XY OU Analysis Reservation Index - READ CAREFULLY (MAKING A NEW THREAD)

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
can someone write up balloon offensive tran? it's pretty cool on certain offensive teams where you like tran's synergy and w/e but need sr and don't want a more passive defensive set. it's also cool bc you can check offensive grounds like exca and chomp to some extent, and deal with certain things like the latis, clefable, and mega venusaur. one of the best things is it has a good matchup vs most defoggers particularly skarm which allows you to keep it up pretty consistently. imo a pretty good set that we for sure need in the analysis.

No I can write Alomomola, I didn't want to but now that I've finished all my other work over the last few days I can return to working on this.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
sry for triple post but wanted to make a separate post for this

i guess i'll take celebi since i want it done well and i can't get someone to do it

Nog, since i'm kinda tired of having to reassign celebi, i discussed what the sets should be with some other qc members, and imo:

specially defensive:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Stealth Rock / Thunder Wave

in moves mention heal bell, perish song, magic coat and boosting moves to baton pass off. the set given takes advantage of celebi's main niche which is setting stealth rock / thunder wave and neither of lati@s or amoonguss can attest to that. baton pass is a necessity, because RIP bisharp otherwise. mention bumping up speed to 256 to outspeed diggersby, 260 dragonie, 266 tyranitar (i think i got these right)

nasty plot:

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power

celebi can also pull off a decent nasty plot set, so this should be the second set. mention talonflame as a partner since it's a pretty good heatran lure for it. mention healing wish in the moves section as a surprise revive to a teammate. also mention 40 hp / 252 spa / 216 spe modest as a secondary option to just outspeed kyurem-b and lower

unless someone else has some input to convince me otherwise, make these the only two sets please.

Reactions: Nog

Jukain

!_!
i'd prefer 20 speed evs on spdef as there's no real reason to outspeed ttar pre-mega when you can't actually do anything to it. otherwise the set look good, besides the fact that i would actually slash in heal bell on spdef as opposed to a moves mention if no one's opposed.

i also think the modest spread is better for np considering the speed isn't really all that important while the power can be relevant like you get an 81.3% chance to ohko mega ttar in the sand with +2 giga, guaranteed ohko on aegi with +2 ep, and good chance to ohko mega maw after rocks pre-boost. i haven't done extensive calcs but just in my experience using it modest > timid. the only real thing that you're doing with timid is tying char y which is w/e.

i'd prefer 20 speed evs on spdef as there's no real reason to outspeed ttar pre-mega when you can't actually do anything to it. otherwise the set look good, besides the fact that i would actually slash in heal bell on spdef as opposed to a moves mention if no one's opposed.

i also think the modest spread is better for np considering the speed isn't really all that important while the power can be relevant like you get an 81.3% chance to ohko mega ttar in the sand with +2 giga, guaranteed ohko on aegi with +2 ep, and good chance to ohko mega maw after rocks pre-boost. i haven't done extensive calcs but just in my experience using it modest > timid. the only real thing that you're doing with timid is tying char y which is w/e.
baton passing out is kinda important to ensure they don't double switch.

and those calcs seem good enough to warrant modest

A Pokemon I've been playing testing recently is Hydreigon. Hydreigon is actually not half bad! It is one of the few special attackers that can break through Chansey (Superpower) and it still can launch off powerful Draco Meteors. What really holds it back is that it is often outclassed by Kyurem-B and other Dragon-types, for the most part, and its Speed is really sucky. It has decent bulk and an ok typing, but it kind of holds it back a bit. However, it still smashes things and is quite versatile. Thoughts?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
A Pokemon I've been playing testing recently is Hydreigon. Hydreigon is actually not half bad! It is one of the few special attackers that can break through Chansey (Superpower) and it still can launch off powerful Draco Meteors. What really holds it back is that it is often outclassed by Kyurem-B and other Dragon-types, for the most part, and its Speed is really sucky. It has decent bulk and an ok typing, but it kind of holds it back a bit. However, it still smashes things and is quite versatile. Thoughts?
I think it would need a ton of team support in order to break through fairies, especially azumrill which walls it completely.

I think it would need a ton of team support in order to break through fairies, especially azumrill which walls it completely.
That is what teammates are for. Fairy-types aren't exactly the bane of it, I mean, a lot of top threats in OU are weak to Fairy-type like Tyranitar and Keldeo. I acknowledge it needs team support, but so do a lot of Pokemon.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
That is what teammates are for. Fairy-types aren't exactly the bane of it, I mean, a lot of top threats in OU are weak to Fairy-type like Tyranitar and Keldeo. I acknowledge it needs team support, but so do a lot of Pokemon.
I'm not completely against Hydreigon due to its nice resistances and offenses, though it still has a few existing problems in the metagame. Make sure to post some logs to back up your claims.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)