Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

can some1 send the animated sprites for both aegislash forms? ill start the recolour phase
:toast:
Since you completely ignore that I am working on Aegislash's shiny, you leave me no choice but to post it.

Oh, and the animated sprites are in the google doc under animated front / animated back.

Edit: The Artist Of Today

I don't care if you want to do the animated shiny, just take my color scheme into consideration, as it synches up with the other two shinies in the aegislash line that I did.

Last edited:
Since you completely ignore that I am working on Aegislash's shiny, you leave me no choice but to post it.

Oh, and the animated sprites are in the google doc under animated front / animated back.

Edit: The Artist Of Today

I don't care if you want to do the animated shiny, just take my color scheme into consideration, as it synches up with the other two shinies in the aegislash line that I did.
ok ill take your color scheme and add it to the ageislash and bobs your uncle its done.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can handle animation recolouring with aseprite, luckily it's free so if someone else wants to join in on the fun try it out.

N-Kin agreed to let us use his sprites for PS!. Here's a bunch of them:

Some of them are animated and some aren't. I guess it would be up to us to animate those that aren't. I personally think these are some very high quality sprites and should definitely be used for PS!.

Of course, I take no credit for this spritework and am not N-Kin's secretary. If edits are required, it would probably be better to edit them ourselves.

Some of them are animated and some aren't. I guess it would be up to us to animate those that aren't. I personally think these are some very high quality sprites and should definitely be used for PS!.

Of course, I take no credit for this spritework and am not N-Kin's secretary. If edits are required, it would probably be better to edit them ourselves.
I really think our sprites are fine.

Except for maybe the three on the right. Those seem good.

With backs, I'd take MBlaziken (face looks a little squished on ours tbh) and Sylveon (the eyes are more subtle on this one). Greninja maybe (would be very tight, really like the one we have), do like Fennekin and Pancham (probably need palette updates). However, not keen on Delphox (making a back sprite for that would be hell) and Quilladin seems very faded in the mouth department.

princessofmusic - I'll admit I really like that Xerneas sprite, but you'll note that it's far too tall - ripped it out from the spritedex there and it's about 110 pixels tall.

I like the MBlaz too and i think this one looks better than our current. (No offense whoever made the other one)

Same thing wit hthe pancham. I especially like the animation

Edit: If we do use that mega it might need some resizing.

Also, I was looking on deviantART for some xerneas sprites that looked cool because I saw that our current one looked a bit... Weird

Anyway, disregard this if we got our current Xerneas from someone else but I saw that some people had posted recolorations of sprites that looked an awful lot like the ones on the spreadsheet.

http://www.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=xerneas+sprites&offset=0

Click "more" at the bottom and you should find some

Also there are some of Quanys sprites there too lol

Just wanted to bring this up

^ That was what I was referring to...and I must be jaded because I've only just noted your comment of it being too big @_@

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I must say that that sylveon did get the eyes perfect though. Any way we could try getting eyes like that on the current sylveon?

Edit: I also like quilladin's face as well. It doesnt have the rapist eyes lol

Last edited:
why do I always do sprite updates in the middle of the night

Just some minor changes on Dedenne.

EDIT: Also, Siiilver should be added to QC for Malamar; he helped fix the eye.

Also, Siiilver should be added to QC for Malamar; he helped fix the eye.
Dude, that was nothing. Just a few pixels, so relax.

Alright guys, I will be honest and admit that I'm jealous of your skills (Especially PoM and N-Kin), but I will point out that some of N-kin's sprites are sorta oversized. The best ones of his are his pancham and his fennekin. Though I'm sorta liking the other fennekin (I think it was aXl's) which someone recently made, where one of the legs are not touching the ground. And his malamar looks like a starved squid, lol. But I'd say his pancham is brilliant. Much better than what mine could ever be. All it needs is a back now.

Now tbh, I'm really attached to my cute skiddo and gogoat, so I'mma go ahead and do a backsprite, If any of you are doing rom hacks, you can have them. (btw this is just for my DA sooo... yeah.) And thanks for the complement about my gogoat, PoM =)

I'm going to reserve Inkay (not malamar, for now), and fletchinder for animation, and I'll work on the backs of whatever I've not animated (I'd better do so, otherwise they're not gonna put my dayum name on that list)

I personally like redrooster's sprite better. N-Kin's sprite's legs are a bit too thick.

