X5Dragon's Double Dragon Team

Peaks so far:

Top 75 Player (Smogon Server, it crashed and offline'd right around the time this team matured so you never know where I can go next)
Top 100 Player (PO server, but they don't count :P)
Beat a 1600er once :3

---

First of all Dragons = Hell :cloud: !

No walls, 4 physical attackers to 2 special attackers (due to the dominance of special walls), 2 priority users, 2 multi attackers, 3 dancers, all of them can set up and sweep when the opportunity arises. Alright, I've been messing with this team since eternity, and I've got to say I am very proud at the progress I've made...well I should make progress, I've played over 2000 matches already lol.

Alright, let's get to it:

----

Dragonite (aka Nobolite) @ Life Orb

Ability: Mutliscale
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 atk, 252 spd, 4 HP

Fire Pwnch
Extreme Speed
Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance

The OD of the OG, the only consistent member of my team and the last remaining mate, and by looking at his stuff it's not hard to see why:

1. Kill off dying pokemon, take enough damage out of speedy pokemon to ensure a KO with the next one or even kill them after a single DD

2. Take extremely powerful hits with Multiscale, set up in the same turn and then take revenge

3. Brute Physical Attacker:

(dat 403 attack base)

4. Can hit all pokemon (with the exception of Flash Fire Heatran) for neutral damage

5. In comparison with his rival Sally, he has MS and can reliably set up without needing a sash or scarf, he has access to Extreme Speed and Fire Pwnch so you can totally dedicate his EVs to max attack instead of Fire Blasting and Mix Mence

------

Breloom(aka Wall-E) @ Toxic Orb

Ability: Toxic Heal
Nature: Jolly

Spore
Sword Dance
Mach Punch
Seed Bomb

I needed something that can kill walls, and two of them spring up to mind immediately: Water/Ground Pokemon and Jellicent/Blissey. So it's not hard to imagine why I resorted to him:

1. He kills walls, exterminates them to be exact.

2. His spore gives me loads of opportunities to setup depending on the often confuses reaction of the foe infront of me.

3. Priority user with good stab

4. Rids me of exadrill and ttar and if I must, his +2 seed bomb can outgun an ice faning gliscor too. So he's basically my sand team counter.

5. Kills those annoying SR Swamperts or Unware Quagsires or stubborn Gastrodons like Marie Antionette and cake.

6. Face to face with Verizion, his spore and ability to heal while others sleep and set-up at the same time gave him the edge. Can't wait for techniloom to be released, I imagine he would be even more deadly.

7. Against swift swimmers he is the one I use to kill Kabutops

------

Cloyster (aka OneManArmy) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Skill Link

Shell Smash
Razor Shell
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast

He linkin, dey hatin! He smashes, they hulk! This dude is awesome, he single evenhandedly gave me a push through the ladders like no one else. He takes care of everything annoying and evil in pokemon:

1. Taunting whimscott = bye bye

2. MS Dragonite, Subcalming Latias, Scarf Latios and Hydregion, Intimidate Sally or any other dragon for that matter = bye bye

3. SR Deo = dead

4. Rapid Spin

5. Rock and Ice 100 base, 100% accuracy attacks FTW.

6. Dat 160 base defense

7. Owns Baton Pass teams

8. Against swift swimmers he is the one I use to bait and kill Kingdra

9. His sash is bait for speedy pokemon like Terrakion, Land or Thundurs who expect me to Shell Smash or get killed by them in one hit, only to get pwned when my turn comes, they never see it comin:

(Me and Cloyster after a match)

---------------------

Haxorus (aka Hax) @ Lum Berry

Ability: Rivalry or Mold Breaker

Dragon Dance
Outrage
Dual Chop
Earth Quake

Why dual chop with outrage? Why HIM instead of another physical dragon like Flygon and Sally? Why so serious? Well...

1. It hits like a bloody truck. 432 attack FTW.

2. It takes expected status inducers and sets up on their wasted turn, or gets another outrage for free instead

3. The above makes him the favorite lead against Hypnosis Ninetails and usually takes half the team with him. So Sun teams are also in my pocket

4. Dual Chop helps me with sashed dugtrios so my sweep doesn't stop arbitrarily, and it also helps me with those endeveor pokemon or when my Lum berry is consumed and I want to save my outrages for the last

5. His monotype saves me a lot against those ice beams, he has a much higher base attack and when all three dance his wins first prize in effectiveness.

