Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

OK, wrapped up the backsprite for Tyrunt. I liked viper's original colors, but I thought it might have been a tad bit pale, so I tried creating an alternative. The set below consist of viperdk's color scheme, the ones on top are a hybrid color scheme I made with my old one and his combined, setting the RBG values to the average for each shade. You guys can pick which set looks better, although I think the hybrid looks a bit closer to the brown GF was probably shooting for. Aside from that, edited the tail on the front sprite to be a bit thicker. C&C are appreciated as always. Now let's see if I can resize those starters like I said I would three days ago...

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
ok so managed to finish up pangoros front and back basic animation. I'll add the rare animations soon but I'll just send these in for now. The big cracking of the knuckles. Was going to make his leg move like in the front sprite but if I do so, it would be the wrong foot. ah well

pangoro-front.gif
pangoro-back.gif

Layell just letting you know that even though the front animation looks about the same as what it already has, branflakes gave me frames with edited proportions to use instead of his old animation. so yea...

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sweet panda awesomeness

Anyways here is a short list of things that could have shinies now, refer to this chart for shiny pics: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akua_VvFyhZTdDNiOUZhMGplQmphUkgxSTVrSnF6SlE#gid=0

Fronts and backs are helpful

-Mega Mawile (may not be a simple palette edit cause of dumb colours, if someone makes new static colours I'll update the animations)
-Bunnelby
-Fletchling
-Talonflame (there was one but not the latest?? Also double check serebii for correct palette)
-Scatterbug
-Spewpa
-Vivillon (just the silver body kthanks)
-Pangoro
-Spritzee
-Aromatisse
-Swirlix
-Slurpuff
-Inkay
-Clauncer
-Goomy plz

Legitimate Username

NO PLAN SURVIVES
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Typhlito, I think the foot stomp already qualifies as a rare animation. If you're going to add one, I'd remove the stomp (especially since it does not translate to the backsprite well at all). To be honest, those animations confused me a lot when I first saw them since the front and back didn't seem to match up with each other at all. I think a different rare animation would help with that.

Anyways, I'll make sure to make the shiny Mega Mawile soon. I'm going to be revising it when Mega Gardevoir is done (75% complete as of now), since I'm not at all happy with how the head and arms look. Don't want anyone wasting their time with a sprite I'm about to change. I'll probably put Mawile on hold though if Zygarde becomes animation-ready anytime soon.

EDIT: Lockes and Keys, do NOT do that. I've literally just said I'm going to be redoing a lot, and completely re-animating it to get rid of the many, MANY, abnormalities that recolouring it would bring.

Last edited:
Grats Layell on your new Sprite Leader tag!

I think that if you are going to keep the foot stomp to make sure that the timings match for Pangoro and that
if you are going to put a new rare animation in you should put some more arm and face movement.

Sweet panda awesomeness

Anyways here is a short list of things that could have shinies now, refer to this chart for shiny pics: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akua_VvFyhZTdDNiOUZhMGplQmphUkgxSTVrSnF6SlE#gid=0

Fronts and backs are helpful

-Mega Mawile (may not be a simple palette edit cause of dumb colours, if someone makes new static colours I'll update the animations)
-Bunnelby
-Fletchling
-Talonflame (there was one but not the latest?? Also double check serebii for correct palette)
-Scatterbug
-Spewpa
-Vivillon (just the silver body kthanks)
-Pangoro
-Spritzee
-Aromatisse
-Swirlix
-Slurpuff
-Inkay
-Clauncer
-Goomy plz
I actually have shiny sprites for Goomy and Inkay that I've been working on; if no one else is working on them, I could post them here.
Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot, I also have shinies for Swirlix and Clauncher, and am working on Slurpuff and Pangoro.
Edit 2: It turns out that I also have a shiny Bunnelby sprite that I forgot about.

Last edited:
ok so managed to finish up pangoros front and back basic animation. I'll add the rare animations soon but I'll just send these in for now. The big cracking of the knuckles. Was going to make his leg move like in the front sprite but if I do so, it would be the wrong foot. ah well

View attachment 5513 View attachment 5512
I feel the foot stomping looks more like foot tapping in the current animation. I think it would look better if you just turned it into one stomp over a longer duration, possibly having him raise his leg up a bit higher and making it come down with a bit more force.

