Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on what goes first. If the Pokemon with Sunny Day brings up the Sun before Surf gets used, then Surf is decreased by the Sun, the same thing applies the opposite way around, if Surf goes while rain is still up it doesn't get decreased and then the Sunny day comes up :]
I thank you so much, the Swift Swim logic really threw me off with this scenario.

I thank you so much, the Swift Swim logic really threw me off with this scenario.
The Swift Swim thing is because turn order is decided before any other factors. What happens is the game receives the moves and places them in this order: Switching, Mega Evolution, Moves (sorted by priority, from highest to lowest). Any ties are broken by speed. The game does not consider any conditions when determining this except for those present at the beginning for the turn (before any of the actions, including switching, happen). This is also why, despite Mega Evolution changes occurring instantly, Speed appears to not change for one turn and Mega Banette appears to not have Prankster the first turn.

I got a Modest and a Bold Rotom-W with 31/x/31/31/31/31. Since I bred them in G6, I have no access to Pain Split. How should I play them? HP is Dragon for the Modest one and Dark for the Bold one, so it´s no option either. Maybe ChestoRest?

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I got a Modest and a Bold Rotom-W with 31/x/31/31/31/31. Since I bred them in G6, I have no access to Pain Split. How should I play them? HP is Dragon for the Modest one and Dark for the Bold one, so it´s no option either. Maybe ChestoRest?
Modest...
Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball Trick
Pretty nice set.

Bold...
Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
Yeah, RestoChesto is probably your best option! Good luck!

Last edited:
Modest...
Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
Pretty nice set.

Bold...
Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
Yeah, RestoChesto is probably your best option! Good luck!
Just a minor nitpick, but Shadow Ball is really weak on Rotom-W and adds little relevant coverage. Trick is preferred on Choice sets in order to cripple walls (Watch out for Mega Venusaur, though! Being locked into Trick is no fun at all.).

Reactions: trc

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just a minor nitpick, but Shadow Ball is really weak on Rotom-W and adds little relevant coverage. Trick is preferred on Choice sets in order to cripple walls (Watch out for Mega Venusaur, though! Being locked into Trick is no fun at all.).
Oh oops x_x I don't know what I was thinking, yeah I agree completely. Trick is much better, I'll make the change, thanks!

Yes, it's called SPL and it happens every year. It just finished not too long ago. It's one of the premiere (heh) Smogon Tournaments and even has its own subforum.
well, i know about spl and i have followed it this year but UU & LC are also played in spl, iirc. I was asking about ones which are for one tier only and are not official tournaments and whose threads are posted in the tier forums.

well, i know about spl and i have followed it this year but UU & LC are also played in spl, iirc. I was asking about ones which are for one tier only and are not official tournaments and whose threads are posted in the tier forums.
They are played in SPL, but old gen versions of those tiers aren't and are played only in UUPL or LCPL. Since SPL already features old gen OU tiers and since XY OU is featured quite heavily in SPL, a dedicated "OUPL" would be really redundant.

This isn't pokemon related at all, but is anyone else having a problem where you keep logging out of the forums randomly? I can be viewing a page and automatically be logged off, without refreshing or anything and its only been a problem recently. I haven't changed any settings on my browser or computer and I'm not using private browsing. If there's a better place to post this, please tell me where.

Last edited:
U turn- Rock slide and EQ and i wanted aeral ace to deal with Mega Venusaur

Edit it seems it doesn't wtf i swore it learned it , if doesn't thats dam retarded gamefreak

Darnell

Respected.
U turn- Rock slide and EQ and i wanted aeral ace to deal with Mega Venusaur

Edit it seems it doesn't wtf i swore it learned it , if doesn't thats dam retarded gamefreak
It doesn't learn Rock Slide? Are you talking about Landorus?

Tornadus can get Aerial Ace.
Landorus can get Rock Slide.

I've been thinking of basing a team around CroCrune, since I love that big lug, but I'm not the best with playing stall; are there teammates out there that'll help CroCune shine that don't necessarily make a stall team, or am I more or less SOL?

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've been thinking of basing a team around CroCrune, since I love that big lug, but I'm not the best with playing stall; are there teammates out there that'll help CroCune shine that don't necessarily make a stall team, or am I more or less SOL?
From the analysis:
Toxic Spikes users greatly improve the effectiveness of this set as most of Suicune's counters are vulnerable to them. Specifically, Pokemon that can wall Suicune's mono-attacking coverage or power or that are otherwise unthreatened by its power, such as Jellicent, Blissey, and Quagsire, all fall to Toxic Spikes. Pokemon that can form a Fire / Water / Grass core with Suicune have excellent defensive synergy with it and are thus excellent partners. Examples of this include Mega Venusaur, Ferrothorn, and Heatran. For a more offensive approach, Pursuit users such as Tyranitar, Scizor, and Weavile can eliminate Jellicent and Celebi, two of Suicune's best counters. Scizor is also notable for being able to scare out or OHKO Celebi with its powerful U-turn. Alternatively, one can run Suicune alongside wallbreakers such as Kyurem-B and Hydreigon, which can wear down Suicune's checks and set up a late-game Suicune sweep.
:)

Hello again guys, I know this is getting really annoying but I need a pokemon that can fit into these criterias:
  • Can check or counter Manaphy
  • Can check or counter M-Venasaur
  • Not have a Stealth Rock Weakness or Be able to defog / rapid spin

The closest thing I could find was Kyurem-B, however I didn't have a Defoger, so it was hard for it to switch in multiple times.

Hello again guys, I know this is getting really annoying but I need a pokemon that can fit into these criterias:
  • Can check or counter Manaphy
  • Can check or counter M-Venasaur
  • Not have a Stealth Rock Weakness or Be able to defog / rapid spin

The closest thing I could find was Kyurem-B, however I didn't have a Defoger, so it was hard for it to switch in multiple times.
lati@s can work as soft check for manaphy while also scaring the fuck out of venusaur with thunderbolt and psyshock. Unware clefable with psyshock can also work, but the trick is how to fit psyshock on its moveset.

lati@s can work as soft check for manaphy while also scaring the fuck out of venusaur with thunderbolt and psyshock. Unware clefable with psyshock can also work, but the trick is how to fit psyshock on its moveset.
Thanks, I'll test that.
Still open for more suggestions though, as I'm running more of a Defencive team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)