's best option to murder Volcarona and damage Salamence & Dragonite (The latter being OHKO´d after rocks).
  • Close Combat: Infernape's 2nd STAB move. Close Combat really deals a shit load of damage to most pokes that dont resist it after SR! Spikes makes it even better! For example, Quagsire is 2HKO´d after SR and 1 Spike layer damage.
Why this pokemon?:
When I made this team, I considered using Landorus and Terrakion. Landorus didnt really beneficiated this team and Terrakion would made this team look as a complete gimmick from Mostwanted´s team. When I played Infernape, not only I found an amazing pokemon to use, but also in my personal opinion, the best Turn/Switch combo abuse in B/W.
EVs, Item & Nature:
Max Speed and Attack are obvious to speed tie with other positive base 108 speed pokemons and deal the most damage possible, while the 4 EVs in Special Attack are just to power-up Overheat a little bit. Life Orb is used to power up Infernape´s great and mixed offensive stats.

Yoshi (Dragonite)
(M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
Moves:

• Outrage: Dragonite´s most powerful STAB move. It is only resisted by Steel-types and it pretty much rapes a lot of shit in OU after a DD boost.
  • Fire Punch: This move hits super-effectively the Steel-types that resist Outrage. Jirachi & Skarmory are 2HKO´d by this move after a DD, and it murders Forretress & Scizor.
  • Dragon Dance: Dragonite´s sweeping move. After a Dragon Dance, Dragonite hits 605 Atk and 389 Spd
  • ExtremeSpeed: Perhaps its prized gift is Extremespeed, capable of finishing faster, vulnerable and weakened Choice Scarfers like Landorus & Rotom-w.
Why this pokemon?:
I dont really have to explain about how amazing Dragonite is. Dragonite functions as the main sweeper on this team to abuse the layer damage and ravage the foe with its amazing power. Multiscale can guarantee one turn to set up, if Dragonite is at full health, giving him more chances to sweep the enemy´s team.
EVs, Item & Nature:
Max Attack and Speed are used to deal the highest amount of damage possible when sweeping. Adamant ensures Dragonite 2HKO´s Skarmory after a DD with Fire Punch, thus giving him more power. A Lum Berry allows Dragonite to escape troublesome status moves and cure Outrage´s side-effect of confusion.

Final Thoughts
The team has a similiar purpose like Mostwanted´s team had in the Deo-S era, however with the addition of Infernape, it is focused more in abusing at fullest the Turn/Switch combo rather than muscling through with sweepers. This team peaked me up to 1609 and keeps me in the 1500s without falling. This team has barely lost matches unless I screwed up or someone better outplays me. I haven´t used it on Smogon tournaments or other stuff yet, considering im new. However, do expect me to use it once I get involved.

Possible Changes

Here are some things I have considered to replace. Feel free to consider them, use them or suggest more:

• Change Scizor´s set from Bulky SD to Bulky CB: I fell in love with this guy. This leaves me thoughtful though, since SD + Roost were crucial late-game. It deserves more testing.
  • Change Mach Punch for Stone Edge on Infernape: Stone Edge is a piece of shit. That's all. Lol. This is the most thoughtful change I ever had on this team. Mach Punch will ensure Infernape revenge kills Terrakion, no matter if its Banded or Scarfed. I guess, it is your personal choice to decide whether going with Stone Edge to hit Volcarona and Dragons or Mach Punch to revenge kill Terrakion.
  • Change Infernape´s set from LO Mix to Scarf: (Suggested by BKC) Did I made a trend after this RMT :3? Why the fuck people are trolling HP Ice + Sleep Powder Venusaur ._. ? I had been testing him out, but I do miss the freedom of moves in certain situations.
  • Change Rotom´s set from Scarf to Expert Belt: (Suggested by BKC) I decided to test him out and found it really good at trolling Celebi´s with Signal Beam or Gastrodon with HP Grass :D. Unfortunately, it doesnt really gains something from freedom of moves, unlike Infernape. It kinda dissapoints me :/...
  • Change Overheat and Stone Edge for Flare Blitz and HP Ice on Infernape: (Suggested by Evire & Olman) Evire recomended HP Ice and Olman, a close friend on my country, Flare Blitz. Decided to run both since Flare Blitz would prevent me from being walled by Volcarona. HP Ice was GOD compared to Stone Edge, but unfortunately it was suicide with LO. I also tried Expert Belt, but I missed the 2HKO on Gastrodon and Quagsire with Close Combat. (Needed 3-4 hazards to gain it).

