Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I'm building a team I found on here, in-game, found http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/omg-new-meta-charizard-x-stall-team.3510985/

I don't have access to Transfer moves though, and was hoping for advice on an alternate moveset for the skarmory?
A possible movedet would be Brave Bird | Taunt | Roost | Spikes or Whirlwind. This lets Skarmory function just as well, but without Defog you have no way of clearing hazards for your Charizard. Looking for one with Defog on the Wi-Fi Subforum would be an option, if you're wanting to optimize your team :)

Where can I submit a suggestion to conduct a suspect test of the move scald?
There's been some discussion of it recently in the Victory Road forum. http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tiering-thoughts-until-oras.3517181/
Even though quite a few players wish that Scald didn't exist, you'd probably have to argue for a suspect test of Scald by structuring a really tight argument beyond what's been posted in that thread as to why it's an uncompetitive move, that unbalances the Water pokemon that learn and make use of the move to an extent that no other attacking move does.

Does anyone know where I can find the resolution order of the actions taking place at the end of the turn, namely Leech Seed / Status / Weather / Leftovers etc. ?
Thanks

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
From what I can tell you always take damage from passive effects before getting recovery, but I don't really know any more details.

Last edited:

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
So from what I just saw, it goes Leftovers, Leech Seed, Toxic/Burn (Forgot to factor in weather like Hail, so if someone wants to help out with that one, that'd be great). But that's on the simulator: certain it applies to the DS games too, but not entirely sure so don't quote me on it.

To be honest I don't just want to know about what I said, but also the activation of Toxic/Flame Orb, when the weather/Distorsion/Screens end, when taunt and encore end, when wish occurs, I suppose Leftovers abd Black sludge activate the same time, there are also aqua ring and Roots and moves like Infestation that does damage ; and I was wondering if I could have the whole explanation of the end of the turn as a Game mechanic page just as there is a priority order at the start of the turn. But I think that the only way I'll have to discover that will be to test it out on Simulator

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
Does the the Pokemon that get sent in by Healing Wish take hazards damage?

AND

Does Magic Bounce reflect Heal Pulse?
It takes damage before getting the regain, and yes it does.

EDIT: Oops, you do take the heal before hazards. Thanks escarlata, barely paying attention, trying to study. Disregard my imbecility.

Last edited:
@above
Actually no, you heal to full before taking hazards damage. That's how I have been pulling surprise Talonflame sweeps to switch it from below 50% in when rocks are up

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Quick question: Now that Greninja gets Gunk Shot, is there anything that counters it?
Chansey and SpD Cresselia are very solid counters. SpD Gyarados also counters I believe. I don't think there's anything else that can take every move Greninja is known to carry, but I may be forgetting something.

Chansey and SpD Cresselia are very solid counters. SpD Gyarados also counters I believe. I don't think there's anything else that can take every move Greninja is known to carry, but I may be forgetting something.
Actually, Dark Pulse does 47% max to max spdef cresselia, so it isn't exactly a counter (not to mention, with rocks up there is a 1.7% chance to 2hko, heheh). It's a very solid check though, but not exactly a counter.

SpD dos may be able to counter now, but not it catches on. 252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Hidden Power Electric vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gyarados: 312-374 (79.3 - 95.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Cresselia: 174-211 (39.2 - 47.6%) -- 43% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Cress is a strong check, especially with the rise of Dark Pulse Greninja to deal with Mew. Gunk Shot/Low Kick/Ice Beam/Dark Pulse doesn't have many holes as a moveset, and will most likely be viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)