Xerneas

Status
Not open for further replies.
((((42) * 394 * 1,5 * 60 / 268) / 50) + 2) * 1,5 * 2 * (85 to 100) / 100 = 288,52 to 339,43 HP (73,41% to 86,37%)
=> If there is no mistake, no OHKO even with SR

And this is a selling point of 0HP/148def build against 148HP/0def !
I probably ran the calcs without the def evs :/

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 211-249 (50.84 - 60%). So Ho-Oh has a realistical chance to survive even after SR, assuming it comes in as Xerneas sets up, thanks to Leftovers recovery. Ho-Oh could always use some Def EVs to guarantee it survives the hit. And stop dismissing Thunderbolt as an option against Aegislash just because it can't straight up OHKO it, there is a strategy called wearing down your checks and you only need ~15% previous damage to get past it anyway.
Thunderbolt will only ever hit harder than Moonblast on Ho-oh and Heatran (and Gyarados), can you learn to read that a 2x resisted Moonblast is still stronger than neutral Thunderbolt, that's why you have the capacity to run Psyshock over Thunderbolt.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I probably ran the calcs without the def evs :/

Thunderbolt will only ever hit harder than Moonblast on Ho-oh and Heatran (and Gyarados), can you learn to read that a 2x resisted Moonblast is still stronger than neutral Thunderbolt, that's why you have the capacity to run Psyshock over Thunderbolt.
Oh yeah i forgot about that, no need to be rude about it.

So this is what I'm thinking for a Uber Xerneas:

Modest
Xerneas@Power Herb
Geomancy
Moon Blast
Focus Blast
Psyshock/Thunderbolt

252 Sp Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP/4 Def

31 IV in these 3 aswell.

Opinions/suggestions? :)

So this is what I'm thinking for a Uber Xerneas:

Modest
Xerneas@Power Herb
Geomancy
Moon Blast
Focus Blast
Psyshock/Thunderbolt

252 Sp Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP/4 Def

31 IV in these 3 aswell.

Opinions/suggestions? :)
As stated above, 108 speed is enough for most cases, so 108 speed and 148 def.

Question : Is there still a chance for Xerneas to learn other special moves such as Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Earth Power... ?

so 252 Sp atk, 108 speed, 148 def? I don't think he will get a fire move, it would be insanely strong against Pokes like Ferrothorn etc.

I find it hilariously ironic that Xerneas, the mythical deer of eternal life that slumbered as a tree and is highly associated with plants, will be using Power Herb - a plant - to get its sweep going. Can't tell if it's perfectly fitting, or partial cannibalism.

so 252 Sp atk, 108 speed, 148 def? I don't think he will get a fire move, it would be insanely strong against Pokes like Ferrothorn etc.
Xerneas special movepool seems really poor to me, so I think it will have some other moves. Geomancy/Moonblast/Earth Power/Flamethrower would make it almost unwallable...

I think its more ironic that people are claiming that the life pokemon will be the ultimate killing machine in ubers. Xerneas is a deer, and they eat herbs and plants. I dont think xerneas would be different. Also, i got a timid xerneas that has only 190 hp at lv 50, 128 speed. Is there any evs spreads that i could run, so that it will be at least good?

Xerneas is something else in terms of power. There is no denying that. But I can't think of too many pokemon that have offensive or defensive synergy with Xerneas. Some of this stems from the fact that there aren't too many top-tier pokemon that can benefit from Fairy Aura, and some of this also stems from the fact that Xerneas is somewhat of a one-man army. After a Geomancy he hits +2 SpD and his HP is already great. He only needs to speed creep Scarf Genesect and he can throw the rest into Defense.

Hey, i have a xerneas with 190 hp at lv 50, timid, 128 speed. How could i spread evs so that it would be somewhat good?

I think Xerneas with Extremekiller will be like the Salamence/Rayquaza combination from Gen IV on steroids. Revenging Ekiller with Scarf Terrakion gives Xerneas a free set up, and anything that can take a hit from +2 Xerneas is weakened to the point that it can no longer check Arceus.

