Wynaut (QC 3/3)

Wynaut

Still WIP...
Will finish up when I have more time xP

[Overview]
<p>The taboo combination of Shadow Tag and its small but precise movepool once saw Wynaut and its evolution banned from standard play. With the introduction of 5th generation came a sharp power spike, leaving Wynaut more vulnerable to both old and new threats which now leave the little punching bag in the depths of RU. This is not all bad, however, as Wynaut is able to fill a niche that no other can achieve: the ability to revenge and cripple almost any Pokemon.</p>

<p>Unfortunately, Wynaut still has some rather glaring weaknesses. Its lack of recovery means its often able to only do its job once. Wynaut also remains susceptible to status and the ever common entry hazards. His performance is further hampered by Encore's nerf this generation, lasting a mediocre 3 turns as opposed to the previous generation's 4-8. As expected, Wynaut is also extremely weak to Taunt, which cripples it from doing its job effectively. Despite these setbacks, Wynaut remains an omnipotent threat that your team should always be prepared for.</p>

[SET]
name: Why Not in RU? (just following suit here...)
move 1: Counter
move 2: Mirror Coat
move 3: Encore
move 4: Safeguard / Tickle
item: Eviolite
ability: Shadow Tag
nature: Timid
evs: 12 HP / 252 Def / 244 Spe
ivs: 0 Atk

[SET COMMENTS]
- works well in ru due to lack of mixed attackers
- 4th slot is safeguard vs. tickle
- ev spread allows you to encore/tickle up to minimum speed base 60's (clefable and anything slower)

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
- if you need something stupid removed this is the pokemon to use
- timid nature + 0 attack ivs allow it to take minimal damage from confusion
- alternate spread of 12 HP / 252 SpD / 244 Spe timid
- alternate alternate spread of 196 hp / 252 def / 60 spe bold to outspeed min base 30's
- pairs well with pursuit user if using tickle
- likes wish support
- dugtrio + wynaut work surprisingly well together

[Other Options]
- destiny bond
- charm
- not much to say really...

[Checks and Counters]
- extremely powerful attackers can KO wynaut before it can do anything
- ghost type physical attackers and dark type special attackers
- taunt shuts it down
- losing eviolite makes wynaut a lot less scary via knock off or trick
- pursuit bait after a kill

[Dream World]
- lol

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
im not so sure about the ev spread, when talking to oglemi, he said that wynaut only needed enough speed to outspeed slowking and steelix and encore them, imo wynaut really needs the bulk. its up to you.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Probably mention Timid over Jolly, since it doesn't get any attacks, and Timid reduces confusion damage.

^ Timid and a 0 Attack IV.

As for the "extra bulk" question, 252/252 Impish Wynaut takes 82.5% - 97.5% from CB Entei's Flare Blitz. Take that for what you will, and no, I'm not saying to use 252/252 Impish Wynaut.

Choice scarf in OO? I don't know if its viable, but if its questioned as not being viable for OO, I might go and test it for you. And yes, I say this because of my username.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
- I'm fine with the main spread having that much Speed for Clefable and Weezing, but it should focus on one defense or the other, splitting your defenses is such a bad idea and you should know what Pokemon you want Wynaut to fuck over when you put in on the team (either Fighting-types/etc., or special attackers). So, in short the main spread should be: 12 HP / 252 Def / 244 Spe with 12 HP / 252 SpD / 244 Spe in AC

- Another EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD (or whatever outpaces Steelix/Slowking) needs to be in AC as well for the exact reason that Eon gave and because it does give you a little more bulk in the defense that you want it to.

QC APPROVED 1/3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)