K that's all for now. I'll try and get some stuff done by this weekend (schedule became sorta tight).

Legitimate Username

NO PLAN SURVIVES
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I took a break from this for most of the weekend. But here's an update.

I reduced the motion of the two flaps adjacent to the gap by exactly half. This fixes most of the issues with the sprite, at the cost of some smoothness of animation. I'm NOT going any farther than that, because I believe I've hit a pro/con balance and do not want to ruin it.

I feel like I need to explain what my exact intentions were behind the dress motion and why it looks the way it does. I didn't want to base it off the in-game, 3D animation, because that has nearly no motion and is boring. Instead I based it off the BW regular Gardevoir animation. I wanted the dress to kind of "cascade" from the front to the back. From the front, this means the inside flaps move first, then the outside ones, while on the backsprite this is reversed. In order to make the dress move like this, the pieces on the left need to move to the left, and vice versa. This makes a gap in the dress somewhat inevitable. In addition, the motion of the dress from the back is noticeably less extreme, because those parts of the dress are resting on the ground and are more resistant to motion. I could have potentially made a simple right==>left and left==>right motion for the front and back respectively, which probably wouldn't have had these issues, but I feel like that wouldn't have been as good. The dress would have looked too flat when it's actually three-dimensional, and it deserves to be animated likewise. That was part of the reason that this sprite was by far the most difficult one to animate so far, even considering that this one hasn't gotten a rare animation yet and others have. I'm not goin

The above things considered, does anyone still have issues I should take care of before finalizing the frame rate and the new colours? Actually, I do have a couple of possible minor changes in mind (I almost always do), but I still need to know what everyone else thinks.

EDIT: Hollymon, because the shiny version has its dress split into both black and white parts, it's impossible to recolour the regular version to shiny. Likewise, the reverse isn't impossible, just change both the black and white parts to the right colour.

And might as well edit in more responses, it would be easier for me to keep track of if I have it all in one post. Ridaz, sorry, but I don't think I can rationalize adding the legs. It just seems kinda...weird. They're so thin anyways I doubt the difference would be all that noticeable.

princessofmusic, I recall a while back you said that only Zekrom is as dark as Gardevoir's dress. Actually yes, I did base it off of Zekrom's colours. The reason behind that is that it requires a whopping five different shades in order to properly show all the shadowing in the non-shiny version (regular Gardevoir uses four shades of grey with a black outline). As it happened, Zekrom was the only sprite I could find that had enough different shades to be used it as a reference. I could probably go ahead and try something lighter though, colour changes aren't that much trouble.

Last edited:

Ridaz

Don't @ me
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus

Humm, I understand. Except for the fact that, on the backsprite, If the dress is doing that motion, the legs should be visible. I don't know if it's possible to add the legs now but, I guess that's the only thing missing.
1 more thing: on the front sprite, on the left lower of it, that while pixel looks a bit out of place. Is it supposed to be look like that? Is it fixable?

Ugh sorry i am just really annoyed with outline issues at the moment but i have finished with the shiny mega mewtwo's now and ill finish the aegislash when ive finished animating it

Last edited:
im just finishing the outline for shiny aegislash blade forme animated :D
Dude, calm down. I know you're keen to help but your current demeanour is really grating. This is a message board, not a chatroom - you don't need to recount every single thing you're doing, unless you're showing something for critique. Also, grammar and punctuation are in the world for a reason. It would be nice to be able to tell what you're saying (and finally, please avoid double posting - there is an edit button at the bottom of your post, so please use it).

Speaking of which...

Litleo
The palette of this little guy has irked me for a good time - it's very dark for some reason...hence:
Litleo.png
litleoedit.png

litleoback.png
litleobackedit.png

Left: Old. Right: New.

I'll admit the changes are subtle, but I feel like this is nowhere near as dark and appears much closer in colour to the Litleo that Sugimori drew. Not sure whether it needs a bit of further shading (light rather than shadow) on the head or tail, but I'm far more satisfied with that sprite.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)