Challenge XY Giveaway Contest - Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

This round will end at 11:59:59 PM (GMT -5) on 9/21.

Lauded by many as the best Pokémon games to date, HGSS sent Pokémon trainers packing back to Johto where they faced familiar foes with new tricks up their sleeves. Remember Scyther? Now it has STAB U-turn to knock you around. Miltank? Scrappy says hello to Gastly. Most notably, HGSS brought us updated graphics and remixed music. It also introduced a few gameplay features like companion Pokémon and auto-run that many trainers hope will one day make a return. This week's challenge centers around the other gameplay aspect HGSS introduced: the Pokéathlon.

CHALLENGE
Pokémon Heart Gold / Soul Silver: Achieve the highest total score (continuous) in the Pokéathlon's Speed Course using Zubat, Pidgey, and Spearow. The Speed Course includes the following events:

• Hurdle Dash
  • Pennant Capture
  • Relay Run
Like the previous challenge, there is no hard time limit this round. Take your time and hammer out the best score!

RULES
A list of general rules can be found here.

1. Do not abuse save states/resets.
  2. Do not use any cheat codes.
  3. Only use Zubat, Pidgey, and Spearow.
  4. Do not feed your Pokémon Aprijuice!
SUBMISSIONS
Start a conversation with @Stellar titled "Round 5 Submission"

Your screenshot may look like this.​
  • You may either submit a screenshot of the above screen (found in the record hall) or the total score found at the end of the course.
  • All screenshots must include the score as well as the three Pokémon used.
  • You may only submit one screenshot or photo. Select your best score.
  • You should not post your results publicly.
CONTESTANTS (TOP 8) & LEADERBOARD
atsync
elcheeso
LegendaryElitist
makiri
Mekkah
Nexus
Wyverii
zdrup15

1. Wyverii - 574
  2. atsync - 558
  3. Nexus - 526
  4. Mekkah - 522
  5. LegendaryElitist - 509
  6. makiri - 462
  7. elcheeso - 455
  8. zdrup15 - N/A
The top 4 contestants from this round will move on to Round 5. Sign-ups are no longer open.

Due to emulation restrictions and the nature of this challenge, I cannot provide a save file. I advise the use of a physical cartridge due to the challenge's heavy reliance on the touch screen.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
For clarification, the screenshot I posted is not the only one I will accept. You can also screenshot the final score you are given at the end of the speed course.
Also this is the normal course and not the supreme one.

Pennant capture already has me raging hard :/

Does anyone know if there's a highest possible score for the speed course?

Pennant capture already has me raging hard :/

Does anyone know if there's a highest possible score for the speed course?
I'm sure there are physical limitations...a good baseline would be 18 or more laps for the Relay Run, 45-50 flags for the Pennant Capture, and a time below 80 seconds on the Hurdle Jump.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I'm sure there are physical limitations...a good baseline would be 18 or more laps for the Relay Run, 45-50 flags for the Pennant Capture, and a time below 80 seconds on the Hurdle Jump.
With the team you have it would probably be good to shoot for 15 or more laps for Relay, 50-55 flags in pennant capture (why does everyone find this event so hard?) and a time below 87 seconds on the Hurdle Jump. God knows you're not getting below 80, but above 87 is just kinda feeble really...

With the team you have it would probably be good to shoot for 15 or more laps for Relay, 50-55 flags in pennant capture (why does everyone find this event so hard?) and a time below 87 seconds on the Hurdle Jump. God knows you're not getting below 80, but above 87 is just kinda feeble really...
50-55 flags is gonna be nearly impossible on the speed one (the skill course version is a LOT more manageable) because your opponents are really fast and will constantly hit you from behind to take your pennants and stun you.

It's just annoying and luck based...well at least all of my runs of Pennant capture have been. Thankfully the other two events are pretty manageable.

Ugh, Pennant capture... It stands out as the only event preventing me from unlocking the Friendship room. I'm not competing for the giveaway, but I share the pain of those who are.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
There are about 45 hours left until the end of this round. Continued good luck to those who have yet to submit a score!

Things are getting down to the wire now. :) I'm so excited for next round!

I should've aimed for a higher score....now I'm scared that I might not make it to the final round.

I hope I get lucky and the remaining three won't submit any scores at all :]

Stellar

of the Distant Past
Scores are up! Wyverii, atsync, Nexus, and Mekkah move on to the finals.

Congratulations to everyone who made it to this round, you guys have been awesome and I hope you enjoyed the contest at least a bit.

New round will be up later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)