Gen 4 X Factor, The Finals: Celebi's Dream Comes True! (A DPPt OU Warstory)

SkullCandy

She Bangs The Drums
is a Contributor Alumnus
Warstory: X Factor, The Finals: Celebi's Dream Comes True!

Hey there Smogonites! First a disclaimer to my opponent Quantumpencil: I’m sorry it took me so long to post this (almost two years!) I forgot about it when we first agreed to do it and only discovered it again recently. I lost your comments near the end so there’ll only be mine, but if you do spot this thread, feel free to PM me with anything you want to add!

This battle was fought in the DPP metagame when Salamence and Latias were still OU (B/W player thinks “Those two? But they’re not that great.”). They were. Which is why it’s pretty cool to see a match with neither Dragon-type.

Anyway onto the battle...

SkullCandy’s team:

Quantumpencil’s team:

I’m using a pretty odd team. As you can see it’s almost entirely specially based which can give me difficulties with that chubby pink blob Blissey. However my whole team is centred on taking her out and allowing Empoleon and Rotom-H to sweep. Tentacruel sets up Toxic Spikes so that Blissey can’t stay in for long, Scizor can pursuit her, Swampert gets Stealth Rock down so she keeps taking damage and Rotom-H can actually beat her 1 on 1 thanks to Substitute and Charge Beam. The main reason I made this team so specially based is because on offensive teams I like having a main attacking type (either Physical or Special) because most offensive teams only pack one physical/special wall. However, I decided to go for Special because hardly anyone ever uses more than one Special wall, even on stall (apart from maybe Tyranitar, but he isn’t a massive problem for this team).

Rules:
-Ladder Match
-Sleep Clause
-Freeze Clause
-OHKO Clause
-Evasion Clause
-Species Clause
-Strict Damage Clause
-Soul Dew Clause

Battle text will be bolded.
SkullCandi’s commentary will be like this.
Quantumpencil’s commentary will be like this.
Quantumpencil’s Pokémon, which are also on SkullCandi’s team, will have an asterisk next to them.
Leftovers recovery will be mentioned once, and then omitted.
Poison Heal recovery will be mentioned once, and then omitted.

SkullCandi sent out Swampert (lvl 100 Swampert ?).
Quantumpencil sent out Metagross (lvl 100 Metagross).

Metagross leads are great for this team. Swampert 2HKO’s with Earthquake and can then set up Stealth Rock. Sometimes I go for the rocks first, but I really don’t want this thing to literally blow up in my face, so I go for the 2HKO.

Ok, I see Swampert; which is usually a very good sign for my team. It’s total set-up bait for Breloom, especially when it’s a lead, so I go ahead and make the switch, expecting Stealth Rock or *perhaps* Earthquake.

Quantumpencil switched in Breloom (lvl 100 Breloom ?).
Swampert used Earthquake.
It's not very effective...
Breloom lost 28% of its health.
Breloom was badly poisoned!

- 100%

- 100%

- 72% - Badly poisoned

Hm. That could have gone better. I’m definitely not staying in now. Breloom can play with Swampert like a kid with a rag doll so I’m switching to my 100% sure-fire Breloom counter. The one...the only...

Went pretty well; I don’t usually sleep Swampert unless there is a particular need, as I like to wait to activate sleep clause later, so I decided to go ahead and sub up.

SkullCandi switched in Celebi (lvl 100 Celebi).
Breloom used Substitute.
Breloom lost 25% of its health.
Breloom made a substitute!
Breloom's Poison Heal restored health!Breloom restored 12% of its health.

- 59% - Badly poisoned
- Sub
- 100%

Perish Song Celebi! Stop laughing. This baby is a complete beast. She hard counters Breloom, CroCune, Calm Mind Jirachi, Baton Pass teams (lol) as well as last-Pokémon set-up sweepers. I’m running the standard set of Grass Knot/Recover/U-Turn/Perish Song with a Physical spread so I feel pretty safe that Breloom won’t be touching my team. I go ahead and use Perish Song to force it out, bring Swampert back in and set up rocks.

