1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Other XY Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Discussion in 'OverUsed' started by ginganinja, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Chill

Chill

I have pokemon Y downloaded to my 3DS and pokemon X on cart. When I'm in game people from my friends list only appear in pokemon Y. What gives?
  2. November Blue

November Blue NO YOUTUBE, I DO NOT WANT TO WATCH VIDEOS AT MAX VOLUME!!
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I found a Youtube video of a PS battle that was uploaded back in October. In it, a Goodra had Recover. Is this just an error? Will Goodra be able to learn Recover at some point in the future?

How does Outrage interact with Fairy-types? I had thought that switching a Fairy into Outrage would end the rampage and allow the user to switch out. However, on PS, my Dragonite remained locked in. Is this an error?
  3. -Bellossom-

-Bellossom-

Can I change the foe's pokemon megaevolved form if i use knock off, switcheroo or trick?
  4. Olly

Olly

No. Mega items can't be removed via any method.
  5. Olly

Olly

I keep seeing mentions of Scizor with Defog. How does Scizor get Defog right now?
  6. -Bellossom-

-Bellossom-

I think Scizor can't learn it in X & Y
  7. Onicon

Onicon

It does not in the moment; it is the only Bug group Pokemon to have this as an egg move. However, there are no Bug group Pokemon who learn this move. People are referring to the post-Pokebank metagame, where they can transfer viable 4th gen Pokemon for breeding.
  8. Vivillon

Vivillon

I want to make an OU team with diverse types. I already have a flawless BellyJet Azumarill on my team, and I'm considering putting a Malamar on my team.
    I'm new to competitive play, so I really need help. Is Malamar a good member? What ones work well with a BellyJet Azumarill?

No legendaries, please.
  9. kefkakrazy

kefkakrazy

Trevenant would be a good start. Not only is it tough enough to fight off other Grass-types, it also boasts immunity to Mach Punch and enough toughness to not be fazed by Bullet Punch, leaving only Sucker Punch or Shadow Sneak as threats to it. Priority is the bane of Belly Drummers.

Malamar is gimmicky. Contrary Superpower is a hell of a drug, though with Azumarill already on your team I'd be worried about getting wrecked by Grass-types or Electric-types on the enemy team.
  10. rhyperiordude

rhyperiordude

Is talon flame gale wings banned?
  11. Onicon

Onicon

12. CrazyBacon

CrazyBacon

It is not.
  13. Vivillon

Vivillon

Can you recommend a set please?
  14. TheMaster42

TheMaster42

Swords Dance on Blaziken isn't performing how I'd like in 3v3 wi-fi Ratings Battles. Assuming:
    Protect | High Jump Kick | Flare Blitz

what would be the better 4th move, Brave Bird or Shadow Claw?
  15. Mega Mantine

Mega Mantine

I'm thinking Shadow Claw, as there's nothing that Brave Bird hits harder than STAB, Whereas Shadow Claw hits Ghosts like Jellicent and Chandelure that resist Blaziken's STABs.
  16. TheMaster42

TheMaster42

I do believe Brave Bird would hit Flying + Fire/Dragon types harder like Charizard, Salamence, Noivern, Talonflame, etc. etc...
  17. kefkakrazy

kefkakrazy

For the tree? I think that Harvest ability, Sitrus or Lum Berry are pretty standard as things go. Then it can run with Rest (if Lum Berry) or Leech Seed and Protect. Sorry, I haven't run one myself, I just thought of Trevenant as being able to beat a lot of the Grass-types, Electric-types, and priority users that would otherwise wreck your Azu.
  18. Je-Muzu

Je-Muzu

How do you breed Stealth Rock on to Swinub what chain does it require?
  19. Endeby

Endeby

^You need to Sketch it to Smeargle and then use him as the father. This is the only way to do it before Pokebank, as far as I know.
  20. Je-Muzu

Je-Muzu

Thanks
  21. Vivillon

Vivillon

How about moves and EVs?
  22. Dietcoke101

Dietcoke101

Did gen 6 put the limit of EVs per stat to 252, because I have not gotten a 255 on my pokemon ever...If so, it's really helpful, especially for hoard training.
  23. Skyblade12

Skyblade12

Yes, they did. Part of the shift to making them a more core part of the game with Super Training is the reason, I'm guessing.
  24. cinderkitteh

cinderkitteh

A while back, PS thought Goodra had access to recover, but was later disproved and it was taken off. As for Outrage, I think it unlocks, but it will end the rampage and confuse the user.
  25. Colossus

Colossus

May or may not have mentioned this before, but I'm looking to build a full team for random Wi-Fi battles (not related to this site, just random people). I'm running a M-Mawile/Salamence (or Dragonite) core, with Ferrothorn for SR support. What other Pokemon would complement this team well? I'm still in need of a specially oriented pokemon or two, as well as a wall or something. I'm not new to the game, but building a viable team with decent potential is not the easiest for me. Any suggestions, sets/EVs/pokemon or otherwise, are welcome.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 2)

1. hamza984,
  2. Bloop__,
  3. GhostPants,
  4. Aragorn the King,
  5. Croconaw Guy