Ladder ORAS 1v1 [3v3 Team Preview]

adamant can 2ko with burn if you didnt notice.....
Uh, you're healing 50% of your health before it can deal the second damage ('cause Mew always outspeeds Kyurem), it's not 2HKOing you any time soon...
Turn 1 : You Wisp, it Outrages. Mew : 100% => 50 % Kyurem : 87,5%
Turn 2 : You heal, it Outrage. Mew : 50% => 100% => 50% Kyurem : 75%
etc, etc, etc.

Haven't posted here in a while, but I guess I'll bring two more sets to the table (one of them mine, another just has optimized EVs)

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 176 HP / 144 SpA / 188 Spe OR 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 SpA
Naive (first spread) OR Rash (second set) Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt/Toxic/Roost

Substitute kyurem-b is an extremely amazing set, arguably better than the band, specs, or even weakness policy variants because of how easily it destroys stallers like venusaur, chansey, deoxys-D, etc. Toxic and roost allow you to beat deoxys-D while fusion bolt lets you beat more things all around, you should really not use toxic or roost unless your team has a strong electric type.
For the faster spread, you outspeed base 100 max speed + neutral nature mons, you can kill Golem with Ice Beam, and the rest can either go to HP or Attack. Your choice in the end (i dunno what 176 HP helps you live though). On the second set, you live scarf Dragon outrages, so that's a thing, although scarf dragons are declining in usage. 32+ EVs kill Golem, like before.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Counter/Roost/Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Overheat/Blast Burn
- Will-O-Wisp

This is a set I've been having fun with, it lets you beat things like Mega Pinsir (no stone edge), Dragonite (not banded rock slide), Haxorus (non band+rock slide), and Aggron (non head smash), as opposed to standard Will-o-wisp Zard Y. Counter allows you to beat most of the aforementinoed threats, Roost is there if you like stalling, focus blast if heatran likes to piss you off. Solar Beam is just there because it's the best filler move Zardy gets, Overheat is preferred over blast burn because you're supposed to live more hits now, and will-o-wisp is there to beat pretty much all slower physical attackers without lum berry.

Yeah, yeah, these sets aren't creative, but hey, at least they work (and I don't see the former that often, and the latter not at all)

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
I like playing 1v1 but against some pokémons I always lose (Perish Song, Mega Aggron)
The 3 Pokémon I run:
Specs Greninja with Hydro Cannon, Hyper Beam, Ice Beam, Water Shuriken (Water Shuriken for Donphan and Aron)
Rocky Helmet Alakazam with Protect, Disable, Encore and Psychic (I haven't used this for long, but it is easy to use and works well)
Lum Berry Donphan with Endeavor and Ice Shard (I don't really know what item is useful, I just use Lum Berry to not fall asleep after one turn)

What pokémon would fit good in the team to beat some threats I have problems with at the moment. I appreciate any kind of help. Thanks

That's just a visual issue, but couldn't we remove Sleep Clause mode in 1v1 ? It's useless to keep it, since you basically can't put more than one foe to sleep.

alright, so first, lets go over Kyurem-Black's base stats. 170 in attack, and 95 in seed, maxing out at 317. this speed stat is able to outspeed alot of different pokemon, and the hefty 170 attack only beaten by deoxys. t a max of 482, with an outrage, plus STAB, creates a pretty powerful attack. an attack that can kill almost anything. now we move on to an important piece to making this work. although Kyurem-Black has a high usage in 1v1, i have only seen one other person with this item: a haban berry. haban berry, if you do not know, halves the dammage from a super effective dragon type move, meaning that while holding it, Kyurem-Black will only be hit for 64% from another outrage, meaning unless they also hold a haban berry, guarenteed OHKO. that is unless they hold the berry themselves. now another important move to carry is iron head: not only does it get rid of those pesky fairy types, it also has the chance to flinch. this, although 30% can be a counter to counter users. in just one day i laddered to 1402 from 1000 using this Kyurem-Black set.

alright, so first, lets go over Kyurem-Black's base stats. 170 in attack, and 95 in seed, maxing out at 317. this speed stat is able to outspeed alot of different pokemon, and the hefty 170 attack only beaten by deoxys. t a max of 482, with an outrage, plus STAB, creates a pretty powerful attack. an attack that can kill almost anything. now we move on to an important piece to making this work. although Kyurem-Black has a high usage in 1v1, i have only seen one other person with this item: a haban berry. haban berry, if you do not know, halves the dammage from a super effective dragon type move, meaning that while holding it, Kyurem-Black will only be hit for 64% from another outrage, meaning unless they also hold a haban berry, guarenteed OHKO. that is unless they hold the berry themselves. now another important move to carry is iron head: not only does it get rid of those pesky fairy types, it also has the chance to flinch. this, although 30% can be a counter to counter users. in just one day i laddered to 1402 from 1000 using this Kyurem-Black set.
Rather than haban berry, I've seen and used an all around better Kyurem-B set:

