Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has more options than just Fire Blast tbh. Skill Swap is great and probably better than Fire Blast unless you want a Mon that is worthless vs. Mega Eye and Mega Diancie. Screens are viable for balls-deep hyper offence (see: Drum Azu+ZardX+SD Bisharp etc.), too.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Which set made Gyarados A- rank?
It has a Dragon Dance set (with Waterfall and Bounce) as well as a specially defensive set (capable of checking/countering a lot of things, including specs keldeo, landorus-i, landorus-t, mega lopunny, mega charizard-y, and gengar). It's definitely a really good Pokemon now thanks to those two sets, and definitely deserving of A-.

It has a Dragon Dance set (with Waterfall and Bounce) as well as a specially defensive set (capable of checking/countering a lot of things, including specs keldeo, landorus-i, landorus-t, mega lopunny, mega charizard-y, and gengar). It's definitely a really good Pokemon now thanks to those two sets, and definitely deserving of A-.
Out of curiosity, why Bounce?
I mean, I get flying STAB, but doesn't the "up in the air" turn just make it easy to switch in resists?

Bounce allows it to rack up more Leftovers recovery and get past things like Mega Venusaur. It is easy to switch into resists, yes, but the chip damage adds up.

Weird question, but...
On a few OU replays I saw a Showdown user named "Do You Even DD" using a VoltTurn team of MegaBee, scarf Magnezone, Sylveon, Latios, Rotom-W, and Landorus-T. Anybody know where I could find the team, or the user?

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Everything's right on the money, except the Sylveon was a cleric with Wish and Heal Bell.
I'm trying to find the user, and see if he/she has a RMT.
To be honest, you should probably be using Clefable if you want a fairy-type cleric with wish and heal bell.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok so I'm really confused here: Haunter said that the Metagross suspect test ends on Friday, but it's Saturday already and there aren't any results or anything. I understand my GMT is ahead of his, but his GMT should be Friday as well...

Ok so I'm really confused here: Haunter said that the Metagross suspect test ends on Friday, but it's Saturday already and there aren't any results or anything. I understand my GMT is ahead of his, but his GMT should be Friday as well...
for taking this long, probably mega meta was not banned, at least, i hope so =D

This isn't terribly unusual for the suspect process to take a little longer than planned (although I wouldn't count this as a delay), but at this point it really doesn't matter because any delay at this point will not be a process-breaking event (server catastrophe or something) and regardless, we'll know the results very soon.

Unaware Clefable actually loses to Serperior if it's Physically Defensive, and I'm pretty sure Taunt variants shut it down completely
Clefable has a good chance to not be 2HKOed after Rocks.
252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 160-190 (40.6 - 48.2%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
And I'm pretty sure Taunt serperior isn't a thing, but Clefable does lose to Glare variants if it gets paralyzed.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I saw that Gross remained OU :] yey to screw fairies.

I've been considering to put Draco Meteor on my mega altaria over eq just to beat char x, y and t-flame, since altaria's typing makes a solid check to the former two. Opinions?

p2

Banned deucer.
Clefable has a good chance to not be 2HKOed after Rocks.
252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 160-190 (40.6 - 48.2%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
And I'm pretty sure Taunt serperior isn't a thing, but Clefable does lose to Glare variants if it gets paralyzed.
You forgot about Life Orb which changes that 7% chance into an almost guaranteed 2hko
252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 208-247 (52.7 - 62.6%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I've been considering to put Draco Meteor on my mega altaria over eq just to beat char x, y and t-flame, since altaria's typing makes a solid check to the former two. Opinions?
I think Hyper Voice is better of Draco Meteor for MAltaria, it has pretty the same coverage, it hasn't power drop and it can damage across substitute

You forgot about Life Orb which changes that 7% chance into an almost guaranteed 2hko
252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 208-247 (52.7 - 62.6%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Ah, good point, forgot to add Life Orb. Unaware Clefable isn't a reliable answer to Serperior unless it goes fully specially defensive, then.

Reactions: p2
I think Hyper Voice is better of Draco Meteor for MAltaria, it has pretty the same coverage, it hasn't power drop and it can damage across substitute
He didn't say he'd be having it over Hyper Voice; he said it was purely to lure in and beat what Hyper Voice can't.

Also, to answer your question, if it's the specially offensive set then yeah go for it. You need rocks up or like 30% prior damage to beat talon and chary tho.

AraEdit: Don't double post

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)