Writer's Block.. The Scarlet Poet meets some Complications

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Scarlet Poet said:

Sonnet the Joltik (Female)

Nature: Mild (+1 SpA, -1 Def)

Bug: Bug STAB; more mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gains an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.

Abilities:

Compoundeyes: (innate) This Pokemon’s complex eyes give it a comprehensive view of the field, making its attack 30% (x1.3) more accurate.

Unnerve: (Innate) The Pokemon's presense causes immense tension in the opponent, preventing them from eating a held Berry. Natural Gift may still be used.

Swarm: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any Bug-typed attack is increased by 2. (eg Silver Wind goes from 6 to 8, X-Scissor from 8 to 10)

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 65
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:

String Shot
Leech Life
Spider Web
Thunder Wave
Screech
Fury Cutter
Electroweb
Bug Bite
Gastro Acid

Cross Poison
Disable
Faint Attack

Protect
Thunderbolt
X-Scissor

15 Moves

Limerick, the Shellos

Limerick the Shellos (Male)

Nature: Quiet (+1 SpAk; Divides Base Speed by 1.15, Evasion -10)

Type:

Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:

Sticky Hold: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is covered in a sticky substance that prevents item theft or swapping.

Storm Drain: (Innate) This Pokemon lures all water attacks to itself, altering their course away from partner Pokemon. It absorbs the water and increases its Special Attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Sand Force (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in Sandstorm conditions, using the power of the swirling sand to augment its Rock, Ground, and Steel-typed attacks. Each of this Pokemon's Rock, Ground, and Steel-typed attacks will have two (2) added to their Base Attack Power. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 29 (-)
Base Rank Total: 14

Attacks:
Mud-Slap
Mud Sport
Harden
Water Pulse
Mud Bomb
Hidden Power (Fire 7)
Rain Dance

Counter
Mirror Coat
Sludge

Ice Beam
Protect
Surf

13 Moves

Haiku, the Chimchar

Haiku the Chimchar (Female)

Nature: Lonely (+1 Atk, -1 Def)

Type:

Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:

Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)

Iron Fist (DW): (Innate) The Base Attack Power of this Pokemon’s “Punch” attacks is increased by two (2). (Known attacks effected: Bullet Punch, Comet Punch, Dizzy Punch, Drain Punch, Dynamicpunch, Fire Punch, Focus Punch, Hammer Arm, Ice Punch, Mach Punch, Mega Punch, Meteor Mash, Shadow Punch, Sky Uppercut, Thunderpunch)

Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 61
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 0/9

Attacks:
Scratch
Leer
Ember
Taunt
Fury Swipes
Flame Wheel
Nasty Plot
Torment

Fake Out
Counter
Thunder Punch

Protect
Dig
Brick Break

14 Moves
Complications said:
... Somehow when I posted Unown Soup I faile to recall that I even mentioned the arena in the rhyme... I have a feeling it will be a good day for Joltik.

Staryu (Soundwave) (Genderless)

Nature:
Timid (-Atk, +Spe, +22% ACC)

Type:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Illuminate:
Type: Can be Activated
When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intense light that blinds all opponents, reducing their Accuracy stage by one (1). The accuracy drop will last six (6) actions after the Pokemon is released.
Command: (Ability: Illuminate)

Natural Cure:
Type: Innate
This Pokemon’s body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time, it goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokemon heals all status effects when switched out.

Analytic: (DW) (Locked)
Type: Innate
If this Pokemon attacks after its target during an action, its attacks have two (2) more Base Attack Power.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 3
Spe: 98 (+)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 5/6
MC: 2
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Tackle (*)
Harden (*)
Water Gun (*)
Rapid Spin (*)
Recover (*)
Camouflage (*)
Swift (*)
Power Gem
Hydro Pump

Surf (*)
Ice Beam (*)
Thunderbolt (*)

Aurora Beam (*)
Barrier (*)
Supersonic (*)

Murkrow (Bec) (F)
Nature *Quiet: (+ SAtk, -Spe, -10 Evasion)

Dark: Dark STAB; immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.

