XY Pokémon Models

I really hate the Scizor model; it's not so much the model itself, but that it's such a dull red now, even compared to gen 5... It's like somebody sprayed matte finish all over him!

I haven't played the games yet, but I saw some 3D models on Serebii or YouTube videos, and Abomasnow is a major disappointment IMO.

Abomasnow looks cool in gen V games, but the gen VI model has rectilinear arms and a stupid looking-face ; it lost all the coolness it previously has.
Togekiss is another major disappointment.

Gen V sprite for Togekiss looks nice and cute, but the gen VI model just sucks. Its wings were severely ripoffed, and again its face looks stupid. I didn't think Togekiss' face looked as round.

Oh, and I hate how Aggron's model is animated.

I really hate the Scizor model; it's not so much the model itself, but that it's such a dull red now, even compared to gen 5... It's like somebody sprayed matte finish all over him!
The lighter colors of the 3D models really do make some pokemon look weird. I don't think Scizor looks too bad though. Forretress, on the other hand...

This thing doesn't even look like it's made of metal. :/

I'm not really disappointed in that many of the new models, but something that bothers me is that Gamefreak was too lazy to put in transparency effects on pokemon with smoke or fire coming out of them. Also that they never actually disconnect from the actual pokemon. See:

You can't see it in these images, but in game it's all completely solid and always stays connected in the same way. No smoke puffs, no wisps of fire, nothing. It looks especially terrible on Torkoal with the smoke blob's outline moving independently of the smoke.

Edit: Forgot one.

It's a lot smaller than I thought it looked like from the old sprites. How am I supposed to do my laundry in this thing? I can wash a sock... maybe.

Last edited:
Yeah, I gotta agree with you for the smoke/fire- although I have to say another model I don't like is Excadrill. In Gen V it had that "Don't mess with me if you wish to live" look. Gen VI, it looks sort of... derpy, even for a mole.

as some one already said swoobat is the only one that I actually noticed how terrible it looked since I don't pay attention to this stuff too much really. its a little fat troll bat that looks disgusting, and I don't think it is supposed to look like that given the bw sprites

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/josheek55/pokemon/poryzmaison.jpg
Porygon-Z. His model is great, but his animations... OH HIS ANIMATIONS. He like randomly spazzes out and twitches and it's just all so perfect and is why I love Porygon-Z so much and they conveyed it so perfectly and I need to see him in Pokemon-Amie RIGHT NOW.

I actually find Archeops and Eelektross's models and animations really cool as well, two that seem to be getting some flak.

I don't care for Megazard X's model. It looks cool in the anime and in the official artwork. The in-game model animates oddly, though. The flames emanating from its mouth look much too solid, and the way it floats instead of flapping its wings seems unnatural.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/josheek55/pokemon/poryzmaison.jpg
Porygon-Z. His model is great, but his animations... OH HIS ANIMATIONS. He like randomly spazzes out and twitches and it's just all so perfect and is why I love Porygon-Z so much and they conveyed it so perfectly and I need to see him in Pokemon-Amie RIGHT NOW.
Have you seen Z's fainting animation? LMAO, only one of the few faint animations I like, because most of them are sad :( Azurill's is another one that is really funny.

…I know there was SOMEone that I found disappointing… but off the top of my head I can't recall who.

EDIT: Oh, it was Spiritomb. I've always hated how disc-like flat and cartoony he looks in the 3D games when, on seeing his Sugimori art, I always imagined him as a swirling cloud of malcontent… Not a… swirling disc with a liddle rod up his arse. Bleck.

EDIT 2: Oh yeah, Torkoal was another one. I hate that his smoke cloud is apparently a part of his model, it just looks cartoony and awkward. Koal looked MUCH better in Colosseum, where he was just a tortoise that occasionally puffed smoke from his back or nostrils.

Eelektross. In BW it seemed large and menacing, a giant electric eel/leech getting ready to attack you.
Now... it's tiny, and it looks like a tapeworm. I thought it was its pre-evo (Eelektrik?), that's how small and un-threatening it looked.
Apart from that one, though, I have yet to see a disappointing model.
I disagree. Eelektross was cool in BW, for sure, but its goofy habit of hopping around around on its liddle footfins was about as far from intimidating as you can get. (also, hopping is not 'levitating'… just sayin')

You know what it looks like now? A lamprey. Hmm myep. That works.
Personally I think it's eerier and more alien than ever now, which is plenty intimidating enough for me.

Last edited:
mamoswine's 3-d model looks like a lump of poo. Prob a mistake on their part so I hope they fix it for the Z version

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)