1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Challenge XY Giveaway Contest - Round 4

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by nerd, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nerd

nerd
    is an Administratoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
    Administrator

ROUND 4: SERIOUSLY THE WORST
    [​IMG]
    This round will end at 11:59:59 PM (GMT -5) on 9/14.

2007 brought us two new Pokémon games, Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl version. The fourth generation of Pokémon brought the much needed physical/special split and online play. Like never before, trainers from all around the world could battle each other in real-time.

CHALLENGE
    Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Achieve the highest Poké Radar chain.

Like the previous challenge, there is no hard time limit this round. Keep at it until your chain breaks! I am not specifying a Pokémon or route for this challenge. These are variables that are in your control.

RULES
    A list of general rules can be found here.

1. Do not abuse save states/resets.
    2. Do not use any cheat codes (e.g. "radar always charged").
    SUBMISSIONS
    Start a conversation with @Stellar titled "Round 4 Submission"

[​IMG]
    Your screenshot should look like this.​
    • If you are not using my .sav file, please include a photo of your Pokétch both before and after your attempt.
    • You may only submit one screenshot or photo. Select your best score.
    • You should not post your results publicly.
    CONTESTANTS (TOP 12) & LEADERBOARD
    Contestants (open)
    atsync
    DHR-107
    elcheeso
    Focus
    LegendaryElitist
    lucariojr
    makiri
    Mekkah
    Nexus
    Roadagain
    Wyverii
    zdrup15

1. zdrup15: 185 (Shinx)
    2. elcheeso: 184 (Bidoof)
    3. makiri: 168 (Voltorb)
    4. LegendaryElitist: 152 (Bidoof)
    5. Wyverii: 142 (Shellos)
    6. Mekkah: 125+ (Shinx)
    7. atsync: 123 (Voltorb)
    8. Nexus: 119 (Beldum)
    9. DHR-107: 105 (Bidoof)
    10. Roadagain: 57 (Shinx)
    11. Focus: 35 (Geodude)
    12. lucariojr: N/A
    The top 8 contestants from this round will move on to Round 4. Sign-ups are no longer open.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SAVE FILE WITH ACCESS TO THE POKÉ RADAR, CLICK HERE AND DOWNLOAD THE FILE IN THE TOPIC.

This save file provides you with the following:​
    • Poké Radar​
    • Trainer Counter app​
    • 650 Max Repels​
    • 1 Max Elixir​
    • Lv. 73 Empoleon (Surf/Aqua Jet/Drill Peck/Bubblebeam) [87 PP]​
    • Lv. 71 Rotom (Thunderbolt/Shock Wave/Shadow Ball/Charge Beam) [60 PP]​
    • Zubat with Fly [Party] | Chansey with Rock Climb [Box] | Bibarel with Strength/Waterfall/Rock Smash/Cut [Box]​
  2. Level 51

Level 51 google sheets is my spirit animal
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

I'm just glad I don't have to do this, chaining is terrible.
    got that right
  3. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

oh my god i made it
  4. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Orange Islands

Don't I know it -_- worst idea so far imo. I never understood chaining at all, now I am going to have to spend all of today looking up how to actually do it and get decent chains. Granted whoever wins will have a chain of like 400 or something.
    Its_A_Random likes this.
  5. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

also I cannot get the .sav file to work (I use desmume) so if someone could help me out on IRC that'd be greatly appreciated

edit: resolved thanks to zdrup
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  6. SSJ2Red

SSJ2Red

I will never chain again.

Never.
  7. Roadagain

Roadagain

So... I guess this week involves me getting the first shiny Pokemon outside of trading and Red Gyarados.
    And it's not going to be a cool Pokemon. :/
  8. Deinosaur

Deinosaur world's dumbest valedictorian
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Man back in DPP, chaining was my life. Maybe that's why I turned out an asshole who hates everyone.
    Hulavuta and billymills like this.
  9. nerd

nerd
    is an Administratoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
    Administrator

My attempt for today:
    [​IMG]
    Will probably try again later this week. :)
    Hulavuta likes this.
  10. DHR-107

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Orange Islands

Oh lord... Even the host is getting over 100... My best so far is only 30... This is going to be a long ass challenge...

/me tightens noose
    Level 51 and Hulavuta like this.
  11. zdrup15

zdrup15

Yeah, what gives? Not only everyone else is doing better but now the host is humiliating us too........
  12. nerd

nerd
    Administrator

I've completed all of the challenges aside from the GSC one (due to time constraints), and I'd still be in the contest at this point. :)
  13. Focus

Focus Ubers Tester Extraordinaire

I'm doomed. :( Oh well. Gonna give it a few goes later in the week (hopefully).
  14. nerd

nerd
    Administrator

About 48 hours remain with half the contestants still needing to submit. Good luck!
  15. elcheeso

elcheeso
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Yeah I'm a little disgusted that my first ever legit shiny was 1. For this and 2. A fucking bidoof. Fuck you bidoof, I never want to see you again.
  16. DHR-107

Orange Islands

Fuck this... Chain broke for no reason....

I'll probably throw in a game or two for next round anyway and just join Stellar in making up scores which mean nothing :P
  17. nerd

nerd
    Administrator

24 hours of hell left. :]
  18. Level 51

Level 51 google sheets is my spirit animal
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

inb4 no one else submits and DHR gets to next round
    DHR-107 likes this.
  19. Roadagain

Roadagain

Welp, so much for that. I spent half of the week sick, and just barely even got what I did now without just falling asleep.
    Not that that's an excuse for anything, but oh well.

Good luck for the remaining 8.
  20. nerd

nerd
    Administrator

Scores and the Pokémon each contestant chose are up! Next round to be posted within a few hours.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)