Flying: *Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks except under the effects of Smack Down and Gravity, even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Will always hit foes with Dig (except other Flying types) and Dive. Cannot be hit by Dive unless the attacking Pokemon has a size class greater than four (4). Immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities
Insomnia
Type: Inate
This Pokemon is immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. It's normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage and energy/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action. If a Pokemon with Insomnia also has Vital Spirit, its accuracy is raised by one (1) stage permanently.

Super Luck
Type: Inate:
This Pokemon’s natural skill increases its critical hit levels one stage above other Pokemon, making its normal moves inflict critical hits 12.5% of the time and its high critical hit moves inflict critical hits 25% of the time.

DW: Prankster (Locked)
Type: Inate
The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Stats
Hp: 90
Atk: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 79 (-)
Base Rank Total: 15

Moves:
Peck
Astonish
Pursuit
Haze
Wing Attack
Night Shade
Assurance

Sky Attack
Mirror Move
Roost

Shadow Ball
Psychic
Protect
Two brave battlers enter into a swamp, testing their strength and bravery. However, they care not only about power, but also honor. They have agreed to civilized rules, consisting of the following:
2v2 singles
Beginner Battle
2 day DQ
1 substitution
2 recovers, 4 chills
No items
Switch =KO
All abilities
A murky forest. Mud decorates the forest-floor, and the trees are brown and yellow with decay. the s clouds. the ground in some parts is covered in dead brush, very much so indeed. the rotting trees are home to empty webs of past till remain, relics of a forgotten age.
Let the battle begin!

Scarlet Poet sends out mon
Complications orders
Scarlet Poet orders
I ref

Welcome my rival, the time has come
in the end who will say that they have won?
We shall find out quite soon, now its my turn to send
out a Sonnet, indeed; we have honor to defend!

Her body is tense, her first battle is set
But Sonnet you have no need to worry, stress, or fret!
I believe in you dear, you can do it i swear
Now let's see who he sends, if Complications dares!

It seems you are lucky, that electric resists
Cause Murkrow would make Joltic cease to exist

But still he can break
The bug's scrawny defenses
And prove that he
Has the better offenses.

Gooooo Bec
Let's start off strong!
Sky Attack-Wing Attack-Sky Attack
If Joltic uses Thunder Wave, sub that action for Protect.

So the matchup today is a bug and a bird?
Most people would see my choice as absurd
But if we are clever, and have some luck
Our high flying "friend" shall be a roasted duck!

~*~

Sonnet, here is what i would like you to do. Bec will fly very high to charge her Sky attack, but before she can even descend to fight you will strike! Give her a very potent Thunderbolt, one that will make her fall from her airy pedestal! your shock will make her attack futile; Zap her down from the air!

Next, i will ask you to concoct a sticky trap for our "friend"; one too many times a bird has made a petite bug like yourself its prey. Now, with your wits and abilities, we will turn the tides! Start getting the plan into your head, and began to spin your web. When she comes in for her wing attack, it will hurt, but its the perfect opportunity! Use a combination of your Spider Web and Electroweb moves to trap that bird! she came up close, and now she won't be able to escape! Tangled in our Shocking Web, Bec will become immobilized and hurt!

Finally, take a break. the combo will wear you out. No need to worry though, Bec won't be able to Sky Attack! The electrifying goo will hold her to the ground, and she won't be able to do a thing about it!

Thunderbolt~Electric Tangle (Spider Web +Electroweb)~Cooldown

if the Combo suggested fails or is not accepted by the ref, then
Protect~Electroweb~Disable Sky Attack

Sonnet
HP: 90 En: 100
Stats: 2/1/3/2/65

Bec
HP: 90 En: 100
Stats: 3/2/4/2
Sonnet and Bec face off in the dark woods, eager to prove their own superiority. Bec starts off, flying up, but not far up enough to avoid the incoming Thunderbolt, which hits Bec in a critical spot, making him caw in pain. He is unfazed, however, and swoops down, dealing almost as much damage.
Following up on his previous attack, Bec lunges at Sonnet with his wing, but it appears Sonnet has laid a trap for Bec. As soon as he was hit, Sonnet shoots electrical webbing out of his behind, trapping Bec. As Sonnet recovers, Bec tries to escape the webbing and attack the spider, but to no avail.
As the round ends, Bec is leading in health, but that webbing will surely hinder him greatly.
Bec used Sky Attack! (5/10) (3/10) (14+3+3)=20 dmg, 9 en
Sonnet used Thunderbolt! (1/16) (6/10) (10+3+1.5)*1.5=21.75 damage, 6 en