He sends in a Celebi; at this point, I know this is going to be annoying, since Celebi resists both of my attacks; but hey, I have a sub up, so I’m under no offensive threat, and I saved my Spore right? Who better to use it on.

Celebi used Perish Song.
Both Pokemon will faint in 3 turn(s)
Breloom used Spore.
Celebi fell asleep!Celebi's perish count fell to 3!
Breloom's perish count fell to 3!

- 71% - Badly poisoned

- Sub
- 100% - Sleep

He decides to Spore. Can’t really see why... My best guess is that he wants to see how defensive my Celebi really is before formulating a plan for taking it out.

Well this is crap; Perish song Celebi... alright, it just means you’re going to have to predict around later, and put it to sleep before it gets a chance to sing you to death. I decide to go ahead and inflict some damage now, before I need to switch out, since my sub is still up.

Breloom is tightening its focus!
Celebi is fast asleep!
Breloom used Focus Punch.
Celebi lost 26% of its health.
Celebi's leftovers restored its health a little!
Celebi restored 6% of its health.
Celebi's perish count fell to 2!
Breloom's perish count fell to 2!

- 83% - Badly poisoned

- Sub
- 80% - Sleep

Yes Celebi! Show that overgrown shroom that even a lil’ pixie can take his punches, focused or not! On a serious note he’s probably going to switch out now but I decide to stay in to get a bit of Leftovers recovery, he hasn’t go Stealth Rock up so it should be okay.

A week hit, but I expected as much. Celebi is still asleep, so I decide to send in Heatran to force a switch, as I’m pretty sure he’ll bring Swampert back in to deal with it, thus giving me another go-around with Breloom.

Quantumpencil switched in Heatran (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
Celebi is fast asleep!
Celebi's perish count fell to 1!

- 100%

- 86% - Sleep

I’m going to switch to Swampert now. I strongly doubt that he would predict the switch so early on and go for the Hidden Power [Grass] (or if he even has it) so I decide now is a good time to get those rocks up.

SkullCandi switched in Swampert (lvl 100 Swampert ?).
Heatran used Dragon Pulse.
Swampert lost 18% of its health.

Definitely a Scarf set. Probably Fire Blast/Earth Power/Explosion/Dragon Pulse. (Do any support sets run Dragon Pulse?)

Here comes Swampert; all is well at this point; so I go ahead and bring Breloom in.

- 100%

- 88%

Swampert used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!

Good. I got rocks. Having seen half his team already I know that he isn’t too badly hit by Stealth Rock (or at all by Toxic Spikes, which is annoying) but I need to make sure Salamence can’t just come in for free. Now he’s got Breloom in again I’m going to switch to Celebi for another round of Master Chef: Onion vs. Mushroom.

He sets up rocks; which is fine, rocks don’t really hurt me too badly. I’m expecting a switch to Celebi the next turn, so I go ahead and use spore, hoping to put it out of business before it gets a chance to sing; I need to get pretty lucky, as I ideally need it to stay asleep for five turns or get a crit, but hey, I’m not really threatened, so why not.

- 95% - Badly poisoned

- 94%

Breloom used Spore.
Celebi fell asleep!

You know the drill. I sleep, wake up and Celebi goes for her X-Factor audition.

And there we go; everything worked according to plan.

- 100% - Badly poisoned

- 92% - Sleep

Celebi is fast asleep!
Breloom used Substitute.

Still not really worried; everything on my team handles Breloom well, apart from Swampert and Empoleon. So even if he does get a crit I can always rely on Rotom-H or Scizor to take him out.

I go ahead and sub up; on second thoughts, I probably should’ve used Focus Punch here; but I wasn’t sure if he’d stay in or switch, so it seemed safer.

