1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Challenge XY Giveaway Contest - Round 3

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Stellar, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Little Cup Pope

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    ROUND 3: GEMERATION III
    This round will end at 11:59:59 PM (GMT -5) on 9/7.

In 2005, Pokémon Emerald was released in North America, Europe, and Australia. The third generation of Pokémon games introduced more than one hundred new Pokémon, abilities, double battles, and many other improvements to the Pokémon franchise. Pokémon Emerald also expanded on Crystal's Battle Tower, providing players with a new challenge in the form of the Battle Frontier.

CHALLENGE
    Pokémon Emerald: Achieve the highest streak in the Battle Factory (single battle, open level).

Unlike the previous two challenges, this challenge doesn't have a time requirement. It doesn't test your ability to think on your feet or to plan out strategies in advance; instead, it tests your ability to adapt to constantly shifting battle conditions.

RULES
    A list of general rules can be found here.

1. Do not abuse save states/resets.
    SUBMISSIONS
    Start a conversation with @Stellar titled "Round 2 Submission"

[​IMG]
    Your screenshot should look like this.​

• SUBMIT A SCORE EVEN IF IT IS LOW. SCORES WILL VARY WILDLY.
    • You may only submit one screenshot or photo. Select your best score.
    • You should not post your results publicly.
    CONTESTANTS (TOP 18) & LEADERBOARD
    Contestants (open)
    atsync
    billymills
    DHR-107
    elcheeso
    Eo Ut Mortus
    extra.
    Focus
    LegendaryElitist
    Level 51
    lucariojr
    makiri
    Manitary
    Mekkah
    Nexus
    Roadagain
    sb879
    Wyverii
    zdrup15
    1. lucariojr - 84
    2. Nexus - 82
    3. Wyverii - 66
    4. elcheeso - 66
    5. atsync - 51
    6. makiri - 50
    7. Roadagain - 50
    8. zdrup15 - 49
    9. LegendaryElitist - 48
    10. DHR-107 - 45
    11. Focus - 41
    12. Mekkah - 41
    13. billymills - 40
    14. sb879 - 40
    15. Manitary - 38
    16. extra. - 35
    17. Level 51 - 33
    18. Eo Ut Mortus - 32
    The top 12 contestants from this round will move on to Round 4. Sign-ups are no longer open.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SAVE FILE WITH ACCESS TO THE FACTORY, CLICK HERE AND DOWNLOAD THE FILE IN THE TOPIC.
  2. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Little Cup Pope

For this challenge you should start fresh. Nothing started before the time of the OP will count.
  3. Level 51

Level 51 [17:37:18] boTTT: (Private to @Level 51) ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

me: what could possibly go wrong
    >gets haxed by frontier brain twice

also we can just submit proof based on the "highest score" thing in the second row as long as we use the provided save right
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
    Celever likes this.
  4. Deinosaur

Deinosaur GO GOOMY

hahahaha good luck everybody

I think hell is probably just endless rounds of battle factory
    Level 51 likes this.
  5. Roadagain

Roadagain

So, we should use the PREV. streak instead of RECORD here? If you lose, that stays there until you start over.
  6. Focus

Focus Nerd is the word.
    is a Tiering Contributor

Good thing I decided to play through Emerald version again a couple weeks ago. Good luck to all!
  7. Stellar

Stellar
    Little Cup Pope

If it wasn't bad enough that the trainers in the factory have ridiculous luck, they also taunt you after something like missing Sludge Bomb against 10% P2 at the end of a battle due to Brightpowder happens.

[​IMG]
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Hulavuta and Alterevolution like this.
  8. Focus

Focus Nerd is the word.
    is a Tiering Contributor

thank you @Stellar for reminding me how much Struggle wars with Leftovers at +6 Evasion suuuuck
  9. Stellar

Stellar
    Little Cup Pope

This happened to me last night with my Double Edge/Earthquake/Double Team/Rest Tauros against Double Team Dusclops. :/
  10. Focus

Focus Nerd is the word.
    is a Tiering Contributor

[​IMG]
    looks like it might be getting close

edit: I critted and won! :D totally worth the hour and 45 minute battle!
  11. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

I tried on a cart yesterday and got 1 halfway decent run which took hours. Tried with an emulator and it is easily 8x better. Beating 10 trainers in 10 minutes is just fun.
  12. Manitary

Manitary

RestTalk/Sheer Cold/Horn Drill Dewgong will stop you cold.
  13. Stellar

Stellar
    Little Cup Pope

If you are using my save file, I will accept the score from either RECORD or PREV., because the file had no previous score.
    If you are using your own save file, make sure you screenshot PREV., so I know it is a recent score.
  14. Roadagain

Roadagain

This honestly makes me tempted to go with the emulator for this round. I'd just prefer to play on the actual console whenever able.

On a different note, whenever I see any OHKO move being used, I have this terrible sinking feeling.
  15. LegendaryElitist

LegendaryElitist

Wow, I thought I'd be 1st or 2nd place. You guys must have some really impressive streaks.
  16. Focus

Focus Nerd is the word.
    is a Tiering Contributor

I'm feeling worse and worse about my streak by the day T_T.
  17. Roadagain

Roadagain

A streak of mine just ended on... an opponent using Counter on Overheat. (And before, Psychic) That's... not supposed to happen, is it?
  18. LegendaryElitist

LegendaryElitist

You're not the only one :/

It's looking like we probably won't make it to the next round, sadly.

And the Counter thing is definitely weird. Aren't Fire and Psychic types that use the special attack stat in Gen III?
  19. SSJ

SSJ

Well,this looks like its going to be a bit difficult.Anyways,Good luck everybody and have fun.
  20. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher

Errrrg, I had to go to dinner and then lost the next match cause I was so far out of the zone I wasn't even thinking -_-

Oh well, might be enough to scrape through...
  21. Manitary

Manitary

k this time I'm out
  22. Stellar

Stellar
    Little Cup Pope

23. Level 51

Level 51 [17:37:18] boTTT: (Private to @Level 51) ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

lol so I'm not the only one
    anyway thanks to my relationship with the RNG, I don't see myself hitting r3
  24. Stellar

Stellar
    Little Cup Pope

I keep running into shiny Pokémon. I'm going to cry.
    [​IMG]
    Deadline is in 24 hours.
  25. Stellar

Stellar
    Little Cup Pope

The round is over and scores are up. New round coming soon!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)