XY OU X5Dragon's Fairy Nice Team

If you can't beat them, join them? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Intro:

Blaphemy, madness. This is X5Dragon, and yes I do have dragons in the team don't riot on me. Anyway as I was engaging in some RMT rating activities I stumbled upon a couple of good pokemon that I never used before, added to that my desire to roll with Mawile one more time before trial, I decided to do something different for a change and add some bulk to the frame.

=======================
Team Building:

A) So obviously we had to start with Mawile right? I figured the best set to use was an SD/Fire Fang/Sucker/Play Rough set, so that is who we are building around.

B) We could use some SR, and I kept thinking man that bulky/semi-physical wall Chomp was good (See Laurel's Nickelodeon). I also adored the Dragon Tail some people used to get some passive damage and remove boosters such as Scolipede out of the way.

C) We had some Physical bulk on a capable Dragon, so why not have someone carry an AssVest and put some special bulk as well? Azumarill has a great typing and a wide movepool with Huge Power providing immediate power, so he was one. Also he is also a good answer to Excadrill as well and can function as a secondary lead.

D) We needed some special attackers at this point and something that can annoy Stall and take status like a boss. MOAR FAWEES.

E) Clefairy had a problem with MVen and Heatran, both which I can theoretically threaten with what I had already but I can use some more special offensive presence, enter the Lure Latios.

F) GLUE TIME! No srsly we have DD/Set up user problems and MPinsir is a thing. Wouldn't it be nice if we had something that resisted E-Speed, base 100 Dancers, outpace speedsters even beyond 135 and the occasional Scarfs?

==========================

Movesets:

Mega Mawile (PlayDed) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate -> Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 172 HP / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
Sword Dance
Fire Fang
Sucker Punch
Play Rough

Ah you lil piece of...joy. Yeah let's roll with joy. Current suspect, permanent pain, this guy is really good. Let's forget for the moment his Fairy/Steel typing, excellent abilities pre and post MEVO, and great movepool. This dude has 260 raw atk stat with SD and priority. Bam. So to make the best use of him, we use the movepool that allows him to strike most of the meta and at the same time an EV spread that maximizes atk, lets him outspeed Clefable and Azumarill and pump the rest into Bulk.

Play Rough is his primary STAB, which allows him to hit hard immediately anything that stays or switches in. SD is to boost his offenses to "click random button to OHKO opponent" mode. Sucker Punch is necessary as he isn't the fastest thing on Earth and Fire Fang is to kill Steels such as Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Scizor, etc.

==============

Garchomp (Jaws) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Naive Nature
Stealth Rock
Dragon Tail
Fire Blast
Earthquake

He's got the rocks, he can take care of those occasional Scolipedes and similar shenanigans, and he can function as an annoying switch in physical attackers who will be losing almost ~30% of their health. He already has a great atk stat so Earthquake will help him finish off weak opponents and Fire Blast to catch Ferrothorn and Skamory (and MScizor) off guard or in case he gets intimidated.

==================

Azumarill (Bubblz) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
Aqua Jet
Waterfall
Superpower
Play Rough

BUNNY (at this point you should know I'm high)! Assault vest is amazing on this S-Tier mon, it allows him to take hits he usually has no business taking them and murders the foolish mon that dares to harm him. Fairy average moveset, you got the dual STAB water moves, Play Rough for hitting extra hard and being fairyly spammable and Superpower, cause you should know by know how much I love Ferrothorn.

===================

Clefable (Hi5) @ LeftOvers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
Calm Mind
Soft-Boiled
Flame Thrower
Moonblast

Or plan B, because sometimes that is who this fairy dust is, a very capable sweeper once his checks and counters are gone (they aren't many to begin with). He works as a status switch in as well (loves those toxics). The EVs are meant for him to set up on physical attackers such that at +1 SpD he can start taking Hydro Misses from LO Greninja and continue to do his thing.

======================

Latios (Latte) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Speed / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
Draco Meteor
Psyshock
Hidden Power Fire
Earthquake

Lure Latios, good in theory, greater in battle, this tends to fool the opponent a lot if he sees one of the coverage moves (EQ, HP Fire) and assumes the last slot is Defog only to find things like Heatran, Ferrothorn (poor bastard) and Bisharp lost. I'm not SR weak and my rocks tend to pressure Stall opponents to use Defog of their own sometime in the battle while I continue attacking so it's all good. Also has the nice Psychic bite for fight opponents and MVenu in particular while Draco is the nuke first, ask later option.