Identified Weaknesses
Here are some weaknesses I identified on the team:

• Choice Band Terrakion: In my opinion, this thing is the most powerful Choice Band user in OU. 2 great dual STABs that hit almost all of the OU pokemons, backed up with a sky high Attack, blazing speed and the raw boost of the Choice Band, it can really dent the team if it predicts correctly my moves.
  • Espeon + Gastrodon: By themselves, they cant do shit. But it the hands of a skilled player, this combination is annoying. While I was testing, people started to whore this guys together. It forces me to attack with raw power and not abuse my precious Switch/Turn.
  • Chlorophyll Venusaur: They dont really have time to set-up, but I found really annoying HP Ice variants with Sleep Powder.
As I said before, I dont ladder a lot in PO, barely 1 or 2 matches a day, but these are the threats I have identified so far that are able to defeat my team, by themselves. Of course, if you did some intensive testing with my team and found more threats, feel free to share it. I know some pokemons can threaten me with a boost like Conkeldurr or Virizion, but generally they dont have a chance to set-up considering you are abusing the Turn/Switch combo, and also based from my experience and play-style. I would like to give thanks to Pocket for suggesting excellent changes on Deo-D and Scizor, but don´t be discouraged if yours did not made me change something. I test all the suggestions people make on this RMT and choose what benefits best my team. ALL OF YOUR OPINIONS, GUYS, ARE IMPORTANT! FOR SOME REASON I ALWAYS TEST THEM :D.

Thank you for your attention and suggestions :]. You guys are great :D.

Here is an exportable version of the team:

Deoxys-D @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 20 SDef / 216 Spd
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Magic Coat
- Stealth Rock

Cadejo (Gengar) (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Disable
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

ESPADA (Scizor) (M) @ Iron Plate
EVs: 244 HP / 96 Atk / 168 SDef
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

Yoshi (Dragonite) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance
- ExtremeSpeed

El Bananero (Infernape) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Overheat
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Whirlpool (Rotom-W) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey Motagua, would you mind if I added this team to a guide harsha2014 and I are working on regarding Volt-Turning offense?

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
@mostwanted: Thank you seriously for all the support in these years :].

@harsha2014 & @Wario is OSSIM: I don´t really mind if you used this team on your guide. In fact, if you need more help regarding the information of the Switch/Turn core used on this team, send me a message or pm me in Smogon server. I will be glad to help :].

thats my son :]]]]]]].....its a pretty weird ass team but i have seen you use it and it works great...keep up the work :D

My boy porta nice team, but sense I don't play pokemon anymore can't really comment any feather... And dam ps really died out even more dam :/ o well I guess it was bound to happen maybe in a few year ppl might start the whole PS clans again.

I know you gave a shout out to most wanted, but this is just Apocalypse with Deo-D in place of Deo-S (pretty much the same thing, except ice beam) and Terrakion just swapped with Infernape. It's like reading the same RMT twice :S since 4/6 pokes have the same moves, ev's, and items.

Very impressive for it to get #1 twice on the ladder though. applause

The only immediate weakness I can see is Volcarona with HP Rock sets up a Quiver Dance. However, being an HO team I can see that being very hard to setup unless its in the lead spot. Bulky DD Gyarados or Scarf Landorus could help you with Stall and Volcarona, but having two rock weak pokes and Volcarona's inability to set up on HO probably makes it a non-issue.

This is one of the most badass RMT i've ever read, not just for the team itself, but also for the layout, and for the impressive 1600 Ladder Points!

You have many Fire-type resistances, Infernape, Rotom-W (x4) and Deoxys-D, which can sponge Fire Punches all the day, but i suggest to change Iron Plate on Scizor. I think Life Orb can be used effectively on the Bulky SD set, as causes a lot of switches and it's easy to find turns to Roost, but if you want to fake a CB set both Expert Belt and Occa Berry are really good. With the first, Scizor will score many more 1HKOs, while with Occa Berry can sometimes resist some attacks, especially Hidden Power Fire used by low-powered sweepers such as Timid Scarf Rotom-W or Espeon

Fantastic team, and gratz on reaching #1. Check out this Scizor set, it might be the one you are looking for:

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
Adamant Nature
- BP
- U-Turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Takes DM from Latios much better than the standard CB set, and still packs an immediate punch.

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
@Juanca529: Lol bro, you already saw me battling with this team xD. Thanks bro and gl with your team testing.

@SHOTTA: Thank you bro, and you should come back to activity for smogon, at least. PS is not officially dead, but it will be otherwise in the future.

@ThePillsburyDoughBoy: Everyone has their own opinions, and yours is acceptable as the rest. Neverless, I already explained on the RMT that I focus more on abusing Turn/Switch strategy on this team rather than muscling through, like mostwanted´s team with CB Terrakion and finish up with Dragonite. Anyways, thank you for your opinion :).