Kyurem-Black @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Outrage
- Roost/Fusion Bolt

This set aims to take a super effective hit with Kyurem-B's astounding 125/100 physical bulk, abuse the ice typing, and take advantage of its 170/120 attacking stats to create a mon that is incredibly difficult to break. This set works because:
A) Most dragons are scarfed
B) Several powerful attackers in the tier are physical (and you live almost all of them barring stuff like banded terrakion)
C) Good luck killing this thing with a non-super effective attack
D) Even uninvested, +2 Outrage kills almost everything
Ice Beam + Earth Power is perfect coverage with teravolt (barring air balloon pokemon), Outrage is the obligatory STAB, Roost is to beat mawile when it uses sucker punch, fusion bolt kills gyarados at +1. What's more, it beats almost all of the main threats that Haban Berry Kyurem-B beats:
VS Scarf Kyurem-B
252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-B: 344-408 (75.7 - 89.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Kyurem-B: 458-540 (117.1 - 138.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

VS Scarf Garchomp
252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-B: 284-336 (62.5 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Garchomp: 576-684 (161.3 - 191.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

VS Scarf Haxorus
252 Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-B: 308-366 (67.8 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 450-530 (153 - 180.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

VS DD Dragonite
252+ Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-B: 318-374 (70 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 456-540 (141.1 - 167.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

VS DD Charizard X
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-B: 378-446 (83.2 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 374-444 (125.9 - 149.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And more:
252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-B: 282-332 (62.1 - 73.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (scarfed, only Choice Band can kill (not even life orb))
+2 0 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 448-528 (138.6 - 163.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

- 252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-B: 300-354 (66 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 0 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 448-528 (138.6 - 163.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

- 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-B: 402-474 (88.5 - 104.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO (earth power, then roost for predicted sucker punch)
0 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Mawile: 158-188 (51.9 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

- 252+ Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-B: 289-342 (63.6 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (chance to OHKO without max defense)
0 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Earth Power vs. -1 252 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 226-268 (55.9 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Assuming BulkTini)

- 0 Atk Mega Aggron Heavy Slam (40 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-B: 84-102 (18.5 - 22.4%) -- possible 5HKO
+2 0 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Aggron: 362-428 (105.2 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Hitmonlee (M) @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Endure
- Reversal
- Poison Jab

y/y

Rather than haban berry, I've seen and used an all around better Kyurem-B set:

Kyurem-Black @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Outrage
- Roost/Fusion Bolt

This set aims to take a super effective hit with Kyurem-B's astounding 125/100 physical bulk, abuse the ice typing, and take advantage of its 170/120 attacking stats to create a mon that is incredibly difficult to break. This set works because:
A) Most dragons are scarfed
B) Several powerful attackers in the tier are physical (and you live almost all of them barring stuff like banded terrakion)
C) Good luck killing this thing with a non-super effective attack
D) Even uninvested, +2 Outrage kills almost everything
Ice Beam + Earth Power is perfect coverage with teravolt (barring air balloon pokemon), Outrage is the obligatory STAB, Roost is to beat mawile when it uses sucker punch, fusion bolt kills gyarados at +1. What's more, it beats almost all of the main threats that Haban Berry Kyurem-B beats:
VS Scarf Kyurem-B
252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-B: 344-408 (75.7 - 89.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Kyurem-B: 458-540 (117.1 - 138.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

VS Scarf Garchomp
252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-B: 284-336 (62.5 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Garchomp: 576-684 (161.3 - 191.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

VS Scarf Haxorus
252 Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-B: 308-366 (67.8 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 450-530 (153 - 180.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

VS DD Dragonite
252+ Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-B: 318-374 (70 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 456-540 (141.1 - 167.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

VS DD Charizard X
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-B: 378-446 (83.2 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard X: 374-444 (125.9 - 149.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And more:
252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-B: 282-332 (62.1 - 73.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (scarfed, only Choice Band can kill (not even life orb))
+2 0 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 448-528 (138.6 - 163.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

- 252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-B: 300-354 (66 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 0 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 448-528 (138.6 - 163.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

- 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-B: 402-474 (88.5 - 104.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO (earth power, then roost for predicted sucker punch)
0 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Mawile: 158-188 (51.9 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

- 252+ Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-B: 289-342 (63.6 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (chance to OHKO without max defense)
0 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Earth Power vs. -1 252 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 226-268 (55.9 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Assuming BulkTini)

