Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is bulk up talonflame worth using/viable? Just saw it and I wonder if it's worth breeding for it, looks interesting tho
Yes, I think it's the best Talonflame set. It supports and it sweeps. And it has a surprise value too, as teams switch in their Talonflame counter only to get it burnt.

Quick question: Now that Greninja gets Gunk Shot, is there anything that counters it?
Besides what other people have mentioned before me, Porygon2 is still a good answer to it (Low Kick is only 60 BP so not very strong). It also Traces Protean to get that stab boltbeam. And Porygon2 can counter Mega Salamence :D

If people decide to run SpD spreads on Mega Sableye, it can avoid the Hydro Pump 2HKO 95% of the time. If it's perfectly healthy anyways. So it's a shaky counter.

That's all I can add right now

Anyone have any good non-Mega stallbreaker Mew checks and counters? Obviously some unburnable Megas stack up well, but there are some Megas that don't stack up well either.

Anyone have any good non-Mega stallbreaker Mew checks and counters? Obviously some unburnable Megas stack up well, but there are some Megas that don't stack up well either.
Stallbreaker Infernape beats Mew 1v1 iirc, the Mixed set beats Mew on the switch-in but not 1v1.

If this is HO though I can see Specs Keldeo putting in some work, either that or Gengar as long as you don't switch-in on a Knock Off.

EDIT: How did I forget Talonflame and Heatran.

I have a Noivern that I bred with the intent of giving it specs. However, I didn't realize that Switcheroo was an egg move, and I have an imperfect attack IV (The stat is 126 at level 94 with no EVs if that helps? I don't know what the IV is). Is it still worth it to put U-Turn on it, or would I feasibly be able to run something like Boomburst? I would really prefer not to rebreed...

I have a Noivern that I bred with the intent of giving it specs. However, I didn't realize that Switcheroo was an egg move, and I have an imperfect attack IV (The stat is 126 at level 94 with no EVs if that helps? I don't know what the IV is). Is it still worth it to put U-Turn on it, or would I feasibly be able to run something like Boomburst? I would really prefer not to rebreed...
U turn is an ok choice for the specs set not for damage but for momentum, if youre in on a mon that you threaten you can use Uturn to scout the potential switch. In general though, Life Orb with roost-Draco-Hurricane-Focus Blast/Flamethrower is a far better choice for Noivern compared to Specs so you can change it to that if you want

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Can anyone give me a huge or decsnt list of mons' that fit and work well with Hyper Offense Teams? :]
Charizard (Mega-X), Greninja, Latios, Azumarill, Bisharp, Charizard (Mega-Y), Garchomp, Gardevoir (Mega), Gengar, Heatran, Heracross (Mega), Landorus, Landorus-T, Latias, Pinsir, Scizor, Talonflame, Thundurus, Dragonite, Excadrill, Gyarados (Mega), Gyarados, Mamoswine, Manectric, Medicham, Terrakion, Aerodactyl, Diggersby, Kyurem-B, Magnezone, Politoed, Tyranitar, Tyranitar (Mega), Alakazam (Mega), Breloom, Hawlucha, Kabutops, Raikou, Starmie, Victini, Crawdaunt, Kingdra, Lucario, Omastar, Scolipede, Staraptor, Ampharos, Azelf, Garchomp (Mega), Gothitelle, Houndoom, Weavile, Infernape, Toxicroak, Chandelure, and Froslass.

This is basically a list of every HO mon you'll see.

What are the rules for deciding who wins "ties" i.e. both last pokemon faint in the same turn?
I'm not 100% sure on what situations this can happen. Maybe some of these can't produce ties, but here are the ones that come to my mind:
  1. Life Orb recoil
  2. Move recoil
  3. Weather Damage
  4. Rocky Helmet, Iron Barbs, Rough Skin and Aftermath
  5. Destiny Bond
  6. Explosion, Selfdestruct and Final Gambit
  7. Ghost-type Curse with less than 50% HP
  8. Solar Power and Dry Skin
  9. Leech Seed + Liquid Ooze
Which ones of these actually cause ties? Who wins in these situations? Is it the same as VGC rules, or are there special Smogon rules for this?

What are the rules for deciding who wins "ties" i.e. both last pokemon faint in the same turn?
I'm not 100% sure on what situations this can happen. Maybe some of these can't produce ties, but here are the ones that come to my mind:
  1. Life Orb recoil
  2. Move recoil
  3. Weather Damage
  5. Destiny Bond
Which ones of these actually cause ties? Who wins in these situations? Is it the same as VGC rules, or are there special Smogon rules for this?
Generally, there are no ties in VGC or on Showdown. In situations where ties might appear, we adhere to the VGC rules, which can be found here: http://assets22.pokemon.com/assets/...14/Play_Pokemon_VG_Rules_and_Formats_2014.pdf

1. Life Orb recoil
  2. Move recoil
  3. Weather Damage
  5. Destiny Bond
Generally, there are no ties in VGC or on Showdown. In situations where ties might appear, we adhere to the VGC rules, which can be found here: http://assets22.pokemon.com/assets/...14/Play_Pokemon_VG_Rules_and_Formats_2014.pdf

Relevant section is Subsection 6.