@Bruno Magno: Im glad you liked the RMT, considering this was my first one ever and Mostwanted had to help me a lot with editing before posting it. Occa Berry is not really a good option because I already tank un-invested HP Fires with the Sp.def EVs. Expert Belt sounds interesting though, but tbh Scizor doesn´t have a great coverage with only Bug/Steel attacks.

@skidilidy: That sounds like a really cool set to use. I´ll give it a try since it might solve my Deo-D issues! Thank you for it :D!

i usually run 252/0/4/0/252/0 with bold nature on deo-D, giving it max hp and pretty even defensive stats, but you would probably put more spa since it has ice beam.
but one thing, No Recover?!? with the evs above, and recover+night shade i would always get SR and 2 layers of spikes no matter what. i would put recover on it if you make it bulkier, but keep the current set if you don't change the evs.

also, i you said you might change scizor to CB. i would just give it more attack. the offensive swords dance set smogon has listen runs max speed, but if you put that and a little of the atk evs into bulk its much more powerful but still bulky. it depends though, you didn't mention what the bulk evs aloud you to live, so i don't know how much you need.

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
@Shineygengar: Deo-D already has enough bulk to take the most powerful attacks in OU, like standard CB U-turn from Scizor. It doesn´t has Recover, because once Deo-D sets his layers, it doesnt needs to stay unless the oponent still has an unscathed D-nite. It also worked as death fodder to give crucial information from pokemons like Terrakion. Stone Edge pretty much deals almost like 53.3% - 63.2% of damage and X-Scissor does like 56.6% - 67.1% with a Choice Band.

On Scizor, a max Atk/Speed spread isnt viable considering Scizor is able to take hits with the Sp.Def EVs. Rotom-w with Modest Hydro Pump deals 52.6% - 62.3%, on rain it deals 78.9% - 93% with only a 5% chance to KO after rocks. This is just to give you an idea on how amazing the Sp.Def investment works on Scizor.

EDIT: My concern on this Scizor was to get more power dealing enough damage to Deo-D while keeping his bulkiness. @skidilidy already mentioned a bulky CB set that its worth trying! Thank you anyways for your concern :9.

Expert Belt sounds interesting though, but tbh Scizor doesn´t have a great coverage with only Bug/Steel attacks.
The coverage isn't that big, but threats such as Tyranitar, Reuniclus, Terrakion will have troubles if they try to stay on the field. Also, you can fake a Choice Band set, especially in the first turns, where a Choice fake can really change a match.

I addiction, Scizor maybe needs more Atk EV too, this is a bulky set, ok, but 60 isn't enough for anything. Maybe not 252, as max HP are needed, a few Speed is ok, and something in SpDef is always helpful, but i would increase the 60.

I'm telling to a #1-peaked it has to change an EV spread... Weird

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I definitely suggest Taunt on Deoxys-D. It completely shuts down slower Stealth Rock users / Spikers / Set-up sweepers, such as Mamoswine / Ferrothorn / SD Lucario, etc. It also limits faster sweepers such as Terrakion, DDMence, Virizion to one boost, making them much more manageable.

I would keep Magic Coat, however, as it is necessary protection from faster Taunt users, such as an opposing Deoxys-D, prankster Sableye, or suicide lead Azelf / Aerodactyl. Essentially, I am supporting mostwanted's Deoxys-S set on Deoxys-D. The latter pulls it off better, imo.

Psychic wont be useful, imo, as the opponent would usually switch out their Fighting-mons for Scizor / Tyranitar that can easily dispatch Deoxys-D.

If Deoxys-D is using Taunt, Speed is important. I'd at least give it 294 / 297 Speed to outrun Adamant Haxorus / Modest Hydreigon. You can dump the remaining EVs into either Def or SpD.

I find it hard to belive that this team struggles with CB Terrakion, seeing how half of your team has the speed / priority advantage and Infernape speed-tying. If you want further insurance to Terrakion, you may certainly consider Mach Punch on Infernape, seeing how Infernape can simply U-turn out of unfavorable match-up against Dragonite / Volcarona. Make sure to change Infernape's ability to Iron Fist, though :d

As for your weakness to your own Deoxys-D. I would simply lead with your Deoxys-D and simply spam Magic Coat. Your Gengar is also a great answer against it, as it can set up a Sub and 2-shot Deoxys-D. Once Gengar forces it out, your opponent shouldn't be able to set up SR / Spikes, with your Volt-Turn combo bringing Gengar back every time they switch in their Deoxys-D.