Xerneas is something else in terms of power. There is no denying that. But I can't think of too many pokemon that have offensive or defensive synergy with Xerneas. Some of this stems from the fact that there aren't too many top-tier pokemon that can benefit from Fairy Aura, and some of this also stems from the fact that Xerneas is somewhat of a one-man army. After a Geomancy he hits +2 SpD and his HP is already great. He only needs to speed creep Scarf Genesect and he can throw the rest into Defense.
Fairy Aura only gives team support in Doubles anyway. In Singles, it's just Xerneas and his foe.

Funny how life orb timid 252 sp.atk/speed magician delphox sort of checks it on paper.

1. Outspeed
2.hit with fire blast
3. Steal herb
4. proceed to 2HKO
5. Profit?

This is with min sp.def and hp investment however

Last edited:
I just caught a Modest Xerneas with 201 health, 114 defense, 165 Sp Atk, 118 Sp Def and 119 speed.

Did I do good saving him? I was trying to get a perfect Xerneas for me for 2 days non stop and just got fed up with it.. The only downside this one has is only 28 or 29 Sp Atk IVs, but his defenses are pretty damn high giving him above average bulk.. Any opinions?

He basically has above average IVs in every stat that matters, but his Sp Atk isn't maxed out :/ How do you think he will fare against a 31 Sp Atk Xerneas but less bulk? I actually think/hope this one may be able to survive an extra hit making him be able to attack once more, actually making him slightly better.. This may just be me trying to convince myself though....

Funny how life orb timid 252 sp.atk/speed magician delphox sort of checks it on paper.

1. Outspeed
2.hit with fire blast
3. Steal herb
4. proceed to 2HKO
5. Profit?

This is with min sp.def and hp investment however
realistically xerneas would switch into something it forces out, then proceed to geomancy up and become unstoppable

Isn't HP Ground still a good option on Xerneas ?
This is still the strongest option against Aegislash, Heatran, Klefki, etc...
Definitely this thing needs Earth Power though. Probably in Pokémon Z.

For partners, a good spinner is recommended, to take away Sticky Web.
Mega-Blastoise ?
Magic Bounce support is also an option.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Isn't HP Ground still a good option on Xerneas ?
This is still the strongest option against Aegislash, Heatran, Klefki, etc...
Definitely this thing needs Earth Power though. Probably in Pokémon Z.

For partners, a good spinner is recommended, to take away Sticky Web.
Mega-Blastoise ?
HP Ground isn't going to be a good option at all as it's simply too weak with 60 power.

And also do not expect to see Spider Web in Ubers, the distribution is essentially limited to Galvantula and Smeargle, both of which are very questionable for use in Ubers at all.

HP Ground isn't going to be a good option at all as it's simply too weak with 60 power.

And also do not expect to see Spider Web in Ubers, the distribution is essentially limited to Galvantula and Smeargle, both of which are very questionable for use in Ubers at all.
The distribution of Sticky Web is not definitive, and I think it will find a spot in ubers.
HP Ground is the strongest move against many foes resisting Fairy (95*1,5*1,3/2=92,6 vs 60*2=120 which is 30% stronger). And is more accurate than Focus Blast. Doesn't seem like a bad option.
This will be fun with Earth Power...

I just caught a Modest Xerneas with 201 health, 114 defense, 165 Sp Atk, 118 Sp Def and 119 speed.

Did I do good saving him? I was trying to get a perfect Xerneas for me for 2 days non stop and just got fed up with it.. The only downside this one has is only 28 or 29 Sp Atk IVs, but his defenses are pretty damn high giving him above average bulk.. Any opinions?

He basically has above average IVs in every stat that matters, but his Sp Atk isn't maxed out :/ How do you think he will fare against a 31 Sp Atk Xerneas but less bulk? I actually think/hope this one may be able to survive an extra hit making him be able to attack once more, actually making him slightly better.. This may just be me trying to convince myself though....
28 SAtk IV compared to 31 SAtk IV is under 1% difference in damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)