XY OU Analysis Reservation Index - READ CAREFULLY (MAKING A NEW THREAD)

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Taunt WoW Victini, SDef Gliscor, and Cresselia need analyses. I'll be watching the threads closely and WILL bring them up to be reassigned if you don't show the baseline understanding of the sets and what they do in the metagame. Anyways up for reservation ^_^

I'm not entirely sure about Chandelure, I feel like I'd rather just use Gengar for the stall breaking role which does a better job against offense too as it has a better Speed tier. The only thing is that it can Sub + kill Bisharp, and it actually beats non-Taunt/Roar Tran, which might be enough. I'll give it a run and see what I think.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Taunt WoW Victini, SDef Gliscor, and Cresselia need analyses. I'll be watching the threads closely and WILL bring them up to be reassigned if you don't show the baseline understanding of the sets and what they do in the metagame. Anyways up for reservation ^_^

I'm not entirely sure about Chandelure, I feel like I'd rather just use Gengar for the stall breaking role which does a better job against offense too as it has a better Speed tier. The only thing is that it can Sub + kill Bisharp, and it actually beats non-Taunt/Roar Tran, which might be enough. I'll give it a run and see what I think.
I'll do taunt WoW before I quit for good I guess, but that's it :>

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

It also beats Mega Char X easier due to the extra power, plus it can check and cripple Mega Mawile behind a Sub (Infiltrator), as well as SubToxic Aegislash. Also, SubTaunt Chandelure with dual STABs is not half bad against balanced teams, while still fucking up stall really hard.

May I do a Swords Dance Crawdaunt set? I noticed that it is the final slash on the set and I really do believe it needs its own set. It can absolutely dominate teams after a Swords Dance, being a real nuisance to stall / bulky teams. It also can take on offensive teams quite nicely w/ Aqua Jet. For these reasons, I'd like to write a set for this. =)

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
May I do a Swords Dance Crawdaunt set? I noticed that it is the final slash on the set and I really do believe it needs its own set. It can absolutely dominate teams after a Swords Dance, being a real nuisance to stall / bulky teams. It also can take on offensive teams quite nicely w/ Aqua Jet. For these reasons, I'd like to write a set for this. =)
It was added to the set because both of them encompassed the idea of a 'wallbreaker'. Whether it's wielding a choice band and going straight for attacks, or setting up for one turn and then trying to blast through as many pokemon as it can, it will still have the same goal. Because of how similarly they play, it's easier for them to just stay under the one set.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Been away for the weekend, will update everything and move stuff when I get home in a little while.

alexwolf go ahead with Chandelure

Celebi and CM BP Sylveon are up for reservation. Especially for the first one, I'll be watching to make sure you know what you're doing in regards to them.

Officially bringing up the removal of Mega Banette's analysis. It's honestly just not worth the Mega slot for an /ultimate revenge killer/ that's reliant on 50/50s to some extent to work in the best place. Things like Deo-S (though likely soon to be banned), Thund-I, SR Exca, and Scarfers as well as actual checks to setup sweepers are flatly better than using one Mega Pokemon for the purpose of Prankster DBond. Thoughts? If there's a consensus I'll get it out once we deal with the rest of the updates.

I like using Mega Banette but it is kinda bad.

Tagging Ash Borer who presumably doesn't give a shit but I'd like his opinion since he used to use it n_n.

I'm agreeing w/ removing Mega Banette entirely, it's just not that great.
Also, may I take over Infernape Jukain? It's been in the WIP stage for a bit now.

I'm agreeing w/ removing Mega Banette entirely, it's just not that great.
Also, may I take over Infernape Jukain? It's been in the WIP stage for a bit now.
I would greatly want recommendations on what EV's (I've used 88 Sp.A work with Fire Blast to 2hko deoxys-s and lando-T though)I should put on the endeavor set and stuff for usage tips and things that's not "most of the time use it as a suicidal lead and weaken and ko things that would usually love to be sent in on Infernape", which I have not gotten and I still should test to see what else. Everything else is basically done, and if not for that set it would be QC ready.

Last edited:
Does QC think an Assault Vest Bisharp set is worth it? Just wondering, I'd be interested in writing said set if approved =)!

Jukain

!_!
Alomomola needs a writer as TRC doesn't want to do it. His skeleton should be used to write it. Anyways that can be reserved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)