- 87% - Badly poisoned
- Sub
- 98% - Sleep

Celebi woke up!
Celebi used Perish Song.
Celebi's perish count fell to 3!

I get lucky with a one turn sleep. I go for the Perish Song again to force him out and rack up more damage for my eventual Empoleon sweep. Okay now I need to break that sub and start putting on some offensive pressure, so I U-Turn out of there.

Déjà vu? Oh well, whatever, I go for the Focus Punch

- 100% - Badly poisoned
- Sub
- 78%

Celebi used U-turn.
A critical hit!
The substitute took damage for Breloom!
Breloom's substitute faded!
SkullCandi switched in Rotom-h (lvl 100 Rotom-h).
It doesn't affect Rotom-h...

I got lucky again with that crit. But then again Rotom-H isn’t exactly threatened by Breloom so it didn’t matter in the long run. Here I’m going to go with the sub to start accumulating some boosts and maybe sweep. From what I’ve seen, his team is quite sub Rotom-H weak.

Rotom eh? This happens to be the way I always stop Breloom, Scizor/Rotom/Heatran, something breaks the sub (usually Scizor with U-Turn), Rotom comes in on the Focus Punch, threatens OHKO... alright, I can deal with that. He still hasn’t seen my Heatran, so I decide to go ahead to bring it in to absorb the Overheat; The only other option I’m considering for him at this point is Tricking me a scarf; which I don’t mind, since my Heatran’s Scarfed anyway.

- 100% - Badly poisoned

- 100%

Pointed stones dug into Heatran.
Heatran lost 12% of its health.
Rotom-h used Substitute.
Rotom-h lost 25% of its health.
Rotom-h made a substitute!

Predictably, he brings in Heatran (an excellent Rotom-H counter for all you B/W players out there). Now I don’t want to get a Charge Beam boost for nothing so I go for the Hidden Power [Fighting] to get some solid damage, then I’ll switch to Tentacruel when he’s locked into Fire Blast to set up Toxic Spikes.

He uses Substitute.... alright, that’s not quite what I expected, but I can deal with it. I need to break his sub in order to threaten him, but I don’t want Heatran to take a big dent from Rotom’s Thunderbolt, as I’ve a feeling he’s going to be very important to me if I’m going to bring down that Celebi; so I decide to switch out, expecting a Thunderbolt, I send in Flygon.

- 87%

- 81% - Sub

Quantumpencil switched in Flygon (lvl 100 Flygon ?).
Pointed stones dug into Flygon.
Flygon lost 6% of its health.
Rotom-h used Hidden Power.
Flygon lost 28% of its health.

He switches in Flygon. I can see that he wanted to intercept the Thunderbolt but I don’t actually run it. I’m going to hit it with Shadow Ball and then KO with Scizor when it’s locked into Outrage (what other attack is he going to use?)

At this point, I wasn’t quite sure what to do.... I didn’t have a good enough idea of the rest of my opponents team; were he not behind a sub, I would’ve given Earthquake some more consideration, since the standard Rotom can’t do much to Flygon; as it is though, I decide to go for Outrage to break his sub, and pull his steel out. I figured I’d probably be able to take the hit he dished out, even if it was Shadow Ball, hit his switch in, and then switch out, as today’s been a pretty good day for me luck wise.

- 66%

- 87% - Sub

Flygon used Outrage.
Flygon went on a rampage!
The substitute took damage for Rotom-h!
Rotom-h's substitute faded!
Rotom-h used Shadow Ball.
Flygon lost 48% of its health.

That did decent damage. Now I need to get out of there and go to the omnipresent locust that is Scizor.

Broke his sub; he used Shadow Ball, but that’s alright; I knew he wouldn’t stay in next turn, and I’d get to see which steel he was running.

- 18%

- 94%

SkullCandi switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Flygon used Outrage.
Scizor lost 25% of its health.