Bec used Wing Attack! (14/16) (6+3+3)=12 dmg, 3 en
Sonnet used Electric Trap! (6/20) hit 18 en
Bec was hurt by the trap! (3 dmg)

Bec couldn't use Sky Attack! 5 en
Sonnet cooled down!
Bec was hurt by the trap (3 dmg)

Sonnet
HP: 58 En: 76

Bec
HP: 62 En: 83

Tied to the ground: unable to make attacks that need you to go into the air, take 3 damage a round, +5 acc. Boost for opponent.

Splendid job my dear bug
The birdy's trap is tight and snug.
She won't escape soon, so attack away
Stun and hit hard, Sonnet, i pray!

Thunderbolt~Electroweb~Thunderbolt
no subs

Hahahahaha.
This is where you fall.
You forget that this bird is on the ground
And lightning don't hurt at all.

You lower my speed!? Yours goes down too!
Wing Attack-Mirror Move (Electro Web)-Shadow Ball

Sonnet
HP: 58 En: 76

Bec
HP: 62 En: 83

Tied to the ground: unable to make attacks that need you to go into the air, take 3 damage a round, +5 acc. Boost for opponent.
Bec used Wing Attack! (2/16) (6+3)=9 damage, 4 en
Sonnet used Thunderbolt! (14/16) (5/10) (10+3+1.5)=14.5 damage, 6 en

Bec used Mirror Move! (1/16) (5/20) (6+3+3)*.67=8.04 damage, 8 en
Sonnet used Electro Web! (5/16) (6+3+1.5)=10.5 damage, 5 en

Bec used Shadow Ball! (3/10) (1/10) (8+3)=11 damage, 6 en
Sonnet used thunderbolt! (4/16) (8/10) (10+3+1.5)=14.5 damage, 6 en

Sonnet
HP: 30 En: 59

Bec
HP: 13 En: 65

It's legal. The last set is a combo, which, according to a recent rule update, is legal. The Cooldown action overlaps into the next round... Unless you're talking about Protect+Roost, in which case Idk

No, only one combo. Protect is individual, and roost is individual, but the two sky attacks serve as a combo. Typically a combo is marked by ~ between moves instead of -.

i thought they were separate actions, but in your previous comment you typed Protect+roost. therefore i thought it was a combonation.

My apologies, i did not understand the situation. I've learned though.

Actions up in a moment

~*~

Our opponent is weary, she attempts to recover
shall we "troll", and make Bec cry for her mother?
Sonnet keep it coming, do not cease
only your victory can allow the forest peace!

Right from the start our opponent is going to deny our attacks entrance, Sonnet, so i think that would be the perfect time to restore some energy. Chill, and then set up a familiar trick! bec will roost, restoring energy by taking a small break on the ground. she should have gone airborne when she had the chance! Another Electric Tangle will do nicely, and will stop Bec from executing that deadly combo. As before, Cooldown as you watch the birdy writhe in your shocking web.

Chill~Electric Tangle (Spider Web+ Electroweb)~Cooldown

Sonnet
HP: 30 En: 59

Bec
HP: 13 En: 65

Bec used Protect! -7 en
Sonnet chilled! +12 en

Bec used Roost! -11 en, +20 HP
Sonnet used Electric Trap! -18 en
Bec was hurt by the trap! 3 damage

Bec couldn't move! -5 en
Sonnet cooled down!

Sonnet
HP: 30 En: 53

Bec
HP: 24 En: 42

the sun sets on us
darkness grabs at our tailcoats
we must keep fighting

~*~
Sonnet, please douse your opponent in power! hit hard and hit fast; Finish this quite quickly!

Thunderbolt~Electroweb~Thunderbolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)