Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
More curios than anything: can Cursed Body disable multiple moves? And if non-Mega Banette (this is the one Pokemon it's relevant on) has Disabled one of its opponent's moves, can it still pull off Cursed Body hax, and similarly, if Banette has disabled something with Cursed Body, can it still use Disable?

(Afaik Banette is the only thing I know that has both Disable and Cursed Body.)
Disable can only block one move at a time (same with curse body, which is the same as disabling). I know this from experience (also might say something here)

Kind of interesting mechanic difference if you read through those Bulbapedia articles. From what I gather, reading both articles, the number of turns disabling lasts is sort of based on a hidden counter that drops at the end of each turn including the turn you actually use the move (sort of like Perish Song)

The move Disable always gives the counter a value of 4 while Cursed Body always gives a counter of 3.

However since Cursed Body activates in response to getting hit with a move already used that turn this means it always disables the move AFTER it is used. So the counter falls from 3 to 2 before the opponent is even given the option to select moves again. So cursed Body force you to go without a move for 2 turns.

On the other hand, Disable is a move based on the user's speed so it can activate before the enemy attacks and thus potentially stop the use of their move if they are using the same move as last turn. From there it is always 3 turns the disable Pokemon can not select the disabled move.

In the end it's generally the critical move you need to be using that gets disabled and so you are forced to switch. But if for some reason you think you'll accomplish more or risk less by staying in you can always know how long you're going to go without the disabled move based on how it was disabled.

What would you guys consider good partners for Mega Garchomp? He has great physical bulk and mixed attacking, but his speed is lacking. I'm guessing volt-turners or pivot switches?

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
What would you guys consider good partners for Mega Garchomp? He has great physical bulk and mixed attacking, but his speed is lacking. I'm guessing volt-turners or pivot switches?
Anything that sets sand, Exca for a fast sweeper to clean up what Mchomp left in ruins, and pivot switches like Rotom-W and Celebi (who both have access to volt-turn) make for pokemon that can help it come in easy and take hits when needed.

Anything that sets sand, Exca for a fast sweeper to clean up what Mchomp left in ruins, and pivot switches like Rotom-W and Celebi (who both have access to volt-turn) make for pokemon that can help it come in easy and take hits when needed.
Thank you for your response! Isn't Baton Pass on Celebi superior to u-turn as u-turn has negligible damage output whilst baton pass still eases prediction while preventing some pursuit traps?

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
U-turn can prevent you from being Taunt bait, it really depends on your set. However, Spdef celebi checks many psychic types, meaning U-turns damage even with no investment will still hit decently.

Is there a metagame where all moves learned in previous gens are not allowed? All Pokemon/moves must be obtained in gen VI.

(Not sure if this is even the right place to ask this ....)

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Firebird101 said:
Sorry for the rather noobish question but when are the tiers updated?
not a noobish question don't worry :)
the tiers are updated about every 3 months, and were done recently if i'm not mistaken

Awesome, thanks for the answers ^^

but if I may ask again are they always updated every three months or will the coming of ORAS halt the tier update?

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Awesome, thanks for the answers ^^

but if I may ask again are they always updated every three months or will the coming of ORAS halt the tier update?
It's still gen 6, so I think the tiers will continue their normal process, similar to what happened with Diancie earlier this month.

Hey I need help with my team: I have a sandstorm tournament here soon is this a good team to use against it?

Hawlucha
Politoed
MisMagius
Whimiscott
???
???

Need two more to help out this team. Also does anyone know what pokemon moveset to use for Mismagius as a wall and staller?

Hey I need help with my team: I have a sandstorm tournament here soon is this a good team to use against it?

Hawlucha
Politoed
MisMagius
Whimiscott
???
???

Need two more to help out this team. Also does anyone know what pokemon moveset to use for Mismagius as a wall and staller?
I'm not sure what you mean by a sandstorm tournament, but if you're using Mismagius as wall, I'm pretty sure Cofagrigus outclasses it as a Ghost-Type wall since it has better defensive stats overall, though if you need defensive Pokemon, there are usually better options than Cofagrigus if you're not using Trick Room. As for your last 2, you may benefit from having strong wallbreakers to make it easier for Hawlucha to sweep. Since you have Politoad and can benefit from Rain-boosted hits, Keldeo, Kingdra, Kabutops and Omastar might be good ones to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)