Also posting a status update to say that I'm working on redoing Amaura's sprites atm during the school hours where I have to work with a paint program that has no resizing tool. Chespin and Fennekin edits are still on the way, they're just coming along slowly with my current schedule.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I feel the foot stomping looks more like foot tapping in the current animation. I think it would look better if you just turned it into one stomp over a longer duration, possibly having him raise his leg up a bit higher and making it come down with a bit more force.
Agreeing with this, although everything else is good.

well if its going to be the cracking of the knuckles, it would be like this

View attachment 5523

Im ok with either changing pangoro to do this instead of the foot stomp or leaving it as is and just edit the foot like axl said. So what do you think?
Would quite like to see the cracking of the knuckles - makes more sense in terms of the back sprite too.

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
I actually have shiny sprites for Goomy and Inkay that I've been working on; if no one else is working on them, I could post them here.
Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot, I also have shinies for Swirlix and Clauncher, and am working on Slurpuff and Pangoro.
Edit 2: It turns out that I also have a shiny Bunnelby sprite that I forgot about.
LOL I just finished Inkay.
do you wanna compare I guess?
I'll try MegaMawile.

So I was going to hold off on posting until I finished the back sprite to this thing but I found it too damn adorable to just leave sitting on my desktop.

Seriously though, Amaura has to be the most lovable Pokémon ever made. GameFreak, seriously, make a plush toy of this thing immediately.

Quanyails :There, I took out most of the dithering on Noivern except under his backsprite's left wing, as it didn't look right in the edited version..

Personally I don't see why the dithering's an issue, as I feel that the sprite looked better with the presence of the dithering. You guys can decide as you will which looks better, so yeah.

Also, Mega Aggron would probably be easier to rotate a pixel or two then changing his facing by remaking the sprite. Might I remind you, that sprite took 8 hours to make at least. So yeah, it would take less time for me to edit than it would rebuilding it. Its not a very big facing change that needs to be made in the first place, as the tail already marks the direction he's facing fairly well. It'd mainly be a mater of moving the head and second plate a bit over to allow for a slightly more turned head. I'll prob. post up the update over the weekend when I have some free time at my house.

EDIT Typhlito I'll jump on the knuclecrack bandwagon, just make it emphasized if possible. This thing's a fighting type, so I'd like to have good reason to envision an audible *pop* whenever I see the animation. +)

Last edited:
Two things:

I had planned for the "second" animation to be fist pounding rather than knuckle cracking, but that's up to you I suppose. I made that single frame with "fist pounding" in mind because that will be easier to read in the form of a small sprite. Secondly, the stomping animation was never actually finished. It didn't loop well because it was intended to go straight to the fist pound and THEN go back to the idle animation fluidly, but obviously that hasn't been done yet lol.

I'm officially done with finals and all of my work for the semester on Sunday, so I may be able to jump back into this by then. Typhlito, if you're still comfortable with completing that animation then by all means go for it. But I wasn't even fully satisfied with my own work on the stomping part, so I might end up editing it regardless. Overall, the animation needs to be more...dynamic. Like aXi said, it looks more like foot tapping than forceful stomping.

Last edited:
As I said earlier, I have a few shinies, so I'm just going to post some of them here.

Also:
LOL I just finished Inkay.
do you wanna compare I guess?
Here's mine. Keep in mind that I only have a frontsprite at the moment, though.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Branflakes325 I dont mind finishing up with pangoro but since it was yours originally, you can take over if you want or we can split the work and you could do the foot stomp and I can do the knuckle cracking. Then we can mesh them together after. Sound like a plan?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
IT'S GOOMY TIME

So yeah some small but important changes. For one regular goomy uses the same dark grey on top half and bottom, but for shiny THAT DON'T WORK. So I edited the static and animation and fixed it, I also did some small shading edits and made the static and animation the same pose (there was a tail missing from my local static copy).

Nobody is allowed to edit this one anymore goomy is done.

Last edited:

Legitimate Username

NO PLAN SURVIVES
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

This should be complete now. I'll give it a few days before doing all the frame rate and colour fixes, just to make ABSOLUTELY SURE that nothing else needs to be updated. If you have any concerns about this animation, better share them now.

Anyways, I'm going to do quite a bit of work on Mega Mawile now. I have great, great plans for it that I'll let everyone know of soon.

EDIT: Ridaz, I couldn't care less about using the 3D models for reference. Their animation style is drastically different from that of sprites, so trying to do so would be really, really pointless.

This is all I needed to base my version on.

Anyways, I'll incorporate some of the suggestions as suggested by Typhlito and Ridaz which shouldn't take too long.

EDIT: princessofmusic, don't worry, I already changed the shading to better match this reference. Admittedly, it was bugging me too.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)