==================

Terrakion (Terrabyte) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
Stone Edge
Close Combat
X-Scissor
Earthquake

Berds. Dragon Dancers. Pokemon on speed. Who is there to handle crime in the middle of the night when everyone's asleep? NANANANANNA. Super hero with monster attack, fantastic STABs and troll speed, Terrakion delivers pain and his Justified ability makes opponents think very hard before using Sucker Punch lest they unleash a wrecking train on their team.

=============================

They should call me the widow maker as in Gen XY I'm only posting RMTs when something is getting banned lol, anyway I hope you enjoyed this, I'm not doing a threat list this time around because I want you to pick them out and try it for yourself instead of just handing them to you, anything to make this work better is appreciated, see you next time :)

Importable:

Jaws (Garchomp) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

PlayDed (Mawile) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch

Bubblz (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Terrabyte (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Hi5 (Clefable) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Latte (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Last edited:
Yo X5Dragon this team is pretty nice. It's looking really solid but I have a few EV/Set changes that, I think, could improve this team.

Earthquake is rather pointless on Terrakion. It only hits M-Mawile harder than any other attack. I understand you don't want to miss Stone Edge vs, lets say, a +1 Charizard X, so I suggest Rock Slide over Earthquake on Terrakion for a more reliable stab. Also want to show you some calcs that may help you(this is vs 144hp zard)
252 Atk Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 300-354 (90 - 106.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Terrakion Rock Slide vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 224-266 (67.2 - 79.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 178-211 (53.4 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This'll probably give you an idea on what move to use to revenge kill DD Zard X.

I feel that you have so many ways to deal with Steel-types that you can afford to run Stored Power over Flamethrower on Clefable. Stored Power allows you to muscle through Mega Venusaur and Clefable much more easily. It also hits heatran harder after a few boosts which is a nice perk. I would also suggest the spread of 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD with a Calm Nature which allows it to take on:
- Greninja (not 2HKOed by Life Orb Hydro Pump)
- Thundurus (not 2HKOed by Life Orb Thunderbolt)
- non-Iron Head Kyurem-B (not 2HKOed by 252+ SpA Life Orb Ice Beam)
- Can take two EPs for Lando if CMing ~87% of the time
- Not 2HKOed by off Venu's Sludge Bomb if it switches in on CM and then Clefable CMs again
- (minor) not 2HKOed by Megazam Psychic most of the time (only 2HKOed 5.9% of the time)
I think your Azumarill's EVs can be tinkered a bit but I'm really tired right now lol

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature

- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled

That's all I have. Hope I helped :]

edit: speakin of being tired just realized you have a bit of an azumarill weakness lol, hold on
only maw can deal with it pre-mega cuz intimidate

k I recommend Thunderbolt over Psyshock or Hidden Power Fire on your latios, probably HP fire because you shit on ferro enough rn lol. gives you a way to beat it whether by revenge killing or switchin in on a water move/superpower nvm psyshock is sufficient, does more to av variants though you can still use tbolt to do more to bd

Last edited:
Hey X5Dragon very nice team you have here. I really love that Dragon-Fairy-Steel core you've got going on. The only thing that I would change, would be knock off > Super power, on Azumarill. The reason I say that is because you could have a serious problem with the lati twins when Mawile goes down. Which it wont because its Based-Goomy. Instead of getting 2hokod by psyshock on the potential Play Rough miss, use knock off to safely ohko both twins and if they decide to switch, take a key item off the pokemon coming in. Hope I helped!

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Hey friend :) Your team seems very bird weak and I'd suggest replacing Terrakion with Rotom-W as, between Clefable, Latios and Azumarril, you can already deal with both the Charizard formes and Dragonite well enough and it provides the team with a reliable counter to Talonflame and Pinsir who otherwise rip your team apart.