6. Garchomp was banned ;_;

---------------

Volcarona (aka Infernug) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 spa, 252 spd, 4 HP

Quiver Dance
Fiery Dance
Bug Buzz
HP Water

Master sweeper (I can sweep even rain teams after one QD), criminally underated for those who can't play him right and clean his path from entry hazards, his beauty lies in:

1. Dual stabs from hell (no pun intended)

2. His fiery dance has 50% of raising his special attack, and Quiver Dance raises his special defense, attack and speed at no cost but a single turn which is where the sash comes into play

3. Flame body activates quite often

4. His special attack is so powerful he can eat Rene, a well known bulky trick roomer with one, unboosted Bug Buzz

5. My lead against Hail Teams

6. HP water, well obviously doesn't KO heatran like HP ground, isn't effected by a balloon, allows him to stay against ground pokemon (looking at you helpless gliscor) and gives him more sweep options

7. Being a sasher allows him to also function in a similar way to cloyster, take a hit from those speedy demons and either set up or kill.

8. Against swift swimmers he is the one I use to bait and kill Ludicolo

------------

Starmie (aka Starflex) @ Life Orb

Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 spa, 252 spd, 4 HP

Thunderbolt
Rapid Spin
Psychic
Ice Beam

I also have a problem filling the hole with the last pokemon, and I always end up switching them constantly. Basically after deciding on the 5 previous pokemon I needed someone to cover the deficiencies: Outspeed the hasty, thunderbolts, handle rain teams and something to deal with those annoying fighting types:

1. Wide coverage and stabs powered by Expert Belt

2. Excellent 115 Speed

3. Great Resistances

4. Between him and Jolteon/Thundurus, the last two have sucky movepools and thun has a ice weakness, which I can do without obviously as I already have 3 weak to them.

5. My other special attacker

6. Rapid Spin'd

------------------------

There you have it folks. Please don't be shy to give advices or tell it like it is.

Focus Sash and Rapid Spin on Cloyster seems counter-intuitive. If you're taking damage from entry hazards it's no good. Seems LO/Lefties would make more sense. Or drop RS and throw Surf/Shell Blade on him. (Change to a -SpDef nature if you go with Surf, obv).

If you're sticking with Starmie you could drop Surf/Psychic for RS, since it's the most filler. And then you're not sacrificing the sashes on Cloyster/Volcarona.

Love Haxorus and Volcarona. Two of my favorites this gen without question. I usually go with CB Rivalry on Haxorus, but if it works for you then it works.

nice team only 2 small ideas. maybe try white herb on cloyster and maybe change haxorus ability to moldbreaker because i believe is attack is decrewsed by 25 percent when against a pokemon with the opposite gender ehile he has rivalry

err...Dragonite and haxxy don't synergize well together. Haxxy is kind of outclassed by mence at offencive DDing, because of Intimidate and the fact that he isnt stopped by Skarm, and Mence even has a better speed tier. use him over one of them. If u decide to replace Dnite, use CB on Haxxy, so it's a real Dual Dragon Team. The whole point of dual dragon is for one dragon to destroy counters, then the other to sweep. Dnite and haxxy are both stopped by Skarm, BalloonTran, Gliscor and Excadrill. salamence has FB to deal with skarm, Intimidate allows him to tank a rock slide from exca and kill with FB, LO Outrage to OHKO a gliscor that has switched inot SR and has taken at least 7% prior damage, can also Brick Break (rare on dd) to pop tran balloon, or even aqua tail, so him and either haxxy or dnite synergize well. also, try bulky DD on dnite, or that's a less powerful salamence whos only niche is that he can set up slightly easier.

get rid of rapid spin on cloyster, use shell blade instead.

timid on starmie, and replace psychic with rapid spin and EBelt with LO.

LOL at volcarona set. use ChestoRest, it's the best poke evah, and is good even without Spinning.

That loom set is weak as piss, use subpunch or use conk, or eagerly wait for techniloom's release.

Hyper offencive teams usually have a dual screener, so if u can fit one in the team would appreciate it. Right now it looks a bit like a gimmick team (and that's probably why you beat the 1600er lol), but pretty good anyway.

So yes I'm gonna give Cloyster shell blade and let Starmie do the spinning since Cloyster has a more crucial role to play and Starmie has the speed to spin well.

Also I'm giving Starmie a LO since basically he has no bulk so saving his HP by using expert belt isn't giving me more advantages.

Also I didn't learn about the negative effects of Rivalry, but having an ability which I think is useless in battle is better then one that reduces power 25% if a female appears lol.

I don't believe in scarfs or choice bands since they limit my freedom and I often lose my pokemon instead of it, there are other items that offer me less power but total control and I chose pokemon with exceptional attacking base powers for that reason.

I really need mach punch and another priority move other than Extreme Speed, and even though focus punch rocks I'd rather take the oppurtunity to switch or use Sword Dance and give him more power.

Thanks guys, any more advice is highly appreciated :)

Oh and the reason why I'm sashin Cloyster is because he can't take special attacks of any kind, I want him to survive at least to get 1 Shell Smash or in the case of Baton Pass teams who immediately switch to Vapereon or the like, allow me the chance to get a second one.

You would be surprised how much defense he still has even with -1...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)