Interesting options you could try on Gengar is Hypnosis over Disable. Sleep definitely works well on a fast-paced team such as this, never allowing the Pokemon to wake up again. Although it has shaky accuracy, Gengar has protection of Substitute. Alternatively, you could also try Sub LO Pain Split for a more deadly Gengar set (its Shadow Ball does 75-87% to Deoxys-D).

Congrats in your recent conquest of Smogon's OU ladder, Motagua. Very impressive.

Hey, welcome to Smogon Motagua! This team is awesome and you obviously know what you're doing, so I'm not going to do a full rate. However, you may want to change Gengar's item to Leftovers. Even though tricking away Black Sludge can be fun for a few turns, most opposing players are smart enough to trick it right back onto one of your other pokemon, effectively crippling them. Again, I love your team and can't wait to see another one from you.

Ugh, Porta, I remember you when I was in {UA}. Nice to see you again. Gratz in #1. Also that name on Infernape, lol, used to watch that 2-3 years ago.

I can't offer to much now, I see Magic Coat good if you don't invest on Speed, and make it a defensive wall, but if you use it as a Deo-S, it's better Taunt, I'm with Pocket.

I think abusing U-Turn + LO on Infernape is insane, I'd try a CB set with the same moves.
EDIT: Or Expert Belt. I just see the LO damage, sandstorm, etc. Though LO is good if you use it well, since Overheat doesn't KO without LO, though. I really dunno, I see it as Revenge Killer, too confused, I'd switch U-Turn for Mach Punch, so you don't have that many bad moments against Terrakion.

That's all, congratulations :D

This team is really similar to Mostwanted's and therefore has the same biggest weakness - Chlorophyll sweepers. Dragonite is your only check and if his Multiscale is gone, something that isn't very hard to do, you'll easily be swept by Growth Venusaur, who sets up with ease against half of Rotom-W's choice-locked moves. Dragonite + Scizor's dual priority isn't enough to take out variants that have invested in bulk to avoid such scenarios.

What you might want to do to fix this issue is try a Choice Scarf set on Infernape. While it's not as common as some of Infernape's other sets, it is extremely effective at revenge killing Chlorophyll sweepers, outspeeding them even in the sun, and abusing the weather effect to score a guaranteed OHKO. A simple 252 Atk / 252 Spe EV spread with a Jolly nature and moveset of U-turn | Close Combat | Flare Blitz | Stone Edge should work fine.

With this change, the Scarf on Rotom-W becomes redundant, so you can mess around with alot of different options - Choice Specs, bulky ChestoRest, and Expert Belt are what I'd test. Volt Switch, Hydro Pump, and HP Grass should be on all three sets (otherwise Gastrodon is a real pain for you to deal with), and then in the order of the sets listed, the last move should be Trick / Rest / Signal Beam. GL with the team, hope this helped and congrats on #1.

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
@Pocket:
I definitely suggest Taunt on Deoxys-D. It completely shuts down slower Stealth Rock users / Spikers / Set-up sweepers, such as Mamoswine / Ferrothorn / SD Lucario, etc. It also limits faster sweepers such as Terrakion, DDMence, Virizion to one boost, making them much more manageable.

I would keep Magic Coat, however, as it is necessary protection from faster Taunt users, such as an opposing Deoxys-D, prankster Sableye, or suicide lead Azelf / Aerodactyl. Essentially, I am supporting mostwanted's Deoxys-S set on Deoxys-D. The latter pulls it off better, imo.

If Deoxys-D is using Taunt, Speed is important. I'd at least give it 294 / 297 Speed to outrun Adamant Haxorus / Modest Hydreigon. You can dump the remaining EVs into either Def or SpD.
Amazing recomendation! Taunt + Magic Coat definitely deserves a shot. Also the EV spread you suggested is fantastic, and I will be using 294 Speed to outspeed Adamant Haxorus.

I find it hard to belive that this team struggles with CB Terrakion, seeing how half of your team has the speed / priority advantage and Infernape speed-tying. If you want further insurance to Terrakion, you may certainly consider Mach Punch on Infernape, seeing how Infernape can simply U-turn out of unfavorable match-up against Dragonite / Volcarona. Make sure to change Infernape's ability to Iron Fist, though :d
My problem about CB Terrakion is when it gets a chance to come in or switching into him considering I have no resistance to Rock. Iron Fist Mach Punch is a good option, but Blazed Overheat has helped me in crucial situations where it can take that 30-40% from Starmie or Latios switching into Ape. Neverless it deserves a test run and see how it might work out.