Scizor is in and ready for action. I get a lucky two turn Outrage, meaning that it’s ‘bye-bye’ fly-fly. I hate Bullet Punching early game but there’s not much else I can do, seen as Scizor is the only one who can take an Outrage comfortably.

Ah... Outrage did last three turns. Dammit -_-. Oh well, not a big deal. He’s gonna kill me with Bullet Punch, I’ll switch in one of my fires and force Scizor out, and probably get a bulky water on which Breloom can set up.

- 18%

- 75%

Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Flygon lost 18% of its health.
Quantumpencil's Flygon fainted.

- Fainted

- 75%

SkullCandi: 6 Quantumpencil: 5

SkullCandi switched in Tentacruel (lvl 100 Tentacruel ?).
Heatran used Fire Blast.
Heatran's attack missed!

He brings Heatran in, and I switch to Tentacruel to take the blast. It misses but I doubt it would have done much anyway. I go ahead and get those all important Toxic Spikes down incase of Blissey (only later do I realise how fucking pointless this was!)

He switches to Tentacruel; Fire Blast missed but oh well; I’m sure he knows I’ll switch so he probably wasn’t going to go for a surf, so I could either bring in Rotom and threaten with Thunderbolt, or give operation Breloom another shot. I choose the latter.

- 75%

- 100%

Pointed stones dug into Breloom.
Breloom lost 6% of its health.
Tentacruel used Toxic Spikes.
Toxic Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!

(Tentacruel thought to himself as he chucked highly venomous barbs at his opponent’s team’s feet “Why don’t people ever just jump over the spikes? I mean what am I doing? Coating the whole field? I don’t think so. My own team would get killed. And for that matter why doesn’t Celebi get poisoned when she uses something like U-Turn? Surely she goes over to the other side to hit the Pokémon?”)

Toxic Spikes; Meh, I don’t care, they really don’t hamper my team at all, as they’re all immune. Surely, knowing I can’t KO him, he’ll try and get a second layer up, as he unfortunately doesn’t know how useless Toxic Spikes are against these Pokemon. I decide to attack. I’m sure he’ll switch in his Celebi soon, but this time I’ve got a plan; instead of trying to outstall it, I’m going to trap it and kill it with Scizor after Spore (Which I should’ve done to begin with, but eh, Hindsight is 20/20)

- 100% - Badly poisoned

- 100%

Tentacruel used Toxic Spikes.
Toxic Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
Breloom used Seed Bomb.
Tentacruel lost 49% of its health.

OK now I need to get out. Two more hits and I’m toast. I switch to Celebi to wall his Breloom again.

Ok, two layers of Spikes are up... this would be the most logical time to switch. I go ahead and use Spore.

- 100% - Badly poisoned

- 57%

Breloom used Spore.
Celebi fell asleep!
Celebi's leftovers restored its health a little!
Celebi restored 6% of its health.
Breloom's Poison Heal restored health!

Blah blah blah Perish Song blah blah blah Spore blah blah blah Substititute blah blah blah Focus Punch.

And out comes Celebi! Life is good. I go ahead and switch in Scizor.

- 100% - Badly poisoned

- 80% - Sleep

Quantumpencil switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Pointed stones dug into Scizor.
Scizor lost 12% of its health.
Celebi is fast asleep!

- 87%*

- 86% - Sleep

Fuck. That’s what happens when you get lazy kids! I am in trouble here. His Scizor can Pursuit for heavy damage or U-Turn to scout. Either way, I’m going to Empoleon now. U-Turn won’t hurt too much (it does 33.7% - 39.4%) and I can start sweeping with that sweet, sweet Petaya boost.

Scizor used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
Celebi lost 56% of its health.
SkullCandi switched in Empoleon (lvl 100 Empoleon ?).

I’m actually glad he Pursued me. I still have enough bulk to take a Focus Punch without rocks and Empoleon can easily set up on Scizor’s Pursuit.

