1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

X5Dragon Dances all D-Nite (PS: #1; PO: Smogon #1, Beta #27)

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by X5Dragon, Sep 8, 2011.

1. X5Dragon

X5Dragon

Heya guys I'm doing fairly well in this new, Deo-S metagame thanks to Jirachi.

Update is for new Volca EVs, new moveset for Starmie and new mon, Jirachi. Enjoy ^_^
  2. MrSwagger

MrSwagger

Can you make a post with any or all changes you made to this team?
  3. Evire

Evire

You have quite a problem with Heatran; the only thing that can take it is Cloyster which isn't gonna switch into a lava plume etc. well. Maybe Earthquake on Dragonite? I always find that Earthquake / Dragon Dance / Fire Punch / Outrage is pretty good coverage.
  4. hemtae

hemtae

Your opening statement about not having any hazards is now a lie lol. Also what is Jirachi and formerly Latios doing so much better than what Zapdos was doing?
  5. X5Dragon

X5Dragon

Yeah lol I can't just keep posting new mons and just leave everything else as is, so I made changes to everything, including listing former members and why I chose to change them.

You are right Heatran is a huge problem to this team, so I gave back HP Ground back to Volca and she has the most Heatran body count on the team +1 Outrage also takes out 50% of Switching Heatrans health so that's another way I take care of it. EQ gives Nite complete coverage but I find myself needing to finish off dying pokemon a lot more often. I dunno maybe with Scizor here I can try using EQ instead and see if it works :)

Also, Luv Discs, lot's and lot's of Luv Discs plz ;_;

In case your wondering at the time of this post I'm at 1501 at Rank 15. I'm taking a wee bit rest before I try to break my current record.
  6. |DarkSector|

|DarkSector|

sup bro, this team is really cool and it shows a great way to antimeta...

nothing to suggest, i would use something like life orb on that dragonite... thats to give some more power to espeed, wich helps you revengekilling treaths and it allows outrage to smash steel types even after an only ddance. (heatran mainly)

a little nitpick is that you should replace x-scissor with bug bite on scizor, it has more power with technincian (xscissor: 80+stab=120 ; bug bite: 60 + 50%= 90 + 50% = 135)... or you could replace it with quick attack that allows you to hit nape / volcarona / jolty / weakened scarf tom-w.

im gonna try it if its ok for you . :)
  7. X5Dragon

X5Dragon

Sup Dark, thanks for the compliments :)

I already have 2 LOs on this team and D-Nite fears status so much as well as getting confused after Outrage. Then again I'd welcome more ESpeed power as well as Outraging steels harder so that's another thing I'm gonna try on Nite along with replacing ES with EQ.

Hmm intresting thing about Scizor there. I'm leaning more to Quick Attack at the moment and If I don't like what I see I'll just stick to the Bug Bite STAB instead, thanks!

Sure no problem tell me how it works for you :)
  8. PkmonTrainer Grey

PkmonTrainer Grey

SCIZOR HAS MY NAME D: other than that AMAZING TEAM lol :D
  9. MaestroXXVI

MaestroXXVI

Normally i would suggest 184 Spe to outrun 220 Spe Modest Magnezone, but a quick glance at the usage stats tells me that not only are most Zone running 252 Spe, but also they're tending to run Timid for some weird reason (Zone wants all the attack power it can get)...so Scizor can't even outspeed them...the absolute lowest I would go is 100 Spe to hit a final stat of 191, which outruns no investment Heatran...though I recommend 112 Spe to outrun the speed creepers...

Put the rest in HP for bulk, resulting in 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe Adamant
  10. Rewer

Rewer
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Use bug bite instead on scizor, it's stronger.
  11. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I would actually suggest Mostwanted's Scizor: U-turn > Bug Bite and Iron Plate > Life Orb. U-turn will let you be in a favorable position, which is important for this team, and Iron Plate lets you avoid losing health each time you U-turn, while keeping Bullet Punch's power intact.
  12. HardCore

HardCore

SD scizor is definately what the team needed. Now that fast SD scizor is common however you'll have to still stay on alert. I know my guard is officially up. Great great team with just adding scizor.
    Lo, SD, bug bite, Super power, bullet punch. Is probably the best set for the team for taking out bulky trans and other scizor with ease even at =1 after the use of Super power. In our battle +1 LO
    was enough to ohko my scizor, which had a few evs on hp. Keep up the good work teammate.
  13. X5Dragon

X5Dragon

I'll make sure Scizor wears your name proud then ;)

Alright, updated Scizy's moveset and demonstrated why LO SD Scizor is a beast and the best clean up service you can ever call at the end of a match and the fun is all over. Also Omastar gets a well deserved mention too.

Wait a second, your Scizor had HP evs and I still OHKO'd him at +1? Damn O_o
    Thanks HC and everyone for the encouragement, I'm getting a lot of flak because of accusations I'm bumming this team when in reality this is the only team I can play with until I got some inspiration somehow.
  14. X5Dragon

X5Dragon

I've made the leap from number 5 to 2 and jumped from 1525 to 1580 so I guess that proves I'm doing something right with Scizor here.

I need advice quiet frankly, Breloom's set isn't working for me anymore and I'm contemplating either removing him or changing him in a way that makes him much more than a random sporer/rain rapist. Also, I had Psychic because of the number of Conks I used to face and sometimes they get one bulk up too many or Gengar spinblocking stuff so Starmie was there to save the day. Trouble is there are no more Conks where I'm at..so what to do? Surf for Heatran or Grass Knot for those Jellicents?