Rotom (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 4 SDef / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Hey X5Dragon very nice team you have here. I really love that Dragon-Fairy-Steel core you've got going on. The only thing that I would change, would be knock off > Super power, on Azumarill. The reason I say that is because you could have a serious problem with the lati twins when Mawile goes down. Which it wont because its Based-Goomy. Instead of getting 2hokod by psyshock on the potential Play Rough miss, use knock off to safely ohko both twins and if they decide to switch, take a key item off the pokemon coming in. Hope I helped!
Hey thanks! I think the Lati twins were meant to be handled by the Bold Clefable, the Scarf Terra and checked/RK'd by Sucker Mawile and AssVest Azu if I wasn't clear on that.

Knock off is very nice tool and you are correct that most of my team dumps on Ferro but for someone reason Ferro is attracted to Bunny the most. I'll give it a try, thanks!

Yo X5Dragon this team is pretty nice. It's looking really solid but I have a few EV/Set changes that, I think, could improve this team.

Earthquake is rather pointless on Terrakion. It only hits M-Mawile harder than any other attack. I understand you don't want to miss Stone Edge vs, lets say, a +1 Charizard X, so I suggest Rock Slide over Earthquake on Terrakion for a more reliable stab. Also want to show you some calcs that may help you(this is vs 144hp zard)
252 Atk Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 300-354 (90 - 106.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Terrakion Rock Slide vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 224-266 (67.2 - 79.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 178-211 (53.4 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This'll probably give you an idea on what move to use to revenge kill DD Zard X.

I feel that you have so many ways to deal with Steel-types that you can afford to run Stored Power over Flamethrower on Clefable. Stored Power allows you to muscle through Mega Venusaur and Clefable much more easily. It also hits heatran harder after a few boosts which is a nice perk. I would also suggest the spread of 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD with a Calm Nature which allows it to take on:

I think your Azumarill's EVs can be tinkered a bit but I'm really tired right now lol

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature

- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled

That's all I have. Hope I helped :]

edit: speakin of being tired just realized you have a bit of an azumarill weakness lol, hold on
only maw can deal with it pre-mega cuz intimidate

k I recommend Thunderbolt over Psyshock or Hidden Power Fire on your latios, probably HP fire because you shit on ferro enough rn lol. gives you a way to beat it whether by revenge killing or switchin in on a water move/superpower nvm psyshock is sufficient, does more to av variants though you can still use tbolt to do more to bd
Hey there thanks. Several great suggestions, and yes I don't Earthquake necessarily hits somethign important that cannot be dealt with otherwise, but there are a few occasions when you expect a switch in and EQ being its usual self tends to hit a lot of things hard and neutrall so whatever switches it will still be damaged hard. On the other hand we got a match where I miss SE three times in a row so yeah I'll be thinking about slashing Rock Slide in.

Stored power is very intresting, it shifts my focus from trying to eliminate MVenu and Heatran to rather more simple targets like TTar. I might also go on tinkering with Clefables EVs but I started with using the Bold build because I had a similar SpD bias and then Landrous-T switches in and spams EQ and it hits over 50%. Physical attackers are also more common and from my experience easier to set up upon but I will definitely work on optimizing the spread.

As for opposing Bunnys, usually they tend to kill themselves off thinking lol Garchomp only to find a 30% of their health gone and a very bulky Chomp with EQ sending them on the brink of death, in which case I just SR the next turn and they kill themselves from recoil. There is also Intimidate Mawile and bulky Fable, but with the Stored Power Idea I think I can free a moveslot for TBolt.

Hey friend :) Your team seems very bird weak and I'd suggest replacing Terrakion with Rotom-W as, between Clefable, Latios and Azumarril, you can already deal with both the Charizard formes and Dragonite well enough and it provides the team with a reliable counter to Talonflame and Pinsir who otherwise rip your team apart.

Rotom (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 4 SDef / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
SR is always a first line of defense, and having a SR resisting team makes me spam the move liberally. The only Talonflames I'm usually worried about is the WoW SD ones as the rest usually die from clever switch ins and Chomp making them commit suicide, if not Terrakion RKing them at good health. It's a good thing this team is bulky. And Pinsir can still be RK'd at +2 by Terrakion, intimidated by Mawile (thankfully EQ is on the decline) and outspeed by Latios. Still if I start to have too many problems I'll look into this, appreciate it friend.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)