Wow, bulky Celebi is bulky. One more iteration though, and I could have him. Plus he’s much weaker now, so if I can predict and spore once more, it’s much more feasible for me to beat him with Breloom. He brings out Empoleon; obviously I’m not staying in, I send in Rotom to take whatever and threaten back with Thunderbolt.

- 87%*

- 29%

- 100%

Go you gorgeous penguin, go!

Quantumpencil switched in Rotom-h (lvl 100 Rotom-h).
Pointed stones dug into Rotom-h.
Rotom-h lost 12% of its health.
Empoleon used Substitute.
Empoleon lost 25% of its health.
Empoleon made a substitute!

Now I have a sub up I’m going to use Agility and then keep subbing until Torrent and Petaya kick in.

He subbed... him. Probably Agility Sub-Petaya Empy. I hate these. Well, the sub has to be broken, so I go ahead and use Thunderbolt; seeing no better options, as switching to Flygon on the Agility would not be a good idea.

- 94%*

- 75% - Sub

Rotom-h used Thunderbolt.
It's super effective!
The substitute took damage for Empoleon!
Empoleon's substitute faded!
Empoleon used Agility.
Empoleon's speed was sharply raised.

(Yes that is a trident on my face. Who are you to talk? What are you anyway? The illegitimate offspring of a Poltergeist DVD raping a Transformers DVD?)

Ok.... I’m still not too threatened. Unfortunately, my team has issues with this poke; at this point I’m trying to get it weak enough that I can kill it with Metagross and Scizor’s Priority moves, so the Thunderbolt-Sub war continues.

- 100%*

- 75% - +2 Speed

It's super effective!
A critical hit!

At this point I’m thinking “I’ve won.” There was nothing on his team that could kill me and a +1 Surf or Ice Beam annihilated everything he had to offer. All I need is for Empoleon to survive 2 Bullet Punches and it’s gg.

More Thunderbolt sub.

- 100%*

- 50% - +2 Speed

SkullCandy

She Bangs The Drums
is a Contributor Alumnus
It's super effective!

Words cannot express how much I raved when this happened. I have been known to be a pretty sloppy team builder and often playtest a team a couple of times before realising that Scizor has no Atk EVs or that Flygon is holding Choice Specs and not Choice Scarf, but this was something else. On what was possibly the key moment of the match I go ahead and fuck up my central Pokémon’s EVs. I can’t believe it!

Alright.... I was expecting the berry to trigger, but the berry did not trigger. Hmm... good for me though, I use Thunderbolt again. He’s more than likely going to kill Rotom, but that’s fine.

- 100%*

- 25% - +2 Speed

It's super effective!
Empoleon's Petaya Berry raised its special attack!

In hindsight I shouldn’t have subbed again. Had I killed it I could have taken a BB from Scizor/Metagross (thus activating Petaya) and killed whoever hit me, back. Also If I had died to Thunderbolt, my own Rotom-H could have come in, subbed and started to kill his whole team. Anyway as Quantumpencil said; hindsight is 20:20.

There goes Petaya.

- 100%*

-
1% - +2 Speed +1 Sp.Atk

Empoleon used Surf.
Rotom-h lost 100% of its health.
Quantumpencil's Rotom-h fainted.

Well I killed Rotom-H (which is really good because Rotom-H can fuck my team up majorly). Here comes Scizor to put a bullet in my skull.

There goes Rotom -_-. I go ahead and send out Scizor for the Bullet Punch, as I severely doubt he’ll try to save it at this point, knowing I have two priority attackers.

- Fainted*

- 1% - +2 Speed +1 Sp.Atk

SkullCandi: 6 Quantumpencil: 4

Empoleon lost 1% of its health.
SkullCandi's Empoleon fainted.

Emperor’s last stand. Here comes Rotom-H for some more Charge Beam fun.