As for your weakness to your own Deoxys-D. I would simply lead with your Deoxys-D and simply spam Magic Coat. Your Gengar is also a great answer against it, as it can set up a Sub and 2-shot Deoxys-D. Once Gengar forces it out, your opponent shouldn't be able to set up SR / Spikes, with your Volt-Turn combo bringing Gengar back every time they switch in their Deoxys-D.
My own problem with my Deo-D is when I dont lead with my own, sometimes its risky. Sending Gengar is an excellent answer, but it wont really stop him from setting more layers considering Ape dies too fast to hazards and its an important member in my Turn/Switch core. Hypnosis definitely deserves a shot too considering that removing pokemons like Tyranitar & Scizor might come in handy.

Hey porta, absolutely awesome team here and good job on hitting #1 and 1609!! Porta too strawngg. Just would like to suggest Hidden Power Ice over Stone Edge on Infernape. It KOs Mence and Dragonite easily after rocks; and also your team doesn't look like it has much of a problem with Volcarona due to it being so fast and the fact that you have 2 priority users in Scizor and Dragonite. Real good job bro!

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
@2sly4u: Thank you for the welcome message :D. It isnt a real issue worrying about Black Sludge, I just switch Gengar on a predicted Trick or finish the Trick user with a faster pokemon.

@1996ITO: Thanks bro, good times back in {UA}. I remember you too, lol. Infernape trolls niggas with "ACM1PT" xD. Im strongly considering to use Pocket's suggestion of Magic Bounce + Taunt, as well as the EV spread he suggested.

@BKC: I already tried Scarf Ape as well. Sometimes the freedom of choosing moves on such as versatile pokemon as Infernape, was crucial on some of my victories. I never saw Chlorophyll users as a threat considering I just go for Fire Punch instead of setting up, since I can live a LO Sludge Bomb even after SR. I can give it another try though. Thank you :).

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
@Evire: Sup bro, thanks again for everything :D! HP Ice sounds interesting, and someone in PS actually recomended Expert Belt + Flare Blitz/HP Ice/CC/U-turn which sounded really appealing to me.

@Shineygengar: Thanks! Mostwanted helped me a lot during the editing of the RMT. Initially I had a lot of boring formatting xD!

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
My problem about CB Terrakion is when it gets a chance to come in or switching into him considering I have no resistance to Rock. Iron Fist Mach Punch is a good option, but Blazed Overheat has helped me in crucial situations where it can take that 30-40% from Starmie or Latios switching into Ape. Neverless it deserves a test run and see how it might work out.
Over Infernape, you could possibly try like a Bullet Punch & ExtremeSpeed SD Lucario who can take advantage of Terrakion locked into Stone Edge to set up. You lose a lot in Speed, but it is somewhat compensated by Swords Dance and priority.

My own problem with my Deo-D is when I dont lead with my own, sometimes its risky. Sending Gengar is an excellent answer, but it wont really stop him from setting more layers considering Ape dies too fast to hazards and its an important member in my Turn/Switch core. Hypnosis definitely deserves a shot too considering that removing pokemons like Tyranitar & Scizor might come in handy.
Yea, against another Deoxys-D lead, I'd just lead with Deoxys-D and Magic Coat any attempt to set-up / Taunt your Deoxys-D. Hypnosis on Gengar can stop Deoxys-D, but it's only 60% accurate. A more reliable way of Gengar stopping Deoxys-D would be Taunt. The move does come in handy in other situations, such as preventing Gastrodon or Chansey / Blissey from recover-stalling.

Like BKC, I am also curious as to how you deal with Gastrodon, since I can see it being annoying in disrupting the Volt-Chain combination in conjunction with its ability to spread annoying Scald Burns / Toxic poison. I assume you either Trick Rotom-W's Scarf or pull some aggressive double switches to Dragonite / Infernape? Losing the Scarf and giving Rotom-W HP Grass definitely helps, but then it cannot revenge kill Dragonite. I'd advise giving your Scizor 96 Atk EVs so it can 2HKO the offensive DDNite after Rocks with +0 Bullet Punch. The additional attack EVs also allows it to 2HKO Haxorus after Rocks, too.

Hey man, nice team you have here!

I really only have one thing i'd like to add to all the above comments, and that is to change your scizor set. I'm not too sure swords dance is much a help, considering most pokemon that switch into scizor can take both bullet punch AND u-turn. I wouldn't go to a CB set because you like the special bulk, so maybe try using superpower instead? Idk, just in my opinion when heatran, gyara, or other scizor-counters switch in, you're going to have to switch out anyway, wasting your SD. Also, superpower might be nice for hitting things like ferrothorn who think they'll come in on a banded bullet punch.

Anyway man, hope this helped a little, maybe not though haha. GL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)