Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mental Herb Sturdy Shuckle is guaranteed to get webs up.
The thing with Galavantula is it can't set up more than once, and almost all good teams have a spinner/defogger. I also think ScarfTran seems quite weak, so I like to give it a S.Atk boosting item instead of a scarf. I could take out Heatran for something like scarfed Victini I guess, which would also give me better priority than Gourgiest-S. I'll test it and see.

Edit: Could I just not have a spinner at all? I find I rarely use rapid spin even when hazards are up, so could I just replace Blastoise with a fast mega like Manetric and be fine? Or what if I gave Shuckle a mental herb?
Yeah, you guys are right. Forgot about the Mental Herb Shuckle.
s0me1 b0red I don't think ScarfTran is weak at all and boosting it's attack with choice specs or life orb seems kinda weak since you'll get out-sped and revenged pretty easily. I thought you wanted to build a team around Mega Blastoise but if you want to ditch him it's fine, I'd suggest going for Mega Gallade since it works great with Bisharp and gives you coverage you didn't have (Psychic/Fighting, I'll hunt you down and rip your intestines out if you run Psycho Cut Bisharp). I do think you should have a spinner/defogger or at least a taunter since hazards are op. I'm doing a bit of theory crafting with your team and this is what I came up with: ditch Shuckle and Gourgeist-Super for Ferrothorn. You'll get a wall and a means of setting up rocks and being annoying with Thunder Wave/Leech Seed. Get a Skarmory or Mandibuzz for defogging.
Tell me what you think.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Bulky waters as a rule love scald. And for good reason, it's an incredible move.

Actually, does anything use Surf any more for preference? Usually its either Scald or Hydro Pump.
Rain Dance Manaphy, Latios and Kingdra (uses both surf and hydro pump sonetimes, because surf has no miss risk) are the only pokemon that uses Surf. Hard-hitters like Hydro Pump more and bulky pokemon appreciate the scald burns

I have to ask. Back in the Aegislash days, it was becoming pretty clear that a) Aegis was great and had a lot of fans and b) the meta was being defined by it, particularly where Psychics are concerned. And since it's been booted up, the meta did change significantly, and I think for the better - more stuff is viable. Even Mandibuzz stayed useful.

So my question - hypothetically, because this shouldn't be a huge discussion on forcing a suspect test; if Greninja was suspected, what would be the obvious things to rise and fall? I can't think of much stuff that is nonviable (e.g. Aegis-era Starmie) specifically because of Greninja :/ and Azumarill would probably be better.

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I have to ask. Back in the Aegislash days, it was becoming pretty clear that a) Aegis was great and had a lot of fans and b) the meta was being defined by it, particularly where Psychics are concerned. And since it's been booted up, the meta did change significantly, and I think for the better - more stuff is viable. Even Mandibuzz stayed useful.

So my question - hypothetically, because this shouldn't be a huge discussion on forcing a suspect test; if Greninja was suspected, what would be the obvious things to rise and fall? I can't think of much stuff that is nonviable (e.g. Aegis-era Starmie) specifically because of Greninja :/ and Azumarill would probably be better.
i don't know what would rise in usage, but pokemon used almost solely for checking greninja, such as empoleon, alomomola and the likes, will fall in usage. overall it would free up teambuilding, allowing way more pokemon to be viable.

s0me1 b0red I don't think ScarfTran is weak at all and boosting it's attack with choice specs or life orb seems kinda weak since you'll get out-sped and revenged pretty easily. I thought you wanted to build a team around Mega Blastoise but if you want to ditch him it's fine, I'd suggest going for Mega Gallade since it works great with Bisharp and gives you coverage you didn't have (Psychic/Fighting, I'll hunt you down and rip your intestines out if you run Psycho Cut Bisharp). I do think you should have a spinner/defogger or at least a taunter since hazards are op. I'm doing a bit of theory crafting with your team and this is what I came up with: ditch Shuckle and Gourgeist-Super for Ferrothorn. You'll get a wall and a means of setting up rocks and being annoying with Thunder Wave/Leech Seed. Get a Skarmory or Mandibuzz for defogging.
Tell me what you think.
I wanted to build a sticky web team, so I don't want to get rid of Shuckle.

Also, Mega Absol is fast and has Magic Bounce, how about that for hazard control? (I'm way too ground weak to use Diancie, Air Balloon Excadrill ruins me). I could also use Starmie>Blastoise and run a different mega>Heatran.

There's just too many options, and I can't come to a decision. I'll have to test it.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Tell me what you think.
Fast Tauntran with air balloon can actually out speed a ton of important threats such as stall breaker mew, so it isn't outsped that easily if you invest a lot in speed. However, mega gallade is an excellent option for a sticky web team. The SD set can rip apart HO as well as stall teams with sticky web support.

Edit: If you need help with the team s0me1 b0red, I'm on showdown at around 3:00 every day and I can help you with it.

Last edited:

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
What Mega-Mons are viable in Stall?
Mega Charizard-X, Mega Scizor and Mega Venusaur were basically the only 3 which were used in XY Stall, they are less viable in ORAS stall teams
Mega Altaria is a good pokemon for stall teams but the 2 new mega's that stand out are Mega Slowbro and Mega Sableye. Both are awesome win conditions who can sweep unprepared teams pretty easily.

countering keldeo ?
Mega Venusaur, (Mega) Lati@s, Chesnaught, (Mega) Slowbro, Azumarill, Gyarados. Keldeo can carry coverage to deal with some of those, but that's a handful of good checks and counters. Azumarill and the Lati@s duo are the best answers for offense, Slowbro for stall.

Mega Venusaur, (Mega) Lati@s, Chesnaught, (Mega) Slowbro, Azumarill, Gyarados. Keldeo can carry coverage to deal with some of those, but that's a handful of good checks and counters. Azumarill and the Lati@s duo are the best answers for offense, Slowbro for stall.
what about ditto ? what can he do ?

what about ditto ? what can he do ?
He would get smacked pretty hard by Secret Sword, so the only way ditto could do something against keldeo is if it switches in on a well predicted choiced icy wind, or hp bug. Other than that, it'll just get wiped with Keldeo.

Is it more common for mega beedrill to run jolly or adamant nature.
Jolly, to outspeed mega lopunny, mega manectric, mega sceptile, and I'm pretty sure it's necessary to outspeed greninja too.

nvm, it outspeeds ninja with adamant, but the others are all still fairly important to outspeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)