- 75%

- Fainted

SkullCandi: 5 Quantumpencil: 4

SkullCandi switched in Rotom-h (lvl 100 Rotom-h).
Rotom-h used Substitute.
Rotom-h lost 25% of its health.
Rotom-h made a substitute!

I thought he would probably switch Heatran in again. I’m going for the kill. I’m running Substitute/Hidden Power [Fighting]/Shadow Ball/Charge Beam. I’ll hit him with Charge Beam then KO with Hidden Power. I should be able to survive a Fire Blast thanks to the HP EVs Rotom-H has. He could always miss!

I was expecting him to attack Scizor; he did not, but instead used Substitute. Oh well, I go ahead and try to break the substitute with Fire Blast, confident that Scizor can handle his Celebi, and after that Breloom has this thing in the bag. Even if I don’t kill his Rotom, I’m going to hurt it bad enough with Fire Blast that I can take it out with priority.

- 63%

- 81% - Sub

Heatran used Fire Blast.
The substitute took damage for Rotom-h!
Rotom-h's substitute faded!
Rotom-h used Charge Beam.
Heatran lost 25% of its health.
Rotom-h's special attack was raised.

Yes! Now I might actually get some sweeping done! Oh wait...priority. Well at least Heatran’s going down!

- 38%

- 87% - +1 Sp.Atk

Heatran used Fire Blast.
Rotom-h lost 78% of its health.
Rotom-h used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Heatran lost 38% of its health.
Quantumpencil's Heatran fainted.

Ok Heatran’s dead but so am I pretty much. Time to sacrifice Rotom-H to get something in for free.

This is some Rotom set... lol. Anyway, He’s low HP, so I send in Metagross for the Bullet Punch.

- Fainted

- 10% - +1 Sp.Atk

SkullCandi: 5 Quantumpencil: 3

Quantumpencil switched in Metagross (lvl 100 Metagross).
Pointed stones dug into Metagross.
Metagross lost 6% of its health.
Metagross used Bullet Punch.
Rotom-h lost 10% of its health.
SkullCandi's Rotom-h fainted.

How embarrassing... to be beaten by something you’re supposed to hard counter. Here I make quite a big misplay. I should go to Swampert to lure Breloom, go straight to Scizor and keep gaining momentum with U-Turn. But instead I do this.

And his Rotom is down; since Scizor never invest in speed, I decide to just use Earthquake with Metagross and see what happens.

- 94%

- Fainted

SkullCandi: 4 Quantumpencil: 3

Metagross used Earthquake.
A critical hit!
Scizor lost 73% of its health.
Scizor used U-turn.
Metagross lost 36% of its health.

How harsh the hax gods can be...Anyway Quantumpencil gets a crit with Earthquake pretty much fucking Scizor for the rest of the game. Anyway I’m going to go to Celebi to Recover and Perish Song it.

He doesn’t go for the Superpower, and luckily for me, I get a crit on the Earthquake; He uses U-Turn and throws Celebi in. Argh. I decide to damage it as much as I can with Metagross, so I go for Meteor Mash, for a few turns in a row, hoping for those attack boosts.

- 58%

- 35%

- 2%

Celebi used Recover.
Celebi restored 50% of its health.
Metagross used Meteor Mash.
Celebi lost 34% of its health.

Okay. I’ve got some health back. Now I’m going to Recover a bit more to get to some sort of respectable health so Scizor can’t Pursuit me to death.

-
58%
- 63%

Celebi used Recover.
Celebi restored 37% of its health.
Celebi lost 39% of its health.

(How can an onion recover? I mean do I just peel of a layer and voila?)

- 58%

- 67%

Celebi used Perish Song.
Both Pokemon will faint in 3 turn(s)!
Celebi lost 40% of its health.
Metagross's perish count fell to 3!

Now that I actually have some HP I can keep stalling the Meteors until he dies or switches out.

Yargh; I got sung. Wonderful. I keep using Meteor Mashes, hoping I’ll be able to crit his Celebi or something before I switch out.