Thanks in advance!
  15. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Congrats on the enormous peak :0

Since Rapid Spinning is Starmie's main mission, I suggest going with Surf / Hydro Pump and Thunder. After Rain Dance, Surf and Thunder have no problems scoring an OHKO on Gengar and a 2HKO on Jellicent; Tyranitar also has a good chance of being one-shotted in the Rain. Hydro Pump provides you a more definite chance in scoring an OHKO on TTar / Sableye / Scizor (it also 2HKOs TTar in Sand) in the rain.

You may also want to try the currently popular Bulk Up Breloom for some bulk that can dismantle non-Specs Rotom-W / Scizor / Landorus volt-turn combo. Drain Punch + Poison Heal keeps Breloom alive. Since you have Scizor for the strong priority, I think you can afford to make this change on Breloom.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb | Poison Heal
    Careful | 236 HP / 212 SpD / 60 Spe
    Drain Punch | Seed Bomb | Spore | Bulk Up

EDIT: Another option is giving Breloom Stone Edge or Facade, so that it's not set-up bait for Dragons and Volcarona, over Swords Dance or Mach Punch on your SD Breloom.
  16. X5Dragon

X5Dragon

Thanks Pocket!

I like your suggestions and thankfully because decay doesn't start kicking until three days or so I'm gonna test these two in another alt to know their limits and how to use them effectively before making the changes in the main.

I think I'm going with Bulk Up set first seeing how with Dragonite the best I can do is just break it's MS which I can do without SE or Facade and I won't be outspeeding most Volca's out there.
  17. X5Dragon

X5Dragon

We all knew this day would come. After reaching 1591 and defeating the number 1 player on OU (these positions change daily so don't assume any names here), I kind of thought this is a good time to give this team the rest it deserves. Also the new metagame kind of influenced my decision even though I can maintain a top 20 rank I have no heart to do the changes I need to attempt another peak.

So thanks everyone, it was a blast that started from June. I made last changes to Scizor's section, Bug Bite instead of Quick Attack and added some mons in the list too.

Maybe when Techniloom is released I'll revisit this team. Until then...

Edit 1: Better yet I may continue with this team on DW OU Ladder to see how it fares and do something else in the meantime in BW OU. Hint, it has something to do with hail and porgyon-Z :)
  18. mklo14

mklo14

well I've read over lots of comments and looked at the team and like everyone has said it is really solid! I'm really happy someone else is using rain dance starmie :D. I have him on my team! A suggestion to this though is that you switch pychic for thunderbolt, or thunderwave. Yes you'd lose stab but the status paralysis gives you can cripple a lot of sweepers, and a lot of your pokemon would love the other team to be crippled with paralysis! That comboed with a pokemon asleep thanks to spore, can easily cripple good portions of there team!

Lastly this is only a small problem in my eyes, but four out of six of your pokemon have some sort of boosting move meaning they have to take a turn to setup. This I believe could be problematic on teams with one or more taunters, or teams with lots of priority. You may consider chaning one of these pokemon to a banded or scarfed pokemon, so you can quickly destroy. PErhaps (even though it isn't used all to often) a banded dragonite that would have instant power in their face. But i'm still somewhat new to this so take thes comments or leave em :D.
  19. Tepig

Tepig

Isnt your Standard OU team missing a pokemon?
  20. X5Dragon

X5Dragon

Actually I don't know how I forgot to change Starmie's moveset but I was running Surf and T-wave instead of Psychic and Ice Beam lol. Rain Dance RS Starmie is p[orbably one of the best support mons you can ask for ^_^

A banded Nite sounds good in theory, I have tested him before and his ability to take out Quag is always wlecome. But with bands and scarfes comes loss of freedom and status weaknesses. I prefer to wait for Techniloom to be released so I can one shot Terrakion and such. I'm leaning to Scarf Terra from what I've seen from him.

Um No Tepig I'm sure everyone is accounted for :)
  21. X5Dragon

X5Dragon

I really hate bumping stuff especially a topic that should rest for a long time but in light of recent developments yesterday I have a correction to make, this team has actually peaked at number 1 and certain people who will look at the screen shot will know why exactly and for those who won't know, its suffice to say that this team peaked at number 1 and that's all ;)

So there you go, numba 1 ^_^.
  22. FastFlygon

FastFlygon

Gratz on finally reaching #1. I have to say I really enjoyed watching the development of this team since you showed how a team can evolve over time and gradually improve until it becomes something extraordinary. So yeah awesome job.
  23. Razza

Razza

In case anyone is wondering in the screenshot, zeldoon the number 1 alt is suspected of cheating on ladder.

I've watched you play this team on ladder ever since the rmt was made and it has come a long way since then. I always thought that having 2 sr weak mons with focus sash that aren't immune to ss was stupid but you really make it work, and whilst initially I would see you as an "easy win" on ladder as the team developed I started losing to you more and more often. I think that Breloom is definitely the weakest link on the team. It's replacement should be able to beat jellicent who can be annoying for Cloyster, volcarona and scizor. I would recommend a swords dance Lucario with crunch to replace Breloom. It still has priority and fighting stab and can also take care of jellicent to allow volcarona and scizor a shot at a sweep.

Anyway congratulations on the number 1 spot you have definitely earned it, and I look forwardto seeing your next team :)
  24. toshimelonhead

toshimelonhead Raising Whitney's Miltank

Congrats on #1 man! Well deserved.
  25. MaestroXXVI

MaestroXXVI

Congratufuckinglations, man. Awesome.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)