Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on opinon I would like to know which move of these 2 is a better Ground move?

Mud Shot(55 BP 95 Acc 100% -1 Speed) or HP Ground? (60 BP 100 Acc)

Mainly for something I want to breed. HP Ground would be good coverage but gets Mud Shot as an EM.
What exactly is the Pokemon you are looking to breed though? I basically took a look at a list of Pokemon that gets Mud Shot as Egg Moves, and neither of them actually need the Ground coverage, either that or they get better Ground moves. But anyways Mud Shot is still a decent choice if you don't mind the drop in accuracy, considering then you can get HP Fire or something for coverage too.

What exactly is the Pokemon you are looking to breed though? I basically took a look at a list of Pokemon that gets Mud Shot as Egg Moves, and neither of them actually need the Ground coverage, either that or they get better Ground moves. But anyways Mud Shot is still a decent choice if you don't mind the drop in accuracy, considering then you can get HP Fire or something for coverage too.
Masquerain, mainly if I want to run Bug/Flying/Ground coverage and not run Hydro Pump if I dont want to.

though I'd thought I'd ask this question in case I come accross other Pokes with Mud Shot but no access to better Ground Moves other than HP Ground.

Not exactly OU material so dont know if its worth asking here but meh.

Masquerain, mainly if I want to run Bug/Flying/Ground coverage and not run Hydro Pump if I dont want to.

though I'd thought I'd ask this question in case I come accross other Pokes with Mud Shot but no access to better Ground Moves other than HP Ground.

Not exactly OU material so dont know if its worth asking here but meh.
Wow Masquerain, one of my personal favorites even though it is unviable haha. Honestly I would Hydro Pump though, considering its huge lack of power, even with a Choice Specs. Another possible option would be to run Baton Pass to pass Quiver Dance, which is a nice niche. Anyways for the original question on HP Ground vs Mud Shot, I would honestly prefer HP Ground, because Masquerain lacks bulk to take a hit in the case of a miss, though if it is hard to breed for HP Ground, then Mud Shot is probs ok too.

trying to make a fake a** pikachu team i put im using emolga so far after what i saw at worlds is pachirisu good in ou singles with the right help or can she only work in doubles

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
trying to make a fake a** pikachu team i put im using emolga so far after what i saw at worlds is pachirisu good in ou singles with the right help or can she only work in doubles
Considering the fact that it was designed to tank hits to allow other Pokemon to hit hard, it works only in Doubles, or even Triples one could venture to say. Not sure what a decent Singles set would be for Pachirisu, but the VGC Worlds Pachirisu would not be a good set in Singles.

try an Assault Vest set with Super Fang, Nuzzle, U-turn and something else

Pachirisu sucks in singles and should never be used. To be honest none of the Pikachu clones should really be used.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Pretty much all of the pikaclones are only useful in doubles/triples.

Could someone name a good spinblocker for OU that isn't gengar? I'm trying to run a sticky web team, and since the dominant spinner in OU liquefies gengar with it's stab mold breaker earthquake, I want a better one. ._.

If you want one that doesn't get destroyed by Excadrill, Air Balloon Chandelure, Sableye, and Cofagrigus are all decent spinblockers. Chandy might work especially well because it's speed tier lends itself to liking Sticky Web support.

Can anyone suggest a good Thundurus check in an offensive team? I tried Latias but it either gets destroyed by Knock Off or Pursuited by Ttar.
Also, what does anyone playing stall use to prevent a 6 - 0 by Mega Heracross ? Mew gave me a lot of trouble as well.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Could someone name a good spinblocker for OU that isn't gengar? I'm trying to run a sticky web team, and since the dominant spinner in OU liquefies gengar with it's stab mold breaker earthquake, I want a better one. ._.
Sableye is by far the best non-Gengar ghost in OU. It has reliable recovery + priority will-o-wisp, so it'll almost always handle drill perfectly. Cofagrigus is also decent, but lacks recovery + as useful of an ability. Chandy is also decent, but it needs an Air Balloon to beat Drill.
Can anyone suggest a good Thundurus check in an offensive team?
Raikou is really cool for checking Thundurus.
Also, what does anyone playing stall use to prevent a 6 - 0 by Mega Heracross
Doublade + Granbull are the best stops to it. Clefable is much more viable than these two, but is less reliable, since hazards ruin its chances of beating Hera. There is also HP Flying Landorus-T and Toxic + Stone Edge Landorus-T, but Land-T isn't that fit for pure stall.
Mew gave me a lot of trouble as well.
Toxic Gliscor and Toxic Heatran are two good Mew answers for stall teams.

I want to run an offensive Mega Venusaur, but because I'm crap at breeding for Hidden Power I want to use EQ and Leech Seed over HP Fire and Synthesis. Should I still run a Modest nature, or should I switch to something like Quiet, and what would be a good EV spread?

