1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

X-Men Mafia

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by matty, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matty

matty I did stuff a long time ago for the site
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Mutants and humans have always had a strained relationship. Ever since the 1950s when mutants were discovered to be scattered throughout the world, many have seen them as lepers and untouchables. Over the decades, mutants began organizing themselves asking for equivalent rights as normal citizens. And while change has been slow and forth coming many were recognized. The main proactive mutants have always been the X-Men, founded and facilitated by Charles Xavier. While the struggle for equal rights has been a long process, many have made headway.

[​IMG]

However...

A group of mutants have stood in the ways of change, bent on keeping all Mutants across the world safe and growing a prosperous race of new, mutated humans. These mutants are known as The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Founded by Erik Magnus Lehnsherr aka Magneto, who's one goal has been to irradiate anyone that stood up to mutants, and protect anyone willing to join the mutant cause. Regardless of the costs, Magneto has become a terrorist in the eyes of the U.S. Government. When Magneto's demonstrations began to get out of hand and ended in civilian deaths the U.S. Government stepped forward.

[​IMG]

Headed by Senator Robert Kelly, the U.S. Government commissioned a secret project known as the Sentinels, to hunt down and eliminate or capture as many mutants possible. The Sentinel project was successful at first but after outcry from the international community and protesters was forced to shut down. The program still continues under Classified Information for the U.S. Government. Reports recently have revealed that the Sentinel Army created by the Omega robot, Master Mold, have become self-aware and have split off from government control. They now rule themselves still programmed to kill, capture and exterminate anyone they come across.

[​IMG]

In a world full of super-powered humans and self-aware robots, who will come out on top to control a mutant-human future?

Rules List
    • Deadtalking will be allowed to some extent. Conversations between a dead player and his teammate are allowed, but only if they are discussing strategies and moves. Knowledge acquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player. All talking with the dead when they are not on your team is therefore ill-advised.
    • Days will last either 48 hours or 24 hours after the first lynch vote is cast.
    • No copy and pasting Role PMs on Night 1
    • Nights will last either 48 hours or until all pms are received.
    • All pms should be sent to matty and Serenity
    • If you do not wish to use a day or night ability you should send a pm to matty and Serenity stating "Day/Night X - Idling"
    • No screenshots of any kind may be distributed at all.
    • You may c/p anything that I say to you, which means you can fake conversations with me.
    • I should be notified of all channels, spreadsheets, google docs, paste bins, etc that you create.
    • You can hold and give/receive as many items as you want. Items are given away at the very end of the day or night after everything has transpired and received at the beginning of the next day or night. To give away an item, send a pm to matty/Serenity stating "Day/Night X - Giving 'Item' to User".
    • Priorities are set and kept secret.
    • You can target dead bodies with your abilities, but it does not mean that anything will happen.
    • If you wish to change your vote during lynch you must edit the post containing your initial vote.
    • Please remain active. Don't join if you forsee yourself being away for any extended amount of time. I really hate subbing people out but I will do so if I deem you inactive (I will nudge you first)
  2. Serenity

Serenity

Player List:
    1. Lesm46
    10. Earthworm
    14. Pyromanic- Taken Hostage (Night 3 - Night 7)
    15. porygon3

Deceased:
    23. YoshiKing - Lynched Day 1 - Sentinel Army - Mark III (Kidnapper)
    7. Stoo - Killed Night 2 - X-Men - Professor X (Role Checker)
    13. Blue_Light - Lynched Day 2 - Brotherhood of Evil Mutants - Magneto (Killer)
    24. Sikh Assassin - Killed Night 3 - Brotherhood of Evil Mutants - Toad (Martyr)
    16. Outlaw - Lynched Day 3 - X-Men - Storm (Safeguard)
    9. Kharozz - Killed Night 4 - X-Men - Cyclops (Mayor)
    17. KnightoftheWind - Killed Night 4 - Nightcrawler (Redirector)
    19. Gmax - Killed Night 4 - X-Men - Collosus (Bodyguard)
    22. Jedil - Lynched Day 4 - Neutral - Deadpool (Ability Absorber)
    25. Team Aether - Killed Night 5 - X-Men - Arch Angel (Reverse Martyr)
    11. Scrubs - Lynched Day 5 - Sentinel Army - Mark I (Hooker/Bodyguard)
    5. Bass - Killed Night 6 - X-Men - Shadow Cat (Reporter)
    20. billymills - Killed Night 6 - Brotherhood of Evil Mutants - Juggernaut (Bodyguard/Safeguard)
    21. Macle - Killed Night 6 - X-Men - Jubilee (Torch)
    3. Jimbo - Lynched Day 6 - Sentinel Army - Master Mold (Converter/Power Absorber)
    12. pookar - Killed Night 7 - Brotherhood of Evil Mutants - Mystique (Inspector/Killer)
    6. askaninjask - Killed Night 7 - Brotherhood of Evil Mutants - Sabertooth (Post Restricter)
    8. Accent - Killed Night 7 - X-Men - Iceman (Hooker)
    4. Lightwolf - Died Day 7 - Neutral - Senator Kelly (Inspector/Predicter)
    2. MS - Lynched Day 7 - X-Men - Beast (Question Asker)