- 0 Atk Mega Aggron Heavy Slam (40 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyurem-B: 84-102 (18.5 - 22.4%) -- possible 5HKO
+2 0 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Aggron: 362-428 (105.2 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
yes but did you take into account swampert, slower so weakness policy won't activate, and it likes an outrage, with the reversal its a guaranteed OHKO

yes but did you take into account swampert, slower so weakness policy won't activate, and it likes an outrage, with the reversal its a guaranteed OHKO
uh...
1) I don't see how haban berry Kyurem-B beats swampert. Just use something else for swampert.
2) How does weakness policy not activate if you're slower? It's the other way around: Weakness policy only activates when they hit you first. Not the other way around.
3) Guaranteed OHKO? If you looked at the calcs...Kyurem-B OHKOs every single dragon EASILY, even without the weakness policy boosts. This Kyurem-B appreciates an outrage as much as a haban berry one.
4) Are we really arguing about this? lol.

uh...
1) I don't see how haban berry Kyurem-B beats swampert. Just use something else for swampert.
2) How does weakness policy not activate if you're slower? It's the other way around: Weakness policy only activates when they hit you first. Not the other way around.
3) Guaranteed OHKO? If you looked at the calcs...Kyurem-B OHKOs every single dragon EASILY, even without the weakness policy boosts. This Kyurem-B appreciates an outrage as much as a haban berry one.
4) Are we really arguing about this? lol.
i meant swamper is slower

articuno @ rocky helmet
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpD/ 4 Spe
- Protect
- Endure
- Mind Reader
- Sheer Cold

Beats physical and special attackers, but gives up abiltiy to beat stalling out by encore/taunt and loses to some mix attackers.
Pretty sure there's OHKO clause in 1v1...

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Emboar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252+ Atk/4 SpAtk/ 252 Spe
Naughty
- Flare Blitz
- Blast Burn
- Head Smash
- Grass Knot/Superpower

Discusssssssssss

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252+ Atk/4 SpAtk/ 252 Spe
Naughty
- Flare Blitz
- Blast Burn
- Head Smash
- Grass Knot/Superpower

Discusssssssssss
CB Multiscale Dragonite shits all over this but I mean it could probably do well in certain matchups I guess like vs Mawile or something

Time to mention a set I've used to peak 1 and 2 multiple times:

Charizard @ Charizardite X
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp

Idk why so many teams are weak to zard x nowadays, but they just are. Originally a filler, zard x has quickly become the mvp of the team, beating offensive "teams" with its bulk and power, and then beating stallish teams with substitute and will-o-wisp strategies. And it forms such a great core with counter mawile (literally, the coverage is pretty much perfect barring something like specs garchomp).

(Typed on iOS, hence lack of grammar for you grammar nazis teachers out there)

Time to mention a set I've used to peak 1 and 2 multiple times:

Charizard @ Charizardite X
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp

Idk why so many teams are weak to zard x nowadays, but they just are. Originally a filler, zard x has quickly become the mvp of the team, beating offensive "teams" with its bulk and power, and then beating stallish teams with substitute and will-o-wisp strategies. And it forms such a great core with counter mawile (literally, the coverage is pretty much perfect barring something like specs garchomp).

(Typed on iOS, hence lack of grammar for you grammar nazis teachers out there)
brb running specs garchomp with draco, earth power, fire blast, and surf

What do you think of this?

Blissey (F) @ Lansat Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Hyper Voice
- Flamethrower

My first 1v1, I haven't won a single match :p

I know it already has been brought up, but could Species Clause be removed ? It's pointless in 1v1 and some mon can run completely contrary sets (Char, Blissey, Azu...) with, oddly enough, great synergy between them.

I'm going to share a very satanic but (somewhat effective???) set that I've been playing around with lately (which actually made it onto the kektus challenge):

sadkf.png

Durant @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
Ability: Truant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Entrainment
- Endure
- Protect
- Rest

Step 1. Use entrainment
Step 2. Spam endure/protect until they ragequit.
Step 3. If they don't ragequit, reveal rest, which will make them ragequit.
Step 4. If they still insist, watch them struggle to death.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-184678094 - Experimenting with my kektus challenge team while the server was down. I'd say it worked pretty well.

Illusio

Bold and Brash
Questions for 1v1 ladderers: How are ORAS additions working out? Is Mega Salamence as big of a threat as it is in OU?
I actually haven't seen much use of Mega Salamence in 1v1. Then again, I almost never see Mega Pinsir either, which is now basically a degraded version of Mega-Mence. Overall, with the Aggrons, Mawiles, and the level 1 mons being spammed (mainly the first two), Salamence isn't a Pokemon I would want to be on my team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)