I want to run an offensive Mega Venusaur, but because I'm crap at breeding for Hidden Power I want to use EQ and Leech Seed over HP Fire and Synthesis. Should I still run a Modest nature, or should I switch to something like Quiet, and what would be a good EV spread?
Switch to quiet. Mega Venu doesn't really need its speed all THAT much. Pretty much just invest in HP and SAtk. Even 252 Atk EVs wouldn't let his EQ OHKO Bulky Heatran even 50% of the time, so you may as well just not invest in it, since it's a 2HKO either way.

Can anyone suggest a good Thundurus check in an offensive team? I tried Latias but it either gets destroyed by Knock Off or Pursuited by Ttar.
Also, what does anyone playing stall use to prevent a 6 - 0 by Mega Heracross ? Mew gave me a lot of trouble as well.
like the other dude said Raikou is really good but if you don't have a mega then mega manectric is definitely better. Think of it like m-venu and amoonguss

Switch to quiet. Mega Venu doesn't really need its speed all THAT much. Pretty much just invest in HP and SAtk. Even 252 Atk EVs wouldn't let his EQ OHKO Bulky Heatran even 50% of the time, so you may as well just not invest in it, since it's a 2HKO either way.
Actually Quiet is not exactly ideal for offensive Venusaur. Offensive Venu is a good check to CroCune with 44 Spe EV, but it would need more with Quiet. Modest is fine because it still 2HKOs Heatran regardless.
Offensive Venusaur should run 44 Spe for Crocune, 252 SAtk Modest, and rest in HP.

Actually Quiet is not exactly ideal for offensive Venusaur. Offensive Venu is a good check to CroCune with 44 Spe EV, but it would need more with Quiet. Modest is fine because it still 2HKOs Heatran regardless.

Offensive Venusaur should run 44 Spe for Crocune, 252 SAtk Modest, and rest in HP.
How common even is Suicune these days? I'm not very far into the breeding process, so I can still switch over to Modest really easily, but if one variant of one pokémon is the only thing that really hinders me from going with a Quiet nature, I'd rather not lower my Attack if I'm using EQ. I know I still won't OHKO Heatran, but I might have a better chance at nabbing some other important KOs. Plus, I'll also be using Leech Seed > Synthesis, so CroCune shouldn't be too big of an issue.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
How common even is Suicune these days? I'm not very far into the breeding process, so I can still switch over to Modest really easily, but if one variant of one pokémon is the only thing that really hinders me from going with a Quiet nature, I'd rather not lower my Attack if I'm using EQ. I know I still won't OHKO Heatran, but I might have a better chance at nabbing some other important KOs. Plus, I'll also be using Leech Seed > Synthesis, so CroCune shouldn't be too big of an issue.
If you're planning on using it in battle spot, I think this thread might be a better place to ask since OU and battle spot are very different metagames.

Honestly the only real thing you want to use EQ on would be Heatran so you are not really gonna be missing out on anything with Modest. Suicune is not exactly uncommon, you will probably see one every few matches. Going 44 Spe with Modest means you can always 2HKO with SR damage, while if Suicune goes first, it has a good chance of setting up on you, even with Leech Seed damage.
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 230-272 (56.9 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 152-182 (37.6 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and Leech Seed, and it has more chances to fish for Scald burns.
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. +2 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 116-138 (28.7 - 34.1%) -- 98.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and Leech Seed

Honestly the only real thing you want to use EQ on would be Heatran so you are not really gonna be missing out on anything with Modest. Suicune is not exactly uncommon, you will probably see one every few matches. Going 44 Spe with Modest means you can always 2HKO with SR damage, while if Suicune goes first, it has a good chance of setting up on you, even with Leech Seed damage.
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 230-272 (56.9 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 152-182 (37.6 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and Leech Seed, and it has more chances to fish for Scald burns.
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. +2 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 116-138 (28.7 - 34.1%) -- 98.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and Leech Seed
In the first place, those calcs assume it's 1v1, rather than Mega Venu having to switch in already allowing Suicune a turn of set up in which case it doesn't matter who's faster. But even in a 1v1 scenario with Mega Venu being faster, it's still just a roll for Venu to 2HKO unless as you said Suicune still has SR damage on it (i.e., it hasn't recovered it back with lefties). A neutral attack nature on the other hand lets you more often 2HKO Bisharp (HP Fire would obviously be better for that, but if you're doing EQ for Heatran anyway...), and Bisharp is way more common than Suicune. So the tradeoff is you do a bit more damage to Heatran and 2HKOing Bisharp more often, or you get the chance to beat Suicune on a damage roll in a 1v1 situation. I don't think it really matters either way, but based on the minuscule benefits each provides, I'd personally pick Quiet. To each their own though.

What happened with Jirachi? Last time I checked it was unranked because it had no niche and now it's B+
Aegi ruined his days. With Aegi gone, others thread rose and Jirachi is actually a counter to one of them ( M Gard), among other things.
Jirachi just lost a lot of its niche with the Steel nerf. Jirachi picked up two extra weaknesses just as those two weaknesses ascended and became serious offensive threats.

I guess Ghost isn't so crippling now with Aegislash put away, but some very heavy Dark attacks are flying around out there these days and no defensive Pokemon wants to sit on a Dark weakness when they're so likely to draw Knock Offs. Bisharp *destroys* Jirachi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)