For those not willing to look it up:

For Selfdestruct-type moves, the user of the move LOSES. This includes Destiny Bond, meaning you cannot claim a win by Destiny Bonding your opponent's last Pokemon with your last pokemon.
For recoil moves, the user of the move WINS. This would include Life Orb, meaning that if your Talonflame causes a double KO with Brave Bird, you would win.
For weather effects/residual damage causing a double faint, the last pokemon to faint that turn is the winner. (I believe this is speed-dependent?) This also includes Perish Song in the event it causes a double KO.
If induced recoil from an ability (Rough Skin/Iron Barbs/Liquid Ooze/Aftermath, Rocky Helmet) results in a double faint, the winner is the Pokemon with the ability that caused the recoil faint. This means that if you punch a Ferrothorn and Iron Barbs causes a double KO, the Ferro wins, not you.

EDIT: You mention the ghost-type Curse. It's not specifically mentioned, but because Curse is end-of-turn residual damage, I'm almost completely positive that you would lose when your Ghost kills itself.

What are the main reasons Excadrill went down from Ubers in gen 6? Would he be banned in a kalos-born-only metagame, in which Landorus is absent (this is more of an opinion question)?

What are the main reasons Excadrill went down from Ubers in gen 6? Would he be banned in a kalos-born-only metagame, in which Landuros is absent (this is more of an opinion question)?
I believe Excadrill fell because of the weather nerf, which stopped it from using infinite sandstorm to outrun and arguably overpower the rest of the metagame.

i have a question about Ivs.

While i was breeding my Feebas trying to find a female 6iv to finally start shiny breeding, i hatched a shiny Feebas with : 31/21/21/31/31/31.
i had planned on making my milotic into a physical wall, however with the imperfect DEF Iv i dunno if it is still worth doing.

I have Checked with Pokemon Showdown and learned that at lvl 50(for battle spot) there is only a 5 point difference between 21 Ivs and 31 Ivs...since i dunno how to do dmg calcs is it possible if someone could tell me if those 5 DEF points is worth re-breeding, hoping for a better Iv spread?

While i was breeding my Feebas trying to find a female 6iv to finally start shiny breeding, i hatched a shiny Feebas with : 31/21/21/31/31/31.
i had planned on making my milotic into a physical wall, however with the imperfect DEF Iv i dunno if it is still worth doing.

I have Checked with Pokemon Showdown and learned that at lvl 50(for battle spot) there is only a 5 point difference between 21 Ivs and 31 Ivs...since i dunno how to do dmg calcs is it possible if someone could tell me if those 5 DEF points is worth re-breeding, hoping for a better Iv spread?
I'd say keep breeding. Even if 5 seems like nothing, someone somewhere will take one turn less to kill you than if you had those 5 points. You'll keep wondering "what if I had kept breeding..".

5 missing points will not allow you to be 2HKOed or OHKOed by anything significant. Its a good mon

I'd say keep breeding. Even if 5 seems like nothing, someone somewhere will take one turn less to kill you than if you had those 5 points. You'll keep wondering "what if I had kept breeding..".
i thought about that but the fact that its a shiny female (what i wanted) made me stay my hand.... however in the same batch that i got my shiny from i also hatched a 6iv female....
5 missing points will not allow you to be 2HKOed or OHKOed by anything significant. Its a good mon
thats great! but now blake has me second guessing myself :/

Edit: also since im on the topic...whats the ideal ev spread for a bold def wall milotic?

i thought about that but the fact that its a shiny female (what i wanted) made me stay my hand.... however in the same batch that i got my shiny from i also hatched a 6iv female....

thats great! but now blake has me second guessing myself :/

Edit: also since im on the topic...whats the ideal ev spread for a bold def wall milotic?
Oh sorry, I didn't catch that it as shiny. In that case I think Id keep it.

Mb

Oh sorry, I didn't catch that it as shiny. In that case I think Id keep it.

Mb
well yea if it wasnt shiny i would have threw out the day care with the other 234235363452 worthless 4iv mons... lol i recently managed to get my hands on a flawless jap ditto + just completed my pokedex so ive been trying to shinify my future ORAS team,(well the ones that look good shiny)

this happened to me when i was going for shiny froakie, that damn shiny charm likes to work at the wrong friggin time lol however i did manage to finally hatch a 6iv timid froakie.....only to find out that NAIVE is the new best nature for greninja >.>'

so the verdit is that its a keeper?

also
  • 248 HP
  • 252 Def
  • 8 SpD

is the ideal spread?

well yea if it wasnt shiny i would have threw out the day care with the other 234235363452 worthless 4iv mons... lol i recently managed to get my hands on a flawless jap ditto + just completed my pokedex so ive been trying to shinify my future ORAS team,(well the ones that look good shiny)

this happened to me when i was going for shiny froakie, that damn shiny charm likes to work at the wrong friggin time lol however i did manage to finally hatch a 6iv timid froakie.....only to find out that NAIVE is the new best nature for greninja >.>'

so the verdit is that its a keeper?

also
  • 248 HP
  • 252 Def
  • 8 SpD
is the ideal spread?
Yuh, for Milotic it seems ok that way. Anyway Timid Greninja isn't too bad because its Gunk Shot still OHKOs stuff which Naive does, except you need SR up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)