- 58%

- 33%

Celebi used Recover.
Celebi lost 37% of its health.
Metagross's perish count fell to 2!

Ditto...

- 58%

- 52%

Celebi used Recover.
Celebi restored 47% of its health.
A critical hit!
Celebi lost 75% of its health.
Metagross's perish count fell to 1!

Oh ffs! He gets another critical which puts me at Pursuit-level health. I’m going to U-Turn now to hit the incoming Scizor and put my own Scizor in.

YES! A Critical Hit; Celebi is now weak enough that Breloom can handle it. I’m confident he knows what I’m up to, and I need to switch, so I decide to send in Scizor; hoping the fear of being in a position where he can’t switch into Focus punch is frightening enough that He’ll stay in and Recover; Then the threat of U-Turn will force him to switch, and Breloom will take him out, and I can Pursuit him. As long as he doesn’t go ahead and switch...

- 58%

- 31%

Celebi used U-turn.
Scizor lost 7% of its health.

Now I regret putting 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD on the mantis. Unless this is a SpD variant I am going down without touching him.

- 56%*

- 31%

- 1%

Scizor lost 1% of its health.
SkullCandi's Scizor fainted.

As predicted. I now have Tentacruel, Celebi and Swampert, all of whom can be taken out with one or two U-Turns. Now is my chance for attack. I’m going to send Swampert in now to take on whatever he switches in. I have a sneaking suspicion that it’s going to be Breloom, so I’m going for the Ice Beam. If he switches in Metagross this could very well be good game.

- 56%*

- Fainted

SkullCandi: 3 Quantumpencil: 3

Swampert used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Breloom lost 74% of its health.

The risk paid off. I was hoping Ice Beam would do a little more, but what can you do. I can’t risk a double switch to Scizor by putting Celebi in so I decide Tentacruel is the way to go. If he stays in and Spores I will probably lose, but he doesn’t want to sleep Celebi so I reckon he’ll Focus Punch in an attempt to kill my little onion.

- 56%

- 100%

- 32% - Badly poisoned

SkullCandi switched in Tentacruel (lvl 100 Tentacruel ?).
Breloom used Seed Bomb.
Tentacruel lost 54% of its health.

He went for Seed Bomb (face palms). To be honest it was the best move to go for. It would kill Swampert if it tried to predict the Focus Punch with Ice Beam, and could KO my Celebi with a crit. I’m going to try and get as much damage on it as possible before going down so that my Celebi can kill it with U-Turn.

- 44% - Badly poisoned

- 9%

Tentacruel used Surf.
Breloom used Substitute.
But it failed!

Excellent. He went for the sub, but Tentacruel’s amazing 100 base Speed put a stop to that. I keep spamming Surf in hope that his team gets weak enough for my three walls to take it down.

- 31% - Badly poisoned

- 15%

Quantumpencil switched in Metagross (lvl 100 Metagross).
Pointed stones dug into Metagross.
Metagross lost 6% of its health.
Tentacruel used Surf.
Metagross lost 27% of its health.

I’m not too sure why he switched out there. Seed Bomb would have KOed, but then again so would have a U-Turn from Celebi. This is a critical moment in the match. If he had left Breloom in he would have won because, even though Celebi would have KOed Breloom, his Scizor and Metagross could easily have taken out Swampert and Celebi. I need to KO Metagross though because that threat of Explosion is horrible.

- 25%

- 21%

Metagross used Bullet Punch.
Tentacruel lost 13% of its health.
Tentacruel used Surf.
A critical hit!
Metagross lost 25% of its health.
Quantumpencil's Metagross fainted.

Yes! If I can KO one more Pokémon then this game is over thanks to Perish Song.

- Fainted

- 14%

SkullCandi: 3 Quantumpencil: 2

Tentacruel used Surf.
Scizor lost 32% of its health.
Scizor used Pursuit.
Tentacruel lost 14% of its health.
SkullCandi's Tentacruel fainted.

