Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I found out my safari is Steel with Metang and Mawile my friend list filled right up. If I delete 3DS friends to make room does that delete their friend safaris?

Guys has anyone confirmed these as real (and if they are how the fuck were they found?)
This is what I heard about how he did it. What they did was change values in the ram or something like that, which wouldn't be easy except the format for Pokemon is pretty similar to what it was in Gen V. So they just changed the values of the Pokemon they were encountering to 719, 720, 721, and 722 to find these (722 just was an egg, so no new Pokemon there)

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
This is what I heard about how he did it. What they did was change values in the ram or something like that, which wouldn't be easy except the format for Pokemon is pretty similar to what it was in Gen V. So they just changed the values of the Pokemon they were encountering to 719, 720, 721, and 722 to find these (722 just was an egg, so no new Pokemon there)
Do you have a source or know the name of the guy that did it? Maybe we can get status screen pics.

What do people look for in strong pokemon for competitive? I know stats and moveset but is there anything specific about those you look for? What else is there?

I'm really sick of breeding Noibat at this point, so I need to decide between two I have. I'm planning to use this set as a scout:

Noivern @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
Ability: Frisk
252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Boomburst
- Roost / Taunt (going to try both out and see which I prefer)
- U-turn

U-turn is mostly there for utility. I have the following bats:
31/09/31/31/31/31
31/31/24/31/31/31

Is it worth using the max attack one for more U-turn damage, even though I'm running Timid? Is the 6-point loss in defense notable?

Okay dumb question, since this is a competitive website.....

but is there a place on here for trades where I can exchange stuff without perfect IVs?
I've been hunting for a hidden ability dratini since release and have had no luck at all. The Wi-Fi forum dictates that you have to list the IVs on all trades and I really just want to take this through the in game campaign and worry about competitive later. Is this just not the site for that kind of thing?

Okay dumb question, since this is a competitive website.....

but is there a place on here for trades where I can exchange stuff without perfect IVs?
I've been hunting for a hidden ability dratini since release and have had no luck at all. The Wi-Fi forum dictates that you have to list the IVs on all trades and I really just want to take this through the in game campaign and worry about competitive later. Is this just not the site for that kind of thing?
You can use the simple requests thread.

This is very frustrating, but how does Garchomp get Stealth Rock? I can't seem to find anything for XY, and I've been told 'it's not released yet' but is there really no other way to get it until Pokebank? :/

This is very frustrating, but how does Garchomp get Stealth Rock? I can't seem to find anything for XY, and I've been told 'it's not released yet' but is there really no other way to get it until Pokebank? :/
You could try breeding with Tyrunt as it learns SR by level and is in the dragon egg group.

Thanks, I will test this once I'm done breeding my Magikarps, unless someone beats me to it. I think it would be a good idea to list all the confirmed Pokemon that get Stealth Rock on our Stealth Rock thread (if we have one), and include their egg moves/breeding.

haunter

Banned deucer.
I'm really sick of breeding Noibat at this point, so I need to decide between two I have. I'm planning to use this set as a scout:

Noivern @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
Ability: Frisk
252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Boomburst
- Roost / Taunt (going to try both out and see which I prefer)
- U-turn

U-turn is mostly there for utility. I have the following bats:
31/09/31/31/31/31
31/31/24/31/31/31

Is it worth using the max attack one for more U-turn damage, even though I'm running Timid? Is the 6-point loss in defense notable?
The second one is perfect imo. It's not like 7 points in its Defense stat make any significant difference when it comes to tanking hits (it's frail anyway) and if you're going to run u-turn, then you want it to do some damage, especially since you're sacrificing some of your HP with life orb.

The problem is, stealth rock is not an egg move on Garchomp. It's a move tutor only move. Even if you find a parent with stealth rock, it won't pass it on.

Does anyone by chance know the equation that can be used to calculate the chances of a pokemon being bred with the 5 IVs you want out of however many Perfect IVs you already have. I noticed someone said that the chances of a flawless with two 5IV parents birthing another 5IV mon is 1/6. How is that math done?

For another example, what are the chances of a flawless mon being born with 7/12 IVs being what you want on your parents?

I got a question and a news.

My Question. I captured a Shiny Carnivine. I want to use it, but it seems to have a Att- nature... any idea what I should do? I was thinking an annoyer with Leaf Tornado for the 50% acc lowering chance...; but I know people here frown upon that.

The news is the same guy that found the 3 event pokemon found 2 new Mega's. Mega Latios and Mega Latias.

EDIT: I can't figure out what the spoiler tag is, so I'll just post the link for people not wanting to be spoiled

http://25.media.tumblr.com/fb0ab711da7d0ab7e990fc52584199a3/tumblr_mvkx688lgk1rxenr3o1_400.png
http://31.media.tumblr.com/16536762c75980e0619593024baf0456/tumblr_mvkx688lgk1rxenr3o2_400.png

The only difference I can see is the eye color... I hope Shiny makes them quite different, since I have a Shiny Latias waiting to be transfered. I wonder what stat changes they get

I have also been hearing rumors that people found mega stones for Swampert and Septile, but no proof yet. However, if true... that is a lot of megas from the Hoenn region... and still non for Unova.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)