Replaced:
    Day 1 - -Zer0- was banned from this forum. He was replaced by Accent.
    Night 2 - Mingot had been idling too much. He was replaced by billymills.
    Night 3 - RB-Golbat requested to be subbed out on Facebook. He was replaced by Earthworm.
    Night 4 - Rory had to take a leave for a week. He was replaced by Macle.
    Day 6 - moi failed to send in PMs too many times. He was replaced by Lightwolf.

Winners:
    18. Toothache - Night 7 - Neutral - William Stryker (Kidnapper/Killer)

The Village is victorious! Congratulations to the X-MEN!
  3. matty

matty I did stuff a long time ago for the site
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

All role PMs have been sent out

[​IMG]

It is now Night 1. Night 1 will end in 48 Hours, or when I receive all Night PMs.
  4. Team Aether

Team Aether

Is it night 1 right now?

Edit: Never mind.
  5. Stallion

Stallion Joe Cool
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Yes it is night 1 now Team Aether. Ok so I am going to claim right now, I am Beast, a.k.a Dr. Henry Philip "Hank" McCoy. My character is a prominent one and so therefore it is very difficult to fake.

I am going to try and unite this village early, so I would like everybody to PM me with their character name as soon as possible, failure to comply will mean that it is obvious that you are unprepared mafia.
  6. Outlaw

Outlaw

Oh hey Lonel-...Heeeeey
  7. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Hey Stallion, it's me LonelyNess.

Stop stealing my mafia tactics.
  8. Stallion

Stallion Joe Cool

Sorry LN, I can't help it if I idolize you ^_^
  9. moi

moi

you need better ideals.
  10. Team Aether

Team Aether

LonelyNess, you're not even in this game, so it doesn't matter.
  11. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

moi learns from the best
  12. Team Aether

Team Aether

And the best is?
  13. Stallion

Stallion Joe Cool

(not jackal)
  14. Team Aether

Team Aether

lol. Whoa, Jackal, I just looked at your avatar. All I have to say is wow.
  15. Pyromanic

Pyromanic

I haven't received my role PM.
  16. Jimbo

Jimbo take me anywhere
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Jackal where'd you get that picture of darkie................?

anyway
    Pyro matty/rev probably sent it to Pyromaniac just like I did in OP Mafia lol

also can't you not paste pms tonight.....??? Ms trying to godkill people :O! don't trust him aaaa
  17. Stallion

Stallion Joe Cool

You can still tell a person your character and role lol.
  18. blue_light

blue_light

I am sure Stallion is a good mafia player, but he is not Lonelyness, I'm not sure if he's ready to head a village all by himself. People feel free to claim to me I am Emma Frost, the current leader of the X-men which is a bit more prominent than the Beast.
  19. Outlaw

Outlaw

Emma is bad news in the comics though.
  20. porygon3

porygon3

I am jubilee everyone contact me!!

(I'm not jubilee)
  21. Pyromanic

Pyromanic

I don't know my role,everyone contact me.
  22. Team Aether

Team Aether

That's pretty stupid.
  23. Outlaw

Outlaw

I guess we have our first lynch target.
  24. Team Aether

Team Aether

Wow. That is just.....wow. I'm amazed.
  25. porygon3

porygon3

why are beast and nightcrawler both good blue guys but mystique is blue and evil???
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)