I have to bring Swampert in now because I can’t risk another round of continually swapping between Swampert and Celebi lest he predict my switch. I’m not going to use Earthquake, because if he switches, then it’s I’ve lost my chance to finally win this game.

- 12%

- Fainted

SkullCandi: 2 Quantumpencil: 2

Scizor used Pursuit.
Swampert lost 14% of its health.
Swampert used Ice Beam.
Scizor lost 11% of its health.

Wow. I was so sure he was going to switch out here. Anyway, one more Ice Beam will kill him and then it’s gg (as my prophetic comment will tell you).

- 1%

- 92%

Scizor used Pursuit.Swampert lost 14% of its health.
Swampert used Ice Beam.
Scizor lost 1% of its health.
Quantumpencil's Scizor fainted..

Okay let’s wrap this up now.

- Fainted

- 84%

SkullCandi: 2 Quantumpencil: 1

SkullCandi: gg,warstory?
Breloom used Spore.
Swampert fell asleep!
Swampert is fast asleep!

Shit. I was not expecting him to Spore. Now Swampert’s asleep he’s a complete sitting duck. I need to switch to Celebi in case Breloom uses Substitute. However, if he uses Focus Punch he could win this game outright. I’m not sure how defensive my Celebi is but I’m fairly certain Breloom could KO with Focus Punch. It’s a small chance but still...

- 37% - Badly poisoned

- 90%

Quantumpencil: yeah, I'd be game
Quantumpencil: This is fun
SkullCandi: kk, this is gunna be close
Celebi lost 27% of its health.

Come on Celebi you absolute don! No one smacks you about and gets away with it. Sing this motherfucking mushroom to death!

- 49% - Badly poisoned

- 10%

Celebi used Recover.
Celebi lost 25% of its health.

All I need to do is get some health back, Perish Song and I win.

- 61% - Badly poisoned

- 41%

SkullCandi: few....
Quantumpencil: Nice
Celebi used Recover.
Breloom used Substitute.
---
SkullCandi: time to sing >.>
Breloom is tightening its focus!Celebi used Perish Song.
A critical hit!
Celebi lost 57% of its health.
---
Celebi used Recover.
Celebi lost 27% of its health.
---
Celebi used Recover.
Celebi restored 25% of its health.
Breloom's perish count fell to 1!
---
Celebi used U-turn.
The substitute took damage for Breloom!
A critical hit!
Swampert lost 81% of its health.
Breloom restored 11% of its health.
Breloom's perish count fell to 0!
Quantumpencil's Breloom fainted.
SkullCandi wins!

- Fainted

- 46%

- Fainted

SkullCandi: 1 Quantumpencil: 0

Quantumpencil: wow
Quantumpencil: That was my best battle today, I think
SkullCandi: nice game
SkullCandi: gg same
Quantumpencil: from an aesthetic point of view, at least

A great swan song, from the best Celebi there is, pulls through and wins me the game.

And now for props and slops...

Props:
  • Celebi for proving that more unorthodox sets have the potential to be extremely deadly.
  • Rotom-H for doing the same.
  • Swampert for setting up rocks and doing solid Swamperty stuff all-round (tanking hits and hitting hard)
  • Quantumpencil’s Scizor for taking out Empoleon, my Scizor, Tentacruel and for generally being a thorn in my side.
  • Quantumpencil’s team for being COMPLETELY IMMUNE TO TOXIC SPIKES

Slops:
  • Me for being a complete idiot and not EV’ing Empoleon correctly.
  • My Scizor for being pretty useless.
  • Quantumpencil’s Metagross for being not getting the rocks that probably would have won him the game. (Proving once again how essential Stealth Rock is).
  • Me for being a lazy fucker and posting this two years late.
There it is. My first warstory! Please be nice! (Or not.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)